Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2023, 18:05   #7771

Customer Support Email

Hi all,

Is there any other email address to complain other than customercare@mahindra.com? I got my XUV 700 AX 7L in Aug 2022. It's been more than 5 months and I haven't got my 2nd key yet. The customercare email id is not even responding.. I sent an email on 18th and still no reply . Think that's a new low from M&M.. at least reply to the customer regardless.

Will be great if there's mid way to reach out other than Anand Mahindra himself.

Thanks in advance!
Old 28th January 2023, 11:39   #7772
Senior - BHPian

Re: Customer Support Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfi05 View Post
Hi all,

Is there any other email address to complain other than customercare@mahindra.com? I got my XUV 700 AX 7L in Aug 2022. It's been more than 5 months and I haven't got my 2nd key yet. The customercare email id is not even responding.. I sent an email on 18th and still no reply . Think that's a new low from M&M.. at least reply to the customer regardless.

Will be great if there's mid way to reach out other than Anand Mahindra himself.

Thanks in advance!
First check with your dealer/ Service Centre - maybe it is lying with them. The docket has the customer code, the VIN (last 8 digits) and the key code. having the key code with you may be the easiest way to identify your docket.

In case the problem is not resolved, reach out to M&M customer care on twitter and tag Asha Kharga.

I received the second key in Nov'22 for a July delivered car.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 18:33   #7773
BHPian

Re: Customer Support Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
There's this thread (Dealer asking for full payment for vehicle in transit)on the exact same situation just in case you haven't come across it.

Seems to be prevalent now as long as registration is not done before PDI.
Thanks for that link - quite useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
How do you know it's actually in transit and not sitting in the dealer's yard? Don't take whatever salesmen say at face value.
Yes - I don't know that - when I called again after a couple of days, I was told the car has reached. Nevertheless, I plan to head out to do a PDI - Also, as long as the car is a 2023 model, I am fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

I have booked XUV700 AX7L Pet AT (White) in Mid December 2022, at Sereesh Auto, Silk Board, Bangalore

However, now after more than a month also, online status says only "Booking Complete' nothing moved further. Even online status doesnt showing any tentative delivery timeline too. (See screenshot). Is it Normal?
Suggest you call the Mahindra CC at 1800 209 6006 and enquire what exactly has transpired with the booking. If need be, they will take the dealership on a conference call and resolve your query. Btw, the same happened with me. Even if they don't pick your call, they will call you back during normal working hours.
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 19:03   #7774
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
Yes, I took the delivery of AX7 diesel AT a month back and both ACC and Stop and Go features are available.
In AX7 variants, ACC is available. But no stop and go, right? It doesn't have EPB so it can't hold and release from standstill, ACC disengages automatically if speed falls below 30kmph
Stop and Go is exclusive to AX7L and AX7 AWD variants which are equipped with EPB.
Old 29th January 2023, 00:25   #7775
BHPian

Hello BhPians,
Got a quick breather to log-in to the forum today after a very long time. Have been neck-deep in work and going crazy with back-to-back travel.

Glad to inform that my XUV 700 AX7 AT Petrol is a few hundred kms away from touching the 15k km mark.

The 10k km servicing was a breeze with NBS Mahindra, Sewri Mumbai. Total amount was 3,897/- inclusive of taxes. Following actions done:
1) Oil Filter with O ring
2) CU Non-Asbestos Washer DIA 16
3) Maximile Ultra 6 Litres
4) Carbon Filter
5) D-Pillar & RR Bumper Screws Replacement
6) MBFM Flashing
7) Tail Gate Striker Dampner Replacement
8) ESCL Flashing
9) EMS ECU Flashing
10) EMS ECU Cover Addition
11) DATC ECU Flashing
12) Installation of T-Block Connector on GVV Pipe

Do note that Apple CarPlay & Android Auto was not installed, as the Service Advisor informed that this has been halted from Mahindra’s end. Update as of 3rd week of January also is the same. Multiple follow-ups have not helped. This is frankly ridiculous. For a vehicle purchased in December ‘21, it speaks volumes about Mahindra’s inaction and inability in releasing a stable version for both these important car apps. Highly disappointed.

Misfortune struck our car on 19th December ‘22, exactly 2 days away from completing an otherwise-glorious 1 year of ownership. Right outside my society gate, as I was exiting to head to office at around 10 am, an errant taxi driver blatantly driving in the wrong direction (my society is situated on a one-way road), and not caring two hoots about traffic and speaking on his mobile came bang in front of me; I swerved just in time or else I would have been hit head-on. The passenger-side ORVM was completely ripped apart and with more-than-enough damage to the side of the front bumper and passenger-side door. Before I could recover from the shock, the taxi had fled away. Hearing the noise, our watchmen and a few onlookers came rushing. Got down, inspected the car. It was heartbreaking really. You know, you do everything possible to keep your car in shape, care for her in every possible way and then BAM! some idiot manages to inflict wounds on your baby! Went to the police station, filed a complaint (nothing ever comes out of this, but nonetheless), called NBS Mahindra and scheduled an appointment for the next day, since I couldn’t avoid an important client meeting that day. Drove down to the NBS Sewri workshop the next day. The SA immediately inspected the damage and said claiming insurance is the best. Completed the necessary formalities and SA arranged for the HDFC Ergo inspection the same afternoon. Didn’t have to wait there for more than half an hour. SA called in the afternoon to inform that the inspection was a breeze and they will be sending a report the next day. Got a call the next day to inform that the following actions have been approved:
1) LH Fender
2) LH Front Waist Weatherstrip
3) LH Outer Mirror Assembly
4) Front Bumper Painting
5) LH Wheel Arch Cladding
The total claim amount came to around 26k, of which around 24k was fully covered by HDFC Ergo. Had to shell out only 2.6k from my pocket. Never once did HDFC Ergo give any hassle. Have been loyal to them for many years and will continue to be. Special mention to SA Mr. Sakharam Gadkari from NBS Mahindra for his swift and proactive approach in dealing with the whole issue. Haven’t met anyone more helpful than Sakharam. Car was delivered within 6 days, a little delay since some parts were not readily available.

Picture abhi baaki hai, mere dost!

All was well and I even completed a work trip to Goa.

Come 4th January ‘23, I sat in the car to leave for office in the morning and the car refused to start. Multiple tries with the Start/Stop button wouldn’t help. The problem was in pressing the brake to start the car. It just refused to be prrssed, and became rock solid. The infotainment booted up properly and so was everything else on point, which indicated that the battery was not giving trouble. Shut the car and got out. Tried remote start via Adrenox and even that failed. Gave it a break for about 10 mins and booked an Uber to head to office as I was getting really late. Ultimately decided on giving it another shot and voila! it started. Didn’t think much as I was under the impression that this was just another temporary niggle. Drove to office, just about 6 kms away without any hiccup. While leaving from office in the evening, the same thing all over again and even after multiple attempts of passing it away as just another niggle, had no option but to dial Mahindra RSA. Thankfully this occurred within my office premises, so I wasn’t stranded in the middle of the road somewhere. The RSA guys surprisingly reached within half an hour and tried to diagnose what’s wrong. Tried jump-starting but to no avail. Finally the car had to be mounted on the flatbed truck and taken to the NBS Mahindra Goregaon workshop. By this time, it was past 8.30 pm. The RSA guys confirmed that the vehicle was accepted at the service centre but action will be initiated only the next morning. Got a call from the SA the next morning to confirm vehicle details. By 3pm, the issue was diagnosed to be a faulty Relay. Was charged 151/- for a Micro Relay 35A, as this isn’t covered under Mahindra 3-year warranty. The SA bundled a complimentary exterior + interior wash. Went to the workshop in the evening and picked up the vehicle. Was assured that this was a one-off issue and shouldn’t recur like this. Nonetheless, keeping fingers crossed.

And so, I conclude. Heartwrenching to see my beauty in pain. Hoping the evil eye has now diminished. Appending a few photos from both incidents below.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-cd62bf7c32814085a716c0eec03f755f.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-34466fda622f49a589845b3dc5a225de.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-34d3d4cf79784be88a58061ea9806d22.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-a9a091861bfa441b88606c2ffd1267a2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-a44ec2fe29684ed28c11f7838e14097b.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-907428074e3749958e81927aacf2e76a.jpeg  

IamNikhil is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 12:04   #7776

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
In AX7 variants, ACC is available. But no stop and go, right? It doesn't have EPB so it can't hold and release from standstill, ACC disengages automatically if speed falls below 30kmph
Stop and Go is exclusive to AX7L and AX7 AWD variants which are equipped with EPB.
Yes, you are right, I was referring to engine stop/start system which is available in AX7 variants.
Old 29th January 2023, 13:24   #7777
BHPian

I had a generic question about the Neutral gear position in AT - when should you use this?
I have read that putting in "N" in traffic signal could save some fuel. But my car (AX7L) is equipped with Auto Start/Stop, so it stops the engine when I stop at a traffic signal hence don't get a chance (or need) to put it in "N". So with the "Auto Start/Stop" feature, is the Neutral gear position redundant? Also why is "N" between "D" and "R"? It would have been easier while parking if "D" and "R" were next to each other. Thoughts?
Old 29th January 2023, 13:57   #7778
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Mileage Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID7115 View Post
Hi
We have a XUV700 AX7 L Petrol AT. We get around 7-9 km/l in the city and around 14-15 km/l on the highways.
The maximum we've got is 18.8 km/l on the Mumbai- Pune Expressway.
Attaching some photos. The first one is on the Mumbai -Pune Expressway and the second one is on a Pune-Kolhapur run.

Cheers
Siddharth
My AX7L Petrol AT gives about 6.5 in city and 11.5 on highway drive; this is on Tank Full basis, the MID would show around 1-2 km higher. But the running of my car is very less, it has done only 3,000 km in the last 9 months.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 17:22   #7779
BHPian

Hi BHPians - Quick clarification

I understand from some forums that the rear and front bumper guards are illegal in India.
With my limited knowledge, I understand front may be due to air bag deployment. What about rear guards. Is it because the length of the car increases? Not sure.
Please let me know if someone has explored about this. I tried searching on net but no proper answer.
Old 29th January 2023, 17:23   #7780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Nope. It does have stop and go but only in the AT variants because it can't do the gearshifts in the manual. The AT variants have the resume button.

Last edited by yuvmudapa : 29th January 2023 at 17:25.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 19:35   #7781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Nope. It does have stop and go but only in the AT variants because it can't do the gearshifts in the manual. The AT variants have the resume button.
Sorry didn't get you. I have AX7 petrol AT and it can't do stop and go in the traffic like AX7L.
ACC works as expected on highways. But when speed drops below 30kmph due to the vehicle ahead coming to halt, ACC disengages automatically. You can't switch on ACC either when speed is below 30kmph.
StepUP! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 23:11   #7782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post

I understand from some forums that the rear and front bumper guards are illegal in India.
With my limited knowledge, I understand front may be due to air bag deployment. What about rear guards. Is it because the length of the car increases? Not sure.
My two guesses:
1) When rear-ended, the rear bumper guard could itself get rammed into the passenger compartment where it can physically harm occupants; if there were a rear crumple zone (most cars come with front and rear crumple zones) and if there were no rear bumper guard, the energies involved in a crash could very well get deflected away from the cabin.
2) The solid rear bumper guard could wreak additional havoc on the rear-ending car's front bumper and its crumple zones.
Old 30th January 2023, 10:21   #7783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please let me know if someone has explored about this. I tried searching on net but no proper answer.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post4323690 (Government to take strict action against bull bars & crash guards)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ash-guard.html (Why small cars shouldn’t be fitted with a bull bar/crash guard)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ood-bad-2.html (Bull bars, good or bad??)

Last edited by Sommos : 30th January 2023 at 10:24.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 10:26   #7784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
My two guesses:
1) When rear-ended, the rear bumper guard could itself get rammed into the passenger compartment where it can physically harm occupants; if there were a rear crumple zone (most cars come with front and rear crumple zones) and if there were no rear bumper guard, the energies involved in a crash could very well get deflected away from the cabin.
2) The solid rear bumper guard could wreak additional havoc on the rear-ending car's front bumper and its crumple zones.
That makes sense so in all putting these would be illegal and can be flagged down by traffic police. Is there any way we can keep the rear safe from an accidental hit by autos and two-wheelers as it is very common in the congested roads in Bangalore
Old 30th January 2023, 13:20   #7785
BHPian

Quote:
That makes sense so in all putting these would be illegal and can be flagged down by traffic police. Is there any way we can keep the rear safe from an accidental hit by autos and two-wheelers as it is very common in the congested roads in Bangalore
But do note that the dealership may push you for it saying it is completely legal as it is genuine part from Mahindra. My dealership showed me one car with the rear bumper which had taken a hit from behind; he said due to the rear bumper the car itself had no damage. But I did not fall for this saying I value the people inside the car more than the car itself

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks