Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 10:03   #4126
BHPian

Re: Blue Bolt - Mahindra XUV700 AX7 MT P - Initial 1000kms Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Congrats on your new ride and wish you memorable miles

Quick question on the audio setup since you have the non L variant - how much of a step down is it compared to the Sony setup you must have experienced in test drive vehicles? And does it come with a sub? Do you see yourself upgrading/adding speakers in the near future?
Thanks buddy. With respect to speakers in the AX7 Non Luxury trim, I would say definitely can't match with Sony but it offers decent sound quality which is more than enough for person like me who does not have much knowledge in music and also it offers good variety of settings as displayed in the images below.

Two way DTS sound staging

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-2.jpeg

We can also adjust the field position of the sound

Mahindra XUV700 Review-3.jpeg

Other settings include the Equalizer, Speed Dependent Volume Control and Default Volume setting for each app

Mahindra XUV700 Review-4.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-5.jpeg
kachamohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 10:39   #4127
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
How long did M&M take to launch this car even after prototypes were ready ? 2 years, 3 years ? Am I to infer that their console and HU systems didn't undergo enough testing ? Wasn't the software for these fully developed by indian employees , the newly formed team was 'proudly credited' in some of their ads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
While this is an abhorrent practice to have been deployed by the Tier-1 (Visteon in this case), it is unclear why Mahindra accepted such software releases from the Tier-1.
While both of your points are correct, I would like to point out some Facts. All early prototypes of the XUV didnt have the fully functional screens in the spy images and leaked images till about late 2021 closer to the launch. Secondly, even during media drives, Mahindra made it clear that the HUs were still in Beta test phase and should not be reviewed / commented on. Even untill now the Android Auto / Apple Carplay features have not been certified on these units.
What I derive from the above two (Purely my own assumptions) when models are designed and conceived, till about the prototype phase, the rough features are kind of decided and specs are shared with OEMs and similarly here Visteon would have promised to deliver the systems as per specs. They are actually supplying to some of the best manufacturers, their systems, with some advance features. However due to chip shortage and complex integration with car ECU, proper E2E testing could not be completed in time.
Mahindra also kind of played around with the L, C, T packaging and changing feature aggregation closer to the launch to take care of chip shortages.
What next now ? My own assumption is also that the connected car features (always on) may be causing some permanent battery drainage. As more owners will report the same, I am sure they can fix it by some either a pure software upgrade or with Software + Hardware upgrades. Lets hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed. What I am wondering really is - unlike in other cars where after a full discharge, you can still open the doors with the physical key, how would one open the XUV700 with a physical key with these plush handles ? We would need to atleast unlock the bonnet to connect to the battery right ?
Old 11th January 2022, 11:26   #4128
BHPian

Re: Blue Bolt - Mahindra XUV700 AX7 MT P - Initial 1000kms Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
Thanks buddy. With respect to speakers in the AX7 Non Luxury trim, I would say definitely can't match with Sony but it offers decent sound quality which is more than enough for person like me who does not have much knowledge in music and also it offers good variety of settings as displayed in the images below.
Wonderful, thanks much for this information. This should more than suffice my needs
Old 11th January 2022, 12:39   #4129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav27 View Post
Any word on the possibility of an after market powered tailgate solution for the XUV 700? Something that won’t void the warranty.
A powered tailgate is rather a useless feature and more of a headache. You have to wait for it to open taking its own sweet time. The security guards at malls yank it up and down messing it.

A normal tailgate which you can quickly open or close by hand as needed is a much better and efficient option.
Crazy that this powered tailgate is successfully being marketed as a great feature. Its better if they didn't provide one in the first place in any car.
for_cars1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 13:02   #4130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Glad we postponed our purchase for a year ,these niggles need to be sorted out, hope Mahindra is listening. Also some important features which were missing NEED to be included in the appropriate variants. Dont wanna spend 20L and still regret.
Totally agree, I too postponed my purchase to avoid the niggles and also wait for a updated model with all the missing features.
Manojah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 13:54   #4131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
A powered tailgate is rather a useless feature and more of a headache.
Crazy that this powered tailgate is successfully being marketed as a great feature. Its better if they didn't provide one in the first place in any car.
A colleague of my friend in Dubai had to bear the costs (nearly 1200 Dhs.) for inadvertently damaging a Dubai RTA road sign. The sign was a plastic board with a small red blinking LED solar light. The powered tailgate of his Yukon Denali hit the board while opening. It was in front of a Lebanese restaurant which advised him and he immediately reported to the police. Otherwise the fine would have been higher.
sandeepmdas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 14:46   #4132
BHPian

Increased prices for January 2022 can be seen in the Booking section (https://auto.mahindra.com/own-online...ction?mgc=X700 ) of Mahindra Website .

The price-increase range from 50000-80000 (Ex-showroom).
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220111-14.40.23-.png  

D_Security_Guy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 15:30   #4133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinpower87 View Post
Thanks for the response ji. Let me know about the review on the seat cover. I too will try with them.

About the Detailing Mafia, I wanted Garware Brand PPF, I assume they don't have them yet.
Avtodock Kattupakkam does Garware PPF. They are quoting 1.1 lakhs for XUV700. 5 years warranty. Contact Mr Vimal at 9003284526

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th January 2022 at 07:40. Reason: typo
Enthusiast81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 15:57   #4134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
Increased prices for January 2022 can be seen in the Booking section (https://auto.mahindra.com/own-online...ction?mgc=X700 ) of Mahindra Website .

For AX7 D MT the price difference between that of 7th Oct'21 and that of today is 1,06,359 INR to be exact. This is appalling.
Old 11th January 2022, 16:07   #4135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
For AX7 D MT the price difference between that of 7th Oct'21 and that of today is 1,06,359 INR to be exact. This is appalling.
Price hike right from MX Variant is similar. Praiseworthy entry price was a major USP of the XUV700.

IMO Atleast the higher variants would have more kit to justify the hike. People buying the higher variants wouldn't be as much affected as the ones who've chosen the lower trims.
Old 11th January 2022, 16:48   #4136

Planning to Keep an Additional Battery as a Spare for Jump starting the Vehicle .. It is fairly easy and requires a Jumper Cable set as well . This is a must for all AT users , as "Dhakka" start will not work for them .

I guess all new Cars should have 2 Battery especially for the connected car Features . A new Vehicle not starting after just 1 week of no use should not create a Major issue like Car not starting ..

Thanks to the New users sharing their experiences and for sharing this .. Will have to keep the MBS on the go at all times .

I don't know but my Jaguar XF has 2 batteries - One in the Hood and one in the Boot . Never had any issues with Vehicle starting for last almost 5 years . Especially during the Lockdown period .. Also Have never replaced the Battery so far .. I guess this is what Build Quality is all about .
PR IDE is Life is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 17:27   #4137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post

For the variant I have booked (AX7 D AT) the price has gone up 70,000 from the time I had booked.
Old 11th January 2022, 17:47   #4138
BHPian

Looks like cng people are fast.

Got a link online regarding first such execution

https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12422726.html
Old 11th January 2022, 18:42   #4139
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
While both of your points are correct, I would like to point out some Facts. All early prototypes of the XUV didnt have the fully functional screens in the spy images and leaked images till about late 2021 closer to the launch. Secondly, even during media drives, Mahindra made it clear that the HUs were still in Beta test phase and should not be reviewed / commented on. Even untill now the Android Auto / Apple Carplay features have not been certified on these units.
Would they have done this (rushing to an already delayed launch with a half-baked HU) in the EU or US markets ? They banked on the typical Indian customer's "it's ok, I am used to being treated like s**t when I buy things" forgiving nature. And it's not just the HU, the main instrument cluster as well, perhaps a bit too hard to swallow for even the begrudgingly lenient Indian carbuyer who is plonking 30 lacs. Come on, they can't hide behind "schedule pressure" on that, can they. As I said, perhaps a step too far, deviating from a traditional instrument panel. Remember, in the words of Mr.Velusamy himself, the inspiration for state-of-the-art HU+instrument cluster, was straight from luxury models offered by the german trio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
What I derive from the above two (Purely my own assumptions) when models are designed and conceived, till about the prototype phase, the rough features are kind of decided and specs are shared with OEMs and similarly here Visteon would have promised to deliver the systems as per specs. They are actually supplying to some of the best manufacturers, their systems, with some advance features. However due to chip shortage and complex integration with car ECU, proper E2E testing could not be completed in time.
Mahindra also kind of played around with the L, C, T packaging and changing feature aggregation closer to the launch to take care of chip shortages.
How many ECU-HU pairs do you think the entire testing team would have needed to parallel test different aspects ? 10 each ? 100 each ? 1000 each ? Chip shortage is a poor excuse to hide behind, when it comes to firware/software development. I'm guessing that being a new team doing things for the first time, they perhaps underestimated the complexity. Battery drain from the always-on supply to the HU --> doesn't sound like a complicated corner-case bug to me. Power consumption (given the enclosed unventilated setting into which the HU sits) - active/standby modes, perhaps is one of the most basic signoff conditions for an automotive electronics product. I have the feeling that pretty serious gotchas are getting swept underneath the 'chip shortage' carpet.

Last edited by venkyhere : 11th January 2022 at 18:46.
venkyhere is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 19:26   #4140
Distinguished - BHPian

Hiked OTR prices of the petrol range, taken from Facebook.

MX petrol now starts from 12,95,712/-, ex-showroom Delhi.

Old Price list:-
Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1641909178494.jpg

New Price list:-
Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1641909108205.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th January 2022 at 19:28.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks