Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 20:33   #7291

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I had a niggle last week wherein when I stopped at the side of the road for buckling up my child at the rear seat.

When I got back to the drivers seat & put the lever in Drive mode- the electronic handbrake just refused to disengage.

I tried various combinations, put the gear in reverse mode but still no-luck, the handbrake will not disengage.

Tried moving the lever to Parking then again to drive mode- still the same problem.

Tried restarting the car several times and got the same result.

I gave up, switched off the engine and called up RSA.

Was explaining to the customer care of my predicament and while at it I just tried one last time to start the engine and put the gear in Drive mode- viola the handbrake gets disengaged.

I continued with my journey and there was no problem whatsoever.

Seems to be a software glitch and restarting the car after 5-7 minutes did the trick.

After that incident I have driven close to 100+kms and the problem did not reoccur.

Note: I was wearing my seat belt at all times in case you were wondering if that was the reason.

Model: XUV7OO AWD AT L
Msar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 15:19   #7292
BHPian

I’m facing two issues in my XUV700 MX diesel.

1. Back side seatbelt doesn’t fit in the socket
2. Back seat doesn’t fall down flat after I pull the lever and push gently.

I'm taking car to service Center on Saturday. Is anyone else facing these issues?
ramki.grandhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 19:43   #7293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
I’m facing two issues in my XUV700 MX diesel.

1. Back side seatbelt doesn’t fit in the socket
2. Back seat doesn’t fall down flat after I pull the lever and push gently.

I'm taking car to service Center on Saturday. Is anyone else facing these issues?
I have both the issues. This is what I have found.

1. You have to live with it. It gets more accommodating with time.
2. This happens only when both the seats in the middle row are perfectly aligned. The Root cause for this is the increased friction between the 2 seats due to the quality of cloth used. The only way you can resolve this is by adding any thing that will reduce friction. eg: Plastic/Cello tape. Personally I have done none of these and have learnt to live with it.
normaltusker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 10:17   #7294
BHPian

Hey guys, I am posting a question on behalf of my friend who owns a xuv AWD. We recently took the car on a dirt trail. Nothing extreme, realistically something like a Creta could do it too. The problems being faced now by the owner is-

1. Rattle from many parts of the interior
2. Suspension making a crashy sound over small bumps on the road (rumblers, cat’s eye reflectors)
3. Creaking when the chassis is stressed diagonally (inclines with an angle)

Is this normal behaviour? And if it is, what’s the solution for it?

Note- We also took a q7 and a Compass trail hawk on the same trail at the same time. No issues on those cars.

Last edited by revsperminute : 10th November 2022 at 10:17. Reason: Grammar
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 13:04   #7295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
I posted in this thread last week that we changed our booking from At to Manual (AX 5 P White) and were planning to take delivery next month but sadly that's not happening. Was informed yesterday that this variant/spec is not available and has a long waiting list. Even people with more influence have not gotten the delivery yet. It may take another 6-8 months !
After a lot of thought and a twist of fate finally taking delivery of our AX5 P AT by the end of this month.
Hope everything goes smoothly and the car is niggles free. Will update the thread with a small initial review.
Old 10th November 2022, 18:27   #7296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
C2 is related to BS-6 norms.
If you check your colour code you'll notice that it starts with C1.
===
That should be enough for the SA to back-off, but if they still insist then reply through mail stating that payment would be done after satisfactory PDI and keep customer care in the loop in all mail correspondence.
Hi, Just got a call from my dealer that my vehicle is allotted, how shall I proceed further, can someone tell me the process.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2022 at 18:37. Reason: Trimming the quoted post.
Old 10th November 2022, 21:38   #7297

Had a horrible experience today at Sireesh Auto, Marathahalli, Bangalore. Had given my Xuv 7OO for service. Was promised a polishing and interior cleaning job by the SA as I had earlier purchased the 2 year extended warranty from him. The car pick-up and drop was done by the service center for a nominal fee. Was in touch with the SA throughout the day regarding the various jobs to be carried out and also with respect to the polishing work. Was committed a delivery time of next day. However in the evening around 5:30 pm the SA calls up and mentions that the car is ready and all work and polishing etc has been carried out. The car is then delivered by 6:30 pm. Out of curiosity I look at the dashcam footage in the Xuv 7OO and to my horror could see that absolutely no polishing job was done. Forget the polishing the vehicle was randomly sprayed with a thin layer of foam and then rubbed with a dirty cloth throughout. This has left many fine scratch marks on the vehicle. Till date I had never given the vehicle to the apartment car cleaning guy or even for outside wash. I wash and clean the car on my own using a 12V Resqtech Car washer (https://resqtech.in/product/25-liter...sher-cd-25l-1/) or use the Proklear rinseless concentrate and spray it with the help of 2 liter garden sprayer. When I called up the SA and confronted him with the dashcam footage he mentioned that he is not aware if the polishing has been done. After a while he calls up and says that he will be sending a person tomorrow to collect the car and ensure that the polishing is done "in front of him".

Lesson learned - Never rely on the service center guys for washing/cleaning/polishing of the vehicle. As mush as possible get it done in-front of your own eyes. No one will care for your vehicle as much as you do. And personally for me, any of my cars going out for servicing henceforth, will have in bold written on the job card - "Absolutely NO washing/cleaning/polishing needed".

Last edited by Vik7OO : 10th November 2022 at 21:54.
Vik7OO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 22:25   #7298
BHPian

Hi,

Today a weird thing happened when I took my XUV700 AX5 P AT for my first service. I had asked them to update my infotainment software to enable apple CarPlay.

But when I got the car in the evening I saw that CarPlay wasn’t enabled. When I asked the service engineer, he tells me that as per their system my car is still not eligible for a software upgrade as mine is a newer car and that only older cars were eligible now.

Have never heard of anything like this before. Anyone else heard something like this?
Old 10th November 2022, 22:34   #7299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
Hi,

But when I got the car in the evening I saw that CarPlay wasn’t enabled.
What I have heard is that all software upgrades have been paused as there some issues being reported since the various Apple CarPlay updates.

It will be some time before they resume updating softwares.

Cheers!
Old 10th November 2022, 22:47   #7300
BHPian

Finally booked XUV700 AX7 L Diesel AT AWD - Midnight Black.
The delivery date is around April 2024. As we were planning for the next car in Q4 2023 or Q1 2024 anyway, this fits in perfectly with our plans.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-booked-xuv700.jpeg

We finally booked an XUV 700 after (my) long obsession with the Jeep Compass. Interestingly, I always loved Mahindra XUV700, but since I wanted a 5 seater, it was never in my list.
So why did we finalise XUV700? Well that's a story for the Ownership post ( If I don't go back to Jeep Compass )

We took a test drive of diesel AT and absolutely loved it. We finalised the diesel AT AWD version and booked it on 4th Nov. In the meantime, we wanted to check if it could be parked inside our house and test it on some rough roads. So we called for a test drive and because diesel AT was unavailable, they sent petrol AT.
This changed the game. We are just blown away by the refinement and power of the petrol engine. Although I had read about it in numerous reviews and Youtube videos, only after experiencing it did I understand the hype around it. Mahindra has refined the diesel engine very well but that petrol engine is just at another level. While taking the test drive in petrol AT, I pressed the accelerator to overtake a truck and in no time it zoomed from 40 km/h to 90 km/h and we realised it only after the 80 km/h warning sound.

Now, we are again confused between diesel AT AWD and petrol AT .
A little background -
  • We live in Gurgaon which is part of Delhi NCR. There is already a restriction of 10 years on diesel engines.
  • This month ( November 2022 ), the Delhi govt banned diesel BS4 vehicles with a challan of 20k ( if found violating the ban ). This could easily extend to the NCR in coming years. And could also extend to all diesel engines.
  • Our usage is 50% city and 50% highway with 12k - 15k kms every year.
  • We’ve been driving a petrol Honda City CVT for 6 years and are pretty happy with a petrol car. We also did mild soft-roading with Honda City some times without any regrets.
  • We take a trip every 2 - 3 months. Usually it is to hills ( Uttarakhand or Himachal Pradesh ) and sometimes to plains.

Now back to the Dilemma:
  • After carefully thinking about pros / cons and price difference for diesel AWD vs petrol AT, we’ve concluded that the deciding factor is AWD.
  • Now, as I mentioned above, we’ve been doing mild soft roading with Honda City and have never faced any issues. However, we are very careful on where to take it and where not based on the ground clearance.
  • With extra ground clearance of XUV700, we can be more liberal about soft roading. But, do we really need AWD? Maybe, we’ll use it 1 - 2 times in a 6 month time frame. Maybe not even once in a year.
  • On one hand, I think we should just go with petrol AT and get AWD next time if we actually miss it.
  • On the other hand, if we get stuck somewhere, I’ll regret not getting an AWD.

Last edited by rAijin_ : 10th November 2022 at 22:49.
rAijin_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 07:22   #7301

Dear BHP-ians, facing a dilemma over a readily available ax7 diesel manual vs waiting for a petrol ax7 automatic.

My run is around 18-20k a year, 50-50 city-highway in NCR.

Pros for diesel manual-
1. Better fuel efficiency, important given my 20k a year usage
2. The gearshift is lighter than my just-sold 1 year old Safari manual
3. Steering is very light

Cons for diesel manual-
1. NCR 10 year ban
2. Manual- while it is a more fun to drive unit over auto, not sure if it’d be a better decision to go for auto for long term

Pros for a petrol auto-
1. BEAST of an engine
2. Auto
3. Better resale in NCR after 4 years (I keep cars for max 4 years)

Cons
2. Fuel efficiency will burn a hole

Looking for suggestions. Car would be driven by me 80% of the time, wife uses a ford figo 1.2 (which I steal to drive at times )

Looking for suggestions.
Old 11th November 2022, 07:24   #7302
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know what would be the waiting period of AX5 AT Diesel, especially Pune?
Old 11th November 2022, 11:34   #7303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusjp View Post
Hi, Just got a call from my dealer that my vehicle is allotted, how shall I proceed further, can someone tell me the process.
a. Wait for the vehicle to arrive at the dealer stockyard. Inform your SA that you would do a PDI before you proceed for any payment.

b. Download the PDI checklist from the forum or XUV 700 specific checklist from the other SM sites and do a through PDI. Please take a friend along with you for the PDI to help you out.

Some dealers do not allow PDI at the stockyard. In such case you can request for the PDI at the dealership showroom and request the dealer to keep the vehicle at the showroom for a few days till delivery.

Check the odo reading - ideally it should be below 50 KM.

c. Obtain insurance quotes from outside and bargain with the dealer to match the quote. The dealer quote would initially be much higher. If the dealer agrees to match the outside quote, or comes near to it, then go for the dealer insurance for hassle free and cashless claims, if required. Otherwise take the insurance from outside.

d. Don't succumb to any compulsory accessories package from the dealer. Check the M2all site for price of all official accessories. Accessories worth taking from the dealer are - Side foot steps, mudflaps, Screen guard and Illuminated Scuff Plates. It is better to purchase other accessories from the outside.

Hope this should suffice. Wishing you a happy & hassle free delivery.

Quote:
Hi,

Today a weird thing happened when I took my XUV700 AX5 P AT for my first service. I had asked them to update my infotainment software to enable apple CarPlay.

But when I got the car in the evening I saw that CarPlay wasn’t enabled. When I asked the service engineer, he tells me that as per their system my car is still not eligible for a software upgrade as mine is a newer car and that only older cars were eligible now.

Have never heard of anything like this before. Anyone else heard something like this?
Yesterday I went to MASS for the second key assignment. The RO showed DATC ECU Flashing and Silver Box Flashing (Apple Carplay). It is true that all software upgrades and rectification issues do show-up in your Repair Order.

Apple Car Play is still not available for some basic variants of the 700 like the MX variant. I am not sure whether it is avalable for all other variants or some other variants are still excluded.

Check the software version on your vehicle and ensure that it is updated with the latest version (as per your variant).
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 12:14   #7304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Hope this should suffice. Wishing you a happy & hassle free delivery..
Thanks a lot for the help mate, how do you know what's the latest version for AX7 D AT , also my SA was not very keen on arranging a PDI and asked me for 2L for confirmation of the allotment , Shall I pay the amount?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th November 2022 at 16:07. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 11th November 2022, 13:06   #7305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We gave our September 28th delivered AX7 L P AT for its first service on the 2nd of November. The Apple CarPlay was performed and it is working as expected.

Maybe they are prioritizing it on higher variants for now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusjp View Post
Thanks a lot for the help mate, how do you know what's the latest version for AX7 D AT , also my SA was not very keen on arranging a PDI and asked me for 2L for confirmation of the allotment , Shall I pay the amount?

If 2L is confirmation of the allotment, what benefit is the PDI? Even if something is wrong, they will just say the allotment is done and it cannot be changed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks