Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 22:59   #8941
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

If you're contemplating an update for the Mahindra XUV 700, here's my experience with it following the recent MAPPLS update:
  1. Despite recent updates, the system remains buggy. As a premium Adrenox subscriber, I can't enjoy music due to poor VI network, and even when it works, there are lot of ads, raising questions about the subscription's value.
  2. Apple CarPlay in the Mahindra XUV 700 is highly glitchy, unlike its smooth operation in Maruti, Toyota, Kia, Tata, and other cars. Despite numerous updates, Mahindra has not yet achieved a flawless experience and is far away from perfection.
  3. The Sony premium sound system performs flawlessly with Alexa music, delivering excellent sound quality. However, it falls short when used with Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth, where the sound quality is disappointing/ very very poor. This issue appears to be unique to Mahindra vehicles and hasn't been experienced in my other cars.
  4. Unwanted apps clutter the system like Zomato, Weather, and all other apps. Mahindra should offer the option to remove them to free up space.
  5. Internet connectivity is inconsistent. Sometimes it's active for Mapples and weather, but Alexa remains unresponsive. Alexa will never get fixed by Mahindra.
  6. Mahindra, please allow us to install apps like JioSaavn or Gaana for direct music playback, bypassing Alexa's issues.
  7. I'd be willing to pay extra for a software fix. Compared to more affordable Maruti cars, my XUV 700 has been more hassle than it's worth. Cars costing 7 lakhs provide a more hassle-free experience compared to the 27 lakhs car.
  8. Fuel efficiency settings have gone awry after the recent update, resetting without refueling.
Even if Mr. Anand Mahindra himself drove an XUV700, I'm certain he'd be frustrated and might contemplate banging his head against the head unit due to the Adrenox screen's daily quirks.
I hope he is reading this post, as he could potentially spearhead a major recall to address these issues at the earliest.

Photo of advertisements in between while playing music through Alexa(Jio Savan). I was unable to click the clear picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230830-22.50.25.jpeg  

rpmmachine is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 23:46   #8942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Thanks for the quick revert. I’m coming more from the shaking I get while using the G890 as a rear view mirror with display off which makes it difficult to focus on the vehicles on screen. The videos seem to be ok, will try and post a few clips.
I see. If it exists, it has missed my attention so far. I'll be more observant tomorrow.
Old 31st August 2023, 16:22   #8943
BHPian

Has anyone tried any door edge protectors on your car? I somehow did not like the Mahindra door rubber lining, and my car is white. Can any of you help?
Old 31st August 2023, 17:39   #8944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Thanks for the quick revert. I’m coming more from the shaking I get while using the G890 as a rear view mirror with display off which makes it difficult to focus on the vehicles on screen. The videos seem to be ok, will try and post a few clips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
I see. If it exists, it has missed my attention so far. I'll be more observant tomorrow.
I dont see any vibration issues. The silicone straps are tight over the OEM IRVM and the OEM IRVM ball-socket (I think) joint is tight and holds its position despite the load of the dashcam. It vibrates a bit - momentarily - when passive over bad ruble strips or spotty-broken tarmac (which is most of Bangalore's roads), but I dont see any more vibrations than what I had with the OEM IRVM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Has anyone tried any door edge protectors on your car? I somehow did not like the Mahindra door rubber lining, and my car is white. Can any of you help?
I use this one on my red Magnite. I think it looks good - mostly inconspicuous - and does its job better than those spot-stickers.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08X2PVHRR/

Not sure if it comes in white.
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 17:48   #8945
adu
BHPian

Quote:
I dont see any vibration issues. The silicone straps are tight over the OEM IRVM and the OEM IRVM ball-socket (I think) joint is tight and holds its position despite the load of the dashcam. It vibrates a bit - momentarily - when passive over bad ruble strips or spotty-broken tarmac (which is most of Bangalore's roads), but I dont see any more vibrations than what I had with the OEM IRVM.
Thanks. I may need to see if I can tighten the IRVM ball-socket to reduce the vibrations.
Old 31st August 2023, 18:03   #8946
BHPian

Quote:
I use this one on my red Magnite. I think it looks good - mostly inconspicuous - and does its job better than those spot-stickers.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08X2PVHRR/

Not sure if it comes in white.
Thanks, Transmission looks decent - but a bit concerned about how this would go on to my White car, do you have pictures of ones on your magnite?

Found a white color of the same, very curious to see if this would blend well with the color. c
Old 31st August 2023, 21:09   #8947
BHPian

Struck with a new niggle.

Mine is AX7L equipped with dual zone climate control and my left AC knob is struck at 'Hi'. The power ON/OFF switch is working along with the led indicator, but twist the temperature control and nothing happens. Luckily left is the secondary one and so it is not affecting my daily usage but the issue is really concerning. Tried searching online, but no one has faced such an issue before. I wish the niggle to be something with the knob only and not related to the entire HVAC unit.

Another reason to visit the SC !

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230831-1.09.42-pm.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230831-1.11.31-pm.jpeg
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 22:38   #8948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Struck with a new niggle.

Mine is AX7L equipped with dual zone climate control and my left AC knob is struck at 'Hi'
Have you updated the software for the Dual Zone Aircon? It's worth giving it a shot if you haven't. Hope you get your issue fixed soon. The XUV700 is a gem that keeps giving and giving. . . niggles.after niggles
wadewilson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 23:51   #8949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Have you updated the software for the Dual Zone Aircon?
Was there any update specific for Dual Zone Aircon ? Not sure if I missed something.

I had done the mapples update sometime back and seems the issue cropped up after that.
Old 1st September 2023, 08:30   #8950

Try using the screen to change temp setting.
Click on the temp displayed, then an AC setting page should open up. From there you can adjust temp and also switch off dual zone.
Old 1st September 2023, 08:59   #8951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Was there any update specific for Dual Zone Aircon ? Not sure if I missed something.

I had done the mapples update sometime back and seems the issue cropped up after that.
I don't know about you but my Aircon was running 2 versions old software. I updated it the last time I went. I had no idea these things also got updates. You could give this a try.

Regarding the issue cropping up after the Mapple update - it might be that the software wasn't flashed properly. Try asking them to flash the same again. Maybe a cache issue with some older files conflicting with the newer ones.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 16:07   #8952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
If you're contemplating an update for the Mahindra XUV 700, here's my experience with it following the recent MAPPLS update
When my Adrenox subscription expired, they asked me ~4K IIRC. I didn't go with it due to lack of stable connectivity, and all the bugs you mentioned. Such a shame.
buzzy_boy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 17:51   #8953
BHPian

My friend had book diesel top end and although he had already waited for long time, cancelled his booking. He is not comfortable with niggles and particularly the ones with Infotainment unit he had been hearing (browses TBHP a lot).

Kia Seltos with ADAS and panoramic roof turned it in its favour since he expects it to be little mature in electronics. Maybe I aided his decision a bit !

Its been a long time and Mahindra should have had a pretty stable product by now.
PreludeSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 20:18   #8954
BHPian

Yesterday, I learned that 'relay replacement' recall is still pending for my AX7 P AT, and the service center is a bit unsure about when they will get the relay. Does anyone know what the relay replacement is supposed to do? By any chance, is it to do with jitter/spark noise some people reported from behind the steering column? Checking as the location and the possibility of a relay causing such a noise.

It looks like my car, from Nov 2021, do not have the ECU cover or O-ring recalls. Does anyone know why would it be so?
Old 2nd September 2023, 08:27   #8955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
My friend had book diesel top end and although he had already waited for long time, cancelled his booking. He is not comfortable with niggles and particularly the ones with Infotainment unit he had been hearing (browses TBHP a lot).
Kia Seltos with ADAS and panoramic roof turned it in its favour since he expects it to be little mature in electronics.
It is a commendable decision, and I strongly recommend that prospective buyers refrain from making a purchase until Mr. Anand Mahindra initiates the recall for the buggy infotainment system.

It's crucial for prospective buyers to take into account the unresolved issues faced by current XUV700 owners.
Those contemplating the purchase of an unfinished product should do so wisely, as investing nearly 30 lakhs can lead to considerable mental distress.

I strongly advise against purchasing the Adrenox subscription. I've been unable to make use of the Adrenox subscription for the past two years, and it's about to expire soon. It has undeniably proven to be a regrettable waste of both the subscription and money.
rpmmachine is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks