Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2023, 21:38   #9106
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
(Attached below are the pics of the same) anyone who is living in and around Bangalore, especially near Whitefield area please DM me or mail me your contact number on my mail id (montypt510@gmail.com)
I don’t know if you still have this in stock. If not could you help me with the part number?
Old 5th October 2023, 23:42   #9107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Isn't it the other way ? He does not plan to use it for short office trips. He only has 100-400KM highway runs. That is the perfect setup for DPF equipped car. DPF causes issues only when you have short city trips that does not allow engine to reach proper temperature. If all your running is 100km highway run at a stretch, even if that is once in two weeks, you will never have DPF issues.

For eg, my cousin used to drive his Fortuner for his 6 KM office trip and a 150 KM hometown trip once in a week or two. He faced multiple DPF issues. After a bit of research, he stopped using it for his 6 km office trip. Now, he uses his small car for the office trip and the Fortuner only runs the 150KM hometown trip and occasional office trips. No more DPF issues.
From my experience, DPF issues are more prevalent in low-running vehicles. Unless the OP is going to run all those 800kms at 120km/hr+, chances are that he's going to run into DPF issues. Soot build up is eliminated usually when the vehicle is running on high RPMs' for prolonged periods. Soot buildup is almost inevitable in modern BS6 diesels. Still, such a low running regime doesn't warrant diesel vehicle IMHO.
Old 6th October 2023, 13:04   #9108
BHPian

Quite surprised to get this “Keyfob Battery Low” alert on the XUV 700 within barely a year and half. Both our other cars (Corolla Altis 2011 and Jeep Compass 2019) have had not a single issue with the original keys as yet.

Buying a CR2032 3V battery. Thank you abirnale for showing us that battery replacement can be easily done at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3426.jpeg  

IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 18:56   #9109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
I did multiple test runs on Nice road with ADAS features completely off and a few setting combinations and tyre pressures but it did not make any difference and the vibrations in floor/body and seats were consistently starting at 98kmph till about 106kmph.
Hi @Sandegov. I also have the vibration issue and would like to confirm whether my experience is similar to what you faced.

Mine is an AX7 L AT AWD and the vibration is very evident in the middle and 3rd row.
When myself and a few bhpians did a run, we noted that the vibrations start right after approx ~84 kmph ( when the 6th gear slots in in the Zip mode ) and becomes increasingly evident from there on.
Manual downshifting seemed to reduce the vibrations but it was still there.

From your experience before you did the propeller shaft adjustment, Did it completely go away after ~106 kmph? In my case, it is evident even after 106 kmph.
Old 6th October 2023, 19:57   #9110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
Hi @Sandegov. I also have the vibration issue and would like to confirm whether my experience is similar to what you faced.

Mine is an AX7 L AT AWD and the vibration is very evident in the middle and 3rd row.
When myself and a few bhpians did a run, we noted that the vibrations start right after approx ~84 kmph ( when the 6th gear slots in in the Zip mode ) and becomes increasingly evident from there on.

From your experience before you did the propeller shaft adjustment, Did it completely go away after ~106 kmph? In my case, it is evident even after 106 kmph.
Get the wheel balancing done outside of ASC at a reputed center and fill up your tires to 33-34 psi and do a proper test on empty roads, my ticket is still open but have gotten the vibrations down by prop shaft realignment. But its still there and mine starts at 99 and lasts till 106.Its an ongoing long journey on this for me and sadly still on it without a resolution.Happy to connect over call if that helps you - please pm me.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 01:54   #9111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
From my experience, DPF issues are more prevalent in low-running vehicles. Unless the OP is going to run all those 800kms at 120km/hr+, chances are that he's going to run into DPF issues. Soot build up is eliminated usually when the vehicle is running on high RPMs' for prolonged periods. Soot buildup is almost inevitable in modern BS6 diesels. Still, such a low running regime doesn't warrant diesel vehicle IMHO.
This is a wrong assumption. There is no need of high RPM drives in a DPF equipped vehicle to burn the soot. The auto regeneration mechanism will take care of the soot, if the engine attains operating temperature (which is the middle point of dial). People with DPF issues, are the ones who have very short rides that does not allow engine to reach this temp or shut down just after reaching this temp. If this happens, the DPF auto generation will not start in any drives and soot will accumulate. Then it will require high RPM drives to clear it. In normal operation, if optimum engine temperature is attained in all your drives, there is no need for high RPM drives.

This is in case of cars with stable DPF systems from factory. For example, Ecosport/Freestyle etc came with faulty DPF software and had issues. Others like Harrier, XUV, Crysta, Fortuner have stable DPF systems and run into trouble only in case of short drives or DPF system component issues.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 7th October 2023 at 01:57.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 10:50   #9112
BHPian

The just-launched facelift of Safari has added some new features & has upgraded ADAS & other features.

How does it compare with XUV700 in your opinion? And is XUV700 still a better buy today?
Old 7th October 2023, 12:13   #9113
BHPian

Hey folks! I'm getting the "SD card is full" message and so the recording is no longer happening. Any suggestions on how can the recording be resumed without a visit to the Service Centre? Is there a quick way to delete existing videos?

Also, I had purchased the SD card at the time of car delivery, so the storage capacity is 32 GB. Does the system supports cards of higher capacity?
Old 7th October 2023, 14:46   #9114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post

Had a similar kind of vibration above 100 for me though. I just did a wheel balancing and it seems to be fine now. Check even the tire weights if there is no change after balancing.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 16:15   #9115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
This is a wrong assumption. There is no need of high RPM drives in a DPF equipped vehicle to burn the soot. The auto regeneration mechanism will take care of the soot, if the engine attains operating temperature (which is the middle point of dial). People with DPF issues, are the ones who have very short rides that does not allow engine to reach this temp or shut down just after reaching this temp. If this happens, the DPF auto generation will not start in any drives and soot will accumulate. Then it will require high RPM drives to clear it. In normal operation, if optimum engine temperature is attained in all your drives, there is no need for high RPM drives.

This is in case of cars with stable DPF systems from factory. For example, Ecosport/Freestyle etc came with faulty DPF software and had issues. Others like Harrier, XUV, Crysta, Fortuner have stable DPF systems and run into trouble only in case of short drives or DPF system component issues.
This might be different from vehicle to vehicle. I personally know an XUV700 and a Crysta that run into regular DPF clogging due to their lack of prolonged highway runs. 700 is owned by a PSU employee who travels only ~60kms every weekend. The other is a retired military officer whose Crysta is taken out for his farmhouse ride on weekends. Funnily enough, both face regular clogging and have to do manual regeneration or get it done by the A.S.S.
P.S. My original point still stands, such low running doesn't warrant a diesel vehicle to begin with.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 21:41   #9116
BHPian

Took delivery of XUV700 AX5 Automatic on September 27. And boy o boy it puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it. Have done 1200 kilometers in 10 days and will post a review when I get the time. Compared to my Virtus GT which is a great turbo petrol car, the XUV700 stands out as a car with character and poise.

Pros: very powerful engine, amazing handling dynamics for a 2 ton monocoque, fantastic instrument cluster, creamy smooth 6 speed torque converter, chiller AC, solid thud everywhere, no ICE niggles so far and supreme seating comfort for long distances.

Cons:
1) Initially there was a bit of torque steer(but was corrected with SAS calibration)
2) The oil dipstick showed incorrect level during PDI. It was well over max mark. On draining the oil completely there was only 6 liters of oil which is correct. I was personally present at ASC when they drained the oil to check levels. And no diesel smell. A manufacturing defect of the dipstick maybe?

Other than the above issues which was immediately fixed by CAI Mahindra Coimbatore, the car is a hoot and a half to drive. 110 kmph feels like 80 and 80 feels like 60. It’s that good. Will post a complete review as soon as I get some time.

Here are some pics:
The unveil
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0541.jpeg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0412.jpeg

The mandatory puja:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0402.jpeg

Ready to rock and roll:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0540.jpeg

Right from the process of booking till PDI and delivery, Mr. Rajesh from CAI Mahindra ensured everything went smooth. Also special thanks thanks to Mr. Mukundhan and Mr. Selva from the ASC service team who helped rectify the torque steer and engine oil level during first service. I’ve been to numerous dealerships during this entire process of choosing a car. I must say that the warmth I felt at the Mahindra dealership as well as at the ASC was a welcome turn compared to the cold attitude at German and Korean dealerships.

Will soon write a detailed review comparing the XUV700 to the Virtus GT.
true_sedan is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 13:39   #9117
BHPian

The XUV 700 now finds a place as an official vehicle in the Maharashtra Police (Akola Division).
P.s. Surprised though that they haven’t chosen the White colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3435.jpeg  

IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 18:27   #9118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
The just-launched facelift of Safari has added some new features & has upgraded ADAS & other features.

How does it compare with XUV700 in your opinion? And is XUV700 still a better buy today?
Had posted my thoughts in the Safari Harrier launch thread-

- XUV700 still feels like a better option, features like ventilated seats and powered tail gate are anyway rumoured in upcoming update
- The core which is the drive train is way ahead in the Mahindra. The two Tatas' have an edge in EV but even E8 is coming by next year end
- Design is the only thing which WAS superior with Tata cars, but this version has gone more sophisticated than butch, overall feels like a mishmash of Hyundai, MG and Tata. Pratap Bose not being with Tata is evident from the design updates
- If the Harrier steering hasn’t been updated this time around, then that’s one more area where XUV is preferred, and as before, still no petrol!
- Paddle shifter, powered tail gate and adaptive cruise control are the real useful additions in the two Tatas' but lane keep assist seems to be absent

This seems more like a design and feature upgrade rather than a complete overhaul. This may pull customers from MG, Hyundai, Jeep etc. Mahindra has nothing to worry. Maybe Tata will have one more update in 2024 with petrol engine, an EV option and Lane Keep Assist.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th October 2023 at 19:04. Reason: Post formatting. Kindly capitalize proper nouns.
sapien is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th October 2023, 21:37   #9119
BHPian

Hi all, just joined team bhp after over a decade of spending countless hours every day across many sub
forums and threads. Took delivery of of AX7L Midnight Black Dielsel on Thursday last week and have clocked close to 800 kms, including my weekly ritual of driving solo from home in E-City to Krishnagiri for morning drive and breakfast. Amazing vehicle!! Few obvious missing features but each time I drive it focus turns on what is good! Not planning to write a detailed review (we have enough on this thread), but would post likes and even better if ince I send it for first service.
SamDiablo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 23:02   #9120

Hi All, Has anyone faced tak-tak sound on the rear side towards fuel tank after driving the car for at least few kms and immediately after turning off the engine and in parking mode. It lasts for 3 to 4 secs and stops and feels as if someone knocking the car from outside. Mine is AX7 D AT variant and have driven about 10K. It's been there for quite some time but not bothered to get it checked. Just wondering if anyone has faced similar issue and manage to get it fixed. Thanks.
rs_cockpit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks