Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2023, 23:39   #8971

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi Fellow BHP Members,

This is my first post. I am sure many of you must have been in a similar dilemma as I am right now. Need few suggestions on the queries . I am looking to buy Petrol AX7 L after a lot of struggle in my mind and going through Seltos Facelift, MG Hector Plus Facelift , Invicto which is huge and just awesome thought Alpha + is way higher for my budget.

1. XUV 700 I have read lot of niggles on Adrenox and the overall car like DEF issues
2. Does not having Auto dimming IRVM cause problems during night driving. Even my 2016 Ciaz has some form of it.
3. Is AXL model music system better than AX7. Of course it has 12 which is know is better and that too Sony
4. For Mumbai traffic what does Petrol average look like. I have read 6-7 kmpl. My Ciaz AT gives better at 10-11
5. Waiting period is 30-32 weeks in Mumbai. Checked with multiple dealers. Any tips here for lower period or any particular dealer as I am looking to have it delivered in January on special occasion.

Thanks fellow members in advance and it will really help me for your advise.
Old 6th September 2023, 10:52   #8972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo_84 View Post
... I am looking to buy Petrol AX7L after a lot of struggle in my mind...

1. XUV 700 I have read lot of niggles on Adrenox and the overall car like DEF issues
2. Does not having Auto dimming IRVM cause problems during night driving. Even my 2016 Ciaz has some form of it.
3. Is AXL model music system better than AX7. Of course it has 12 which is know is better and that too Sony
4. For Mumbai traffic what does Petrol average look like. I have read 6-7 kmpl. My Ciaz AT gives better at 10-11
5. Waiting period is 30-32 weeks in Mumbai. Checked with multiple dealers. Any tips here for lower period or any particular dealer as I am looking to have it delivered in January on special occasion.
1. Yes, AdrenoX is buggy at times, but Mahindra is releasing software updates every few months. Still no official word on OTA updates, so service centre visits are a must. Also, since you mentioned your preference for a Petrol variant, DEF is not a concern in this regard, as it's for Diesel variants only.

2. Absence of the auto-dimming IRVM is definitely annoying, but you learn to live with it somehow. Also, with talk of newer variants of XUV 700 in the pipeline, guess a retrofit of the part from those in existing variants should be theoretically possible.

3. There is definitely the added benefit of a better-sounding system on the AX7L variant, though you can also install necessary modifications on the AX7.

4. Average in bumper-to-bumper Mumbai traffic can go down to 4 at times. On usual traffic days, 7-8 kmpl at best.

5. No proven way of reducing waiting period. Totally depends on dealer discretion. If you're lucky and depending on another customer not taking delivery, there are many cases of dealers allotting vehicles to people who are ready with their payment. Have an honest conversation with multiple dealers and tell them regarding your willingness to pay immediately if a car is available. In this case though, you might not get a choice colour always.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 14:12   #8973

Thanks IamNikhil for the prompt response. Really appreciate. 2 follow up questions
1. If we got for external sound system orang changes for IRVM the warranty doesn't get void ?
2. Any major issues I need to be wary of before going ahead ?
Old 6th September 2023, 17:51   #8974
BHPian

Quick Question to members.

I upgraded the software and got the Mappls update last week (31st Aug). Since then, twice I have got notification on Adrenox for 'Fuel Filled' and an entry shows up in the app. The first time this happened was at the ASC itself as the update completed. Second time, I saw the message today morning after I crossed a particular petrol station while driving to office.
To clarify, in the image below, 1st Sep is when I had refueled but not updated details on the app. SO the first entry is missing data entry. The next two entries shouldn't have been there at all.
Anyone else also faced this weird behaviour?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20230906_090632_adrenox-connect.jpg

Last edited by IvanBiv : 6th September 2023 at 17:54. Reason: Date Updates
IvanBiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:39   #8975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post

I upgraded the software and got the Mappls update last week (31st Aug). Since then, twice I have got notification on Adrenox for 'Fuel Filled' and an entry shows up in the app.
I have been afflicted by the same vexing problem twice, and it has only occurred after the most recent software upgrade (MAPPLS). Prior to that, I was unable to make an entry even when I replenished the fuel tank.
It has been nearly two years, and Mahindra is still grappling with unresolved software-related issues.
It appears that Mahindra may not be able to resolve these software issues without third-party assistance.
I believe that Mr. Anand Mahindra, the Big Boss, should consider issuing a recall to address all system and software-related issues with the help of third-party experts, as their in-house solutions seem to be inadequate for the task.

Quote:
Hi Fellow BHP Members,
It's your call: opt for peace of mind with other reliable brands, or roll the dice with the Mahindra XUV 700, known for some buggy issues. The choice is yours, and it all comes down to what you value most.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 6th September 2023 at 19:46. Reason: added few more lines
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:59   #8976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post

I upgraded the software and got the Mappls update last week (31st Aug). Since then, twice I have got notification on Adrenox for 'Fuel Filled' and an entry shows up in the app. The first time this happened was at the ASC itself as the update completed. Second time, I saw the message today morning after I crossed a particular petrol station while driving to office.
To clarify, in the image below, 1st Sep is when I had refueled but not updated details on the app. SO the first entry is missing data entry. The next two entries shouldn't have been there at all.

Attachment 2500118
Yes, not trusting the Fuel fill notifications from the car for a long time. Very erratic. I have been using the "Fuel Log" option in the With You Hamesha App. All the inputs are manual and it gives you realistic FE readings based on tank to tank method.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 21:13   #8977

Hi All -
Finally, the long-awaited call for the vehicle delivery came through - My XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT is on the way.

Needed some advice from this esteemed group.

1. No Claim Bonus - I have a car that I do not plan to sell. However, was hoping that I could take a new insurance and transfer the No Claim Bonus to XUV700. Any guidance on how it can be done (or can it be done?) would be helpful. Also, can an NCB refund be initiated for the current year, if I am able to get an NCB certificate?

2. Insurance - Any guidance on the typical insurance premium you have seen. The best offer I have from the dealer is for INR 68,000. Is it too high?

2. Accessories - The dealer has shared an accessory list. I was thinking of taking the following. Guidance on any other important accessory I should take and whether the prices look good / any dealer discount I should strive for would be very helpful (Floor Mats 3D/7D??).

A) Infotainment Screen Protector - INR 800
B) Mudflap Set - INR 800
C) Sidestep Set - INR 23990
D) Rear bumper protector (Design 3) - INR 7500

Thank you once again - Hope to have a great ride as part of the XUV700ers group!
Old 7th September 2023, 07:06   #8978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
Hi All -
Finally, the long-awaited call for the vehicle delivery came through - My XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT is on the way.

1. No Claim Bonus - I have a car that I do not plan to sell. However, was hoping that I could take a new insurance and transfer the No Claim Bonus to XUV700. Any guidance on how it can be done (or can it be done?) would be helpful. Also, can an NCB refund be initiated for the current year, if I am able to get an NCB certificate?

2. Insurance - Any guidance on the typical insurance premium you have seen. The best offer I have from the dealer is for INR 68,000. Is it too high?

2. Accessories - The dealer has shared an accessory list. I was thinking of taking the following. Guidance on any other important accessory I should take and whether the prices look good / any dealer discount I should strive for would be very helpful (Floor Mats 3D/7D??).

C) Sidestep Set - INR 23990
D) Rear bumper protector (Design 3) - INR 7500

You need to contact the insurance provider/agent of your existing car. They can easily initiate the procedure for NCB transfer. This is a pretty easy affair. You may need to pay the balance insurance premium amount for your existing car, when you opt out of NCB.

In my case, it was AX7L D AT AWD ( ex-showroom rate: ₹.25,47,499, IDV: ₹.24,44,325\- ) insurance came about ₹.60,755\-. I believe there is still room to haggle in case of the insurance premium. I got the showroom to match the outside quote. What's the ex-showroom rate of your vehicle?

As for accessories, the Sidestep set is not at all necessary, I have aged parents and till now nobody complained, pls try it out with your family whether you need it at all. Rear bumper, I opted for it, but would suggest you to opt out as it is a safety issue and against the law.

Went with the dealer-provided 3D mats, it is a bit costly, but you can get much cheaper options online. Bought the screen protector online, yet to install it.
Vasuki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 09:21   #8979

Thank you for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
You need to contact the insurance provider/agent of your existing car. They can easily initiate the procedure for NCB transfer. This is a pretty easy affair. You may need to pay the balance insurance premium amount for your existing car, when you opt out of NCB.
I reached out to my previous insurance agent. He maintains that one has to sell the car and only then an NCB can be issued. Would you know whether a post date reimbursement would work if I produce NCB certificate later?

Quote:
In my case, it was AX7L D AT AWD ( ex-showroom rate: ₹.25,47,499, IDV: ₹.24,44,325\- ) insurance came about ₹.60,755\-. I believe there is still room to haggle in case of the insurance premium. I got the showroom to match the outside quote. What's the ex-showroom rate of your vehicle?
My IDV is around INR 21L. I was quoted 68K by Royal Sundaram. Could you share the name of your insurer?

Quote:
As for accessories, the Sidestep set is not at all necessary, I have aged parents and till now nobody complained, pls try it out with your family whether you need it at all. Rear bumper, I opted for it, but would suggest you to opt out as it is a safety issue and against the law.

Went with the dealer-provided 3D mats, it is a bit costly, but you can get much cheaper options online. Bought the screen protector online, yet to install it.
My wife and mom are on the shorter side - However, this is very helpful advice. Will take her to the showroom and then decide whether to get it issued rather than rush on this decision. Will not opt for Rear bumper protection (if it is illegal - have seen many such cars in Bangalore though)

Really appreciate you taking out time to respond.
Old 7th September 2023, 10:31   #8980
BHPian

Quote:
I reached out to my previous insurance agent. He maintains that one has to sell the car and only then an NCB can be issued. Would you know whether a post date reimbursement would work if I produce NCB certificate later?
A few months back, I was able to transfer an NCB without selling the car. Had to pay a small fee for the NCB issuance, forgot the exact amount.

Opted for the insurance for the new vehicle, from the old provider itself, and was pretty much a hassle free process. The dealership, of course tried to dissuade outside insurance, but were not very adamant about it.

New India was the provider. I guess the general rules should be the same accross the companies. Do try another agent.
crdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 10:45   #8981
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your response.

My IDV is around INR 21L. I was quoted 68K by Royal Sundaram. Could you share the name of your insurer?

My wife and mom are on the shorter side - However, this is very helpful advice. Will take her to the showroom and then decide whether to get it issued rather than rush on this decision. Will not opt for Rear bumper protection (if it is illegal - have seen many such cars in Bangalore though)

Really appreciate you taking out time to respond.
Write to your insurance company stating you want to reclaim the NCB(Specifically use the word " NCB Reclaim"). They will issue a NCB certificate, once you pay the difference amount(discount on existing NCB). I didn't really understand the second part of your question. BTW NCB reclaim is a straightforward process, as per my friend who is an insurance agent.

I went with IFFCO-TOKIO, which was referred by the dealer.

As of now, I'm using the rear bumper guard, which basically helps us from the small jabs of two-wheelers in traffic. But they say it is not legal perse, even though it is sold from the authorized Mahindra dealer. DO enquire at your area/RTO.
Vasuki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 11:41   #8982
BHPian

Quote:
1. If we got for external sound system or changes for IRVM the warranty doesn't get void ?
2. Any major issues I need to be wary of before going ahead ?
1. Sound system mods are common and do not void warranty. By adding subs or speakers, you are essentially only upgrading the existing sound system.

2. Haven't encountered anything major yet; but the spate of niggles in itself is annoying frankly. Prepare yourself for that.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 15:08   #8983
BHPian

I would like to request 700 owners not to opt for the 10.27.61 version software update.

XUV700 AX7L DL AT bought by a friend in Feb-2023 (8000kms done) went for the wiring recall. The advisor suggested to get the software updated as a new one was released. After the update, the car locks the gearbox and many telltale lights glow up. Everything was fine with the old software. So be careful. Now to drive, he has to start twice. On the 2nd attempt, he has to quickly change gears from P to D to avoid the gear lock.

The worst part is that he was handed the car while it was ON. Upon reaching home in the evening, the issue was found.
I wonder how can Mahindra release software without proper testing. The basic motive of owning a car is transport and this 10.27.61 software version denies that.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230906-23.04.12-1.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230906-23.04.12-2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230906-23.04.12-3.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230906-23.04.12-4.jpeg  

Last edited by keeprevving : 7th September 2023 at 15:13.
keeprevving is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 15:24   #8984
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Got delivery of our AX5 diesel in June last year. I am still waiting on the rear sequential indicators (ours is one from the last batches that is still getting them). The dealer still says they haven't received them from Mahindra and they shall call us when the indicators are available. Anybody else who is still waiting or should I escalate now? Where do I escalate? Our dealer is Harbir, Panchkula.
Update:
  1. Finally got the sequential indicators installed last week. Probably the last of the AX5s to get this feature before Mahindra decided to remove it from AX5 variant.
  1. The Mappis maps are not working properly after the update. It is a blank screen always. Needs a visit again it seems.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 15:30   #8985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
I would like to request 700 owners not to opt f
I wonder how can Mahindra release software without proper testing. The basic motive of owning a car is transport and this 10.27.61 software version denies that.
I think here Mahindra has beaten Apple with their patchy software updates ! Just like how the initial big releases of iOS are messed up, I can say the same thing here. Sans the issue & the risk factor and amplified many folds!

It takes me by surprise at the kinda carelessness of Mahindra for the their flagship product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks