Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2023, 23:01   #9331

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Upgraded XUV's Audio Setup

Finally got around upgrading the audio system. This was done in two stages due to time constraints.

To reiterate: I have a AX5 D AT 7 seater. AX5 comes with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. There are two empty slots available. One in dashboard which is an ideal place for a midrange speaker (to cover the vocals - mid) and one in boot which is an ideal place for a 6' subwoofer.

First stage :
  1. Speakers : Installed a pair of JL Audio C1-650x component speaker in the front , a pair of JL Audio C1-650x coaxial in the rear, an underseat blaupunkt subwoofer and a Mid range speaker from Hertz has been setup in dashboard slot.
  2. Acoustic Solution : installed 10 damping sheets on 4 doors.

I was recommended speakers from hertz but the frequency didn't match with me (get it? ) JL audio had good reviews hence went ahead with them.

The sound output from the first phase of installation was dissapointing because the sound was treble heavy and bass was all over the place so much so that lossless music from apple music was sounding bad.

This was because Mahindra has sound staging and preset equalization done to make the stock speaker sound good. This stops aftermarket speakers from performing at their full potential.

Hence Phase 2 was installed ASAP.

Stage 2 setup :
  1. DSP : Nakamichi DSP
  2. Amplifier : Initially Nakamichi amplifier was used but later replaced with JL Audio JX400/4D amplifier.

Now initially amplifier and dsp were of the same brand but the amplifier was creating a lot of issues. Primarily it's alternator was creating a loud whining noise and then later on it went kaput.

Nakamichi amplifier was replaced with JL AUDIO JX400/4D.

Believe me when I say that post tuning my XUV is sounding better than my Harrier (9 speaker setup) and I am super happy with the upgrade work done.

Also the wiring and components like DSP and Amplifier has been chosen in a way that when I feel like upgrading the C1s to C2 it should be an easy job.

That's it from me .

Cheers!
Hey! Your phase 2 sounds really promising. Do you mind sharing the expense breakup and a recommended mechanic for the same?
Shashank700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 23:04   #9332

My Adrenox subscription expired finally. Any thoughts on continuing the subscription? I was considering the new Jio Motive as that would track the car for me. But as such, I don't really see a value add for 5k a year.
Thoughts?
Shashank700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 00:43   #9333

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha View Post
Hello Folks !

I have booked an AX7 AT Petrol Variant and decided to go for following accessories from Showroom.The car is scheduled to be delivered next Week.
Side note - when did you book your car and what was the initial delivery time committed?
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:03   #9334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank700 View Post
My Adrenox subscription expired finally. Any thoughts on continuing the subscription?
Mine is expiring in the last week of December. I'm conflicted myself on whether to renew it. Unless Mahindra has plans of moving to either Jio or Airtel e-sim, we are virtually wasting our money on Vodafone.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 14:19   #9335
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks !
1.Side Foot Steps (have Old parents and young children)
2.Mud Flaps
3.Illuminated Scuff plates

Looked at 7D Mats as well but the quality and price are poles apart. While Searching at Amazon , I am confused between style of these mats ,

Black Mats
https://amzn.eu/d/1aY4gIt

Black with red stitching 7D mats.
https://amzn.eu/d/hQMYN30

Additionally Pharaoh mats are not available as of now.
https://www.pharaohautomotive.com/pr...car-floor-mats
Congrats Himanshu. I'm just about to take delivery as well

To fellow owners here, have any of you purchased the 7D mats from Mahindra? Is the quality that bad? Pls suggest. (dealer is quoting 10500)

Side foot step is necessary for sure. But isn't 27600/- very expensive?

PS: Attaching the list of official accessories for everyone's benefit
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV700 Accessories Catalogue_V2.6-1.pdf (5.13 MB, 243 views)
blackdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 15:35   #9336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
To fellow owners here, have any of you purchased the 7D mats from Mahindra? Is the quality that bad? Pls suggest. (dealer is quoting 10500)

The 7D Mats from Mahindra are obscenely expensive for no reason and absolutely not worth it. You can get decent mats outside for a much cheaper rate.

For the side step though, the OEM one is good, sturdy and elegant too. Haven't come across many good aftermarket options. The price tag though is expensive, I agree.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 15:50   #9337
BHPian

Quote:

So ,I made a survey of accessories available in Car accessories shops versus Mahindra showroom.My observations are,

1. Side step serves two purpose one being obvious of climbing the vehicle especially useful for young kids and senior citizens.Second , giving that ‘thud’ warning while moving through tight spaces ,a few mm outside the body ,it’s the first one to take the hit.

Mahindra quality was the best amongst the one available in market ,fitment is good and reduction in GC is minimal.Price can be negotiated a bit ,the range is 22.5K-23.5K.

2.7D mats from Mahindra don’t justify the quality,the best ones till date are Pharaoh but they are out of stock.Get GFX or similar ,they are available readily.
But please make sure you have a set available before taking delivery of vehicle.

Last edited by himanshu_trikha : 23rd November 2023 at 16:04. Reason: Typos
himanshu_trikha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 16:12   #9338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbaya View Post
Side note - when did you book your car and what was the initial delivery time committed?
One week back ,I called a few Dealerships in Delhi and a number of them had an AX7 AT available.
Old 23rd November 2023, 17:53   #9339

Quote:
Congrats Himanshu. I'm just about to take delivery as well

I took the delivery of my XUV700 on October 28. I went for the 7D mats, Scuff Plates, Screen Protector, Mud Flaps & Reverse Camera. Even i was charged Rs 10,500 for the mats but the quality is not worth the price. I went for an after market side step from MTek for Rs 8000 which is serving the purpose well. Hope this helps.
khan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 18:29   #9340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
I took the delivery of my XUV700 on October 28. I went for the 7D mats, Scuff Plates, Screen Protector, Mud Flaps & Reverse Camera. Even i was charged Rs 10,500 for the mats but the quality is not worth the price. I went for an after market side step from MTek for Rs 8000 which is serving the purpose well. Hope this helps.
I checked for the quality of illuminated scuff plates and the fitment appears to increase panel gap in already misaligned door trim panels (coming from Japanese cars ).

Can you share picture of your scuff plate fitment.
Old 23rd November 2023, 23:39   #9341

Hi All,

Need ur advise on accessories. I had booked XUV 700 in Oct and I got a call from dealer yesterday in 1.5 months that vehicle is in transit. XUV 700 AX7 L. I have booked following accessories. Pls suggest

1. Rain Visor
2. Mud flap
3. Rear Bumper
4. Floor Mats
5.Sun shades
6. Screen Protector

Following Coating
1. Antirust
2. Paint Protection
3. Engine Coating

Is Paint Protection and Rain Visor Recommended? Anything else to be added
Old 23rd November 2023, 23:56   #9342
BHPian

Overall, I'm going with these accessories:
  • Mud flops-850/-
  • Side foot step-24500/-
  • Screen protector-800/-
  • SD memory card-800/- (certainly it is cheaper if bought in Amazon, but I understand from the dealer that it is not a hot-swap & requires some tools to open the unit to install it... strange! but no other option)
  • Pedal covers-800/-
  • Bumper corner protector-1400/-
  • Illuminated Scuff Protector-5500/-
  • Logo Projector (2Pcs) - 3000/- (I feel this is more of a show-off, requires charging once in a few weeks, but comes with the new Mahindra logo projection; hoping that it is practical in throwing light on the ground when you open the door)
  • Tailgate Scuff Protector-2600/-

Got a bit more discount (after some nego) & the total is ₹37,030

Yet to purchase 7D mats.

Need three suggestions:
  • I feel Stainless Steel bumper protector looks too heavy & ruins the look, but it would be the best to protect the vehicle from the back. What's your opinion?
  • I havent checked this with after market vendors yet - do you get a complete set of "protectors" for bumper corners & doors, with complementing colors all across? If so, I will not go with the OEM corner protectors. Pls suggest.
  • It seems as though it is a crime if you dont get either PPF or Ceramic coating these days! Somehow I dont see its worth when you think about spending more than a lakh for this. Have you got it done? Pls share your views. Getting rid of the swirl marks is one key benefit I can think of, and also the resistance to any sharp stone hits while on highways. Well, do these justify the investment? I'm still not sure.

Quote:
2.7D mats from Mahindra don’t justify the quality,the best ones till date are Pharaoh but they are out of stock.Get GFX or similar ,they are available readily.
But please make sure you have a set available before taking delivery of vehicle.
I found Autotech 7D mats at around ₹7500 from an after market store (I know him well), but not sure if the community here would endorse it If any of you have Autotech 7D mats, pls share your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
Even i was charged Rs 10,500 for the mats but the quality is not worth the price. I went for an after market side step from MTek for Rs 8000 which is serving the purpose well. Hope this helps.
Thanks for confirming about the quality of the mats. That reinforces my decision to not go with Mahindra mats.

I have a question though: Is this "7D" really practical? Isnt is a bit tedious to remove & re-attach these multi-part mats? Whats your experience?

Quote:
I checked for the quality of illuminated scuff plates and the fitment appears to increase panel gap in already misaligned door trim panels (coming from Japanese cars ).
Is the misalignment because of the service guys not installing it properly? or just that Mahindra has a broader tolerance for such gaps & alignments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
The 7D Mats from Mahindra are obscenely expensive for no reason and absolutely not worth it. You can get decent mats outside for a much cheaper rate.

For the side step though, the OEM one is good, sturdy and elegant too. Haven't come across many good aftermarket options. The price tag though is expensive, I agree.
Which one did you go with, for the 7D mats? (sorry, I might have missed your post on this, if you have already written about it before). Pls share the product link if you can.

I'm going with the OEM side step as well.
Old 24th November 2023, 00:48   #9343
BHPian

It's been a minute since I participated in this thread, mostly due to my little brother crashing the car on a fallen tree trunk in October. The accident happened on a service road in Assam. After the incident, I was quite saddened, seeing the condition of Godot, but thankfully, the damage seemed cosmetic only and not mechanical.

I got the car down from Assam and had a talk with Apex Motors, Dimapur (Nagaland State) regarding the repairs. As always, the service manager, Mr. Nubul understood my situation and after a look at the pictures I sent him - he ordered the left front fender, left headlights and also the bumper. The parts took a while to arrive since they came from Mumbai. The service manager of Apex Motors kept me informed throughout the entire process.

After the parts arrived, the car was taken to Apex Motors, Dimapur after which the car was repaired, repainted and delivered very quickly. Very satisfied with the repair process, considering the limited tools available. I'm glad I took the car almost 300kms to Nagaland to get it repaired. The work was done as per my satisfaction and the car looks as good as new now and the fit and finish is good enough.

Have reached 32,500kms with the car now and hope to continue munching many more miles with Godot. Just wanted to share my experience of repairing a damaged XUV700 on our wonderful forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20231009_142558.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20231120_131915.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 06:48   #9344
BHPian

Is the misalignment because of the service guys not installing it properly? or just that Mahindra has a broader tolerance for such gaps & alignments?

Which one did you go with, for the 7D mats? (sorry, I might have missed your post on this, if you have already written about it before). Pls share the product link if you can.

I'm going with the OEM side step as well. [/quote]

Congratulations first !

This is my first Mahindra and the brand seems to have large tolerance for anything thats fit and finish.
For illuminated plates they change a whole Panel ,basically install the plastic panel with scuff plates already installed on them.
The accessory seems to be a favourite ,there were three cars getting it done by three different guys but the panel gap issue was common and it appeared as a sore thumb for me.

For 7D mats I have procured a cheap set from neighbour shop that costed me ~3k ,waiting for Pharaoh mats to be in stock.

Side step ,it was a tough bullet to bite given its price but strangely this is the best fitment from Mahindra official accessories.
Old 24th November 2023, 06:54   #9345
BHPian

I came across this in The Hindu dated 21st November.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0301.jpg

21 inch dual screens? I have been reading car ads in the newspaper since I was 10 and in seven years of doing it, this is the first time I came across such a mistake. I don't know whether they added 10.25 + 10.25 and rounded off 21.5 to 21, but whatever it is, it is amusing indeed

One question - Car ads are given directly by the OEMs through newspapers right? Can a local dealership also do it? I'm sure Mahindra would not make such a mistake in a newspaper, so I'm guessing it's the latter.
CentreOfGravity is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks