Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2023, 08:29   #8041
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK_2005 View Post
I would suggest you to take a look at Karlsson Indiranagar. They have done an immaculate job on our car. You get genuine Nappa leather if that's what you want.
It looks stunning. I guess, your ride is a 5 seater. May I ask how much it cost?
Old 8th March 2023, 09:12   #8042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Hector has option of roof carrier but XUV doesn't.
Roof carrier can be installed on XUV7OO. It was installed at some accessories shop in Gurgaon. The sunroof works well. Check here (Mahindra XUV700 Review).
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 09:14   #8043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
It looks stunning. I guess, your ride is a 5 seater. May I ask how much it cost?
It's a 7 seater. It costed 75000 which might feel expensive but trust me the finesse justifies the price. The price is lesser than stanley leathers. It is not a seat cover, the stock upholstery was removed and leather was stiched on the seat in the old pattern
SLK_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 12:05   #8044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Roof carrier can be installed on XUV7OO. It was installed at some accessories shop in Gurgaon. The sunroof works well. Check here (Mahindra XUV700 Review).
Thanks for sharing. Is there anything official that fits with sunroof variant. Also if someone can throw light on space with half 3rd seat folded.
Old 8th March 2023, 12:48   #8045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Thanks for sharing. Is there anything official that fits with sunroof variant. Also if someone can throw light on space with half 3rd seat folded.
With 3rd row folded the boot space I think is approx 450L, so half of it with one of the seats folded would be roughly 225L. But if you put luggage on one of the folded seats then you will have to secure the luggage somehow (may be using bungee cords) so as not to slide onto the passenger sitting in the other seat
amahale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 13:04   #8046

I just did the PDI of my XUV700 AX7L D AT manufactured in Feb. It comes with rear sequential indicators preinstalled.
darkie_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 13:49   #8047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkie_ View Post
I just did the PDI of my XUV700 AX7L D AT manufactured in Feb. It comes with rear sequential indicators preinstalled.
Wow. This is amazing and strange too. Mine is also Feb manufactured but it is missing the sequential indicators. Yours might be from the month end batch maybe

Also I noticed something weird during my PDI, none of the cars in the yard had VIN on the bottom right of the windshield. They all had an empty slot there.
Would you confirm if your 700 has the VIN there?
Old 8th March 2023, 14:08   #8048
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, there is "light at the end of the tunnel" (or the rear in our case ).
Old 8th March 2023, 14:12   #8049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you to take a look at Karlsson Indiranagar. They have done an immaculate job on our car. You get genuine Nappa leather if that's what you want.
What trim is your car? It seems to be a fairly higher trim variant to me. Wouldn't it have airbags in the seat-backs? Ideally you shouldn't be fully covering the seats with aftermarket covers. They'll hamper airbag deployment in the event of an unfortunate accident. (I understand that the previous upholstery was removed and replaced with this leather. But - what guarantees that these will perform the same way as the OEM fitment? Just curious if the vendor discussed anything about it and provided any data-points about safety performance.)

That aside - the fitment and finish really seems very good. Should be a good place to visit, especially for those without any airbags in seats.

Also - any reason why you left the arm-rest uncovered? Maybe its looking a bit mismatching between the seats now? Or it looks better this way, matching with the body panel trims that are white?

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th March 2023 at 14:18.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 14:24   #8050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
What trim is your car? It seems to be a fairly higher trim variant to me. Wouldn't it have airbags in the seat-backs? Ideally you shouldn't be fully covering the seats with aftermarket covers. They'll hamper airbag deployment in the event of an unfortunate accident.

Also - any reason why you left the arm-rest uncovered? Maybe its looking a bit mismatching between the seats now? Or it looks better this way, matching with the body panel trims that are white?
Hey! Our car is AX7L. The seats are REUPHOLSTERED not COVERED. The old leather was removed and new one was stiched specifically for our car. They have done previous jobs on luxury cars and a nissan GT-R too. They have examples of airbags deploying correctly.

I left the armrest because the installers said they don't remove parts with latches and install leather on them as they might lead to rattling issues and if one latch is damaged the whole unit has to be replaced it seems. So we left it since the body panel trims are white, they compliment each other very well
Old 8th March 2023, 17:23   #8051

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Can you check under the Settings -> Audio -> Individual volume settings?

Surely, there is setting for BT audio. I don't remember if there is something explicit for the microphone.
Thanks, I did check the volume settings as mentioned above and while it has an option to control BT volume which is primarily for music played through BT, it does not have any effect on the microphone's volume.
Old 8th March 2023, 18:08   #8052
BHPian

Quote:
They have done previous jobs on luxury cars and a nissan GT-R too. They have examples of airbags deploying correctly.
I do not want to be biased but this is not an easy job to get right. The seat airbags are covered in a pouch stitched to the seat. The pouch is stitched in a way that the stitching of the pouch and the stitching of the seat coincides. When the airbag blows up, this pouch gets stretched in a way that the combined stitch of the pouch and the seat tears open, making way for the airbag to deploy.

Now, when reupholstering, they have to redo this stitching, with similar type of threads that can break on the pressure from airbag expanding, at the right time and force; just getting deployed is not enough. Airbags work at milliseconds margin, which need to be met by the choice and reproducibility of threads, stitch and material. There need to be tests and technology that I believe is beyond the capability of an aftermarket work. These milliseconds is the gap that decides whether the contact is with the airbag or the hard panels.

Last edited by impala : 8th March 2023 at 18:10.
impala is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 11:40   #8053
Senior - BHPian

Re: XUV700's Ingress issue for tall folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveVolvo07 View Post
Oh! Does your 7OO have a sidestep? Or is it any specific way that we need to get into the car?
Yes my car has sidesteps from day one.
But I do not use the sidesteps to get into or out of the car - if that is what you mean.

Any specific way - I am not aware, but I wait for the driver seat to go back fully before I climb into the car and out of the car.
Old 9th March 2023, 12:37   #8054

Re: XUV700's Ingress issue for tall folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Yes my car has sidesteps from day one.
But I do not use the sidesteps to get into or out of the car - if that is what you mean.

Any specific way - I am not aware, but I wait for the driver seat to go back fully before I climb into the car and out of the car.
I get it now! Even though you don't use the sidestep, it aids taller people to get in easily. With the side step we tend to get into the car from further away than we usually do. This helps in getting in from a lower height, I have tried getting into 2 XUV7OOs, one with a sidestep and one without. The one with the sidestep was substantially better.

Last edited by IloveVolvo07 : 9th March 2023 at 12:54.
Old 9th March 2023, 17:13   #8055

Quote:
I can confirm the same. Just did PDI, It does have them pre-installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Wow. This is amazing and strange too. Mine is also Feb manufactured but it is missing the sequential indicators. Yours might be from the month end batch maybe

Also I noticed something weird during my PDI, none of the cars in the yard had VIN on the bottom right of the windshield. They all had an empty slot there.
Would you confirm if your 700 has the VIN there?
The slot exists and is empty just like you observed.
cvchetan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks