Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2023, 11:57   #7651
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
1. Pretty stable for me so far. There is an expectation around Google's new Android Auto update. Haven't seen it yet in my car.
2. Mixed reviews. Due to the issues with the build including CarPlay, Mahindra has pulled back the updates. I don't even have it in my car. Not a deal breaker for me, I am an Android person.
3. Wireless. Works fine with my android phones.
Can multiple devices be connected at the same time? I have both android and apple and would like to have them both paired at the same time.
Old 12th January 2023, 12:25   #7652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
Can multiple devices be connected at the same time? I have both android and apple and would like to have them both paired at the same time.
Pairing is no issue, but only 1 BT paired device can be active.
Old 12th January 2023, 13:25   #7653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
You can have both connected but not use Android Auto and CarPlay.

The way this works is that you can have 1 device connected for phone calls and another for music. Nothing beyond that.
Old 12th January 2023, 13:30   #7654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
One last question : Did the seat cover provider rip off the original fabric seat cover and replaced with leather cover or was the leather cover put on top of the existing fabric OEM cover?
They replaced the whole fabric, proper fitment with no shortcuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Question to owners on this forum:

1. How stable is Android Auto in XUV7OO?
3. Does either of them work without any major issues when connected with wire? Or is it just wireless?
Pretty stable, have not faced any connection problems till now.
The only irritant for me is that once you pair it there is no option to temporarily disconnect it, turning the mobile bluetooth off doesn't work it gets reconnected on its own. Have to unpair it manually or maybe i am doing something wrong.
faithless_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 13:50   #7655
BHPian

I have already scratched my front bumper twice. I am getting it spot painted now. I also want to get PPF done for bumper alone.
Please suggest a place in Bangalore where I can get it done with contact no.Thanks.
Old 13th January 2023, 13:45   #7656
BHPian

Just completed the second service of my XUV700 AX7L AWD. ODO is 10500 kms. I am not facing any mechanical issue whatsoever in my beast.Here are my observations:

1) Apart from Android Auto issues and rare screen blank issues, the vehicle is perfect. Drives like a charm.
2) Service cost was 5500. Including DEF top up ( it was at 65%), Engine oil change,Wheel Alignment,Wheel Articulation etc.
3) Rear sequential indicators are still pending, SA told it will arrive by this month end.
4) Apple car play still has issues, so SA dint install it
5) The version seems to be the latest one, so no changes there. He did a reset to solve the Android auto issues( it doesnt connect most of the times with my phone-Realme XT, wired or wirelessly).
6) Tyres,Suspension,brakes etc are working perfectly fine. The issue of moving from 2nd to 3rd gear with speeds around 35-40 seems to be gone, now the gear shift happens smooth.
7) I might be old school, but have noticed that the major factor in the overall ownership after prolonged usage is the mechanicals only. The electronics( gimmicky ones) don't matter after a point. I have rarely used Alexa,Android Auto etc, for me as long as the vehicle drives properly, i am happy.
8) Have done multiple 1000,2000 km trips and vehicle performed excellently throughout. Plans have started for the dream trip ( Ladakh) and i hope it will not disappoint.
rambharat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 13:56   #7657
BHPian

*****Rear Sequential Indicators installation for my AX7L D MT completed.
Happy to say that Mahindra has finally completed the delivery process of my XUV700 today. Vehicle minus the second key and rear sequential indicators was delivered in June'22.
In Nov'22 the second key was issued. Today the rear indicators are installed thus bringing the delivery process to its logical conclusion. :-)
The trick was to keep in touch with Mahindra customer care. I started my follow up after I received the second key in Nov 1st week. I mailed them in Dec 1st week asking them to inform me about a possible closure date. They promised me by mid December.
I waited till Jan 1st week and forwarded the CC mail to the CRM in the dealership and requested his intervention. He promptly took up the issue and finally culminated in the installation today.
lark63 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 16:34   #7658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
*****Rear Sequential Indicators installation for my AX7L D MT completed.
Happy to say that Mahindra has finally completed the delivery process of my XUV700 today. Vehicle minus the second key and rear sequential indicators was delivered in June'22.
In Nov'22 the second key was issued. Today the rear indicators are installed thus bringing the delivery process to its logical conclusion. :-)
The trick was to keep in touch with Mahindra customer care. I started my follow up after I received the second key in Nov 1st week. I mailed them in Dec 1st week asking them to inform me about a possible closure date. They promised me by mid December.
I waited till Jan 1st week and forwarded the CC mail to the CRM in the dealership and requested his intervention. He promptly took up the issue and finally culminated in the installation today.
Could you please share the dealership if you dont mind? I had called Anant Cars BG road last week and they said they are yet to get sequential indicators for any of their customers.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 17:30   #7659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Could you please share the dealership if you dont mind? I had called Anant Cars BG road last week and they said they are yet to get sequential indicators for any of their customers.
May be you should first contact Mahindra customer care by mail. They will reply to you and they will also inform the dealer. Directly talking to dealer may not help. Mine is also AC.
lark63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 21:25   #7660
BHPian

Quote:
Same here, seems they are yet to get these for any of their customers. As usual Anant cars lag behind everyone else in the world
Old 14th January 2023, 10:04   #7661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra CC replied to me yesterday that the Rear Sequential indicators are being sent to the different workshops/ service centres in limited quantity. So unless your dealer submits a requisition for the above parts, it is unlikely that they will receive any.

So you can meet the Service Incharge and tell him to submit requisition for the sequential indicators.

For me, the GM-Services promised (yesterday evening) to submit requisition for the Lower Control Arm kit and the Rear Sequential indicators; after I tweeted to Mr. Anand Mahindra.

Last edited by Sommos : 14th January 2023 at 10:08.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 14:25   #7662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had called Anant Cars BG road last week and they said they are yet to get sequential indicators for any of their customers.
Took a tweet on 16th December to get this ball rolling - received a prompt reply by Customer Care on Twitter and my CCM called on the very next day I had posted on Twitter and said the rear sequential-equipped indicators for Icarus had arrived at the Paramount dealership in the second week of December and to get it fitted whenever possible.

Working like a charm. I have been stopped by other owners since then, all asking me how I got them done. I guess Paramount has fitted them on very few 7OOs till now - a large section of owners are yet to get these still.

Quote:
I feel breaking (hard breaking at moderate to high speeds, lets say 60-70+ kmph) was far superior in swift compared to XUV700. Confidence level in breaking is far less in XUV700.
Quote:
I definitely feel XUV700's breaking is not linear/predictable with high stopping distances. Or may be I will adapt over time? .. In any case, Swift braking felt accurate and in control (Came in handy multiple times on 2 way roads with some crazy drivers coming in wrong lane from opp direction..)
I sincerely hope you are joking here. The Swift in all it's previous avatars (not sure how the current-gen fares in this aspect) had one of the worst brakes among all cars. So much so that the ZXI variant, which was introduced back in 2012, came with a separate brake assist module which, while improving the braking slightly, didn't inspire any more confidence while braking. We owned a Swift ZXI for 4 years - 2014 to 2018. I was never impressed by the brakes, neither was my Dad who regularly drove it. The humble Tiago which came later into our family had MUCH better brakes in it.

In comparison, the 7OO has one of the best brakes in the business, considering the 1.8 tonnes it towes at 100+ speeds. I myself have gone through at least 5-6 panic braking situations and the brakes have performed admirably, saving my skin at least twice. Speed-shedding with these brakes is a cinch, and the 7OO doesn't even lose it's line.

I am guessing that the brake bite is something you need to get better used to. Once you get the feel of it, you will find every other car in the 7OO's range wanting/come up seriously short in the braking department.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th January 2023 at 14:39. Reason: added reply.
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 18:13   #7663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

In comparison, the 7OO has one of the best brakes in the business, considering the 1.8 tonnes it towes at 100+ speeds. I myself have gone through at least 5-6 panic braking situations and the brakes have performed admirably, saving my skin at least twice. Speed-shedding with these brakes is a cinch, and the 7OO doesn't even lose it's line.

I am guessing that the brake bite is something you need to get better used to. Once you get the feel of it, you will find every other car in the 7OO's range wanting/come up seriously short in the braking department.[/left]
Most drivers wont know the speed this thing gets to unless they hear the 'ding', in AT it shifts ahead of when you expect it to because there is 400+ nm available.

What helps the braking is the suspension set up, so you get consistent road grip even during panic braking situation or when the road gets rougher, that independent rear end really helps to save your bacon

They know their audience well, they know that the average owner of the XUV is not going to baby it.
Kosfactor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 10:32   #7664
BHPian

Quote:
I paid 24-26k for the sidesteps - my only reason for buying it at the time of purchase was to help my mother to get in/out. I would definitely recommend it w.r.t quality and fitment.

There are few additional perks to it that I found after using - definite protection from side rubs/scrapes, blocks a lot of muck from getting onto the body in monsoons, helps in cleaning the roofs during car wash.

The only negative, for me in particular, is for my height whenever I get out of my car I am always in two minds as to get down directly or with a step on the sidestep
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Worth it if you have smaller kids or older people. Granted the difference is not substantial, but even those few inches makes a difference! I have a 3 year old son and an 83 years old grand father. It definitely helped both get in to the car independently. Also, its not 40k for sure (unless you are taking some other and not Mahindra branded), more like 25k.
Thanks for clarifying. Another query - any specific reason, you didn't go for rear bumper guard? I do not want to but just wondering on pros and cons.
Old 15th January 2023, 20:08   #7665
BHPian

I finally took delivery of my car today. AX7L D AT Midnight Blue. I ll be writing my buying experience shortly. Meanwhile, I had some queries. I was told that Car Play update is yet to come. My car is without sequential turn indicators which my SA told me is no longer coming. Thirdly, do the door locks have request sensors? If yes, how to operate them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks