Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2023, 19:01   #9241
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

What is the average wait time for the AX7L AT AWD variant?

Last edited by pillainp : 4th November 2023 at 19:01. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 4th November 2023, 22:45   #9242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulG View Post
My XUV700 MX Petrol - Buying Journey and Initial 2000 KM Ownership Review

***Long Post Alert***

Things that are not so great:
  1. No 3-point seat belt for rear middle passenger
  2. City Mileage is too low for daily usage
  3. Clutch travel is very long (though light) can cause pain in traffic situations
  4. Wish Apple Carplay should have been provided. (thinking of buying a secondary android just for Android Auto)
Congrats Rahul!

I initially bought xuv700 MX diesel,used it for 15 months and sold it to buy scorpio N Z6 diesel.

Both the vehicles provide enthralling drive experience.While XUV700 was more planted on the road, scorpio N has butch looks and commanding seating position.

You will not go wrong in buying any of them.My family also pointed out the interior difference,but Z6 has more electronics and gadgetry than MX,so they are content with my decision.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 10:23   #9243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
Congrats Rahul!

Both the vehicles provide enthralling drive experience.While XUV700 was more planted on the road, scorpio N has butch looks and commanding seating position.

You will not go wrong in buying any of them.My family also pointed out the interior difference,but Z6 has more electronics and gadgetry than MX,so they are content with my decision.
Absolutely agree with your assessment @Gaddibuddy. In fact I would have gone for ScorpioN Z6 had Mahindra launched that variant in Petrol avatar. So far the driving experience has been top notch.

The only fly in the ointment right now are a couple of issues as listed below:
  1. Date/Time getting refreshed on it's whims and fancies with no particular pattern
  2. Some creaking sound while driving from the left front. Not sure if that is from dashboard plastics or something else.

BHPians, let me know if you have faced something similar (maybe specific in MX model and is there a resolution to these issues.
Old 5th November 2023, 11:27   #9244

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulG View Post
Absolutely agree with your assessment @Gaddibuddy. In fact I would have gone for ScorpioN Z6 had Mahindra launched that variant in Petrol avatar. So far the driving experience has been top notch.

It might be from the window glass, have been facing the same issue. Roll the windows down and check it

Last edited by ampere : 7th November 2023 at 08:00. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Kusjp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 11:35   #9245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
Noticed these cracks/deep scratches on the lower part of the tail lights of my 700. There were a few on the right tail light but noticeable ones were found on the left one. I am certain that the car hasn’t been touched by any motorcycle or any other vehicle for that matter. What can be the potential reason for this? Maybe stone chipping but it’s difficult to imagine stone hitting the tail lights at the rear end and at that height/angle. Maybe because of expansion due to heat?

Has any other owner noticed or has the same scars on their XUV?
Yes, even i have the same issue, where cracks have started appearing in my 2 year old XUV700. Looks like another cost cutting strategy
mahesh.alse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 13:14   #9246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Most of the variants are now readily available. If you have any specific variant - color preference, you can simply exploring the near by district dealerships as well and mostly you will end up getting one in a day or two.
Old 6th November 2023, 13:24   #9247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Wait times are fairly subjective. Everything depends on the dealership. If you have the funds ready and show willingness to pay upfront, in almost all cases, the dealership can deliver readily; going by the reports across all major cities.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 14:03   #9248
Senior - BHPian

Been talking to at least three dealers in Bangalore and though they claim ready stocks(extra dispatches due to festival time) unless you want specific color etc.

I feel it could be due to Harrier/Safari facelift launch so people like me are waiting for the test drive to decide further.

Hopefully Mahindra spices up the game a bit, They badly need that A9 variant to catch up with the TATA features and also offer basic necessities like reverse camera on mid variants.

It is a shame AX5(their hot seller) does not come with either cruise control or a reverse camera.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 14:59   #9249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Hopefully Mahindra spices up the game a bit, They badly need that A9 variant to catch up with the TATA features and also offer basic necessities like reverse camera on mid variants.
The real catch will be the pricing of the proposed A9 variant. It will prove to be a dampener if Mahindra screws this up. AX7 & AX7L variants sold like hot cakes because they found a sweet price spot.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 16:12   #9250
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriday View Post
Hello fellow BHPians, thank you for letting me join the forum. Recently booked AX7L D AT AWD. Did the TD for petrol but after going through reviews here and on videos and considering that AWD is only available in diesel unfortunately I am not left with any other choice but this one model.

@rAijin and others - thank you for being so informative. My run would surely be less the 3K KMs a month but would for sure have 150+ KMs Highway drive every month. Hoping that would help avoiding the DPF issue. Though it is difficult to say you can have a worry free ownership about XUV. I am preparing myself mentally for this .

Being an Ecosport owner One thought that hit me is how considerable Ford was to give two 12v socket (one in front and one at back) in a compact SUV which was hardly 10-11 lacs and Mahindra is missing out this in 25+ lac car. Just wish could have the option to add AT+AWD n ADAS in Ecosport and would keep it for another 7-8 years
In addition to what the above users said, frequent start stops and short trips also contribute greatly towards soot generation and DPF clogging. What I have gathered from experience is that after the DPF clogged warning appears, driving the car continuously for 5–6 km at 2k rpm, irrespective of the speed, leads to successful active regeneration. I have been driving mostly on short trips for the last 4-5 months, and the car gives a DPF clogged warning every 200km or so, but it's easy to tackle. I think regular, active DPF REGEN procedures should not be taken as a problem but as a behavior. If one drives on the highway often, then passive REGEN will occur without any extra fuel injection, and hence the user won't receive the warnings.Another case is when the car fails to perform active REGEN even when the soot value is high and engine conditions are optimal, which, in my opinion, should be classified as a DPF issue or problem.Even with all the DPF-related behavior, an XUV or any other big SUV will be very costly to operate in a gasoline avatar.
sbm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 17:10   #9251

Hello everyone,
Thank you so much for approving my membership and letting me be a part of the best automobile community. I have been an avid reader of the posts on the forum for last several years but have now landed in a really unfortunate situation with a newly purchased XUV 700 DIESEL MT AX7L. So where better to turn to than our experts here.

First some background:

Cars owned in the past and currently: Tata Indica, Mahindra Scorpio S10 which we exchanged for another Mahindra Scorpio S10, Hyundai Elantra 2018, Tata Safari 2021. All of the above have had substantial kms coverage with the Scorpios hitting upwards of 1.5 lakhs kms. I never had any substantial issues with any of my purchases uptill now.

Our Tata Safari bought in Aug 2021 was unfortunately totalled in an accident in August 2023. All the passengers were unhurt thankfully, a testament to Tata's build quality. So we started our process to purchase a replacement. I really wanted to just go ahead and get the new Safari facelift but family members were against it. A few of them due to superstitions relating to the accident and others simply wanted to get something different. All throughout my ownership I never had a significant issue with the Safari except for one incident when the Start-stop button stopped working. Took it to the service guys, got it rectified and all was good. All in all I was really happy with the car and went on multiple road trips, driving upwards of 700 kms in a day with no issues.
Now coming to the issue with my current purchase i.e XUV 700 AX7L MT DIESEL. Despite driving the car for around 1000 kms since the purchase I have never been able to find a comfortable driving position. I have tried all possible seating and steering adjustments but I am just not being able to place my left leg in a comfortable position while using the clutch. Everytime I drive the car in the city or for that matter even on highway drives I develop severe pain in my left calf, thigh and lower back to the extent that I have to take painkillers! The pain persists till the next day! I have never had such an issue with any vehicle in the past. I am not being able to understand as to what is causing this, whether it's the too inwards placed clutch pedal or the long clutch play or the seating position but I am just not being able to use the clutch comfortably. My leg is in a comfortable position while it's resting on the dead pedal but everytime I have to use the clutch I have to internally rotate my feet and this is causing severe strain on my calf, thigh and lower back. The clutch pedal angle also seems to be too high and this forces me to acutely flex my ankle further aggravating the issues. Combine this with the long clutch play and it's a perfect recipe for disaster. I went through pages and pages of reviews and opinions on this forum and other sites but never came across these ergonomic issues. All that few people complained about was the long clutch play but I did not think it will be such a big issue as it's turning out to be. I am really surprised as to how has this not been reported. I even started doubting that there's something wrong with my anatomy (despite being an Orthopedics Surgeon myself ) but both of my drivers are also complaining of discomfort in the left leg. So thank god for that.
I am now at my wits end as the vehicle is nearly undriveable for me and I cannot see a way out other than replacing the vehicle at a significant economic loss. The vehicle has been driven for only 1000kms and is still due for it's 1st service. I love driving a manual and have never felt the need for an automatic till now. But there's something seriously wrong with the driving position and/or pedals of this so called 'best in the segment' car. Please suggest as to what can be the possible issue and what can be done to improve the situation. I am really heartbroken right now after spending 28 big ones on the car as I was planning several family road trips but I don't think it's possible with this issue. Will decreasing the clutch free play help and is there any negative side to it such as clutch plate wear etc? Kindly help. I am desperate.
Regards
Drcarbone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 18:53   #9252
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcarbone View Post
Hello everyone, .....
develop severe pain in my left calf, thigh and lower back to the extent that I have to take painkillers! The pain persists till the next day! I have never had such an issue with any vehicle in the past. I am not being able to understand as to what is causing this, whether it's the too inwards placed clutch pedal or the long clutch play or the seating position but I am just not being able to use the clutch comfortably. My leg is in a comfortable position while it's resting on the dead pedal but everytime I have to use the clutch I have to internally rotate my feet and this is causing severe strain on my calf, thigh and lower back. The clutch pedal angle also seems to be too high and this forces me to acutely flex my ankle further aggravating the issues....
Regards
I too felt the discomfort and pain in the initial days of my ownership. What worked for me was keeping the seat in a slightly more forward position than before so that my leg wouldn't fully extend when pushing the clutch. With time, the discomfort went away.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 23:59   #9253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
To the proud owners of XUV 700:

Can you pls share which insurance you went with & if you recommend your insurer for new XUV buyers?

Any specific coverage on features like automatic powertrain, AWD, etc.,?

Any experience in bumper to bumper coverage?
Didn't see any comments except for one. Pls share your experience & the insurer you would recommend.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th November 2023, 01:10   #9254
BHPian

Just received an update for the “With You Hamesha” app. It has been revamped and rebranded as “Mahindra For You” now. Slick UI.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 07:05   #9255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcarbone View Post
Hello everyone,
I have tried all possible seating and steering adjustments but I am just not being able to place my left leg in a comfortable position while using the clutch. But there's something seriously wrong with the driving position and/or pedals of this so called 'best in the segment' car. Please suggest as to what can be the possible issue and what can be done to improve the situation. I am really heartbroken right now after spending 28 big ones on the car as I was planning several family road trips but I don't think it's possible with this issue. Will decreasing the clutch free play help and is there any negative side to it such as clutch plate wear etc? Kindly help. I am desperate.
Regards
Please try to adjust seating position. The side bolsters on the seat cushion are very thick and while seating if some part of your thigh is on the bolsters it will start giving pain. Try to sit in a position where you are in the middle of the seat. I also faced same issue, but in my case my seating posture was slightly to the right and hence had pain in my right thigh. Although mine is AT. Also, although I'm guessing, I think you are seating in a too forward position to handle long clutch issue because of which your knees are always bent close to 90 degrees? Try adjusting by moving your seat little backwards. Lastly, check and adjust lumbar support. If it is fully inflated, it becomes very hard and presses against the back, this also reduces the under thigh support. If you keep it fully deflated, it leaves a gap between back cushion and your lower back. I also faced this issue and had to adjust by keeping lumbar support mid way and buying a small pilow/cushion to support my lower back. Please note that I have long running severe back issues and during first long drive in my XUV I was facing thigh pain (right side) and back problems. But adjusting around all three points these issues are almost solved. Good luck and do let us know if you are able to find a good position. Thanks
SamDiablo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks