Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2023, 19:53   #9226
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
I called up my SA today to enquire about this and he also advised that customers should be putting more pressure on Mahindra. He also mentioned that recently they have seen reduction in software related issues but keeping the pressure on Mahindra will help, especially through direct channels. Happily obliged and dropped a mail to Mahindra customer care
Please tweet to Mr. Mahindra himself and build up pressure to move away from Vi to a much better operator. Vodafone India is just pathetic.

It would help if this news is taken up by media channels too.

What's the use of connected features when the basic ingredient (Network) is unavailable/patchy throughout India? If the intended use of XUV7OO is for cities only, it's fine.

They wouldn't get any subscription renewals with this pathetic network. Also it is hilarious, they have brought Mappls into the picture which requires connectivity on the go.

Last edited by Vasuki : 29th October 2023 at 19:58.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 01:33   #9227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
Just spoke with my SA yesterday about the lack of usability of Alexa, he informed me that Mahindra is working on changing their esim network from VI to Airtel and ideally the update should be rolled out by the end of November. Hope that this update will allow us to use Alexa to its full potential.
That's good news indeed.

I just wonder though - why not allow users to extend their phone SIM to their XUV's eSIM, just the way we do in LTE enabled smart watches. I don't think users would mind connecting their phone to cars!

Not sure if there is any regulatory restriction on this, as this technically enables the infotainment cluster to become a "phone" & this may demand additional security.

Last edited by blackdiesel : 30th October 2023 at 01:41. Reason: Wrong term
blackdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 07:08   #9228
BHPian

Quote:
Just spoke with my SA yesterday about the lack of usability of Alexa, he informed me that Mahindra is working on changing their esim network from VI to Airtel and ideally the update should be rolled out by the end of November. Hope that this update will allow us to use Alexa to its full potential.
A little birdie says this is completely false, nothing like this is in the works. So
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 08:38   #9229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
A little birdie says this is completely false, nothing like this is in the works. So
Well my SA seemed quite confident about what he was saying and even said that as a compensation alexa equipped vehicles would get 6 free months of adrenox subscription. Whatever the case may be, we all should put pressure on our SA’s & mail Mahindra’s customer support to do the needful. Multiple reports should push Mahindra to provide an official statement on the matter. Will call him again by the end of this week and ask for an update.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 10:55   #9230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
That is my biggest worry with diesel. My running will be less and due to bulky size of XUV, it can’t be my week day office driver. However my drives will be on weekends but 100-400kms on highways so wouldn’t it be the ideal scenario for DPF burnout ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
From what I have gathered, its not the distance travelled that dictates whether you will face DPF related issues or not. Rather its how you do those miles. For instance, I am made to understand that even if a diesel engine were to sit idle for majority of days in a month but then does about 400 kms or so involving decent highway running at high enough speeds (50kmph plus), DPF shouldn't be a problem.
Akannath has put it in absolutely right way.
To burn soot in DPF, you are required to drive your diesel vehicle for at least 30 - 40 mins at speed more than 60 kmph.
So, if you drive your diesel vehicle in city and traffic conditions daily (not achieving above requirement), no matter how much kilometers you drive, you will still face the DPF problem
But, if you drive your diesel vehicle just once in a month for 100 - 150 kms. But you drive on highway and can maintain speed above 60 kmph for more than 30 - 40 mins, the soot should burn easily and you should not be facing the DPF problem due to driving behaviour.

Having said that, I always discourage everyone from going diesel way due to the strict actions (and future possible actions) taken by the government and additional taxes imposed.
Unless, your running is more than 3k kilometers monthly and mainly involves highway running, it is better to stay away from diesel.
rAijin_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 23:07   #9231

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
I used the Starmate Magnetic Sunshades. I find them preety good. Also they dont need any brackets for installing. The magnets stick to the metal part of the door
i also purchased Statmate sunshades after reading positive reviews on this forum and I find it to be an excellent product both in terms of fit and finish as well as qualitu of net and magnets. I had earlier looked for many suppliers for my Honda city but this one is far superior.
Old 30th October 2023, 23:25   #9232

Hello fellow BHPians, thank you for letting me join the forum. Recently booked AX7L D AT AWD. Did the TD for petrol but after going through reviews here and on videos and considering that AWD is only available in diesel unfortunately I am not left with any other choice but this one model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Akannath has put it in absolutely right way.
To burn soot in DPF, you are required to drive your diesel vehicle for at least 30 - 40 mins at speed more than 60 kmph.
So, if you drive your diesel vehicle in city and traffic conditions daily (not achieving above requirement), no matter how much kilometers you drive, you will still face the DPF problem
But, if you drive your diesel vehicle just once in a month for 100 - 150 kms. But you drive on highway and can maintain speed above 60 kmph for more than 30 - 40 mins, the soot should burn easily and you should not be facing the DPF problem due to driving behaviour.

Having said that, I always discourage everyone from going diesel way due to the strict actions (and future possible actions) taken by the government and additional taxes imposed.
Unless, your running is more than 3k kilometers monthly and mainly involves highway running, it is better to stay away from diesel.
@rAijin and others - thank you for being so informative. My run would surely be less the 3K KMs a month but would for sure have 150+ KMs Highway drive every month. Hoping that would help avoiding the DPF issue. Though it is difficult to say you can have a worry free ownership about XUV. I am preparing myself mentally for this .

Being an Ecosport owner One thought that hit me is how considerable Ford was to give two 12v socket (one in front and one at back) in a compact SUV which was hardly 10-11 lacs and Mahindra is missing out this in 25+ lac car. Just wish could have the option to add AT+AWD n ADAS in Ecosport and would keep it for another 7-8 years
Old 31st October 2023, 15:19   #9233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
I have the same issue and I think it is coming from the screen. Try pressing the screen on the corners and see if you can reproduce that crackling sound. Planning to get it checked during next service.
Hi,
Did you manage to fix the noise coming from the dashboard (or behind the display)? Any feedback will be helpful. My XUV700 was with the Mahindra team for 1.5 months for resolving the issue. They said the noise is due to a missing spot welding and it is now cleared. I got the vehicle back few days back and on my way back the sound came back!!!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 3rd November 2023 at 15:29. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts
b4manu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 17:07   #9234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriday View Post
@rAijin and others - thank you for being so informative. My run would surely be less the 3K KMs a month but would for sure have 150+ KMs Highway drive every month. Hoping that would help avoiding the DPF issue. Though it is difficult to say you can have a worry free ownership about XUV. I am preparing myself mentally for this .
If you are getting a diesel vehicle registered in Delhi NCR, I would absolutely discourage you for below reasons:
1. The 10 year rule for Diesel vehicles in Delhi NCR. Selling a diesel car after 8-9 years becomes a problem. If you are planning to sell it after 5 years, then it should not be a problem.
2. The govt is already banning BS4 and below diesel vehicles when pollution raises above 300 in Delhi NCR. Looking 5 years from now, even BS6.2 Diesel vehicles may start getting such partial bans.
3. There is a proposal to ban all diesel vehicles in metro cities with population above 1 million. If any variant of this gets implemented, Delhi NCR will for sure get diesel vehicles banned.
rAijin_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 09:21   #9235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
That's good news indeed.

I just wonder though - why not allow users to extend their phone SIM to their XUV's eSIM, just the way we do in LTE enabled smart watches. I don't think users would mind connecting their phone to cars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Vodafone India is just pathetic.
They wouldn't get any subscription renewals with this pathetic network. Also it is hilarious, they have brought Mappls into the picture which requires connectivity on the go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I think it is not Android Auto vs Car Play but specific to what phones you are using. I have repeated issues with Android Auto with two phones where sometime it takes too long to connect, once it fails it does not connect again and >1s lag in touch. My experience with Car Play has been seamless. Once it had trouble reconnecting; I just had to disable and enable Car Play from phone settings and it started working again. With respect to music quality, I find the quality of Amazon Music to be way better on Car Play; there is a clear difference in quality bass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller700 View Post
Have seen an issue where if Android Auto is being used to play music and if Alex is called out and it doesn't respond (mostly), Android Auto also stops playing music. I have recently updated the infotainment software at Service centre. Any idea if there is a way to get this working (any setting in Car Infotainment or Phone: using Samsung FE20 Android Phone)?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmuncher26 View Post
Ironically, my VI e-sim connectivity is down since 14-Oct and, no matter what I do, including a 'hack' (Mahindra XUV700 Review) that seemed to have worked the last time this happened, I am not getting network connectivity back. I am not very keen to disconnect and reconnect the battery for the fear that it may trigger something new. I wonder how the OTA update will happen. Looks like a visit to the service center is unavoidable in my case
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
I called up my SA today to enquire about this and he also advised that customers should be putting more pressure on Mahindra.
I've been facing issues with Apple CarPlay and Vodafone eSIM for the past year. I've reached out to the company via emails and even tweeted to Big Boss, but they haven't been able to resolve the problems.I must admit that the music quality on Alexa is much better than CarPlay, which shouldn't be the case considering the speaker and music system are the same. This seems to be a bug in Mahindra's software, and their team hasn't been able to fix it.
The new Tata Safari is a much better choice than the Mahindra XUV700. In my group of friends, three own XUV700, while two own Safaris. Surprisingly, our Tata Safari-owning friends have had no issues, whereas we have visited the service center around 15 times without a resolution.

Yesterday, I received a call from the area manager, who mentioned that a fix will be rolled out in the next 15-20 days. However, he was unsure about Airtel's involvement, indicating that it might be for new vehicles but not confirmed for older ones.
I'd also like to note that my cousin's car in Australia allows you to install a physical SIM card in the car slot, which seems like a much better option compared to these eSIMs. Mahindra has made the situation worse than we could have imagined.

The Mahindra software development team has been disappointing. Mahindra should consider collaborating with third-party developers to address and resolve their software-related issues. This collaborative approach can potentially bring fresh expertise and innovative solutions to improve their software, benefiting both the company and its existing customers. It can lead to faster problem resolution and enhanced user experiences.
rpmmachine is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 12:52   #9236
Senior - BHPian

Got two pesky "issues" fixed on the XUV 700 last week:

1. Cracking Speaker: From Day 1 of the car, the speaker under the middle of the windshield would crack at certain frequencies. We reported this multiple times but the issue was never resolved. All the SA would say is - "We updated the software. It should be resolved"

Resolution: They sent a technician home last week. He opened up the speaker panel and found a few grains of rice on the speaker (probably from the puja on Day 1). Removed them and the issue was gone. We've been reporting this issue for more than a year. But not once has the SVC opened up the panel to check what might be the issue. All it took was 5 minutes.

2. Auto Wash And Wipe not working: Another chronic issue we've had on the car. Pressing the Wash and Wipe button would do nothing. Reported it multiple times and they claimed to fix it multiple times as well. But it was never a permanent fix.

Resolution: Auto Wash And Wipe does not work when the wipers are on Auto Mode. It works on Manual Mode. This was the answer. The service advisors truly know nothing!

Other issues we have faced:

1. Range being shown is very high: Sometimes the range assumes a FE of 14kmpl (and the XUV700 is petrol. I'd be lucky to get anything beyond 9kmpl!). This used to be accurate but the calibration has gone off lately. Technician had no real solution for this.

2. Front right brakes squeal a fair amount

3. Twice on a long drive two weeks ago, I lost all drive for no reason. (We have an automatic). Had to stop the car on the side, switch to P mode and restart the car. This was followed by a Check Engine Light on the dash. Checked with an OBD Reader and it says low voltage on the ECM. But it showed nothing on the M&M Technician's OBD Reader.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 00:43   #9237
BHPian

To the proud owners of XUV 700:

Can you pls share which insurance you went with & if you recommend your insurer for new XUV buyers?

Any specific coverage on features like automatic powertrain, AWD, etc.,?

Any experience in bumper to bumper coverage?
Old 4th November 2023, 00:09   #9238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
To the proud owners of XUV 700:

Can you pls share which insurance you went with & if you recommend your insurer for new XUV buyers?

Any specific coverage on features like automatic powertrain, AWD, etc.,?

Any experience in bumper to bumper coverage?
For my AX7L-P AT, which was billed this week, I went with Acko. Their bumper-to-bumper plan with an IDV of 24.5L and all the add-ons (zero dep, engine protect, return to invoice, consumables, extra car protect and 30k of accessories) cost me 55k (incl. tax). However, their processing charge will be 2k for every claim, which is 1k for less than 1500cc cars. I excluded the PA cover since I already have it as a rider to my term insurance. The best the dealer could offer was 79k (down from original quote of 1.35L).

I did check with Tata-AIG as well (62k), but they don't offer return to invoice cover (they are good in other covers though). Whereas ICICI Lombard's offer was 72k, which included return to invoice cover but with lower IDV of 22L.

I had a good experience with Acko on my first ever insurance claim last year. I had a zero-dep plan with 5k co-payment for my 2013-EcoSport (Acko is probably the only one to offer zero-dep on such old cars). I only had to pay 6k in 65k bill of repair after someone rear-ended in a signal. The experience with Acko was much better than I had expected.

Last edited by jampot : 4th November 2023 at 00:21. Reason: add details of claim processing charges
jampot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 00:30   #9239
BHPian

Noticed these cracks/deep scratches on the lower part of the tail lights of my 700. There were a few on the right tail light but noticeable ones were found on the left one. I am certain that the car hasn’t been touched by any motorcycle or any other vehicle for that matter. What can be the potential reason for this? Maybe stone chipping but it’s difficult to imagine stone hitting the tail lights at the rear end and at that height/angle. Maybe because of expansion due to heat?

Has any other owner noticed or has the same scars on their XUV?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1554.jpeg  

LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 15:10   #9240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampot View Post
I did check with Tata-AIG as well (62k), but they don't offer return to invoice cover
I took insurance from Tata AIG, with Return to Invoice as an add-on (among others like Engine Protect, Depreciation Reimbursement, Key Replacement, etc). It cost me Rs 65k including tax.

This was in December 2022. Not sure if they have stopped offering Return to Invoice cover now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks