Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2021, 21:17   #3181
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Today I visited Mahindra dealer for initial PDI of my AX7 L auto Petrol model. They informed that vehicle is in service center 10 days back. I insisted to complete their PDI and then call me. Since no information from their side, I visited today.

To my surprise, their PDI was not completed. But in my initial PDI, I noticed few things.

1. Rusted screws near tailgate.
2. Few scratches in the dashboard

Somehow I felt a negative vibe and asked SA to change the car and sent a mail to dealer. I hope they will allot another vehicle to me. Else, I will walk out.

Not expecting any rust on a brand new car
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211120_113027.jpg  

ambadan is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 21:36   #3182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
... in my initial PDI, I noticed few things.

Somehow I felt a negative vibe and asked SA to change the car and sent a mail to dealer. I hope they will allot another vehicle to me. Else, I will walk out.

This is really shocking. The reason the dealer was giving you excuses and not letting you do the PDI was definitely because they were hoping to do some cosmetic touch-ups/repairs and deliver this vehicle to you. Raise a stink on social media and shamelessly follow-up with the senior honchos at the dealership till this is amicably resolved. Do not accept this vehicle.
IamNikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 21:56   #3183
BHPian

Hi BHPIans,

Just came across this article about the Ford Equator being launched. Am not sure if its just me but does anyone else see the similarities with the XUV700 both in body proportions, Front bumper, rear tail gate and interior dashboard:-

https://www.carandbike.com/news/ford...o-show-2617657
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 11:30   #3184
BHPian

I am looking for a petrol car to replace my 9 yr old Figo TDCi. Nothing urgent of sorts and I am okay to wait for another year too. I am inclined to drive manual and not too peculiar about automatic.
So decided to utilise my Friday's holiday, went to Mahindra, test drove AX7L petrol automatic, as well as petrol manual. After which I visited Tata showroom and took Safari automatic on a spin. Why to leave Jeep alone, straight way headed to Jeep dealer, Compass automatic test drive done and dusted
Here are my observations based on these test rides. All involved highways, bad roads and city traffic.

XUV7OO
1. I was blown away with the petrol engine's refinement and sheer power available on tap. NVH is also well controlled. Power delivery is instant
2. The big landscape touchscreen really looks cool with thoughtful fonts, illumination, graphics. Though it could have been better executed but, well done Mahindra!
3. Interior quality is okay and didn't feel like well put together.
4. Driver seat auto sliding on door opening and closing is really cool!
5. Driver as well as passenger seats though accommodative, could do away with more under thigh support.
6. Suspension soaked bumps well. Though 5000kms run car was making noises from unknown places. Not cool.
7. Steering is super light and car wraps around you. Don't feel like you are driving such a big car
8. There is slight delay in displaying camera feeds on the screen
9. The panel gaps are evident
10. Somehow felt paint quality is not upto the mark. Colors looked faded, no luster.
11. Clutch is light, shifts are good in manual

Safari
1. Built quality felt solid over XUV
2. Steering is unnecessarily hard
3. Interior quality is better over XUV, and is well put together
4. 3rd row is actually usable
5. No rattles. Even this test drive car had done 5000+ kms
6. NVH is poor. Could hear engine gruff note inside
7. Felt power delivery is lazy in comparison with XUV's torqey petrol, engine gearbox combo took time to respond
8. Ride quality is similar to XUV
9. Seats, space as well very similar XUV. Could have done with more under thigh support
10. Felt paint quality is better over XUV, and panel gaps are consistent
11. Somehow Safari looks bigger in person and you feel you are driving a bigger car

Jeep Compass
1. Red compass S trim was on display. I was blown away with interior fit and finish, quality of material used, all black interiors, door heft, overall build of the car. Compass interior quality, touchscreen are miles ahead of XUV and Safari
2. Model S is dressed to kill! Paint quality is the best in business.
3. Seats offer better thigh support
4. I am 5'9" and my head brushed to the sunroof when I sat in second row. No option to recline it either. Disappointing.
5. Overall space felt similar to Figo and not really an upgrade
6. As expected 1.4 ltr engine is the weakest link. Gearbox does no good to make it feel better. The car is s-l-o-w. Engine struggles to carry around this heft. You wait and wait and wait after pressing pedal for engine to respond
7. Ride is stiffer in comparison, steering calibration is most accurate.
8. All the feel good feeling shattered after looking at prices! 30L OTR for petrol S trim whereas XUV diesel AWD AX7 L trim costs some 28.xx lakhs.
No way man. Sales executive tried really hard to convince me on Jeep legacy, how this is safer car, a segment higher car etc etc
thanks but no thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 26th November 2021 at 09:41. Reason: Typo.
StepUP! is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 13:15   #3185
BHPian

Hello,
Booked XUV 700 AX5 D AT on 13th Nov. I don’t think I should ask about delivery date, considering even members who booked in first/second week of October are yet to receive it !
We ( me and family ) were creating list of accessories which we will eventually add. We debated about alloy upgrade, interestingly I came across one you tube video which showed AX5 and AX7 side by side.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot20211121at12.29.52pm.png

I feel most of the AX5 buyer will have this confusion -
Considering 18 ( 235/60 ) and 17 ( 235 (65 )
17" -
  • Gives better handling/comfort, As official team bhp review says
    “We like this 10-spoke diamond cut alloy wheel design. 18-inch rims are shod with 235/60 section tyres. We still feel that 17-inchers is the max that SUVs should go with, because smaller wheels + taller tyre sidewalls are so much more practical for India (less prone to damage, superior ride quality, cheaper replacement costs):
18" -
  • Give more SUV stance. It's always cheaper to do upgrade at time of delivery, is lot costlier to do later.

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st November 2021 at 13:51. Reason: Formatting
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 17:38   #3186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
17" -
    “We like this 10-spoke diamond cut alloy wheel design. 18-inch rims are shod with 235/60 section tyres. We still feel that 17-inchers is the max that SUVs should go with, because smaller wheels + taller tyre sidewalls are so much more practical for India (less prone to damage, superior ride quality, cheaper replacement costs):
18" -
  • Give more SUV stance. It's always cheaper to do upgrade at time of delivery, is lot costlier to do later.

I think 141mm (60% of 235) sidewalls is taller enough for the durability and at the same time not compromising on the ride quality. In the TDs we did and in hundreds of reviews available today, we haven't heard any complain which may directly relate to this tyre size.
Anyways its always recommended to stick to the OEM size and avoid tyre upsizing as it will lead to multiple handling issues and a drop in mileage.

You'd also love to read this thread for a comprehensive insight into choosing the right tyres

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-your-car.html (ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car)
Old 21st November 2021, 19:19   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
In the TDs we did and in hundreds of reviews available today, we haven't heard any complain which may directly relate to this tyre size.
Anyways its always recommended to stick to the OEM size and avoid tyre upsizing as it will lead to multiple handling issues and a drop in mileage.
I am referring more to comparative handling/comfort analysis between AX5 which comes with stock 17" and AX7 comes with stock 18", all TD vehicles are AX7 so i could really get that data.

As far as question goes if 18" is safer upgrade, i believe it is, difference is well below 2%
Attached Images

mytbhp_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 19:32   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
Rusted screws near tailgate.
Since the boot remains closed for prolonged duration, some water molecules might have got trapped and lingered on due to the non exposure to ambient air for evaporation. Surface level rust, IMHO.

But hey, who knows? These screws might also be from a new vendor. Not sure whether they have properly salt spray tested to find the duration to white rust and red rust initiation.

In the end, your money, your time. Just make sure you don't lose your rapport with the dealer. A freshly baked car, it's the dealer who is the single point of contact for any concerns related with the car and will greatly effect your ownership experience in the coming days.

Hope, your decision turns fruitful. Was it the Midnight Black color?
eccentric is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 21:29   #3189
BHPian

Quote:
17" -
On Indian roads one should have atleast 65 profile tyres. And 60 or 55 profile tyres are useful only if you want very high speed (150 kmph+) handling and cornering. If you are going to drive at that speed get a sports car.

Even with 70 profile tyres I have managed to irrepairably damage an alloy wheel out of balance.Though I confess I do tend to hammer my Grand Vitara over very rough roads.
sridhar-v is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 22:27   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
On Indian roads one should have atleast 65 profile tyres. And 60 or 55 profile tyres are useful only if you want very high speed (150 kmph+) handling and cornering. If you are going to drive at that speed get a sports car.

Even with 70 profile tyres I have managed to irrepairably damage an alloy wheel out of balance.Though I confess I do tend to hammer my Grand Vitara over very rough roads.
On this note , is it advisable to downsize the 18" (235 60 R18) OEM tyres to 17" (235 65 R17 ) ?
One use case for the mild offroaders would be getting more options in the AT tyres.

For the AWD variant I booked , I was planning to replace the MRF wanderer tyres with Pirelli scorpion ATR ( 235/65 R 17) !

Do we any clear advantages or disadvantages in downsizing and in converting HT to AT tyres ? I won't mind slight increase in NVH levels.
D_Security_Guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 23:02   #3191
BHPian

Quote:
I am referring more to comparative handling/comfort analysis between AX5 which comes with stock 17" and AX7 comes with stock 18", all TD vehicles are AX7 so i could really get that data.

As far as question goes if 18" is safer upgrade, i believe it is, difference is well below 2%
I own Xuv 500 W11(O) which came with 18’’ (235/60/R18) and they are still going strong after 84000 km and the car goes through bad quality roads everyday. Not a single puncture till now and they still have 4000-5000 km life left in them. Only problem is Bridgestone Ecopia is very hard compound and tyre noise is on higher side.
MayurS is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 23:04   #3192
BHPian

Came across this video where the owner installed rear view camera (Accessory Part No. AW60065) in his AX5 model. The official accessory (rear view camera) feeds directly into the display and has static guidelines, support for wide and ultrawide perspective as well.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv-700-ax5-rear-camera-official-accessory-6.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv-700-ax5-rear-camera-official-accessory-7.jpg.

The quality, as expected isn't that great with the customer commenting the same. The accessory is fitted without the need of splicing any wires but is fitted lower down the bumper. Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv-700-ax5-rear-camera-official-accessory-3.jpgMahindra XUV700 Review-xuv-700-ax5-rear-camera-official-accessory-5.jpg

However, I'm quite happy that Mahindra was able to integrate their official accessory that way. I hope the same would apply for the front parking sensors and they can be integrated into the display as well.

Attaching a video of the same if members are interested to watch the whole process.

Last edited by wadewilson : 21st November 2021 at 23:07. Reason: Mentioned wide and ultrawide capability of the camera
wadewilson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 00:56   #3193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
..But in my initial PDI, I noticed few things.

C'mon - all it needs is a little WD40 sprayed and wiped. There are few parts in the car which will rust if not used regular nd I don't see a big issue with it. If you are not convinced, ask the mechanics to unbolt in front of you and use a new screw instead.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 01:27   #3194

Hi Fellow BHPian's

This is my first post in the channel and I hope it will be good.

Firstly thanks to the moderators to allow my membership.

Coming back to the Post.

I have taken the delivery of my XUV700 on 2nd November.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-maddyxuv7001.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-maddyxuv7002.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-maddyxuv7003.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-maddyxuv7004.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-maddyxuv7005.jpg

Sorry for the dusty car as it just took a dusty parking at Delhi Zoo

Its petrol, AX7L and in gorgeous Midnight Black Colour.

I have been dying to reply to so many questions that were asked after 2nd November, i think the forum went from 97th page to 213 in the meanwhile.

Delivery story
Got a mail from MnM on 29th Oct that my XUV will be delivered on 30th October. Thought of it as a mistake , ignored it completely. Then the Executive from Indraprastha automobiles Wazirpur Delhi called and confirmed the same. But I wanted the delivery on the Dhanteras, so i delayed the delivery by 2 days itself and the dealer agreed on the same. There was some glitches during the delivery but as its a new vehicle and altogether a new process, it was fine and a smooth process itself.

Odometer
Reading stands at 850+ KM's till now. I know its less but been a bit busy in personal life. Will take this monster out for a wild ride after 1st Service.

After sales support
Ahem Ahem ... hands down the best after sales service I have seen till date in an Indian Car Manufacturer. Although I am among the very few ones who got the initial delivery of the Vehicle in Delhi-Ncr. The resolution time for any Query or issue has been under 12 hrs and thats commendable. And thats the resolution time and not the revert from some representatives . The POC aligned for me has been spectacular and very aggressive . As its a new flagship for MnM, they are not leaving any stone unturned w.r.t Customer care and after sales.

Coming to Vehicle

It's gorgeous and a beast at the same time. Till date I haven’t seen any Other XUV700 running in Delhi or Noida. And getting lots and lots of eyeballs. Even got pulled over by a cop, who just wanted to check the car and admired it very keen-fully.

MnM have outdone themselves by leaps and bounds. And I am in love with the car. It’s smooth and brutale on acceleration.

Let me break it down in chunks -

Flushed Door Handles(Automatic) - the highlight of the locking and unlocking in public. It’s smooth and slick.

Headlights - Clear and very bright and have a good throw.

Music System - Darn it makes me smile , doesn't matter where you are seated, its crisp, loud, and clear

ADAS - the major reason for buying the XUV, and it works very well. As i have a toddler who wants to wreak havoc in the car. ADAS is a must and it actually avoided a crash for me when my son just distracted me. Phew and thanks for this feature.

Seats - plush comfortable and specially the welcome feature is so warming. Makes me feel pampered by the car.

Dual Zone AC - as its a segment first, but an old thing so no one has talked about it. But for me its a blessing, cant tell how many arguments it has saved me from

Sky Roof - nice, big , and the highlight for the second n third row passengers.

And lots more.. cant write its too much

Sore Points

Manual IRVM - why MnM why, this is not done in such a segment

NO AIS Dark Green Cut Glass - its beyond my understanding that how can MnM can launch such a massive impactful car without using AIS dark green glass, which is used in cars like baleno also. Having transparent glasses is odd and then not providing the internal sun shades also.

Thanks guys,
Will share more soon and will try to answer your questions.

Also yes I haven’t taken insurance from the showroom and it was from a third party. The showroom/dealer cant force you to do so. If they still argue then please ask them to write it on official letterhead or send a mail from their registered ID.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules and Posting Etiquettes before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th November 2021 at 09:44. Reason: Mod note attached.
manav274 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 01:49   #3195

Quote:
Today I visited Mahindra dealer for initial PDI of my AX7 L auto Petrol model. They informed that vehicle is in service center 10 days back. I insisted to complete their PDI and then call me. Since no information from their side, I visited today.

To my surprise, their PDI was not completed. But in my initial PDI, I noticed few things.

Hi Sir,

Firstly as u can see there is water all over the back panel, And if it's just the nut that is rusted, then it can be easily dealt with. Just get it replaced . But if you see any rust on the vehicle body then it’s altogether a different issue. Scratches in dashboard, Not sure if they are minor or major, because minors are there in my XUV700 also.
manav274 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks