Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2023, 22:31   #7666
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
I finally took delivery of my car today. AX7L D AT Midnight Blue. I ll be writing my buying experience shortly. Meanwhile, I had some queries. I was told that Car Play update is yet to come. My car is without sequential turn indicators which my SA told me is no longer coming. Thirdly, do the door locks have request sensors? If yes, how to operate them.
Yes! They are only limited to the Luxury pack. Press on the Driver's side handle once to unlock and do the same to lock it. I guess it works only on the driver's side door
Old 15th January 2023, 23:13   #7667
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 Mileage Reports

Hello all! I would like to ask all XUV700 Petrol AT owners and MT owners, What is the average fuel efficiency you are getting in the city and on the highway ? Would greatly appreciate your answers. I own the Petrol AT and i generally average 8-9 km/l in the city and 10-12 km/l during highway runs.

Last edited by TurboLag200 : 15th January 2023 at 23:32. Reason: Added more context
TurboLag200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 01:32   #7668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
I finally took delivery of my car today. AX7L D AT Midnight Blue. I ll be writing my buying experience shortly. Meanwhile, I had some queries. I was told that Car Play update is yet to come. My car is without sequential turn indicators which my SA told me is no longer coming. Thirdly, do the door locks have request sensors? If yes, how to operate them.
Funny that you still getting delivery without sequential indicators. The Luxury pack includes those. Mail to Mahindra Customer Care directly with vehicle details like VIN No. etc.
lark63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 08:32   #7669
BHPian

I tweeted to Mahindra customer care, Mahindra rise and XUV7OO handles asking on XUV petrol's compatibility with E20 fuel. Dead silence. They are tight lipped on it.
What's the harm saying Yes / No?
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 08:42   #7670
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any answer, yes or no, won't you take them up at a later date if an issue arises? Hence the sealed lips. Do not expect any more.
Old 16th January 2023, 09:42   #7671
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Mileage Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag200 View Post
I own the Petrol AT and i generally average 8-9 km/l in the city and 10-12 km/l during highway runs.
I own a Petrol AT variant and the figures quoted seem just about right to me. My ‘blended’ fuel economy (highway (~30% distance) + city (~70% distance)) is around 9.5 kmpl of petrol. This is, of course, without AC, since the winter weather conditions here do not put any load on the AC compressor at the moment.
roadmuncher26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 10:46   #7672
BHPian

Around a week back, my AX7 P AT had its second service at 9723KM. Service experience was excellent at PPS ASC, Sullikunte. A proper detailed list of customer complaints where recorded; something that I had not earlier seen in other service centers. Service costed me Rs. 4050 excluding a fender bend repair I had asked for. This included the price for 6L engine oil, carbon filter, oil filter, windshield washer, A/C cleaning spray and a copper washer.

I had a minor bend in the fender near driver door where it got pushed out when the car's front wheel got into a ditch; costing me ~Rs. 850 on labour charges and Rs. 600 for the front wheel arch cladding which couldn't be put back. The repair was impeccable.

I had a lot of noise complaints too. Creaking noise from front seats were fixed by lubrication. I found the AC compressor sound on the higher side which the ASC felt is normal for XUV700. I had complaints of noise coming from the steering column while turning and loud noise from the electrical adjustment of the driver seat but both could not be reproduced at the ASC. There is clear rattle noise coming from the glove box door which is now waiting for a response on Technical Assistance Report from Mahindra.

Luckily there were no issues with wheel alignment or brake pad wear considering how bad are roads in Bangalore. Lower Arm was replaced too. The muffled double-thud noise on irregular surface and loud noise that makes you feel that the suspension bottom out while going over certain speed breakers are not observed after the replacement. I did not notice any wheel alignment issue after the replacement too. The service manager mentioned that they aligned the wheel and calibrated the steering after the replacement. Overall, happy to see the experience at Mahindra ASCs are great!
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 15:10   #7673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Thanks for clarifying. Another query - any specific reason, you didn't go for rear bumper guard? I do not want to but just wondering on pros and cons.
The rear bumper guards are not recommended both for technical reasons as well as legal restrictions. But obviously opinion of members differ on both the points.

There is a seperate thread on this particular topic and you should go through the same. The final decision is up to you.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 16:43   #7674

Hi,

any pointers towards a good dealership in Gurgaon for new booking? my experience with Concept, Sohna Road had been a tad underwhelming.

Regards
Old 16th January 2023, 17:53   #7675
BHPian

I have done around a 1000 km on my XUV 700 D MT AX7. First servicing has been done. Recently I experienced a strange boom sound from the speaker. Once after unlocking the car I was cleaning the interiors and once after switching off I was sitting for about a minute in the car.
Both times the car's ignition was off. It was a pretty loud boom sound.Has anyone experienced this. I had heard it in my XUV 500 (which I have sold after 1lac km) too before the silverbox gave up.Keeping fingers crossed for now.
Old 16th January 2023, 18:27   #7676
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all! I would like to ask all XUV700 Petrol AT owners and MT owners, What is the average fuel efficiency you are getting in the city and on the highway ?
Within Mumbai city I get a mileage between 7 and 8 kmpl. It almost doubles to around 14-15 kmpl on access controlled highways like Mumbai- Pune expressway, especially with adaptive cruise control. I own P AT.
eagles_ts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 18:54   #7677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The rear bumper guards are not recommended both for technical reasons as well as legal restrictions. But obviously opinion of members differ on both the points.
I agree with this sentiment completely. My Toyota Fortuner had both the front and the rear bull guards for close to 8 years. Last year, I was pulled over in Gurgaon and had to cough up a fine for having these fitments on my SUV. The cops showed me some official looking circular from the transport ministry, which prohibited the use of these fittings on passenger vehicles.

After that experience, I decided to play it safe and got both of them removed. With the benefit of hindsight, it now appears that these vanity fitments were a total waste of my money. While they did protect my SUV from reckless bumper kissers on quite a few occasions, I can now sense that the regulators are turning hostile to such fitments. So, in my view, one's money is better spent on some other accessories.
roadmuncher26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 23:20   #7678
BHPian

Oh! but do you ever use the "eco" mode for the AC ?

Wow! 15 kmpl is very good. The most i have gotten on the highway is 13.4 kmpl. Im sure i can stretch it to 15 kmpl if i have a feather foot throughout the journey.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th January 2023 at 05:08. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 17th January 2023, 00:41   #7679
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all! I would like to ask all XUV700 Petrol AT owners and MT owners, What is the average fuel efficiency you are getting in the city and on the highway ? Would greatly appreciate your answers. I own the Petrol AT and i generally average 8-9 km/l in the city and 10-12 km/l during highway runs.
Mine is AX5 MT.
With City 10.5-11kmpl
Highways 12-12.5kmpl (when driving under 2.5k rpm)
Old 17th January 2023, 11:34   #7680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Thanks for clarifying. Another query - any specific reason, you didn't go for rear bumper guard? I do not want to but just wondering on pros and cons.
Aesthetics - dint like the looks of the guard at all.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks