Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2023, 12:21   #7861

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quick update: The new Android Auto "Coolwalk" design update landed on my XUV 700 today, something which I was awaiting for a long time. The design looks cool, but it seemed to have poor performance. Playing music when running navigation lead to music stuttering, hoping that this will improve automatically soon.

For folks who are not sure if they have the new update or not, look for the curved corners on the panels (see image) and instead of a big circular icon for reaching the app drawer, it is now in the form of 9 dots.

Btw, I am on the latest Android Auto software ver 8.8.630424 apk downloaded online, on my phone (Google Pixel 4a). Not sure if the new version makes any difference, probably not since we hear it is just a server side rollout. Car software does not make any difference in this rollout from what I understand.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-pxl_20230210_052955078.jpg  

Old 10th February 2023, 15:22   #7862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper_52 View Post
Hi, just wanted to know if anyone in Bangalore got ppf quoting done on their car , which vendor did you choose and what price was offered? Anything else that i should keep in mind
You can find some of the studios in Bangalore and reviews from the members here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/

While I myself got a Ceramic Coating done (from Detailing Bull, VR Mall), they do PPF as well. You can speak to Tushar (9560372606) who runs the studio.
Old 10th February 2023, 16:19   #7863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvirkazmi View Post
Quick update: The new Android Auto "Coolwalk" design update landed on my XUV 700 today, something which I was awaiting for a long time.
I think this is updated on the Auto app on the phone. I saw the UI when my wife's phone is connected but not mine. I did notice sound breaking couple of times. Also, unlike earlier, mute was not pausing Amazon Music. But I liked the UI. The music app could be left swiped to see playlist; it's the default view too. Messages shows up as another widget by reducing the height of the music app, which I can swipe to remove. There's a button to change layout too. What I have not noticed yet is how to open the apps drawyer!
Old 10th February 2023, 19:07   #7864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvirkazmi View Post
Quick update: The new Android Auto "Coolwalk" design update landed on my XUV 700 today, something which I was awaiting for a long time. The design looks cool, but it seemed to have poor performance.
As I am aware, the update is basicly on the Andriod Auto app/feature on the phone itself, nothing to do with the Andriod Auto on the Vehicle.
(Please correct me if I am wrong)

It could be due to phone's performance with the New update

I am using Android Auto from my Oneplus 9pro on MS Ignis with new Collwalk Interface, no issues at all. (Thought I am using Wired connection)
I liked the new Interface
Old 10th February 2023, 19:11   #7865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
Looks like I have to keep bothering the SA at least twice a month, so things move forward quickly (like few members suggested)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra XUV700 waiting period

Base MX trim commands 24-40 weeks of waiting, while AX7 and AX7L trims range between 47-48 weeks.
So I started bugging my SA, on the delivery timelines. From the PPT they receive from Mahindar, My cars delivery date is now 27th Feb 2024 (it was 16 -Nov 2023 in Delivery docket)
Online status still doesnt show any date

However my SA is telling me not to worry about this date.. He will get the car allocated by jun-aug 2023
Old 10th February 2023, 20:08   #7866
BHPian

Question to XUV700 users...
Like everybody, since I am also in long waiting queue for XUV700 ...I started looking for 7 seater alternatives. (Rejected Hycross long ago, simply not worth the price)

Yesterday I took TD for MG Hector Facelit 2023 Petrol CVT.
And I am in confusion now to decide If I go for MG Hector which can be delivered in 2 months and if I keep on waiting for XUV700.

Any suggestions/guidance is appreciated?

Here is my Comparison on key points (which matters to me), I made with best of my ability.

Liked in MG Hector
1. All the extra gizmos like Ventilated Seats, Powered Tailgate, Electric IRVM, Ambient Light, Front Parking Sensors.
2. 3 Lacs cheaper (top end 7 seaters)
3. Faster Delivery

4. Tan color interiors for 7 seater, easy to Maintain
5. No major Niggies seeing outgoing version of Hector (unlike XUV700)
6. ADAS (however didnt get much time to test it properly)

Dis-liked in MG Hector
1. Drive Quality is not that great like XUV700.
2. Seat Comfort
3. Suspension... Small Humps, Potholes can be easily felt inside cabin. Big Potholes shakes the soul of the driver.
4. Lack of Power in initial pickup or sudden acceleration required for overtaking.
6. Laggy Basic looking Interface on14 Inch Tablet/Laptop inside
7. Not so attracted Boxy look.
8. My somewhat discomfort towards Chinese Brand which is portraying itself as Dead British Sports Car Brand.
9. Slagish response from the SA and other staff. (I got TD after 7 requests to showroom. Felt like they jsut dont care, They promised a slot for TD, never responded or showed form 6 times, until 7th time when I wrote my discomfort in a message to them and told that I will write on twitter)

With XUV700, ofcourse it lacks the extra gizmos I mentioned above. However the Drive quality, Sheer Power, Seat Comfort, Cabin look and feel, Supension is no comparison in this segment, as per my opinion.
Whatever ADAS I tried (even in Bumper to Bumper Traffic with AEB ON), it worked flawlessly for me.
On Top of that, I like the excellent response be it from Showroom, Service Center, Customer Care.
And not to forget, the Killer looks of the Vehicle.

The only few things that are killing me are...
1. Year Long wait time.
2. Regular price increase (if I remember, the price has increased 4 times already, each time by around 50k) with no feature update.
3. All the Major Niggles, which Mahindra still not able to resolve in past 1 and 1/2 years.
4. Lack of some Important Gizmos (like I Mentioned) in this Price Point.

Not able to decide if I listen to my heart (for XUV700) or mind (Hector)
alamodein is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 20:44   #7867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
There's a button to change layout too. What I have not noticed yet is how to open the apps drawyer!
Depends on the current screen, The App drawer button appears in place Change Layout button (lower left/right corner on taskbar)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20230210-204238.jpg  

alamodein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 21:21   #7868
BHPian

Hi Mods, feel free to edit post 7866 and add following under section Dis-liked in MG Hector. as Point #10
I cannot edit it, so adding it as new post.
Thanks in advance

Quote:
Dis-liked in MG Hector
10. 3rd Row seat which is super congested. Since Middle row seat doesnt tumble fully unlike XUV700, ingress or outgress for a normal size adult is nearly impossible. 3rd Road seat in XUV700 has acceptable space.
Old 10th February 2023, 22:46   #7869
BHPian

Quote:
So I started bugging my SA, on the delivery timelines. From the PPT they receive from Mahindar, My cars delivery date is now 27th Feb 2024 (it was 16 -Nov 2023 in Delivery docket)
Online status still doesnt show any date

However my SA is telling me not to worry about this date.. He will get the car allocated by jun-aug 2023
I had booked in May '22 and the estimated delivery shown was April '24. Then it changed to July '23 and then it changed to July '24. I was annoyed but SA said to ignore these dates. To my surprise, I received delivery in early December '22.

Have to say it was well worth the wait. In my opinion, there is just no other car which matches XUV 700 in this price range.
Old 10th February 2023, 23:28   #7870

Quote:
Question to XUV700 users...
Like everybody, since I am also in long waiting queue for XUV700 ...I started looking for 7 seater alternatives. (Rejected Hycross long ago, simply not worth the price)

Yesterday I took TD for MG Hector Facelit 2023 Petrol CVT.

I think your posts already showcase a strong bend towards XUV700 and honestly, if you are spending around 30 big ones, its best you chose what you realllyyyy want

That being said, quite a few of the points in your cons for MG Hector are very relative or specific (e.g. boxy looks, seat comfort, dealer experience, etc.) and can be more suited for others. I also personally found the MG Hector's screen to be very well rounded and having stable compatibility with critical apps as compared to the XUV700 touchscreen.

For whatever it's worth, I was in the exact same situation as you and my XUV700 delivery date (which was anyways not clear in the first place) kept getting extended.. so I test drove the new gen Hector, liked it in many aspects and booked it with a promised delivery of the complete car by end of this month. I personally feel a bit relieved that I dont have to follow up relentlessly for months about my car, then get it delivered after several months, then again wait a few months for keys/ sequential indicators and, to top it all, pay about 2 lakhs more than what was the price of the car at the point of booking
UsualSuspect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 00:25   #7871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
I personally feel a bit relieved that I dont have to follow up relentlessly for months about my car, then get it delivered after several months, then again wait a few months for keys/ sequential indicators and, to top it all, pay about 2 lakhs more than what was the price of the car at the point of booking
I agree with you completely on these two points and thats what puts me in dilemma.
1. Waiting and following up relentlessly to get the incomplete car delivered with known niggles.

2. Paying few lacs extra after waiting for almost a year (be it in comparison with other cars/brands or constantly increasing price due to demand)

I know I am biased towards XUV700. And I am trying to push/soothe myself to look towards other brands. I keep questioning myself, if all this is worth of the troubles to get XUV700.
Thats the reason of putting this post is to get opinions.

Thanks again!
alamodein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 00:48   #7872

Quote:
I agree with you completely on these two points and thats what puts me in dilemma.
1. Waiting and following up relentlessly to get the incomplete car delivered with known niggles.

2. Paying few lacs extra after waiting for almost a year (be it in comparison with other cars/brands or constantly increasing price due to demand)

I know I am biased towards XUV700. And I am trying to push/soothe myself to look towards other brands. I keep questioning myself, if all this is worth of the troubles to get XUV700.
Thats the reason of putting this post is to get opinions.

Thanks again!
Nothing to stress buddy - XUV700 is a damn good product coming from an Indian brand so there could be many people in our shoes. I am sure you will take an informed call on whatever suits you best - just make sure you enjoy the ride to the fullest once you gets your hands on it
UsualSuspect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 01:19   #7873
BHPian

Quote:
I know I am biased towards XUV700. And I am trying to push/soothe myself to look towards other brands.
Nothing to stress at all buddy - XUV700 is a damn good car by an Indian brand and no wonder there would be many like us

I am sure you will take the best possible decision given the circumstances - all the best for your ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham_2206 View Post
I had booked in May '22 and the estimated delivery shown was April '24. Then it changed to July '23 and then it changed to July '24.
Two years Definitely, it will make anyone annoyed

But Happy to know that you got the car in around 8 months!

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th February 2023 at 05:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Trimmed quoted post.
Old 11th February 2023, 11:59   #7874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only few things that are killing me are...
1. Year Long wait time.
2. Regular price increase (if I remember, the price has increased 4 times already, each time by around 50k) with no feature update.
3. All the Major Niggles, which Mahindra still not able to resolve in past 1 and 1/2 years.
4. Lack of some Important Gizmos (like I Mentioned) in this Price Point.

Quote:

Since you have put this question, let me tell you YES it is worth the wait. You can discuss with any XUV700 owner and 99% will give you this same answer. The abundance of power at your disposal, the stability and the composure along with the almost silent cabin will bring a smile every time you take this beast out on the highway. As an automobile enthusiast, you won't be able to resist this temptation.

As for your comment on the niggles and half-cooked car, I have driven my car for 12.5K KM in seven months and from my experience I can assure you that mechanically this is avery robust car (not to be compared with BoF) . The front suspension issue has been sorted out with the new Lower Control Arm and there are no other niggles except for the football-in-the-boot issue. This is nothing more that an irritant.

I agree with you that the software is glitchy and unstable. The zigmos are there only to assist the driver and their value diminishes with time. Ultimately what matters is the skill of the driver and the capability of the machine.

So, take your sweet time, decide what you really want in the long run and do accordingly.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 12:00   #7875

Hello everyone, It's been two months since I took the delivery of my XUV700 AX7 diesel AT and thoroughly enjoying the ride with the beast. I've been following this thread from the very initial days and it has been very helpful through out the buying process right from booking to delivery.

I have driven 2600 KMS so far with couple of good highway trips and I'm very happy with my decision. Like other fellow owners, I tool have my own share of initial niggles though nothing major apart from the famous football in the boot noise which lot of owners have reported.

I am bit annoyed with the below 2 particular issues with the Adrenox infotainment system.

1. When I try to play songs from the USB drive, it goes into a loop and it either plays the same song or album repeatedly. This issue has started recently and tried both formatting the pen drive and using a new USB drive with no luck.
2. When my iPhone is connected via Bluetooth for calls (I do not have Apple Car play yet), the phone's ringer volume automatically gets increased to 100%. It's very intermittent and does not happen all the time. If I don't notice this and enters the office, then you know what happens when my phone rings at full volume

Has anyone come across these issues? Appreciate your inputs / suggestions on how to get rid of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks