Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2023, 07:33   #9151
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post

I also saw reports that touchscreen experience & software is better in Nexon than in XUV. As you have both, what's your experience? Which is superior?
Touchscreen experience in specific - 700 has been very good with no lag or resolution issues whatsoever. Same with my Nexon EV which has a smaller screen but never had any issues.

Software - fingers crossed 700 has been stable for me with very little to no issues so far. Theres an overload of non core features implemented and few peripheral features are poorly implemented and dont work as expected like the fuel fill indicator, key based profile etc. The recent Maapls update has made the native navi the worst out there in market, the previous mmi offline version was very good. But I have seen folks reporting a ton of issues here on tbhp and other groups and my case is more of an exception.

Nexon is minimalistic with less features and its been stable too, I just have one issue with my car clock losing time and the sc havent been able to fix it. Nexon definitely wins in this department, hands down.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 11:36   #9152

Hi All, I have just booked my Xuv700 and it's showing Delivery Date of 31 Jan 2024. Any idea, generally it gets delivered on time or gets delayed further. Also, as someone sad I also don't want to get delivery and then see Xuv700 facelift getting announced. Anyone has any clue on that. Suggestions welcome.
Old 14th October 2023, 13:03   #9153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Have fellow BhPians observed that Apple Carplay disconnects the moment you slot into reverse gear? This happened a couple of times with me and I cannot figure this.
Quote:
Recently updated the software of my XUV700 AX7 P AT. Few observations after two weeks.
  • 7. GPS takes a lifetime to load once you start driving. Enter your destination, press start and then forget about it. Drive for 10-15 mins and then finally the actual navigation will begin. This could be attributed to the unreliable Vodafone e-SIM. Network is displayed as full, still no luck.
    9. When you connect Apple Carplay, there are times when the volume pane freezes on screen. Volume level can be increased or decreased by the rotary knob or steering controls, however no change on the display.
    10. Sound quality of streaming through Apple Carplay has definitely improved.
    11. Alexa has gone on a long vacation. Tried the tactic of disconnecting the battery terminal, but to no avail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
2. Song playing on Apple CarPlay stopped suddenly and every time I clicked unmute, it played for a second and then the music stopped again.
I promptly updated my car's software (AX7 L D AT) to the latest version upon its public release. However, my experience with Apple CarPlay has been far from perfect. It works correctly only about 1 out of 10 times.
Most of the time, it simply refuses to connect. I find myself toggling the Wi-Fi on and off repeatedly, and on my phone, I need to attempt to connect to Wi-Fi over and over until, suddenly, it finally connects, and CarPlay functions as it should.
Even when it does connect, CarPlay frequently disconnects, sometimes even on highways. The Wi-Fi signal drops, then returns a few seconds later, but CarPlay remains stuck in the same malfunction, prompting me to go through the troubleshooting process repeatedly.
Furthermore, the MAPPLS GPS takes an agonizingly long time, typically 12 to 20 minutes, to lock onto satellites. During this time, I often switch to using Google Maps out of frustration.
My phone remains clamped to the windshield holder solely because of the disappointing performance of Apple CarPlay in my XUV700.
Alexa, functions only about 2 out of 10 times. Most of the time, it responds with "Sorry, something went wrong," even when my Vodafone signal shows full strength. My two years of ADRENOX subscription feels like a complete waste due to the poor network chosen by Mahindra,and I believe they should consider switching to a different provider.
If anyone has a solution for changing the SIM card in the XUV700 or embedding a new one, I'm ready to take that step. The frustration of relying on a phone holder because of the subpar software development by Mahindra is becoming unbearable.
My experience with Mahindra vehicles has taught me that your luck plays a significant role when you purchase one. The software stability seems to vary between different batches of cars, and it appears that Mahindra struggles to address software-related issues simultaneously across all vehicles in a single software update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
Hi All, Has anyone faced tak-tak sound on the rear side towards fuel tank after driving the car for at least few kms and immediately after turning off the engine and in parking mode. It lasts for 3 to 4 secs and stops and feels as if someone knocking the car from outside. Mine is AX7 D AT variant and have driven about 10K.
Indeed, you are correct, and I too have observed this intermittent "tak-tak-tak-tak" sound for a few seconds following the conclusion of a journey, specifically upon the engine's shutdown. Regrettably, I remain ignorant of the underlying cause, despite seeking clarification from a Mahindra mechanic. Their response, rather disconcertingly, was that this is considered normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Based on what Tata Motors mentioned during unveiling event, that Lateral assist features in ADAS will be enabled at a later date in all the vehicles. So with EPS they have Lane keep assist, but hasn't been activated yet, I suppose they are still testing the features. Its first time in India that they are rolling ADAS upgrades through software update, similar to what Tesla does.
I am happy that Tata has chosen to release software updates over the air, unlike Mahindra. This way, people do not have to pile up at service centers, and there is no need to waste time when you can update the software over the air. Even Maruti provides an option for you to download and update the software yourself at home using USB stick.

I haven't encountered any other problems with the car, and I've thoroughly enjoyed driving it. However, after spending 28 lakhs, one wouldn't expect to rely on a phone holder for daily driving, especially in cities where you're often new and rely on GPS navigation daily. The music system also performs much better with Alexa Music (if you're lucky and it works) compared to Apple CarPlay.

The present Mahindra software team has proven to be ineffective in resolving issues with the XUV 700, even after more than 2 years. Mahindra seriously needs a new software team to address these issues, especially since modern vehicles increasingly rely on software-controlled systems.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 14th October 2023 at 13:18. Reason: replies added to single post
rpmmachine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 19:54   #9154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo_84 View Post
Hi All, I have just booked my Xuv700 and it's showing Delivery Date of 31 Jan 2024. Any idea, generally it gets delivered on time or gets delayed further. Also, as someone sad I also don't want to get delivery and then see Xuv700 facelift getting announced. Anyone has any clue on that. Suggestions welcome.
Delivery timeline depends on the variant and colour that you want. White and Midnight black have highest demand. Higher variants (AX7L and AX7) are also in high demand. Few other things matter, like your connect with dealership senior folks. I waited for 9 months as against the waiting period shown on the site for 13 months. But I used multiple techniques like having multiple bookings across 3 dealerships in Bangalore. Calling and messaging them almost on daily basis from July onwards. One more thing in my case was that initially I had booked petrol variant in Jan23 but changed my mind and booked one more Diesel one some time in mid Jul. Having said that I think Mahindra has increased the production. Couple of months back they use to ship 6k per month but for last two months it is above 8k. Ask your SA about by when they can deliver. They would give better idea than Mahindra site. Regarding new variants, there are conflicting reports, all the dealership guys that I'm connected to say that they haven't heard anything about new variants being launched. Risk of facelift/ new variants being launched will always remain.
SamDiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 20:15   #9155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The biggest feature out of all these is the ventilated seats I suppose. I face sweaty back problems in both the cars I drive. What's your experience in XUV without this feature?
As many have suggested, I too think you wait for Mahindra to launch the "lounge" variant of the 700. it is rumored to feature 4 ventilated seats. The middle row will have only 2 seats, 2+2+3 seating. That's what I learnt from a MM dealership.

This was not a deal braker for me. I'd still prefer auto IRVM and a light in the boot over ventilated seats. Fact is, all the current three Mahindras (Thar, ScorpioN and 700) are really fun to drive cars. I haven't driven the others, so cannot comment on them.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 14th October 2023 at 20:38.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 11:33   #9156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider1802 View Post
The next day being a Sunday,I planned a early morning long drive that's when I realised that the vehicle is not going above 35-40 kmph. On Monday I went to the service centre & the next day they were able to diagnosed it as a DPF sensor malfunctioning.
Yah, similar problem with my car as well.

Replaced the sensor and its now running fine. But a big let down by Mahindra as far as quality check and control is concerned. Far too many niggles on a high end vehicle. Software issues- lesser the said the better. Apple carplay hasn’t stabilised even after numerous updates and silver box flashing. Had a completely hassle free experience of owning an XUV 500 before this for 5 years and that was the reason I upgraded to 700: questionable decision in hindsight it seems.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 15th October 2023 at 12:07. Reason: Kindly avoid typing..like..this..
roaringfours is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 23:41   #9157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
After initial euphoria of features subside, the basics matter the most. Depends on what you feel are the most basic set of features e.g. for me cruise control, climate control and automatic transmission are non negotiable.
Anything else is a bonus. Now whichever car provides better drive experience and more comfort for family should be the choice.

Specific points -
Also, regarding the missing features on XUV700, a facelift is incoming with some updates. One can wait till then, anyhow if you are booking fresh there’s a minimum 3-4 months waiting period on either of the cars.
Very valid & reasonable points. Thanks.
I booked XUV in mid-May & I'm about to get the delivery.

While I'm quite convinced about XUV to be the best SUV from drivability standpoint, the timing seems to be the problem. XUV facelift might be few months away, and booking of facelift Safari with new features are about to start too. I guess better to be happy with what you get right now than wait forever

Last edited by Sheel : 16th October 2023 at 08:30. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
blackdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 15:48   #9158
BHPian

Have sent the car again to the ASC today (within barely 3 weeks from last visit) to resolve the following issues:

1) Rear Parking Sensors not working.
2) Driver seat mechanism acting funny intermittently, screeching sound during seat movement as well.
3) Front LHS passenger window has become very slow to operate. Also gets stuck sometimes. The regulator motor seems to have failed. (This was already changed during September service visit.)
4) Driver side door making tak-tak noise.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 17:23   #9159

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
The present Mahindra software team has proven to be ineffective in resolving issues with the XUV 700, even after more than 2 years. Mahindra seriously needs a new software team to address these issues, especially since modern vehicles increasingly rely on software-controlled systems.
Facing most of the issues you have highlighted. In addition, even the Drive Mode button functions only 50% of the time. If you have to change from Zap default mode, you have to generally switch off the engine and start again and keep your fingers crossed if it will function or not. Similar issues with Apple Carplay as well. Mahindra has disappointed with Software and Sensor issues in this car. The long waiting periods even after two years of its launch and so many niggles still unresolved is something which good marketing and hype can achieve. Sometimes regret buying this car.

Quote:
Have sent the car again to the ASC today (within barely 3 weeks from last visit) to resolve the following issues:

1) Rear Parking Sensors not working.
2) Driver seat mechanism acting funny intermittently, screeching sound during seat movement as well.
3) Front LHS passenger window has become very slow to operate. Also gets stuck sometimes. The regulator motor seems to have failed. (This was already changed during September service visit.)
4) Driver side door making tak-tak noise.
Can correlate with you. As I started driving back just now and took a U-turn from a traffic light, suddenly the steering became hard and all warning lights came on! Called up the service centre, though I was unsure whether anyone would be available in the evening, but they connected me to the technical coordinator. Presumably, the problem is a loose connector which gets triggered when you take a sharp turn!

Come on guys is taking a sharp turn also a reason enough to get you stranded in the middle of the road! The technical coordinator told me to switch off the engine by pressing the start-stop button for 5-10 seconds and the car switched off. Restarted the car after that and the Yellow engine light warning was still on. Have been told to get the car to the service centre again tomorrow to fix the loose connector issue…. twice in 15 days to the service centre!

The more I drive this car the more I become doubtful about its reliability.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2023 at 23:06. Reason: Back to back posts merged
roaringfours is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 19:49   #9160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaringfours View Post
Can correlate with you. As i started driving back just now and took a U-turn from traffic light, suddenly the steering became hard and ALL WARNING LIGHTS CAME ON! Have been told to get the car to serve centre again tomorrow for fixing the loose connector issue….twice in 15 days to service centre!!
The more i drive this car the more i become doubtful about its reliability..
Quote:
Facing most of the issues you have highlighted. In addition, even the Drive Mode button functions only 50% of the time. If you have to change from Zap default mode, you have to generally switch off the engine and start again and keep your fingers crossed if it will function or not. Similar issues with Apple Carplay as well. Mahindra has disappointed with Software and Sensor issues in this car. The long waiting periods even after two years of its launch and so many niggles still unresolved. Sometimes regret buying this car.
Based on my personal experience and after reading all these negative reviews on TeamBHP, I'm perplexed by how people still gather the courage to purchase this car with the expectation that it will be free of issues.
It's a frustrating ordeal to have to tinker with your vehicle every day, disconnecting and reconnecting the battery terminal in the hope of fixing it. I've been attempting to fix my car since August 2023. Even the Area Manager, Mr. Amit, is still trying to figure out the issue because they are also uncertain about why this is happening.

This is a red flag for those contemplating a 29 lakh car purchase.
To all those reading these posts, please make your decisions wisely. Don't fall for the hype. All this excitement will dissipate once you encounter issues for 2-3 days, and you will soon start regretting your decision.

It might be wiser to opt for a smaller, more reliable car with fewer features than one that demands daily troubleshooting from you.
A 5-star car from Mahindra won't guarantee peace of mind.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 16th October 2023 at 19:52. Reason: added few more lines
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 21:53   #9161
BHPian

Quote:
Did a bit more digging...

Any thoughts on how to decide? Pls share.
I'm on the same boat. After a lot of digging, I booked XUV 700 Petrol AX7L on Nov 2022 and expecting delivery by March 2024. I was happy with my decision after comparing XUV 700 with Safari/Harrier twins and Jeep Compass. I am good with the waiting period since I was planning change car in 2024 anyways.

I was also expecting a facelifted XUV 700 by now or at least few features added ( with price increase ) like ventilated seats, auto-dimming IRVM, electric tail gate etc. If Mahindra had added these features, I would have updated my booking for the variant with all the features.
By the way, I do not think Mahindra will launch XUV 700 facelift in 2024 / 2025. Their priority is more with 5 door Thar and electric variants. The spied XUV 700s also did not have any exterior or interior spy shots with differences. I think they were just testing the E20 engine.

However, with the new facelifted Harrier / Safari, I again had to do all the research again .

I finalized to stay with my XUV 700 booking for below reasons:
  • Crash rating: XUV 700 is certified 5 star crash test rated. I don't doubt Harrier/Safari's build quality and heft, but Tata's reluctance with getting the twins crash tested and the issue with the Fiat sourced diesel engine has me taking side with XUV 700.
  • Better engine and ride handling: I am more of a enthusiast and drive accordingly. So XUV 700 with better drive handling and better engine is a better choice for me.
  • Petrol engine: With the hate diesel engine is getting from government, I am too skeptical going for a diesel car as my next car. Harrier / Safari only comes with diesel engine today.
  • Those handles: I really like those door handles. I know there are few issues with them. But with auto pop feature of "L" variant, I can manage it.
  • Niggles / issues: Tata and Mahindra both have their own share of issues. However, most issues have been ironed out with XUV 700. Tata Harrier / Safari are just launched with those new features and will have some niggles for coming few months. So, if I get XUV 700 now, I have better attempt at peace of mind.
  • Looks: This depends on individual preference. I personally like XUV 700 exterior and interior looks a lot more compared to Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo_84 View Post
When we booked XUV 700 AX7L Petrol AT on November 2022, the tentative delivery date shown was March-April 2024. With time, it reduced to November-December 2023. We did get options to select cars that were cancelled by other users. However, as mentioned above, our plan was to change car in 2024 and our budget did not allow us to do it in 2023, we declined them.
Our service executive was confident that we would get the our booked XUV 700 delivered by October end. However I got the below message 2 days back and the deliver is not pushed to December - January 2024.
I am good with getting the delivery in 2024. But my only concern is that I may get a December manufactured XUV 700
Quote:
Hello <Name>, Thank you for choosing the Mahindra XUV700. We value your patronage and are working hard to deliver your XUV700 to you as soon as we can. However, we regret to inform you that since the challenges on the supply of critical parts continue, the estimated delivery time of your XUV700 has further changed. While we will keep you up to date, you may also track your order here: https://bit.ly/3UubagY. TnC Apply. Team Mahindra.
rAijin_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 23:21   #9162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
[*]Petrol engine: With the hate diesel engine is getting from government, I am too skeptical going for a diesel car as my next car. Harrier / Safari only comes with diesel engine today.
[*]Niggles / issues: Tata and Mahindra both have their own share of issues. However, most issues have been ironed out with XUV 700. Tata Harrier / Safari are just launched with those new features and will have some niggles for coming few months. So, if I get XUV 700 now, I have better attempt at peace of mind.[*]Looks: This depends on individual preference. I personally like XUV 700 exterior and interior looks a lot more compared to Safari.
I have come to the same conclusion like you, to stick to XUV. Just one difference: I am all for diesel (having driven diesel sedan for so many years)
Govt cannot ban diesel itself, but may stop diesel cars for retail customers. In fact, if you check used car market, diesel cars are generally more in demand as auto manufacturers are gradually stopping diesel cars. Also, I'm damn sure, this will be my last diesel car, as in next few years, it will be all about electric & other alternate fuel cars.

Oh, by the way, Safari petrol variant is expected in 2024 (it's possible that Tata will get all variants tested for NCAP at that time) (read this)

The point on XUV being more stable now with so many fixes, is a very valid point that I hadn't thought of. Thanks

As for the looks, I feel both XUV & Safari are great, with may be XUV having a higher 'butch' quotient. A TD of new Safari might give a better perspective I suppose.
blackdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 01:02   #9163

All the best to ppl who are in line to buy the xuv 700.. i sincerely hope you get a piece free of these niggles( coz some people say that experience matters from a particular car to cat also). However my grudge against Mahindra is that inspite of two years down the line they haven’t been able to iron out even basic software issues for their flagship vehicle which still commands a considerable waiting period. Either it’s the arrogance of the long queues still vying to buy the car or simply an indifference to customer needs and reviews.Till i had an xuv 500 i was a fan of the beast but with experience of past 10 months with 700 the faith has been shaken..
Old 17th October 2023, 07:05   #9164
BHPian

Quote:
Either it’s the arrogance of the long queues still vying to buy the car or simply an indifference to customer needs and reviews..
I don't think it's arrogance or even for that matter ignorance. Software integration, specially with so many mechanical and electrical parts is a tricky job. One needs to think about and test so many different scenarios and edge/boundary cases. In my opinion team in Mahindra responsible for Software integration is either just not capable or they are having to release versions in such a time frame that they are making more mistakes. One more thing that Mahindra needs to do is to have tighter control over quality checks of sourced parts.
SamDiablo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 11:35   #9165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
This is a red flag for those contemplating a 29 lakh car purchase.
To all those reading these posts, please make your decisions wisely. Don't fall for the hype. All this excitement will dissipate once you encounter issues for 2-3 days, and you will soon start regretting your decision.
Quote:
However my grudge against Mahindra is that inspite of two years down the line they haven’t been able to iron out even basic software issues for their flagship vehicle which still commands a considerable waiting period. Either it’s the arrogance of the long queues still vying to buy the car or simply an indifference to customer needs and reviews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
I don't think it's arrogance or even for that matter ignorance. Software integration, specially with so many mechanical and electrical parts is a tricky job. One needs to think about and test so many different scenarios and edge/boundary cases. In my opinion team in Mahindra responsible for Software integration is either just not capable or they are having to release versions in such a time frame that they are making more mistakes. One more thing that Mahindra needs to do is to have tighter control over quality checks of sourced parts.
Quality Control at Mahindra is a serious concern. No car is perfect and niggles are reported almost in all cars, but I doubt if any other brand has been flagged for such consistent and wholly unresolvable issues. All cars these days are equally technologically complicated, not just the XUV 700. Mahindra really needs to work on improving after-sales customer experience, to sustain in the long-term.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks