Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2022, 12:08   #6166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I would only be interested in the top L variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Depends on variant. Lower variants are available quicker while L variants still have ~75weeks. Also depends on the location of booking.
I am from Bombay like yourself. This would still be 75 odd weeks for us then?
Thank you.
Old 18th July 2022, 12:11   #6167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I would only be interested in the top L variant.

I am from Bombay like yourself. This would still be 75 odd weeks for us then?
Thank you.
The lead time is more for metros. It could go down in Tier2 and Tier3 towns. The algorithm is designed so as to distribute the deliveries across the country.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 12:43   #6168

XUV 700 PDI Impressions.

Hello Everyone
Sharing for the first time in the forum.

A couple of days ago we went to Mahindra showroom to test drive the new Scorpio N and the dealership informed that if we would like to take the delivery of our selected model which is right now in transit.
We gladly accepted .
Lucky that the vehicle has been allotted out of turn due to a cancellation.
We booked in December 2021 and scheduled for September 2023.

Yesterday we got the information that the car was in stock yard and we went to the dealership P P Automotive in Karnal for the PDI of XUV700 AX7 L AWD AT Midnight Black.

Since it was raining the car was brought to the dealership and we conducted a thorough PDI in the workshop area.
The car is manufactured in June and it landed at the dealership a couple of days ago.
Although it was a little dirty both inside and outside with some dirty fingerprints on the seats and other touch points and some mud on the carpets but that was a vehicle in transit. Ignored!
Scratch on passenger side 3rd row cup holder area. Buffing and polishing will set it right. Ignored!
Odometer reading was 10.5 km.
Panel Gaps ok.
Single key only and rear sequential indicators missing. Will Mahindra provide this?
All basic things functioned properly including lights, sunroof, wing mirrors both the screens, seat adjustments, 360 degree camera, sound system, lock to lock steering etc.
Engine sound was optimum idling was also smooth.
As the rain eased out the car was brought in the open space and we were just having a final look at the vehicle.
And "Boom" there is a surprise.
Suddenly we could notice white smoke coming from underneath the hood.
We quickly opened the hood and saw a fine streak of white smoke arising from just behind the engine.
Along with the smoke there was burning smell as well as if some electrical component was burning.
The smoke continued for about 3 minutes and then subsided.
The dealership people acknowledged smoke and they also made a video of the same.
They explained that this is happening with every second or third car.
Just behind the engine there is a section of wires and a small round part which is wrapped by some sort of silver tape over a flexible wire housing.
The smoke was actually coming from that small round metal part which even the Sales people didn't know.
The team informed me that whenever temperature rises for the first time, the varnish or glue melts and results into this kind of burning and smoke.
This will never happen again and it happens only once for every vehicle.
But frankly speaking I am in a state of shock.
Could Mahindra not do this the factory itself just to keep unpleasant surprises a little less for its customers.
The only good thing is that the delivery is scheduled for Friday the 22nd of July and I have told the dealership not to process the invoice or any other documents till the time I am absolutely satisfied.
Just wanted to understand if anybody else has also experienced the same thing.
Any information on this will be of great help.
Looking forward.

Best Regards
Shitij
Shitij Pasricha is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 13:08   #6169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Question for XUV700 people please.
What kind of waiting time is being quoted if I was to book now? Is it still a year+ or has it gone down considerably?

Thank you : )
I booked an AX7 L AT Petrol a couple of weeks ago for which the tentative delivery date is shown as May-Jun 2024. The SA tells me I'll get it in 10-12 months given Scoprio N release and cancellations.
rajivsubs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 15:47   #6170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_shish137 View Post
If I am right, this is the JVCV one right? Do you strongly recommend purchasing one please?
Yes, this is JVCV. I am using their leather fob for the Creta since a couple of months and have had no reason for complain. That prompted me to approach them for a leather fob for the 7OO.

Like I said, the key definitely looks more premium now compared to the plastic shell that was in place earlier.
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 17:11   #6171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shitij Pasricha View Post

XUV 700 PDI Impressions.

The team informed me that whenever temperature rises for the first time, the varnish or glue melts and results into this kind of burning and smoke.
This will never happen again and it happens only once for every vehicle.

Shitij

If its only the first time, then how come the odo has a 10.5 KM reading? Did they run the car downhill in neutral with the engine off?

That doesn't sound right to me.
Transmission is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 17:47   #6172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivsubs View Post
I booked an AX7 L AT Petrol a couple of weeks ago for which the tentative delivery date is shown as May-Jun 2024. The SA tells me I'll get it in 10-12 months given Scoprio N release and cancellations.
This would mean I can expect my delivery in 3 months or so (having booked in Jan)! My SA also mentioned wait will be minimum 2-3 months more.
Old 18th July 2022, 18:21   #6173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
The lead time is more for metros. It could go down in Tier2 and Tier3 towns. The algorithm is designed so as to distribute the deliveries across the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivsubs View Post
Thank you both for your quick replies.
I have/had shortlisted Jeep Compass, Octavia among some others for my purchase but after the rattle issues which I could ignore but now after the continous Compass reliability concerns I have decided to include the XUV700 as well, it's just the wait times that are an extreme turn off. Perhaps once I test drive the car in person I will gain patience : )
Old 18th July 2022, 18:58   #6174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
If its only the first time, then how come the odo has a 10.5 KM reading? Did they run the car downhill in neutral with the engine off?

That doesn't sound right to me.
They seem to be just trying 'manage' the current moment.
'Every 3rd car is facing this' so that the customer doesn't feel that he/she is not the only one to face this issue.

Last edited by Guna : 18th July 2022 at 19:00.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 19:01   #6175
BHPian

On delivery of my XUV700 AX7L dealer said that sequential indicator won't be provided at all. I said that all customers are given letter they they'll install in 6 months. But SA said no it's totally discontinued. Can someone pls confirm? Further they said that from 14th July Mahindra has highlighted that they'll not at all give sequential indicator. This is despite all marketing material and promises having this as a major feature. This is promise broken and cheating indeed

I've asked Mahindra on tweet. Please reply and raise a voice

https://twitter.com/bullbigbear/stat...q3T-py9Jg&s=19

Last edited by niteshsharmab : 18th July 2022 at 19:09.
niteshsharmab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 20:07   #6176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
On delivery of my XUV700 AX7L dealer said that sequential indicator won't be provided at all.

I've asked Mahindra on tweet. Please reply and raise a voice

https://twitter.com/bullbigbear/stat...q3T-py9Jg&s=19
I am still awaiting delivery. I have booked with NBS in Mumbai. A couple of weeks back at least my dealer told me that they will give a letter saying that the sequential turn indicators and spare key will be provided at a later date.

Which dealer have you got your XUV from? I suggest you ask the dealer to give this to you over email.

Also, unable to get to your tweet. It says "This tweet is unavailable because it's from a private account".
Old 18th July 2022, 21:18   #6177
BHPian

Same NBS Andheri. Use below url for tweet

https://twitter.com/bullbigbear/stat...TDEVY3Bfg&s=19

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
I am still awaiting delivery. I have booked with NBS in Mumbai. A couple of weeks back at least my dealer told me that they will give a letter saying that the sequential turn indicators and spare key will be provided at a later date.

Which dealer have you got your XUV from? I suggest you ask the dealer to give this to you over email.

Also, unable to get to your tweet. It says "This tweet is unavailable because it's from a private account".
Old 18th July 2022, 21:34   #6178
BHPian

I got my XUV 700 delivered on 3rd July. The shoddy, undated letter given to me mentions only the second key to be delivered at a future date, there is no reference to sequential indicators. The sales person had no real answer when I pointed it out to her at the time of delivery. I didn’t want to stall things over this and hence went ahead with the delivery.
Old 19th July 2022, 01:00   #6179
BHPian

To all happy owners out there. Could you kindly share your thoughts on this?

1. During TD of petrol AT, whenever I went over a broken road, there was a 'thud' noise from the suspension unit. The SA informed me it's normal and nothing to worry about. Is it the same with Diesel AT as well?

2. Average FE of petrol and diesel. City/Highway.
Old 19th July 2022, 08:15   #6180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
On delivery of my XUV700 AX7L dealer said that sequential indicator won't be provided at all. I said that all customers are given letter they they'll install in 6 months. But SA said no it's totally discontinued.
The Sales guys are dumb...speak to the Manager at NBS. I got this confirmation by email when I asked them to give it in writing
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220719081315_gmail.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 19th July 2022 at 10:25. Reason: Quote tag fixed
bimal8 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks