Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2023, 12:21   #7591
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
This below pic is from Abirnale's ownership thread. It doesn't have the Auto Start-stop button.
The old batch does not have the Micro-Hybrid feature. I have personally seen the Micro-hybrid thingie in latest ATs. Super-irritant if you have to switch it off every time you start the car. The manufacturers claim all good with it but to me its detrimental to Turbo - after a hard run on highway, as you get closer to Tollbooth and stuck in the queue, this thing will switch off the car. The part of the country where I experience the jams, it takes about 2-5 minutes to clear a toll booth or some “world-famous” traffic hotspots as soon as i enter the city back from the highway drives!
abirnale is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 12:38   #7592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The old batch does not have the Micro-Hybrid feature. I have personally seen the Micro-hybrid thingie in latest ATs. Super-irritant if you have to switch it off every time you start the car. The manufacturers claim all good with it but to me its detrimental to Turbo - after a hard run on highway, as you get closer to Tollbooth and stuck in the queue, this thing will switch off the car. The part of the country where I experience the jams, it takes about 2-5 minutes to clear a toll booth or some “world-famous” traffic hotspots as soon as i enter the city back from the highway drives!
Thanks for the clarification
Looks like M&M has silently added this to the ATs. Whats bad is that the display vehicles at the showroom are still the old models without this button because just last week only I visited the dealership to check on my booking status and happened to take a test drive (coz why not. Also, wanted to refresh the driving experience as it has been more than a year since my booking). The SA also didn't bother mentioning about this feature addition.

Absolutely agree with you on its usage. Its surely going to be irritating having to switch it off manually daily.

Mahindra. Hello. Is there anybody out there?
Please add features which we actually need like Auto IRVM instead of Auto start-stop.
Old 6th January 2023, 12:44   #7593
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree on this being detrimental to turbos and I can't understand Mahindra's thought process here at all - they are introducing these features instead of very basic improvements that a majority of customers are vocally asking for like a simple light in the boot, a 12v port at the front, change drive modes from the physical button, auto IRVM etc . I am yet to come across a single review or a user post anywhere online where they even mentioned about this missing from AT model, totally unnecessary in my opinion.
Old 6th January 2023, 12:57   #7594
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely agree with you on its usage. Its surely going to be irritating having to switch it off manually daily.
Stop/Start feature automatically turns on every ignition cycle .
haribalram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 13:07   #7595
BHPian

Is AdrenoX Connect subscription worth renewing? What will I lose if I don’t renew? Mine is an AX5 MT
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 14:25   #7596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Stop/Start feature automatically turns on every ignition cycle .
They should provide a kill switch for each and every feature.

The stop/start is the most buggy feature in 700. It doesn't kick in, while waiting at traffic signals, but promptly kicks in when you are stuck in a bumper to bumper traffic.

Some times, the engine doesn't start. I am able recreate this, with a certain sequence of clutch press! This is on AX5/M/D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Is AdrenoX Connect subscription worth renewing? What will I lose if I don’t renew? Mine is an AX5 MT
There is no mention on what constitute "AdrenoX". Does the navigation comes under this? What about android auto/apple car play? Is it just the mobile app?

Can you just let it expire for a few days and check what works and what doesn't work?
Old 6th January 2023, 15:10   #7597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
They should provide a kill switch for each and every feature.
For that they have screen blanking issue, no worries

Quote:
The stop/start is the most buggy feature in 700. It doesn't kick in, while waiting at traffic signals, but promptly kicks in when you are stuck in a bumper to bumper traffic.

Some times, the engine doesn't start. I am able recreate this, with a certain sequence of clutch press! This is on AX5/M/D.
There is the catch - the Manual tranny Micro-Hybrid is not that bad! This is there since XUV5OO days.

- It kicks in only after 1.5-2 kms of driving the car (after attaining the basic engine temp.).
- If you keep it ON, it stays ON. If you switch it off, it stays that way in 2015 W10 that I owned.
- Once it’s active, you need to put the manual gear stick in N, and leave the clutch. The car will switch off in about 5 seconds. The AC will not run, only the blower will run.
- To re-engage after the car auto-stopped, first press brake and or clutch, the car will restart and then slot the gear into first and start moving. If you were pressing clutch as well as moving the gear stick at the same time, it won’t start the engine.

If you were not doing the above, the car is obviously failing on you.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 15:12   #7598

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish11128 View Post
Next plan - Ceramic (Graphene coating). Got a quote of 40K from Detailing Company at Maduravayol. They use artdeshine product. Will post an update once the detailing job is done
Here is a short review / my impression of the The Detailing Company (Chennai Maduravayol) and some details about my washing regiment (which I would like some feedback)

I was quoted Rs. 40000 for the Graphene coating. This included full body coating, coating on glass, alloys, interior cleaining.
I went ahead with the service for the primary reason that this was nearby from my place and I could visit the place during each stage of coating.

I also requested for gloss black PPF on the roof and transparent PPF on corners. But this could not be done, as the place does not do black PPF and for transparent PPF the technician was not available. A bummer.

The coating involved - Wash, polish / buff and graphene coating.
Post the coating I was able feel the smoothness of the paint surface.

There were no swirls on the painted surface (Some were there when I took delivery due to dealership's inefficient cleaning practice). The polish /buff took care of it I guess.
But I did notice some minor swirls on the piano black plastic surface on the outside. The detailing place said they were already there and polishing it further might cause harm to the plastic. Not sure if they were already there, but I didnt dive too deep into it.
Overall I was satisfied with the experience. The experience could have a few notches higher if I could have done the PPF on corners and the piano black plastic didnt have the swirls.

Now after two weeks the smoothness and hydrophobic properties are still intact.
But... yes there is a but. Now I am wondering if the ceramic coat was really necessary. Reason below -
I thought the maintenance/cleaning would be really easy after the ceramic coat. But that is not the case.
The detailing place told me not to wash the car more than once in 3 to 4 days and not to use dusters like the Jopasu duster.
According to them Jopasu duster will introduce swirl marks.
Chennai is very dusty and the roads near my place are super dusty. So as per dealership's recommendation I should leave the car dusty until I actually wash the car. That defeats the whole purpose of ceramic coat.

However I figured out a washing regiment thanks to multiple posts in team-bhp cleaning and detailing thread.

Daily dust removal
  • I purchased a cordless leaf blower (Becker and Decker) that removes most dust. I use this almost everyday
Weekly wash
  1. Next I purchased a portable 12V pressure washer (Fieldstar). Its not as powerful as the wired ones, but it does a good job of washing the car. It washes most of the dirt stuck on the mud guard, cleans up the car of dust and dirt pretty well. As a first step I wash the car using this.
  2. Then I use the leaf blower to blow of the water
  3. For the remaining water on the body, I use a 900 GSM microfibre. I dont wipe the body using this. Just fold it and keep it on the surface where there are water droplets and it completely absorbs the water
  4. I use atleast two 400GSM microfibre to wet clean the hard plastic parts and one to clean the alloys
  5. Finally the windows with two 400GSM microfibre towels
This may sound like an overkill and it likely is. But this really keeps the car free of swirls mostly.

Now as a final thought, I feel if you really want it to be easy maintenance then go for complete PPF if you can afford it.
Else just wax the car once in a while. Waxing and the above cleaning regiment will keep the car shiny and mostly swirl free.

Any feedback on my washing regiment is much appreciated.
harish11128 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 15:31   #7599

Quote:
Its really irritating to not be able to turn this function off permanently. It always turns back on after the car is re-started.
harish11128 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 15:37   #7600
BHPian

Quote:

- It kicks in only after 1.5-2 kms of driving the car (after attaining the basic engine temp.).
- If you keep it ON, it stays ON. If you switch it off, it stays that way in 2015 W10 that I owned.
- Once it’s active, you need to put the manual gear stick in N, and leave the clutch. The car will switch off in about 5 seconds. The AC will not run, only the blower will run.

I have a Manual XUV7OO and have been using the Micro Hybrid enabled almost all time. I have found the feature to be fairly predictable. Unlike your experience in my case the engine shuts off instantaneously after shifting to neutral. The only time the action becomes unpredictable is while I'm waiting in queue at Toll plaza. Sometimes the feature kicks in and sometimes it doesn't, perhaps the system also considers other parameters like the maximum speed attained after the last ignition, outside temperature etc. In bumper to bumper traffic mostly the engine doesn't switch off. But to be honest, I am yet to use this feature in evening peak traffic in Mumbai.
StarVector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 17:10   #7601
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations for the car

You mentioned you prefer to switch it off; Does your car have the button as shown below?
Thanks a lot. My car does have the Auto start stop button. I also noticed this during PDI.
Karaboudjan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 17:57   #7602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi01gupta View Post
[b][u]
The car AX7 L AWD has been with me for 8000kms/ 3 months

My ownership started with my fair bit of niggles with the drive modes not working in the first week and infotainment going blank within the 2nd week of ownership. Silver box was replaced, although the process took longer than necessary but the guys at MASS were very courteous.

The car is a commendable attempt by Mahindra and despite minor issues they have gone very far in terms of what they are actually providing.
The high speed stability and driving dynamics are on point.
But my advice and it is a genuine one.
The headache with this car about what issue might come up next is a bit annoying. I can handle it for the most part but the people who love absolute mental peace and hassle free ownership this car is not for them YET at this stage in the production cycle.

I would advise a person who has good Volkswagen dealership nearby and does not have an issue with petrol, can add 8 lakhs more if buying the top model of Xuv 700 to seriously consider The Volkswagen Tiguan AWD.

While i absolutely love the car if i had 10 more lakh rupees to spare and my running was less i
would have gone for the Tiguan. Currently owning the polo i can vouch for the Material quality and QC at VW.

If Mahindra can up their game in fit and finish there is absolutely no contender to this car.
Sad to hear about your unsatisfied ownership experience of the game-changer XUV700. While I understand the Tiguan is better in terms of everything except the price and mileage (since it is petrol), my questions here are as follows

1. Why did you choose the 700 instead of the Tiguan in the first place?
2. Reliability-wise, which is better IN INDIA - Tiguan vs 700, VW vs M&M?
3. What is your answer to me here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...here-what.html
Old 6th January 2023, 19:09   #7603
BHPian

Quote:
Not the case with 700. And this the cause of all the heart burn. I would just left it at off and moved one.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 07:57   #7604
BHPian

Quote:

There is no mention on what constitute "AdrenoX". Does the navigation comes under this? What about android auto/apple car play? Is it just the mobile app?

Can you just let it expire for a few days and check what works and what doesn't work?
I have the same doubts too. If it’s just the navigation and Alexa related features, I am going to give it a skip. I am not using them anyway. My subscription is expiring today. Will keep you posted.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 10:18   #7605
Senior - BHPian

Noticed a new behaviour in the car, post the Second Service on 05-01-2023.

In the morning when I opened the car only the driver door unlocked. The RHS rear door did not open. I was in a hurry to reach my office and without trying anything else I opened the rear door from inside and put my bag etc. on the middle seat.

By evening I understood that the car is behaving differently and this is not a glitch. When you press the unlock button only the driver side front door opens. All the other three doors remain unlocked and cannot be opened from outside. You press the unlock button a second time and all the other three doors open up.

If you press the unlock button twice in quick succession, then also only the driver side door is unlocked. All the other doors open only on a second press of the unlock button after the driver side door has unlocked.
  • This was definitely not how things worked for the last six months.
  • What caused this to happen - I'm not sure.
  • But some flashing was done for the driver side door (during the second service) - to rectify certain issues with the glass, that was reported by me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks