Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2022, 12:01   #6151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVR View Post
I was scheduled to do PDI of my vehicle tomorrow here in Bangalore. My SA called me just now to let me know that M&M has instructed dealership to strictly deny PDI at their stock yard. Reason: Someone from Team BHP took photos of the dirty vehicles in stock yard and uploaded in public forum.

Wanted to check with fellow BHPians here if anyone one else due for PDI also got a similar message from the dealership or is my SA taking me for a ride here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harish11128 View Post
My SA called me up yesterday and told me that there is an open stock of AX7L D available (due to a cancellation). I told him I am ready to take it after doing a PDI. But the SA told me something similar, that only yesterday that they received an email from Mahindra management to not allow PDI at the stock yard.
I refused the vehicle as I couldn't do a PDI (especially for a open stock) and the one actually allotted to me is anyway expected next month.
The SA also told me that only for the open stock I am not allowed PDI, but I will be allowed for the one that is actually being allotted to me (weird though)
Both of you can ask the dealer for a PDI to be done at the dealership.
They would certainly agree to that.
Please ensure that the car is kept at the dealership and not driven back to the stockyard again.
Old 16th July 2022, 12:17   #6152
BHPian

As it is most manufacturers do not like to take their customers to the stockyard for a PDI as usually cars are cramped in a dirty open space in sun and rain. But since we insist they reluctantly oblige. All depends on our communication and relationship with them.

All we need to do is check the VIN, variant, tyres, quick look inside and outside, Odo reading, under the bonnet and take some pictures. If we insist on a drive and literally check every feature, AC and spend 2 hours, one day all manufacturers will completely put an end to this practice.

Then we will have no choice but to wait for delivery day to get the first look .
Nalin1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 19:20   #6153
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasark View Post
I have got Blaupunkt dh05 installed on my AX5 a couple of months back. I had it installed from the Mahindra dealer's accessory division in Mangalore.It has dynamic guidelines which change based on the steering direction change.It is better than the Mahindra one & is useful. Direct fitment near the registration plate and took around 1 hour to get it done.
My mechanic suggested that I buy the Mahindra accessory camera kit and replace just the camera with a good quality aftermarket option like the Blupunkt DH05. He said that camera jacks are the same on all cameras, and he'll use the wiring kit that comes with a genuine accessory camera.

How did you get the DH05 installed? Did they use the wiring from DH05 or the Mahindra accessory wiring? Can you please share some details and pics of the fitting?
Old 16th July 2022, 20:58   #6154
RVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Both of you can ask the dealer for a PDI to be done at the dealership.
They would certainly agree to that.
Please ensure that the car is kept at the dealership and not driven back to the stockyard again.
Thanks! Did the PDI today at their service station close to dealership outlet. What surprises me is the ODO on the vehicle which was showing 29Km which is the total distance between their stock yard and service station. Looks like they have reset the odo to 0 before vehicle left the yard.
Old 17th July 2022, 09:15   #6155
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

I finally got a call from my dealership informing that my car is in transit. They have urged me to come to the showroom on Monday to discuss on the invoicing etc. Since I'm a first time buyer of Mahindra, can sone one guide me what this discussion is about and what things I should be aware before hand? Can I ask them for VIN number etc. ?
Old 17th July 2022, 11:52   #6156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Bhpians,

I finally got a call from my dealership informing that my car is in transit. They have urged me to come to the showroom on Monday to discuss on the invoicing etc. Since I'm a first time buyer of Mahindra, can sone one guide me what this discussion is about and what things I should be aware before hand? Can I ask them for VIN number etc. ?
My suggestions:

First visit before pdi:
1. Get the proforma invoice - with just the vehicle price and tax incase of personal finance. Avoid the extended warranty and others on it so you get a clear pricing. Get them to remove any handling/extra charges if they add it.
2. Get the VIN and engine number.
3. Get the extended warranty quotation.
4. Get the accessory quotation, don’t sign and confirm. Tell them you will confirm after pdi.
5. Get the final quotation of insurance with addons and do not confirm on it yet.
6. Check if they can get you your preferred fastag and what would be the balance at time of delivery, if they can’t or the balance is less than 50rs then tell them you will get your own and minus the fastag amount.
7. Ask for pdi at showroom few days before delivery instead of stockyard - from personal experience it’s not worth doing the pdi at the yard. Lots of things happen to your vehicle between the vehicle in yard to your vehicle reaching the showroom and believe me you don’t want to be in the loop on it.
8. Ask them not to stick any dealer stickers on your glass
9. Fix you delivery date and time, if you are particular on these, and keep reminding them on daily basis.

Between first visit and before pdi day:
1. Get your own insurance quotations and decide on your option.
2. Get the pdi list ready
3. Check with a friend who can come along.
4. If possible get accessory quotation from other dealers.
5. Double check on the tax and cess rates being applied.

Pdi day:
1. Do your pdi and if everything is ok then give them go ahead.
2. Confirm on insurance option to the dealer
3. Confirm on accessory and negotiate prices.
4. Remind them on delivery date and time again.
5. Tell them not to use your vehicle as display vehicle till delivery, specially if it’s awd, ax5,3 etc.
6. Don’t take family.

Between pdi day and delivery:
1. Release your payment for vehicle as per proforma invoice. Dealer can start their rto work.
2. Close the insurance either own or dealer provided.
3. Close fastag either own or dealer
4. Finalize accessory prices and give them go ahead for installation, don’t pay for it yet.
5. Ask them to initiate the kyc for with you hamesha and adrenox.
6. Ask for pictures of accessory post installation.

On delivery day:
1. Finish your paperwork and collect receipts for all payments.
2. Make the accessory payment after checking it once.
3. Take your vehicle delivery.
Sandegov is online now   (38) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 15:45   #6157
BHPian

The service center updated my XUV's software to the latest version(8.0.XXX) when the car went for 10000km service.
Am getting a lower fuel economy since the update.Is fuel economy related to software update?
Old 17th July 2022, 18:28   #6158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
I finally got a call from my dealership informing that my car is in transit.
Congrats. Just a curious question- Did the status in Mahindra portal change from “order under planning“?
If so what is the status now? My booking is also in “Order under planning” with Aug 7th to 14th as ETA, hence the curiosity.
Old 17th July 2022, 18:56   #6159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVR View Post
Thanks! Did the PDI today at their service station close to dealership outlet. What surprises me is the ODO on the vehicle which was showing 29Km which is the total distance between their stock yard and service station. Looks like they have reset the odo to 0 before vehicle left the yard.
Is it Anant cars BG road by any chance? If yes then most likely the car must have come by train, their yard in kengeri is right next to the track near kengeri station and the odo could be less than 1km in their yard. The main odo shows km rounded whereas trip a and b shows in points. The distance from yard to BG road showroom is about 25 Kim’s which matches 29km on your odo.

On the reset - yes definitely possible. For Thar I was informed that the system allows only one reset and can be done at delivery time if customer wishes to, not sure if resets are limited to one time in XUV too.
Old 17th July 2022, 19:53   #6160
RVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Is it Anant cars BG road by any chance?
Nope, mine is Sireesh Auto, Rajajinagar. Their yard is in Electronic city. Avg distance is about 29kms. So, I guess they have reset the odo before leaving the yard. I have taken the picture of odo during PDI, any further tampering/ reset with ODO will result in rejection of the vehicle along with escalation to M&M
RVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 21:22   #6161
Senior - BHPian

Question for XUV700 people please.
What kind of waiting time is being quoted if I was to book now? Is it still a year+ or has it gone down considerably?

Thank you : )
Old 17th July 2022, 23:46   #6162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
My suggestions:

First visit before pdi:
1. Get the proforma invoice - with just the vehicle ....

Between first visit and before pdi day:
1. Get your own insurance quotations and ....

Pdi day:
1. Do your pdi and if everything is ok then....

Between pdi day and delivery:
1. Release your payment for vehicle as per proforma...

On delivery day:
1. Finish your paperwork and collect receipts.....
Thanks a lot for the detailed response. This is exactly what I was looking for. I'm literally going to take a printout of the message and follow it to the T.
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 07:13   #6163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish11128 View Post
Congrats. Just a curious question- Did the status in Mahindra portal change from “order under planning“?
If so what is the status now? My booking is also in “Order under planning” with Aug 7th to 14th as ETA, hence the curiosity.
No it still shows order under planning on the portal. However the estimated delivery timeline seems to be in the accurate zone now.
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 09:34   #6164
BHPian

I am facing a problem with My XUV 7OO AX5 D AT. The problem is whenever I press the horn pad it results in a sparking/ hissing noise from the speakers. Kindly let me know if someone else has encountered the same issue.
Old 18th July 2022, 09:40   #6165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Question for XUV700 people please.
What kind of waiting time is being quoted if I was to book now? Is it still a year+ or has it gone down considerably?

Thank you : )
Depends on variant. Lower variants are available quicker while L variants still have ~75weeks. Also depends on the location of booking.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks