Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 12:39   #4681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
. Now the dealer is saying the car will be here in 3-4 days and so asking me to make payment and take delivery! Thinking of asking to pass this time and take the next possible allocation in light of such an unplanned early delivery.
If you skip the delivery, make sure that you don't end up in the tail end of the queue.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 13:19   #4682
BHPian

Quote:
The MX Petrol (Midnight Black) I had booked for my mom has been allocated and is in transit. It was projected to arrive in late March/early April and I had planned my bank Fixed Deposits in such a way that I will have funds available by mid-March. Now the dealer is saying the car will be here in 3-4 days and so asking me to make payment and take delivery! Thinking of asking to pass this time and take the next possible allocation in light of such an unplanned early delivery.
These are FDs Sir. Curious about why the wait for "your own money" asset to be with bank for one more month and delay the car.

At the very max, just a bit of admin hassle and a small notional loss of interest. Wait for this particular car can be very higher as compared to wait for the FDs to get matured. My suggestion will be to take the car delivery.
headbanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:18   #4683
BHPian

Quote:
The MX Petrol (Midnight Black) I had booked for my mom has been allocated and is in transit. It was projected to arrive in late March/early April and I had planned my bank Fixed Deposits in such a way that I will have funds available by mid-March. Now the dealer is saying the car will be here in 3-4 days and so asking me to make payment and take delivery! Thinking of asking to pass this time and take the next possible allocation in light of such an unplanned early delivery.
It's just a month. I believe that the amount you loose would be negligible as compared to the amount of money and time if you choose to wait for the car later.

Of course this is assuming that the amount of FD is somewhat similar to price of car.

In case there is a loss of bigger amount in FD interest amount and you don't want to loose that, then there is another way. I'm not a banker and have limited knowledge. But I'll try to put my view as a layman.

Car loans these days have zero processing fees and interest rate of around 7% annually. What you can do is to keep your FD safe for another month and take a car loan for the delivery. After a month just get the money from FD and pay the loan. There's one point to note though. Please make sure the terms and conditions of loan have zero foreclosure charges. Else you'll be paying more money.

Please go ahead and get the car. You and your mom deserve it

Hope this helps
sudanmohit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 14:56   #4684

Quote:
There is one more option I would suggest, Try taking OD facility against FD. The interest rate will be ~2% higher than your FD rate. You can get 90% of the FD amount as loan and also you will be charged only for the number of days the amount is availed for. Also part payments can be made against the OD amount without incurring any charges, If partial amount is paid it shall be exempted from the interest rate as well.
Advantage of this is you can avoid breaking the FD and really helpful if the need for money is for a shorter duration. Hope this helps
Auto_Nar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 17:01   #4685

Quote:
Thinking of asking to pass this time and take the next possible allocation in light of such an unplanned early delivery.
Was this booked under price protection on 7th or 8th Oct, then you might have to check if the protection will be valid if you ask for pass.
Old 15th February 2022, 18:01   #4686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
To all AWD owners - have you explored the possibility of getting AWD badging from Mahindra itself? Maybe tweets to Mahindra and Pratap Bose requesting for one, if you guys are active on Twitter? All videos and posts I came across on social media suggest that they are planning to get after-market badges. If so many people are interested, I think Mahindra would provide one.

Apart from satisfying our branding and badging interests, it would also serve an important purpose of identifying the drive train easily, in case one wants to tow it. If one attempts to tow it just like a FWD vehicle without disconnecting the rear differential, it would damage the AWD system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
That's a valid point. Why don't you tweet and we can chime in. I'm more than happy to tweet, might end up taking the finer points from your post, if you are ok with that.
https://twitter.com/George39927572/s...28430649872386

Here you go! I am not an avid Twitter user, took me a while to find out my password. I was also waiting for a post from the XUV700 Twitter handle.

I don't have any other finer points to add though - other than the ones I mentioned in the original post, regarding towing. AWD variants can not be towed by lifting up the front wheel, due to the drivetrain connected to the rear wheel. Even if one plans to use a flatbed, let's say you want to bring out the car from parking to board it on the flatbed. Usually, you would tow it using a smaller vehicle. In this case, you wouldn't be able to do it without disconnecting the rear shaft. If you attempt to do so, it could damage the system. That is why properly identifying the variant is important (especially since most delivered vehicles are FWD ones). AWD badging would be nice to have if Mahindra decides to provide one.

Last edited by The Alchemist : 15th February 2022 at 18:04. Reason: adding a quote for context
The Alchemist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 19:31   #4687
BHPian

NBS Mahindra Andheri Is Just A Bad Dealer

My delivery month for XUV700 MX Petrol was allocated between March-April but around Feb 1st when I checked Mahindra website it showed your car is ready to be shipped to the dealer. The next day it showed car has reached dealer stockyard as always neither the dealer nor Mahindra support had any clue. Overall an underwhelming experience so far.

Nightmare starts once SA is allocated. I asked for a PDI at stockyard and these guys kept delaying with a stupid reason of needing approval. Finally today after 10 days of delaying they told me your PDI is not approved, not sharing who disapproved my PDI

Also they told me that the car already has 50 kms clocked and would need 100 more kms to reach the showroom! This is simply not acceptable and seems ridiculous to me! My asks from the experts on the forum is to guide with the options I have?

Although all was not bad, few acceptable experiences are:- they matched the insurance quote to market rates. Did not force Incidental Charges or Essential Accessories on me.

My car buying experience for a 10 year old Hyundai i10 was miles ahead of what I had with NBS Mahindra. I am shocked of such unprofessional experience from a Mahindra sister company, i have tweeted this with #BeFairMahindra, hope someone hears my complaints.

Overall such unfair practices spoils a premium car buying experience and for me Mahindra has lost credibility and my trust!
k_gpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 00:56   #4688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
NBS Mahindra Andheri Is Just A Bad Dealer

Nightmare starts once SA is allocated. I asked for a PDI at stockyard and these guys kept delaying with a stupid reason of needing approval. Finally today after 10 days of delaying they told me your PDI is not approved, not sharing who disapproved my PDI

Although all was not bad, few acceptable experiences are:- they matched the insurance quote to market rates. Did not force Incidental Charges or Essential Accessories on me.

Overall such unfair practices spoils a premium car buying experience and for me Mahindra has lost credibility and my trust!
Sorry to hear this but NBS Andheri seems to be developing a bad reputation. BHPian Nikhil also had a poor experience with NBS Andheri but if I recall correctly he did do the PDI in the stockyard at Bhiwandi.

Do you have the chassis number / VIN of the allotted vehicle?

Some suggestions on the next steps:

1. Send an email asking for PDI at stockyard. I'm pretty sure they will not reply back saying PDI is declined. You can also mention that NBS Andheri has allowed PDIs at the Bhiwandi stockyard for other buyers.
2. Talk to Mahindra customer care or the Mahindra sales manager, see if they can intervene.
3. Start copying Mahindra folks onto the email chain and keep sending reminders for the next few days.
4. Day 3 - start tweeting to Mahindra on their official handles with the top brass marked.

I believe you're well within your rights to complete the PDI before paying the money. Don't give in easily.
charade is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 09:06   #4689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Sorry to hear this but NBS Andheri seems to be developing a bad reputation. BHPian Nikhil also had a poor experience with NBS Andheri but if I recall correctly he did do the PDI in the stockyard at Bhiwandi.

Do you have the chassis number / VIN of the allotted vehicle?

Some suggestions on the next steps:

I believe you're well within your rights to complete the PDI before paying the money. Don't give in easily.
Thanks @charade for your reply & suggestions, will try these steps .

Yes Chassis & VIN are available in the insurance quotes they shared.
Old 16th February 2022, 09:40   #4690
BHPian

Hello All. Need quick suggestion from fellow members. Got my vehicle allocated on 9th Feb. Completed the PDI and found the vehicle to be ok. Could not check the paint properly as the vehicle in the stockyard was quite dirty and I did not want to rub-off the dust fearing it will damage the paint. Below are the points I need help on.

1: The vehicles came shod with Bridgestone Ecopia EP850. How are these tyres? Does anyone have any experience using the Ecopia series before? I have used Bridgestone on my previous cars, and have found them to be pretty reliable and long lasting.

2: The auspicious day for delivery works out to be closer to March 10th. My contention was to pay the down payment now, and disburse the loan closer to delivery day (which will also help me save on interest payable for the period the vehicle is at the stockyard), however, the dealer is insisting on full payment and invoicing the car. He is ok to get it registered closer to the preferred delivery date. Is this set-up ok or can we demand the dealer to wait.

Requesting members to kindly help with their inputs.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 10:03   #4691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Thanks for the note. What is the recommended tyres as replacement to XUV700 AWD? Is anyone here considering changing this as soon as you get delivery?

From earlier discussions , it seemed like the Apollo's/MRF are good enough for the demands. If not, I would seriously consider changing immediately after taking delivery and get good exchange price for the stock tires.

Meanwhile, Finally I hear that my AWD is on it's way to the dealership and I should be seeing it soon! Will keep you updated with progress.
18 incher options are limited, mainly after the import embargo. Yokohoma Geolander/Michelin/Hankook (AT's) can have suitable options. Yet to get into the research mode. However there is enough study material out here, which can give you a generic idea on various brands and their pro's and con's.
Old 16th February 2022, 10:26   #4692
BHPian

I had booked White petrol AX7 Automatic with Pune dealer on 18th Dec 2021. Delivery date shown is May-Jun 2023.
Just to see if I can get earlier delivery, I booked same model with Sangli dealer on 21st Dec. But it showed same delivery date. So I canceled it, refund as well received.
Now, to my surprise, received call from dealer that the XUV model which I have booked is available in blue color. And I can avail the same immediately! And this is Sangli dealer whose booking I have cancelled

I was so tempted to go for it but restrained. Said no.
This shows how their algorithm is goofed up.

Last edited by StepUP! : 16th February 2022 at 10:27.
Old 16th February 2022, 10:51   #4693
BHPian

Request advise - original delivery date for XUV700 AWD is September, I was rigorously following up to see if I can get an early delivery, now it seems there are quite a few cancellations happening and I got a call stating that an allocated vehicle is available for me to take since the customer who it was allocated to has canceled the booking. It’s in a different color so that’s one of the decision points but apart from that is there anything else that I should check or be aware of before taking the decision, appreciate all the help

Last edited by Jyotil : 16th February 2022 at 10:52.
Jyotil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 13:27   #4694
BHPian

Got some vital information from the Mahindra customer service team through their twitter handle, on the Ground Clearance and the boot space.

I am surprised why this information is not shared in the official brochure or the owner's manual.

Ground clearance of XUV700 is 200mm (unladen). Good enough to take you places without scraping the under belly.

Boot space for 5-seater variant is 1025 Liters whereas the boot space for 7-seater variant with third row folded down is 900 Liters. This must be sufficient enough for the luggage for a long trip.
bill1182 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 14:02   #4695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotil View Post
..is there anything else that I should check or be aware of before taking the decision, appreciate all the help
Congratulations on getting your car early! My AWD is due for Sept too. I wish I get a pleasant surprise too

Regarding the PDI, you can refer to this thread.
He also got a AWD last week, and has detailed the PDI process.
shifu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks