Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2023, 18:00   #7561

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

New year greetings to all.

Today, I saw a pop-up “MANUFACTURE UPDATE” on my XUV700 infotainment screen. It has two options to either “Open” or “Close” the pop-up. I didn’t open it as I am afraid that some unstable update might bring bad news on new year’s eve.

May be someone at Mahindra just learnt that XUV700 can have OTA updates.

Anyone else got such message?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-86ecf3c577834a82bb66514f114f97d8.jpeg  

Torque&Power is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 20:38   #7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque&Power View Post

Today, I saw a pop-up “MANUFACTURE UPDATE” on my XUV700 infotainment screen. It has two options to either “Open” or “Close” the pop-up. I didn’t open it as I am afraid that some unstable update might bring bad news on new year’s eve.

Haha! I received a similar notification too. Out of curiosity, I hit the open button & it played a Happy New Year greetings video on the infotainment screen.
anony_drive is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 21:10   #7563
BHPian

Just saw a Post by Torque&Power about a pop-up message "ManufactureUpdate".

I too saw the message the moment I started the car today. Not fearing anything adverse, I clicked.

Surprised to see a Cool Advert being pushed by Mahindra, greeting for the New Year 2023.

This means, Mahindra can push software updates directly to the car without we needing to go to the MASS.

Posting couple of pictures below.

Please excuse me for the quality of the photos as they are taken with the mobile.

[ATTACH=VideoCapture_20230101-204458.jpg]2398574[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=VideoCapture_20230101-210042.jpg]2398573[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=VideoCapture_20230101-210047.jpg]2398572[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-videocapture_20230101210047.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-videocapture_20230101210042.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-videocapture_20230101204458.jpg  

bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 18:59   #7564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Just saw a Post by Torque&Power about a pop-up message "ManufactureUpdate".

Surprised to see a Cool Advert being pushed by Mahindra, greeting for the New Year 2023.
In my opinion, it is childish on part of Mahindra to send a video message to a car; distracting several thousands of drivers. In my case, while the message popped up when I started the car, nothing showed up. It actually showed the video only when the message popped up the third time I started car yesterday. In between the message popped up while I was driving on a highway too! So, rather than excited, the message turned out to be a reminder on how unpolished the AdrenoX experience is.

Talking about AdrenoX, the year end gave me opportunity for the first long drive since I updated the infotainment unit to 10.x; the update with Apple Carplay. I saw three issues - 1. Android Auto freezes and fails to reconnect. Clicking Android Auto shows the connecting message briefly and closes immediately. This is a new issue since the update. 2. A new single 'dup' sound is happening randomly but infrequently; even while driving. During around 18hrs of total drive, this happened 4 or 5 times. After this, the MID shows 'Drive Info'. Before the update I had seen similar, but multiple-'dup' sound issue only when locking/unlocking the car while ignition is off, very rarely, but was also followed by HHC error and blank screen. 3. Range not resetting after refueling. Earlier, irrespective of the setting, mileage and range used to reset after refueling. I noticed that mileage did not get reset and, at last for a while, range remained the one that was there before refueling. It was corrected when I checked after a while.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 19:59   #7565
BHPian

Guys, I have a question on the purchase.

I had booked XUV700 in the first slot of October 2021. The allotment came to me in June, but I wasn't in town and the sales guys pressurized me saying I have to pay within 7 days. I let it pass. Now they have reached out to me asking if I want to buy. My question is, would the introductory pricing still hold good since I was part of the launch price booking? Or would I have to pay the current price?
Old 2nd January 2023, 22:07   #7566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Guys, I have a question on the purchase.

I had booked XUV700 in the first slot of October 2021. The allotment came to me in June, but I wasn't in town and the sales guys pressurized me saying I have to pay within 7 days. I let it pass. Now they have reached out to me asking if I want to buy. My question is, would the introductory pricing still hold good since I was part of the launch price booking? Or would I have to pay the current price?
Is your old booking still active? Can you check for its status in auto.mahindra.com? If that is cancelled (or untraceable), you may not be eligible for the introductory pricing.
Old 2nd January 2023, 22:19   #7567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Is your old booking still active? Can you check for its status in auto.mahindra.com? If that is cancelled (or untraceable), you may not be eligible for the introductory pricing.
Yes it is still active. Although with no change in the status. The delivery date is now Apr/May 2024!!

So does this mean that they will still bill under the introductory pricing?
Old 2nd January 2023, 22:34   #7568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Yes it is still active. Although with no change in the status. The delivery date is now Apr/May 2024!!

So does this mean that they will still bill under the introductory pricing?
If you have an intro pricing letter/communication from Mahindra with the active booking reference, you could check with the dealer and/or mahindra.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 12:41   #7569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I too saw the message the moment I started the car today. Not fearing anything adverse, I clicked.

That's pretty cool that Mahindra sent a video message for New Year's. But I really hope car manufacturers don't start using remote videos for advertising while we're driving. That would be super distracting and potentially dangerous.
Caffeinated_Owl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 16:29   #7570
BHPian

After the long wait of an year, finally got the most awaited call! I got a lucky allocation due to a last minute cancellation and now set to take delivery later this week!

Amongst the accessories, wanted opinion about one in particular, sun-film with legal transparency of 70-30 as per the showroom. Has anyone got it done and is it beneficial?
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 16:32   #7571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony_drive View Post
Can someone throw light on the XUV700 suspension recall? I visited SC yesterday & according to them, my Jan 22 manufactured XUV700 AX7L does not fall under this recall. My car has that gud gud noise from the front suspension too.
Your service advisor will have the details in their system. They have to key in your Chassis number into their portal and all the updates/recalls Mahindra has pushed for your vehicle will be visible. Mine is an October manufacture vehicle but I do not have the suspension noise. The only updates required for my vehicle was CSC and Apple Carplay flashing. CSC has been replaced in my car and Apple carplay has been deferred further until a stable version is available.
Mjbharat4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 16:48   #7572
BHPian

Hi Everyone - I have recently completed a ~700Kms road trip and the vehicle performed really well. This is truly a Highway beast and it simply runs on the road in triple digits at ease.

The suspension is excellent and we never felt strained going on a long drive in the car.

The only issue I noticed is the brakes. When I press the brake pedal, during my intial foot travel, it hardly responds but as I press the brakes further, it becomes too sharp. Once a vehicle in front of me stopped abruptly and I had the break, although I had enough space to break, my vehicle had to stop with a sharp breaking because of which the vehicles behind me almost hit each other. This was quite scary.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Is this kind of a braking experience common in this vehicle?
Old 3rd January 2023, 17:38   #7573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque&Power View Post

I got one too! I was excited imagining this to be some sort of a over the air update or something like that. Opened it up to find a Happy New Year video from Mahindra. Haha.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 19:22   #7574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
...Amongst the accessories, wanted opinion about one in particular, sun-film with legal transparency of 70-30 as per the showroom. Has anyone got it done and is it beneficial?
Congratulations for the car

There is no such thing as legal sun-film in India. Sorry, but this is the harsh reality. All sun-films, be it of any transparency percentage are illegal to apply.

It's sad that showroom guys in order to ring their cash registers often hide this fact from the customers.
UltraViolence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 20:06   #7575
BHPian

I have rummaged through the owner's manual, but haven't found a way to check the installed Adrenox software version in the car (AX7L). Software update option only states, I have the latest version. Is this something only the service center can help with? Mine is a Dec'22 car and has no Apple Car play support. Next to Android Auto, there is only a "Coming Soon" tab.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks