Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 09:47   #3376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Got this from a friend.
So this AX7S sits between AX5 - AX7? As far I remember, I read on the forum that AX7 (At least AT) gets ADAS + ESP. Now this new "S" seems to have dropped it and instead have 360 camera and Sony system.

This lineup is so confusing. They might think about adding questions on the lineup in competitive exams like UPSC.
neoonwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 09:59   #3377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
So this AX7S sits between AX5 - AX7? As far I remember, I read on the forum that AX7 (At least AT) gets ADAS + ESP. Now this new "S" seems to have dropped it and instead have 360 camera and Sony system.

This lineup is so confusing. They might think about adding questions on the lineup in competitive exams like UPSC.
At least they should have named it properly, like AX7 "Value" instead of calling it "smart". Who would want to be the smart person to choose just those 3 features over ADAS, ESP and more? I would walk away just for not getting ESP on a vehicle priced at 25 lakhs +.
jazzy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:46   #3378
BHPian

Don't think anyone would be OK with so many features removed and cost getting reduced by 20k only just to get the vehicle early. ADAS was one of the features which make this vehicle stand apart from the crowd.ESP, telescoping steering are basic features which are available in cars half the price of this.

Now Safari looks more of a feature loaded vehicle than this.
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:47   #3379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Yeah, on contrary if ADAS is increasing waiting period, I have not seen many AX5 around too.

They should launch AX5L with added features, My wish list for that is -

1) R18 inch Alloy.
2) Leatherette seat covers.
3) Rear armrest for 5 seater with 60:40 split.
4) Rear view camera.

I have a AX5 and would second this. Other features which could be added to AX5: (1) Motorized door handles (2) Climate control

Regarding the rear seat/armrest issue, I am exploring if there is a way to get the 7 seater version second row bench as a part from Mahindra and install it, as it would bring both these features + recline.
nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 11:11   #3380
BHPian

I think AX7 S must be seen as another round of price increase from Mahindra. When comparing with AX7 L at original prices this will never make sense, letting go most important features for a marginal price reduction. However, for new bookings or where delivery dates are so far that people might want to cancel, this option may make sense if early delivery is ensured

It will be interesting to see if current promised delivery dates are pushed further due to AX7 S. This can become a scheme to officially jump the queue by paying premium directly to Mahindra.
p_darshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 11:17   #3381
BHPian

Hi folks,

I had booked XUV700 AX7L D AT on 7/Oct thru dealer within 1st 30 mins and now I have the delivery date as Aug-2022. Initially, I had thought that delivery will be during Diwali but yet was OK with Jan-Feb. Also, I felt that AX7L was pricey for what it was offering.
Now I am cancelling my booking and have sent an email to the dealer.
Cheers!
Carz77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:12   #3382
BHPian

Two of my cousins had booked the AX7L Petrol AT, in Pune and Ahmedabad respectively; both on 7th October online. Delivery date for Pune was given as September '22 and for Ahmedabad as October '22. Both of them are opting for cancellation.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:11   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
I have booked on October 9 and still don't have a delivery date. Looking at how things are going, I have all but decided to bail out and cancel my booking. This has been shambolic from MnM and a complete disaster
Sheer coincidence or what, I got a call from the dealer today mentioning that my month of delivery is Jan 2023. So no more doubts now. Thanks MnM for making my decision easier. I am out of this crap
shrk_18 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:26   #3384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Any idea if they are giving an option to take early delivery with reduced features or this is slapped on everyone who has booked it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Got this from a friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I think the game-plan of Mahindra is like this: offer the waiting L variant customers quicker delivery with the S variant which has a substantial reduction of features but with a miniscule difference in price. Most people will see the no-win game and opt to hold on. Effectively, Mahindra can quell the noisy crowd thus, if you ask me.

I guess the variant switch will be an option, and not slapped on. If it's a mandatory thing, well, that's the end of a luv story....
I had a word with my sales guy, he confirmed that the new smart pack is being offered now, but its only for the people who had opted for the L Pack.
The waiting time may reduce by upto 6 months if one opts for the Smart pack.
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:31   #3385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
The waiting time may reduce by upto 6 months if one opts for the Smart pack.
Considering the only minor price reduction, it basically seems like Mahindra is charging a upfront premium for early delivery
nasir88 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:02   #3386
BHPian

I had booked on 8th Oct and then changed my variant to AX7 P L. I am given a delivery timeline of May 2023. also was asked if i wanted to change to smart variant.
I said i prefer to wait.
What other options do i have in Petrol. Iam moving from a Duster.
werfish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:02   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I have a AX5 and would second this. Other features which could be added to AX5: (1) Motorized door handles (2) Climate control

Regarding the rear seat/armrest issue, I am exploring if there is a way to get the 7 seater version second row bench as a part from Mahindra and install it, as it would bring both these features + recline.
Hi Nasir bro,

Congrats on your AX5. Hope the SUV is living up to the promise? I just wanted to ask what speakers have they installed in this variant and how good is the audio quality. Also I know there are dummy slots in the centre of the dash and also on the left side of the boot. Can the audio system be upgraded with a center channel and a subwoofer using those slots? Can you throw some light on that?
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:20   #3388
BHPian

The *discount* for downgrading to AX7S variant is 80k. Still not worth it IMO.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211202-2.18.20-pm.png
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:32   #3389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
The *discount* for downgrading to AX7S variant is 80k. Still not worth it IMO.

Attachment 2240241
This is becoming comical. They couldve very well waited for the supplies to get back to normal and then launched the car
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:01   #3390
BHPian

I was in the market today to buy some veggies and some good old aunty was jostling for a "Nimbu Mirchi Dhaniya" deal with the baniya. Overhearing the gossip it reminded me of this new XUV 700 AX 7 Smart (Read 'CID: Customer is Dumb') variant. I guess the M&M automotive team has reduced their product's perceived value to the the Aunty's Nimbu Mirch & Dhaniya status. One more example of the goof up of apocalyptic proportion by the M&M management.

Last edited by Monty1 : 2nd December 2021 at 15:05. Reason: Typo
Monty1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks