Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 09:23   #6181
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

When was this? I mean what date you took delivery and this email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimal8 View Post
The Sales guys are dumb...speak to the Manager at NBS. I got this confirmation by email when I asked them to give it in writing
Old 19th July 2022, 10:39   #6182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
When was this? I mean what date you took delivery and this email?
Took Delivery on 31st May and initially the letter given by them mentioned only about the Extra Keys. I raised the issue about rear sequential indicators and one Sales Guy told me exactly what you have been told that these have been stopped by Company. However, another XUV700 which was being delivered had the sequential indicators so I spoke to the Manager and she said I shall get the sequential indicators at a later date and I got the email within an hour confirming the same.
bimal8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 11:05   #6183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimal8 View Post
Took Delivery on 31st May and initially the letter given by them mentioned only about the Extra Keys. I raised the issue about rear sequential indicators and one Sales Guy told me exactly what you have been told that these have been stopped by Company. However, another XUV700 which was being delivered had the sequential indicators so I spoke to the Manager and she said I shall get the sequential indicators at a later date and I got the email within an hour confirming the same.
Since we’re talking about NBS Mahindra what’s the name of the manager you wrote to ? Could you please share the coordinates so that I can do the same. Thanks.
Old 19th July 2022, 12:47   #6184
BHPian

Received an update from Mahindra through Whatsapp that my booking status has changed to "Order under planning". Finally one step progress after 8 months of waiting. Now the new delivery timeline is September 12th. Earlier it was December 6th, 2022.

Any idea how long would it take from now till the vehicle delivery?
Old 19th July 2022, 13:07   #6185
BHPian

An update for anyone with OnePlus phone who were previously unable to connect through wireless android seems to now be resolved with the latest software update on OnePlus phones.

I had honestly lost hopes that this would ever get fixed but thankfully I can finally use Android Auto wirelessly after 6 months of owning the car.
souvik6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 16:07   #6186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivsubs View Post
Hi Team-BHPians,

The tentative delivery date was updated today to May-Jun 2024
Is this really worth enough to wait for 2 years for a car? A dozen more will release in this time and by the time of delivery, it might become an old one. My max preference would be 3 months for waiting. More than that, I personally will lose interest on the product
sunilsreenivasg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 17:05   #6187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shitij Pasricha View Post

XUV 700 PDI Impressions.

Suddenly we could notice white smoke coming from underneath the hood.
We quickly opened the hood and saw a fine streak of white smoke arising from just behind the engine.
Along with the smoke there was burning smell as well as if some electrical component was burning.
The smoke continued for about 3 minutes and then subsided.
The dealership people acknowledged smoke and they also made a video of the same.
They explained that this is happening with every second or third car.
Just behind the engine there is a section of wires and a small round part which is wrapped by some sort of silver tape over a flexible wire housing.
The smoke was actually coming from that small round metal part which even the Sales people didn't know.
The team informed me that whenever temperature rises for the first time, the varnish or glue melts and results into this kind of burning and smoke.

Shitij
This didn't happen with my XUV. I don't recall anyone else mentioning this on this thread.
I've never heard nor experienced this kind of "first time use" smoke.
I would not accept such a car, without a proper Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
In my view there could be a cable with worn out insulation in the harness which fouled with the body earth, but did not generate adequate heat to melt a fuze. The fault could repeat when the vehicle body undergoes movement. I don't intend to scare you, but such short circuits have the tendency to start a fire.
I suggest you write to customer.care@mahindra.com and ask for a RCA from a qualified agency
ColAjayDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 17:31   #6188

I have bought the XUV7OO AWD, got delivered in February.

My car has developed a peculiar issue. If I don't use the car more than 24 hours it starts fogging from inside on all 8 glass areas. Leaving lots of humid climate when you immediately step in.

This has happened in summers and even during monsoons.

I showed it to service center but they are not taking the issue seriously.

Even the driver side tail lamp shows marks of water having entered inside.

What are the options I have?

Last edited by Aditya : 19th July 2022 at 19:45. Reason: SMS lingo
Old 19th July 2022, 17:38   #6189
BHPian

Quick update: Software on the car was running with a lag for the past week or so, Adrenox connectivity was lost too.

Today the car doors didn’t open with the remote, I was unable to open the car with the key too (need to learn how to do this). Called the RSA service which referred me to the nearest workshop (NBS Sewri). They sent me the breakdown team. 3 people showed up after an hour but came without a jump start cable. After a lot of too and fro they put their own car’s battery into mine and started the car. I drove to the workshop where the initial diagnosis is that the battery died because the software version is outdated (7..) and caused the music system etc to drain the battery even after the car’s been shut down.

I was in the same workshop about a week ago and was told that my car had the latest software version. When I asked them about it today it they said that the latest version is to be installed only when the car faces any challenges and hence the answer given to me last time (that my car’s software version was current/latest holds true).

Interesting times ahead, coming from a Honda city
eagles_ts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 19:25   #6190

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
An update for anyone with OnePlus phone who were previously unable to connect through wireless android seems to now be resolved with the latest software update on OnePlus phones.

I had honestly lost hopes that this would ever get fixed but thankfully I can finally use Android Auto wirelessly after 6 months of owning the car.
This is great news! Could you please confirm your OnePlus model name and latest software version? I have OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G with 5th June software (Android 11) and it refuses to connect wireless. There is no further update available. However OnePlus 7T and 9 connect with wireless Android auto without any issue even with older software version. Thanks.
Old 19th July 2022, 19:41   #6191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
The fault could repeat when the vehicle body undergoes movement. I don't intend to scare you, but such short circuits have the tendency to start a fire.
I suggest you write to customer.care@mahindra.com and ask for a RCA from a qualified agency
Many Thanks Sir

Made a follow up visit to inspect the car again.
Started the engine and waited for it to sufficiently warm up.
There was no smoke or any burning smell noticed this time. The smell and smoke were not electrical since we observed everything very keenly.
We also met senior technicians and the person who does the PDI of all vehicles to get their point of view.
Discussions with them and observations resulted in finding that the smoke came out of the DEF Fluid valve located just behind the engine.
We also randomly stumbled upon a customer who had taken the delivery of his vehicle 4 days ago who had come over to update his KYC.
He said he noticed something similar soon after taking the delivery of the car when he had just barely reached the petrol pump for refuelling the car.
His observations were exactly the same.
He informed the dealership then and there within obvious response that all is good and nothing to worry about.
After about 2 minutes the smoke subsided and he has driven his car for about 200 km ever since without any smoke or burning smell detection.

Therefore observing the car for second time and speaking to this new owner has given me some amount of satisfaction.
Fingers crossed. God Bless Us!
Will be taking the delivery on Friday.

Best Regards
Shitij Pasricha is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 20:11   #6192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
Quick update: Software on the car was running with a lag for the past week or so, Adrenox connectivity was lost too.

Interesting times ahead, coming from a Honda city
Makes me wonder, even before taking delivery, whether there is any point in going to NBS for service. Other folks in Mumbai, how's the experience with Randhawa or any other dealers?
charade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 21:25   #6193
BHPian

Is it true that the waiting times will start improving significantly after 6Months from the booking date?

I have AX7 P L AT booked with NBS, Mumbai in Mar'22 with a delivery estimate of Dec'23. After having multiple calls with customer care and the dealership to have more visibility on timelines, the dealership indicated that the latest visibility for delivery is Sep'23 and this should further improve from Sep'22.

Has anybody seen this trend - improving delivery timelines after 6M?
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 22:13   #6194
BHPian

Wanted to share my not so good experience with the XUV700 Sporty Black & Blue Body Cover (SKU#AW60062) bought from the M2All online store.

Quality of the cover is hard and gives scratches on paint surface if one is not cautious while removing or applying this cover. Add to this the quality of this cover is inferior and within two months of usage its torn and got multiple holes as well - images attached for reference.

I would suggest BHPians to avoid this accessory from M2All, their customer service is also nothing to write home about. Overall I expected better quality from genuine accessories sold at inflated prices by Mahindra.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220716_110918.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220716_110927.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220716_110938.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220716_110951.jpg  

k_gpatel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 13:07   #6195
BHPian

Are there any XUV700 diesel owners who primarily use their car for short city runs. If yes, have you faced DPF issues? Looking to change my petrol booking to diesel after getting to know the abysmal FE figures of the petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks