Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 23:09   #3256
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Found this on Twitter - seems a few are getting the new tentative delivery date which is on February, 2022. I've heard of being patient but this is ridiculous God knows what surprise awaits us on the 25th of November (tomorrow) - which is when Mahindra "promised" to tell us the new tentative dates
Attached Images

wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 00:06   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
When I did a short test drive of the AX7 petrol I found to be super silent inside the cabin.
Good point. They don't have it but let me see if I can get an AX7 L test drive but that variant is way over my budget of 20L on road.
Old 25th November 2021, 00:31   #3258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortons15 View Post
I test drove the XUV 7OO Petrol Automatic AX-5 variant yesterday and found the engine noise to be a bit on the higher side. It's much better than the diesel for sure but not satisfactory. I could hear it at almost all times. Even at idle, there was a slight thrum and slight vibrations. The ride quality was very good though.
I had the same opinion when I was a passenger during a XUV 7OO TD. It felt oddly vibey for a petrol engine - especially for one that was on idle and standing still (that or my derriere was too accustomed to the silky smooth Jazz). When I voiced my concern, the sales exec asked my friend (who was driving) to shift from D to P.

And instantly, the vibrations went away. Perhaps yours is a similar incident?
ashwin.terminat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 08:19   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Found this on Twitter - seems a few are getting the new tentative delivery date which is on February, 2022. I've heard of being patient but this is ridiculous
February 2022 is the earliest one can expect a delivery now.
In all probability it will be a 2022 manufactured vehicle. This will eventually have more resale value and hopefully will be niggle free .

If someone has a little patience, it's better to get the vehicle in Feb/March 2022 than getting it in Dec/Jan .
D_Security_Guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 09:15   #3260
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I had the same opinion when I was a passenger during a XUV 7OO TD. It felt oddly vibey for a petrol engine - especially for one that was on idle and standing still (that or my derriere was too accustomed to the silky smooth Jazz). When I voiced my concern, the sales exec asked my friend (who was driving) to shift from D to P.

This behaviour is consistent across all TC automatics. When the transmission is in D, holding the car with the brakes will always give you an undercurrent of vibration in your seat. This is more apparent in smooth petrol engines vis a vis diesels (as petrol engines themselves are very quiet thus leading to the transmission vibrations standing out). This is why I always prefer to slot the car into N whenever the stop time is longer than 10 seconds. Holding the car in D with the brakes just feels very un-natural to me because of this very characteristic. Whats worse, the higher the torque at standstill (the mStallion's 380NM torque - with a lot of it available at idle - does not help here) , the more uncomfortable it gets.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 09:47   #3261
BHPian

I just checked the M&M booking portal and can see that the delivery dates are updated (moved forward ). Earlier my tentative delivery dates were from 11th to 26th January 2022. Now it shows 31st January to 15th February 2022.

The way Mahindra has been pushing ahead the delivery dates, I am not sure if these dates too would be honoured.

Can someone please confirm if they too are able to see the updated dates on the Order Tracking page?
bill1182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 10:53   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I just checked the M&M booking portal and can see that the delivery dates are updated (moved forward ). Earlier my tentative delivery dates were from 11th to 26th January 2022. Now it shows 31st January to 15th February 2022.

The way Mahindra has been pushing ahead the delivery dates, I am not sure if these dates too would be honoured.

Can someone please confirm if they too are able to see the updated dates on the Order Tracking page?
Atleast you have a date, many folks like me who booked on7th itself are in a constant limbo of what would be our tentative month of delivery.

Anyone who has got the updates today i.e. 25th Nov please do share the same. It seems like another vague announcememt and marketing gimmick like that on 26th Oct. Not sure what should be the nect steps henceforth for customers like me
Monty1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 11:48   #3263
BHPian

What is going on with XUV700 dates
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700_meme.jpeg  

viscosity is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 12:06   #3264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Yup, yup, yup. I expected the petrol to stay silent and not grove to the beat. Have you sat in the second row ? The vibration is even more pronounced. This vehicle does vibrate, idling.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 12:32   #3265
BHPian

I believe Mahindra was supposed to share the month of delivery on 25th November. Has anyone heard from them yet. Just checked the online booking status and it is the same. Probable owners please confirm (so much for early booking).
Abhikumar629 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 12:54   #3266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
I believe Mahindra was supposed to share the month of delivery on 25th November. Has anyone heard from them yet. Just checked the online booking status and it is the same. Probable owners please confirm (so much for early booking).
Haha. You missed the operative word in their communication - starting from the 25th of November.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 13:07   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No change in my online tracking. Dealer says some update may come in by EOD today.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 13:26   #3268
BHPian

Quote:
I believe Mahindra was supposed to share the month of delivery on 25th November.
Not "on 25th Nov", but "starting from 25th Nov". There's a difference!
car_monarch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 14:47   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
No change in my online tracking. Dealer says some update may come in by EOD today.
No change for me as well..But, I have received a WhatsApp from the dealer that we will get an update on delivery after 27th November.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-statusxuv700.jpeg
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 15:08   #3270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
No change for me as well..But, I have received a WhatsApp from the dealer that we will get an update on delivery after 27th November.

Attachment 2237079
I am wondering what would be the wait times for customers who are booking now? More than a year?

Hope Mahindra is able to fast track the delivery especially for diesel variants!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks