Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 13:46   #7411
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I am cancelling my scorpio for XUV700 diesel At 5 seater variant. My friend had booked this but has postponed his plans so, now I am taking that car. It's a September batch so fairly new.Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20221128wa00102.jpg

I will buy the warranty afterwards and only some of the accessories that I like. Please check the quote.

Last edited by shikh_oberoi : 28th November 2022 at 13:58.
Old 28th November 2022, 14:59   #7412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
All newly manufactured 7OOs will come with the new parts, so the suspension noise issue should have been taken care of in all of them.
How to check if my June manufactured XUV is elligble or not. I had a chat with WYH app and they just mentioned some dust cover and ruber bush replacement nothing else
Old 28th November 2022, 16:16   #7413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony_drive View Post
Congratulations for your new ride!

I think, yes. According to that document, the cut-off of VIN is N6K18709 - which means all vehicles manufactured till October 2022 fall under this recall.
Mine is a July Manufactured car and I don't even have any suspension noise. Do I still contact the service center or leave it for the 10k service?
Old 28th November 2022, 16:43   #7414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.Nittor View Post
All,

I got my Delivery of Xuv700 AX7 AT Petrol finally after 8 months wait.

Frustrations:
1) braking my head on how to switch from android auto to car functions without taking my attention from my driving. voice button on steering brings up Alexa sometimes and Google sometimes. Not sure if there is a way to default it to Android/google when Android auto screen is up
2) Switching to radio has been a challenge, need to learn how to do it
3) Cant see the time when android auto in the main screen, unless you swipe left. Should have been on top
Haha, I've the same frustration in my AX7L Diesel AT. Apart from time, I can't see the AC temp either if we change it on the fly.
I press the fav button in the manual control which takes me to the home screen. Home button doesn't take to the adrenox home but rather AA home screen. Seems to be a bug that has to be fixed.

The other annoying part is, if we press and hold the unlock button, the front windows and sunroof opens which is fine. However, if we press and hold the lock the button, only the front windows and sunroof rolls up, doesn't care about whether the rear windows are open. Seems idiotic to me.
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 18:19   #7415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi
My friend had booked this but has postponed his plans so, now I am taking that car.
Is M&M allowing you to transfer booking? They were quite strict on this.

Insurance quote seems to be on the higher side. Do check PB, etc.

What are the extended warranty details. Isn't it around 40k for 4th and 5th year?
Old 28th November 2022, 19:03   #7416
BHPian

has anyone tried to automate the smart doors handle/powered door handle
i think in this video he has done that for a lower variant AX5 i think.
forward it to 7.20 mins you can see the demo
Also he is planning for 360 Camera as well

Let me know if this can be done and any idea about the cost.

Description of the video has contact details .
Mr.Bangalore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 19:47   #7417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Is M&M allowing you to transfer booking? They were quite strict on this.

Insurance quote seems to be on the higher side. Do check PB, etc.

What are the extended warranty details. Isn't it around 40k for 4th and 5th year?
Dealer is a friend of the guy who booked earlier so i just have to make a fresh booking and will get the car in 10 days.
Has anyone in delhi got a insurance quotation for my variant? Dealer's price list mentions 114,000 for the same. I told the sales guy to match the outside rate and he sent me this. How much do you think is he charging extra?
Extended warranty mentioned is for the 4th year only and 2nd year RSA.
Old 28th November 2022, 20:18   #7418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think, yes. According to that document, the cut-off of VIN is N6K18709 - which means all vehicles manufactured till October 2022 fall under this recall.
Thanks for the wishes and the clarification. Will speak with my SA tomorrow and take it further, have to go to the workshop for the latest software update anyway.
Went for a small drive today for the first full tank up and did not notice any suspension noise or the football in the boot sound fortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
has anyone tried to automate the smart doors handle/powered door handle
i think in this video he has done that for a lower variant AX5 i think.
These guys have done all sorts of upgrades for the lower variants of the XUV700, i really want the auto folding Orvms and smart door handles but worried about the company warranty. Our SA advised us against it.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 28th November 2022 at 20:21.
Old 28th November 2022, 21:33   #7419
BHPian

Quote:

Mine is N6Exxxxx but it says -
"The VIN you entered is not included in the service action"
on https://auto.mahindra.com/service-action
Old 28th November 2022, 22:49   #7420

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Mine is N6Exxxxx but it says -
"The VIN you entered is not included in the service action"
on https://auto.mahindra.com/service-action
I don't think this webpage works. It didn't show anything for my VIN either, but during the last service, they replaced the alternator belt & auto tensioner of my XUV700 AX7L. I later found out about this recall from T-BHP itself - https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahind...tor-belt-issue
Attached Images

anony_drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 00:32   #7421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Now that M&M officially have resolution to problem, can we expect that XUV7OOs manufactured post November 2022 will no more have gud-gud noise from front suspension?
I got my car delivered in October and it did not have the infamous suspension noise. My guess is this was taken care of for the Sept manufactured vehicles. November manufactured should not have this.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 10:27   #7422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
f) M&M has omitted the sequential turn indicator at the rear, due to chip shortage issue. What remains is a tiny little blinker on each side, the simplicity of which does not go well with the otherwise flamboyant rear end of the car. I am told that it has been discontinued and they won't even retrofit it for this batch of cars, even if it becomes available at a later point.
This is terrible! The website still shows it as a feature only for the AX7L model. I think you should push the dealer once again, I don't think a car manufacturer would do this, sequential in front and not in rear!
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 10:45   #7423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
This is terrible! The website still shows it as a feature only for the AX7L model. I think you should push the dealer once again, I don't think a car manufacturer would do this, sequential in front and not in rear!
I would push, for sure. Even if they make it available as an accessory at a later point for other variants, I think it would be useful, not only for aesthetic reasons, but also from a utility standpoint. The current set up is ineffective and barely serves the purpose!!

Last edited by RaghuChn : 29th November 2022 at 10:46. Reason: Spell chk
Old 29th November 2022, 10:55   #7424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
I would push, for sure. Even if they make it available as an accessory at a later point for other variants, I think it would be useful, not only for aesthetic reasons, but also from a utility standpoint. The current set up is ineffective and barely serves the purpose!!
May be they will say it is a safety feature, the sequential indicators were so mesmerising that it was distracting the traffic behind
Old 29th November 2022, 11:40   #7425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
I am cancelling my scorpio for XUV700 diesel At 5 seater variant. My friend had booked this but has postponed his plans so, now I am taking that car. It's a September batch so fairly new.Attachment 2384672

I will buy the warranty afterwards and only some of the accessories that I like. Please check the quote.
I believe insurance can be reduced especially if you have NCB from your previous vehicle.Please get another quotation from a different company. Fastag amount seems to be high if you are not getting any bonus in the account.
Accessories depends on your choice but seems to be high again.
Extended warranty is cheaper if taken initially.moreover Mahindra people are increasing price every time they get a chance.

Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks