Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2023, 14:12   #7786
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I have read that putting in "N" in traffic signal could save some fuel. But my car (AX7L) is equipped with Auto Start/Stop
Interesting! Is this a petrol or a diesel AX7L? We have a petrol AX7L and for the life of me, I couldn't find out an automatic start/stop to help save fuel during long signals/traffic jams. We took delivery in September 2022. is yours a more recent version?

Edit: I can see from your post history that yours is an AX7L P AT - just like ours. I wonder if the auto start/stop is a software update? I really hope it is!

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 30th January 2023 at 14:16.
Old 30th January 2023, 15:10   #7787
BHPian

Guys I am about to purchase XUV7OO AX5 D AT.
I want to know the must have accessories on AX5.

Usual stuff like mats, mud flaps seat covers etc. I will get them.

But what other things that I need to get?

Can Auto dimming mirror be fitted on the AX5 variant, i dont see it as a problem as ADAS is not there in the mirror housing, has anyone done it?
Also auto folding ORVMs is something that I would want, can that be done at MASS?
Old 30th January 2023, 15:32   #7788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Interesting! Is this a petrol or a diesel AX7L? We have a petrol AX7L and for the life of me, I couldn't find out an automatic start/stop to help save fuel during long signals/traffic jams. We took delivery in September 2022. is yours a more recent version?

Edit: I can see from your post history that yours is an AX7L P AT - just like ours. I wonder if the auto start/stop is a software update? I really hope it is!
Mine is D AT, Dec'22 model. If you see the start/stop button in the switch cluster (on the right, below the steering wheel), it could be just a SW update. Owners have indicated, the button itself is not present in older models.

The benefits of this in an AT vehicle are perhaps over-stated. In the manual, you have to shift to "N" to activate this. In my observation, for AT, this isn't a requirement. My car goes to "stop" while slowing down in bumper to bumper traffic. Mighty annoying.

As amahale wondered on the purpose of "N", can the implementation of stop/start be tuned to kick in after the driver moves the stick to "N"? This will remove the unpredictability of the operation.

--

On an unrelated note, after a recent Android Auto update to 8.6 (Jan'23) on my 1+8T, the connection has become unpredictable. It doesn't always connect. On the phone status in the car, there are 3 indicators, for AA, Media & Calls. It shows blue for Media & Calls, but AA is white (unconnected). But the other 2 don't work either. I am mostly certain, this is an issue with the phone & not the car SW. This requires a force restart of the App on the phone / restart of the phone (a few times). I am really concerned on switching off the car (unless it is my destination) when successfully connected .

Anyone has found a better workaround to this issue? Or rollback or roll forward to the next AA version (through sideloading)?
Old 30th January 2023, 17:24   #7789
BHPian

Quote:
But do note that the dealership may push you for it saying it is completely legal as it is genuine part from Mahindra. My dealership showed me one car with the rear bumper which had taken a hit from behind; he said due to the rear bumper the car itself had no damage. But I did not fall for this saying I value the people inside the car more than the car itself
Yes, you are right dealer is pushing the same. As of now, I said NO.
I am still wondering why Mahindra is selling these if bumper guards are illegal on the official website with all proper invoices.
Old 30th January 2023, 18:24   #7790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
That makes sense so in all putting these would be illegal and can be flagged down by traffic police. Is there any way we can keep the rear safe from an accidental hit by autos and two-wheelers as it is very common in the congested roads in Bangalore
Just drive in a predictable manner such that every motorist around you is able to brake or shift lanes as they'd planned to.

The only harmless and legal bumper guard I can think of otherwise is a type of flat spongy rubber that most cars in NYC have on their front and rear bumpers. In NYC, soft bumper collisions happen regularly in traffic as well as in the city's tight parking spots; the soft rubber pads prevent such minor scuff marks...
Old 30th January 2023, 20:53   #7791

Hi All,

I have a booking for XUV 700 D AT AWD AX7 booked on march 8th 2022. I recently received a call from by SA that there’s been a cancellation from another client and there’s a car available in the same trim as my booking with the only exception being that it is a Nov 22 manufactured car.
Is that something that can be a troublesome in the future, should I wait for a newer model? I’m not sure why the car which is nearly two months old at this point is still not given to anybody else. Is there a possibility it was sent back to the factory after a failed PDI for some defect?

As I can see there hasn’t been any change to the car between then and now and I’m not sure if there’s something I’m missing. Requesting your wise counsel in this regards.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 30th January 2023, 20:55   #7792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I received the second key in Nov'22 for a July delivered car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
That makes sense so in all putting these would be illegal and can be flagged down by traffic police. Is there any way we can keep the rear safe from an accidental hit by autos and two-wheelers as it is very common in the congested roads in Bangalore
Mahindra provides 3 types of rear guards - a stainless steel one, an aluminum one, and one with ABS plastic (the 6.5k one) - the last one is especially very light.

So, I got the PDI done today. The car checked out fine - all the door edges and hood edges looked authentic and original. Did not bother with the infotainment as I believe it still needs to be updated.
Now coming to stuff that matters - this is a Jan 23 manufactured vehicle with 2 keys but NO sequential turn indicators at the rear. (AX7 L AT P)
There was just one thing that bothered me a bit and that was the condition of the interiors. It was a bit dirty - the seat covers had a thin sort of oily layer. So imagine the condition of the exposed trim. Even the passenger side vanity mirror had a small grease mark near the mirror. - am at a loss to explain why this should be the case in a brand-new car (albeit just transported from the factory and kept in a dusty yard)

The SA told me that all cars come in similar condition and for some reason, I missed authenticating this by checking out another car (it was afternoon and hot)

Any comments on this?

The car came shod with Bridgestone Ecopia - not sure how these measure up against the Wanderers but it is what it is.

The car had 11km on the ODO.

Apart from the above, I could hear the screeching of brakes when the car was reversed and driven ahead (I was outside when the SA was getting the vehicle out of its parking position) - I took a small TD around the yard and by the end of it the sound had gone away) - I gather this has to do with it being a brand new AT vehicle with some rust on the pads.

Car looks majestic - only if Mahindra had it given it better quality plastic on the door pads, the game would have been upped to a whole new level.
Old 31st January 2023, 12:40   #7793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
1. Pretty stable for me so far. There is an expectation around Google's new Android Auto update. Haven't seen it yet in my car.
Android auto in my car comes with multiple tiles/windows for Spotify, Maps and notifications, etc. (see image below). Is this the new "coolwalk" update? The Android Auto version is 8.6.625054
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-aa.jpg  

amahale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 12:58   #7794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
The dealer does charge extra money for accessories, not only that they will try to sell the costlier ones and less popular ones too, like they asked me to go for illuminated scuff plates and aluminum rear guard. But you will be surprised how flexible they are, like they were charging 1500 for the mudflaps that cost 650 on m2all website and finally we agreed on 800 with installation and gst. While the m2all website does say that the accessories must be installed by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Jean-Luc View Post
#

The workshop also didn't pay attention to my request of installing SD card, stalling first and in the end completely refusing it. They also kept telling me that SD card installation and software updates should happen at the dealer. The dealer already has put the onus on workshops for these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhiraj View Post
well, i too got my AX7L 1st service done recently, and my software version is still on the latest 07.* version. I asked them why they haven't updated the software to 08.* and they told me that they are updating it for vehicles that are having issues. They said the 08.* addresses certain issues and unless the user does not experience it, they won't update it. So incase you don't have any issues they will keep it on 07.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
with respect to the SD card installation, the service center guys should do it as it involves opening the left portion near the dashboard. Don't think the dealer can do it unless the showroom has a service center . Please push it across with other service center in your area and they should be able to do it.

Gents - since you'll have used your machines for a bit, needed clarification about the SD card. My dealer told me that they use a 32GB Sandisk SD card (for the DVR). Would you know if the system can handle a higher capacity one and whether any other make would work? (I suppose this is a micro SD card)
Would appreciate your input here.
Old 31st January 2023, 13:02   #7795

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Gents - since you'll have used your machines for a bit, needed clarification about the SD card. My dealer told me that they use a 32GB Sandisk SD card (for the DVR). Would you know if the system can handle a higher capacity one and whether any other make would work? (I suppose this is a micro SD card)
Got it installed at another dealership. Honestly never paid attention to the recordings but will look into it today.
Picard Jean-Luc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 13:27   #7796
BHPian

Quote:
I got this installed during my 1K service yesterday. When I specifically asked the installation person, if a higher memory capacity card would work, he said no. I am guessing the technical limitation might be due to the address space the SVS controller can access. The recordings are anyway overwritten in a cyclical manner.

The charge was INR 700. The insertion of the card took 5 mins, but it involves removal of couple of plastic panels, in the co-passenger floor area and the one adjacent to the glovebox.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 13:30   #7797
BHPian

Quote:
Android auto in my car comes with multiple tiles/windows for Spotify, Maps and notifications, etc. (see image below). Is this the new "coolwalk" update? The Android Auto version is 8.6.625054
With the same version, the coolwalk layout seems to work only on some phones. With my Wife's Pixel 7 it works, with my 1+8T, it doesn't.

https://www.dealntech.com/android-au...-not-included/
Old 31st January 2023, 14:17   #7798
BHPian

Update- Got the Rear Sequential indicators installed during the weekend. All it took was a mail to the customer care and informing them about the service center apathy and Bam !, got a call from service center promising the part in 2 weeks. Got a call from them this Sat and it took 30 mins to fix the part. Now the car looks complete
Old 31st January 2023, 16:52   #7799

Can we install the rear sequential indicators as an accessory for AX7 variant as I believe it was removed from the feature list at a later stage after launch?
Old 31st January 2023, 17:06   #7800

Quote:
I am still looking for answers if a higher-capacity SD card would work. 32GB is too small to cover a good period of front & rear camera recordings. Not sure what quality XUV700 uses to store.

But then, I just bought a dashcam with 128GB high endurance SD card for the following reasons quoted by the service engineers
- max 32GB card capacity
- Cant transfer the videos from DVR to a USB stick.
- Cant transfer videos from DVR via wifi to your mobile
So in case of an emergency, you'll need to go to the service station to get the videos transferred for any disputes or claims.

Did not want to take chances, so just bought a Dashcam.
let me know if you're able to install a higher-capacity SD card.

Regards,
Dhiraj
Dhiraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks