Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2023, 18:44   #9211
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Android Auto connectivity is better both in terms of responsiveness and stability. Even the sound quality of same songs from Spotify was inferior to AA.
I think it is not Android Auto vs Car Play but specific to what phones you are using. I have repeated issues with Android Auto with two phones where sometime it takes too long to connect, once it fails it does not connect again and >1s lag in touch. My experience with Car Play has been seamless. Once it had trouble reconnecting; I just had to disable and enable Car Play from phone settings and it started working again. With respect to music quality, I find the quality of Amazon Music to be way better on Car Play; there is a clear difference in quality bass.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 18:51   #9212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Quite surprised to get this “Keyfob Battery Low” alert on the XUV 700 within barely a year and half. Both our other cars (Corolla Altis 2011 and Jeep Compass 2019) have had not a single issue with the original keys as yet.

Buying a CR2032 3V battery. Thank you abirnale for showing us that battery replacement can be easily done at home.
I faced the same issue on my 3OO. The key battery died within 1.5 years. What I observed is (and I maybe wrong), I generally hang the key chain to my belt and whenever I get out of my car and do not switch off the engine, the car keeps giving a beep that the key isn't in the car. That could be draining the battery big time. This happens at petrol bunks and when on long trips (while I get my kids sit at the rear and buckle them up). Also, using the sensors to open the door might be draining the battery. I am mostly using the remote open/close buttons now and the battery is good at 3 years now. Also, the stock battery in the key fob looks horrible, please upgrade to something on Amazon. It cost me 40 rupees per battery and I bought a strip with 3 batteries. So, it should be fine for at least a few more years.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 18:55   #9213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
That is my biggest worry with diesel. My running will be less and due to bulky size of XUV, it can’t be my week day office driver. However my drives will be on weekends but 100-400kms on highways so wouldn’t it be the ideal scenario for DPF burnout ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
That translates to roughly 1000 kms/month. That is way too low for a BS6 diesel. You're almost guaranteed to run into DPF issues every now and then. A decent petrol motor is still your best bet.
From what I have gathered, its not the distance travelled that dictates whether you will face DPF related issues or not. Rather its how you do those miles. For instance, I am made to understand that even if a diesel engine were to sit idle for majority of days in a month but then does about 400 kms or so involving decent highway running at high enough speeds (50kmph plus), DPF shouldn't be a problem. You can refer to other posts on the forum where this issue has been discussed threadbare. So in your case with 400kms or so of highway running, DPF shouldn't bother you. Its another question whether your usage warrants a diesel in the first place. Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
I didn't consider Seltos due to safety rating, eliminated Elevate due to cramped rear seat. Considering Toyota HYRYDER NEODRIVE for it overall all-round offering (+ that T badge).

Ofcourse XUV7OO is IRRESISTIBLE package, I am not looking for 7 seats anyway (70k savings), how did you decide on petrol / diesel in XUV7OO?
I went through a similar thought process but was clear that I needed a 7 seater that was deemed safe. Since my running is fairly low, I have booked the AX5 Petrol as I perceive it to be good value for money. Not too interested in the additional electronic features as the vehicle will be for my parents who will be driven around. However, I opted for the "E" variant as I am adamant on ESP.
Even if I was looking for a 5 seater, I wouldn't have opted for the Seltos/Creta twins or any vehicle that hasn't scored well in crash tests. Just my point of view.

I have also now booked the Tata Safari Pure(O) variant. Its a diesel and maybe an overkill for my usage (8k/year), but excellent value for money. Plus I loved the looks.
akannath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 19:10   #9214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
From what I have gathered, its not the distance travelled that dictates whether you will face DPF related issues or not. Rather its how you do those miles. For instance, I am made to understand that even if a diesel engine were to sit idle for majority of days in a month but then does about 400 kms or so involving decent highway running at high enough speeds (50kmph plus), DPF shouldn't be a problem. You can refer to other posts on the forum where this issue has been discussed threadbare. So in your case with 400kms or so of highway running, DPF shouldn't bother you. Its another question whether your usage warrants a diesel in the first place. Probably not.
I too have similar opinion, however the choice of diesel vs petrol(NA) was purely due to the large price gap especially in the budget side of the spectrum(more than 10-15% of the vehicle cost). The gap is pretty narrow with turbo petrols and in case of a car such as XUV, diesel is less than one lakh extra and is more efficient even if the price of diesel were to become same as that of petrol.

Where we like it or not, I am for sure certain that ICE engines are on their last leg and we might see next generation EVs with all that skateboard architecture within 3-4 years in our market offering range over 500km. A part of me says to stretch my corolla and alto combo few more years and switch to EV, but then you know the upgrade itch

My highway runs too might be in range of 10-15k kms per year so I should be fine with petrol bill(my corolla returns only 13-14kmpl on highways)

However turbo petrols are more complex(compared to NA petrol), high revving and also we have the E20 mix. Diesels on the other hand have DEF complexities. So the question is which one will prove to me easier to maintain after say 5-6 years !!

Last edited by rajshenoy : 26th October 2023 at 19:12.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 10:07   #9215
BHPian

Quote:
Diesels on the other hand have DEF complexities. So the question is which one will prove to me easier to maintain after say 5-6 years !!
I have an eternal soft spot for turbo diesels but as things are going under the current regime, Petrol seems like the safer bet. MStallion can be a fairly frugal engine if driven properly and match the mileage offered by your Altis on highways while offering considerably more power. Despite being more complex than NA engines, MStallion has proven to be a fairly reliable engine. Engines are the one thing that Mahindra gets always right.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 11:44   #9216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However turbo petrols are more complex(compared to NA petrol), high revving and also we have the E20 mix. Diesels on the other hand have DEF complexities. So the question is which one will prove to me easier to maintain after say 5-6 years !!
Diesels warrant some highway running , as far as that is taken care of you are good. Petrol gives you even better performance at the cost of some extra fuel, if it's a 2WD I would happily go in for the petrol.

You need more fuel and perhaps some consumables like spark plugs in that time. DEF is less likely to bother you if the vehicle runs at highway speeds, ATs are better at managing it.

Test drive the petrol AT once.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 15:56   #9217

Mahindra is now getting a signed/e-signed acknowledgement from customer before processing Mappls update for the silverbox.

The service advisor reiterated that post updation this will be online maps only and will require active Adrenox subscription and asked for a consent signature for software update.
manoj.elan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 16:44   #9218

Hi, I recently installed 70mai Dual Channel (Front and Rear) A810 Dashcam in car. It's powered using Front USB port. I see that even when ignition is off, dashcam still gets power from this port. Is it ok to keep the USB plugged in always or would it drain the battery? I would prefer to keep it powered on rather than remembering every time to plug out and plug in the cable.

Have seen an issue where if Android Auto is being used to play music and if Alex is called out and it doesn't respond (mostly), Android Auto also stops playing music. I have recently updated the infotainment software at Service centre. Any idea if there is a way to get this working (any setting in Car Infotainment or Phone: using Samsung FE20 Android Phone)?

Last edited by Aditya : 29th October 2023 at 17:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 29th October 2023, 09:02   #9219
BHPian

Just spoke with my SA yesterday about the lack of usability of Alexa, he informed me that Mahindra is working on changing their esim network from VI to Airtel and ideally the update should be rolled out by the end of November. Hope that this update will allow us to use Alexa to its full potential.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 11:27   #9220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
Just spoke with my SA yesterday about the lack of usability of Alexa, he informed me that Mahindra is working on changing their esim network from VI to Airtel and ideally the update should be rolled out by the end of November. Hope that this update will allow us to use Alexa to its full potential.
Hope this is true and happens soon. Much needed. Any idea on whether a visit to service center is required?
SamDiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 14:36   #9221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Hope this is true and happens soon. Much needed. Any idea on whether a visit to service center is required?
He said that the update would be done automatically over the internet at the back end. There shouldn’t be any need to visit the SC. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 18:01   #9222
BHPian

Quote:
Now that's some news. All XUV700 customers using connected features should put pressure by tweeting to the big bosses out there directly along with complaining to customer care and the service center.

Hope they do it as quickly as possible.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 18:11   #9223
BHPian

Quote:
He said that the update would be done automatically over the internet at the back end. There shouldn’t be any need to visit the SC. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻
Ironically, my VI e-sim connectivity is down since 14-Oct and, no matter what I do, including a 'hack' (Mahindra XUV700 Review) that seemed to have worked the last time this happened, I am not getting network connectivity back. I am not very keen to disconnect and reconnect the battery for the fear that it may trigger something new. I wonder how the OTA update will happen. Looks like a visit to the service center is unavoidable in my case
roadmuncher26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 18:56   #9224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Now that's some news. All XUV700 customers using connected features should put pressure by tweeting to the big bosses out there directly along with complaining to customer care and the service center.

Hope they do it as quickly as possible.
I called up my SA today to enquire about this and he also advised that customers should be putting more pressure on Mahindra. He also mentioned that recently they have seen reduction in software related issues but keeping the pressure on Mahindra will help, especially through direct channels. Happily obliged and dropped a mail to Mahindra customer care
SamDiablo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 19:47   #9225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmuncher26 View Post
Ironically, my VI e-sim connectivity is down since 14-Oct and, no matter what I do, including a 'hack' (Mahindra XUV700 Review) that seemed to have worked the last time this happened, I am not getting network connectivity back. I am not very keen to disconnect and reconnect the battery for the fear that it may trigger something new. I wonder how the OTA update will happen. Looks like a visit to the service center is unavoidable in my case
I suggest you to take your vehicle to the service centre & rectify the esim connectivity problem which you are facing. According to me silver box flashing should solve this problem, there by doing this would ensure that any changes in the eSIM carrier will directly be inflicted on your system and at the same time other users are getting the change.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks