Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2023, 12:29   #8011

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post

I understand the BS6 level 2 is about to kick in by April 2023. Let us ignore the BS4 talk from the abovementioned, (they're certainly not aware that she's a TBHPian-wifey ), but is the rest of it true? MM is not shipping cars for an entire month? What to do?
I will be receiving my XUV700 D AT AX7L this week. It is Feb Manufactured, but the booking says BS6.2
darkie_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 12:57   #8012

Has anybody faced these two issues?

1. Every now and then infotainment system throws the error "Syncing metadata" and you will be not be able to browse through the folders/songs. Solution is to unplug the USB or switch of vechile and restart. Its painful.

2. Android auto - Sometimes it throws "Searching for GPS". Facing this often. Not sure whether this is phone issue or android auto issue in the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-syncingmetadata.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-searchingforgps.jpg  

Old 6th March 2023, 13:09   #8013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
What's the asking price on that?
So this is from Mahindra First Choice, their sticker price was 24 Lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It looks like a vehicle registered to a business (hotel). Are you sure you want to buy a car which is not from an individual but a commercial entity? Not that I'm doubting anything but we never know how it was driven and maintained over its ownership? Then there is doubt about the gap between the manufacturing date vs actual registration date. Unless you know the owners, I am not sure buying a commercially owned car is a good idea.
Thanks. Yeah the problem solved itself for me, the people from First Choice called me and told me that someone has already booked the vehicle.
Old 6th March 2023, 15:07   #8014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethedriver View Post
Has anybody faced these two issues?

1. Every now and then infotainment system throws the error "Syncing metadata" and you will be not be able to browse through the folders/songs. Solution is to unplug the USB or switch of vechile and restart. Its painful.

Yeah. I was facing this issue for a while and with every passing day,this started happening more frequently. Now I am not using pendrives anymore and play songs only through Apple CarPlay.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 17:34   #8015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkie_ View Post
I will be receiving my XUV700 D AT AX7L this week. It is Feb Manufactured, but the booking says BS6.2
Mine is also "promised" for this month. BTW, is there any price hike ?
Old 6th March 2023, 18:16   #8016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Can someone in Bangalore please let me know a good shop to buy a dashcam and get it completely fitted?
Bringing this up to check if anyone has any leads within Bangalore?

Also, if there is a place which can install leather upholstery, can you share the contact information for that as well? TIA!
Old 6th March 2023, 20:03   #8017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Bringing this up to check if anyone has any leads within Bangalore?

Also, if there is a place which can install leather upholstery, can you share the contact information for that as well? TIA!

For upholstery - Imperial comes with a lot of positive reviews from team bhpians. Please check the Bangalore directory for more details.
Sandegov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 20:45   #8018

Quote:
I believe the last price hike was in January. The current Ex-Showroom for AX7L D AT given to me is Rs. 24,20,601
darkie_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 21:01   #8019
BHPian

Hi, is anyone noticing improved mileage on the petrol AT after their recent service as another fellow BHPian was reporting a few days ago?
Old 6th March 2023, 21:25   #8020

Hi, Has anyone faced issue with microphone volume being too low? I couldn't find any setting to control it and the other person can barely hear me when I speak through car's Bluetooth. Thanks.
Old 6th March 2023, 22:12   #8021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
I have an automatic and it has the Stop/Start button. During the car demo, the advisor had recommended that this be turned off by default and only switched on during the wait at long signals (say 60+ seconds).

For lesser wait times at signals or bumper to bumper traffic situations, the Auto Hold should serve the purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The old batch does not have the Micro-Hybrid feature. I have personally seen the Micro-hybrid thingie in latest ATs. Super-irritant if you have to switch it off every time you start the car. The manufacturers claim all good with it but to me its detrimental to Turbo - after a hard run on highway, as you get closer to Tollbooth and stuck in the queue, this thing will switch off the car. The part of the country where I experience the jams, it takes about 2-5 minutes to clear a toll booth or some “world-famous” traffic hotspots as soon as i enter the city back from the highway drives!
I noticed something about the Auto Start/Stop in my AX7L P AT.
When the car comes to a stand still the auto stop kicks in and switches off the engine. Releasing the brake pedal will start the engine again.
I found two other situations when the engine starts back up after a auto stop:
1. When the gear is moved from D to N - don't understand why the engine has to start (as per the manual, engine actually stops in N in the Manual variant)
2. When the steering wheel is turned in any direction (with the breaks still pressed) - I am ok with this and actually like this method of restarting the engine than releasing the break

I hope Mahindra can update the software (if possible) to stop the engine when the car comes to a complete stop and the gear is shifted to N. This way in a very long traffic signal, the break can be released (with auto hold ON) and the driver can relax a bit instead of keeping the break pressed continuously.
amahale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 22:38   #8022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I noticed something about the Auto Start/Stop in my AX7L P AT.
When the car comes to a stand still the auto stop kicks in and switches off the engine. Releasing the brake pedal will start the engine again.
I found two other situations when the engine starts back up after a auto stop:
1. When the gear is moved from D to N - don't understand why the engine has to start (as per the manual, engine actually stops in N in the Manual variant)
2. When the steering wheel is turned in any direction (with the breaks still pressed) - I am ok with this and actually like this method of restarting the engine than releasing the break

I hope Mahindra can update the software (if possible) to stop the engine when the car comes to a complete stop and the gear is shifted to N. This way in a very long traffic signal, the break can be released (with auto hold ON) and the driver can relax a bit instead of keeping the break pressed continuously.
I have another observation on the "stop" case. After an auto stop/start sequence, the next stop is unpredictable. As an example, 25-50 metres before a signal, in very slow moving traffic, I auto stop/start. When I eventually brake at the signal (for e.g. 1.5 mins), the car doesn't auto stop off. Surely, there is some logic (time lag?) built in, to avoid frequent auto stop in very slow moving traffic. Have you observed the same?

Your tips [1] & [2] are handy, will check. Agree to your suggestion on giving "N" some purpose in the decision making .

Stop/Start button ON:

Auto Stop - Vehicle halt -> Brake Pressed -> "N" mode (Release Brake after this)
Auto Start - Brake Pressed -> "D" mode (This is anyway an expected operation to shift the mode).

Stop/Start button OFF:

Engine keeps running between D->N->D shifts.

Makes sense?

Last edited by haribalram : 6th March 2023 at 22:49.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 23:08   #8023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
Hi, Has anyone faced issue with microphone volume being too low? I couldn't find any setting to control it and the other person can barely hear me when I speak through car's Bluetooth. Thanks.
Can you check under the Settings -> Audio -> Individual volume settings?

Surely, there is setting for BT audio. I don't remember if there is something explicit for the microphone.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 23:08   #8024

Quote:
Hi.. this is my first post here. My car is reaching the dealership tomorrow. However the delivery date is not yet finalized since there is some issue With BS6.2 and TN RTO approvals. The confirmation from the dealership is that there is no price revision as yet.
Old 7th March 2023, 00:03   #8025

XUV700's Ingress issue for tall folks

Hello!

I am posting for the first time on Team-BHP regarding a small but irritating issue that I have noticed on the Mahindra XUV7OO.

We had a Skoda Rapid as a daily driver but the car had covered 1.3L km in 10 years, so we started searching for a new SUV in the budget of 30-40 lakhs. We test drove a few cars namely:

1) Skoda Kushaq (1.5 Monte Carlo DSG)
2) Volkswagen Taigun (1.5 GT DSG)
3) Mahindra XUV7OO (AX7L Diesel Automatic)
4) Tata Harrier (Diesel Automatic)
5) Jeep Compass (Diesel and petrol Automatic)
6) BYD Atto 3 (Electric of course!)

After a detailed research of all the vehicles we zeroed in on the Compass and the XUV7OO, the latter is no doubt the most value for money car in the price bracket I mentioned. But, there was one issue with the car which hardly anyone has pointed out on the internet i.e. the problem of ingress for taller passengers in the front row of seats (For some context, me and my dad are 6 feet tall). Every time we tried to sit in the front row of seats our head banged against the A-Pillar, we tried every possible adjustment on the otherwise very comfortable seats, we moved the seat completely backward and set it to the least height but the problem was still persistent. We still had hopes as a side step would somewhat eradicate the problem but then came the waiting period of one year, this was just not ideal for us and we decided to move on. Later, we booked the Jeep Compass Model S 4x4 AT in the devilish Black colour, we were given the delivery of the vehicle within 2 weeks ! I will be posting another detailed thread regarding the car buying process and the options that we considered. Also, has anyone else experienced the same issue with the 7OO?

Thank you for reading,
Nipun
IloveVolvo07 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks