Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2023, 11:01   #8911
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Back in March, I bought a Ventilated Seat cushion from Amazon. I liked it but the inexistence of a power socket at the front in XUV700 meant I could only use it in my Linea.

Came across the MGA charging socket extender and placed an order through Maruti website in April, but gave up tracking it after a month of waiting.

I forgot about it till I got a call yesterday that it's finally in stock. It was supposed to be picked-up from the showroom, but the parts guy was very courteous and home delivered it after his work shift!

100% Absolute VFM at just ₹399/-
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230826_184855.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230826_184902.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230826_184913.jpg

It is 3 meters long and the wire is thick. It can easily extend from the back charging socket upto the front left passenger seat, so I'm sure anyone can use it with a good quality portable tyre inflator too.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230826_184934.jpg

Although the contours get affected due to the thickness of ventilated seat cushion, its better on my XUVs front seats compared to the Linea.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230827_104219.jpg

Overall it should be helpful in our tropical climate.

(P.S. : I'm not associated with the seat cushion seller. I'm guessing you'll likely get generic branded seats locally for a lower price.)
GrammarNazi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 12:43   #8912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
This will not work because the car has a micro SD port and the wireless cards are full SD size.

But theoretically, something like this should work. This is basically a micro SD card extender. Then again, using cheap USB peripherals often brick the sensitive electronics and not sure if M&M's silverbox can take this abuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
This would be really interesting if a WiFi micro SD card would work. I will try and do some more digging around this.
Cheers!
I just assumed that if there is a wifi SD card then there should be a wifi micro SD card as well. But can't find it any where. I think Mahindra has gone to great lengths to stop us from easily accessing the recordings
Old 27th August 2023, 14:53   #8913
BHPian

Vehicle is AX7L D AWD

Complaints :

1. Stopped accessing Alexa + Amazon Music, since it always leads to disappointment. Curse the top management for going with Vi.

2. The powered OVRMS has stopped working, no more tilting or adjusting it seems. Yeah, the open/close function of OVRM works.

3. The wireless charger is not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post

Got it, mine is an AX5 P AT model so its clear that the higher models with factory installed rear view camera work fine. I called my service advisor with this information, and he said that since i got the rear view camera installed form the showroom as an accessory maybe the software adjustment was not done properly.
No such issue here. Thankfully it works smoothly as of now. Touchwood. I would suggest you to give enough time for the bootup sequence to complete. Dividie it into 3 parts, first get in and wait for the 1st sequnce, then press start/stop button and wait for the next sequence( you can use this time to belt up, adjust mirrors e.t.c.) , now press the brake pedal and fire the start button. This steps is for the automatic version.

I sincerely hope to get all my niggles sorted and updates done in the coming 10K service in 2 weeks time.

Last edited by Vasuki : 27th August 2023 at 15:02.
Old 27th August 2023, 20:21   #8914
BHPian

Just now faced an issue with Android Auto. Google assistant failed to launch with the error "Voice command currently not available". I was able to quickly fix the issue though. I checked for app updates on my phone and there was an update available for the "Google" app. Updated that and restarted AA and voice assistant was back again.
Old 27th August 2023, 21:36   #8915
BHPian

Recently, I had the opportunity to visit the Mahindra service center (Punj Mahindra Hoshiarpur) for a recall "Coolant outlet pipe O-ring Replacement".

A heartfelt thank you to Mahindra for their proactive recall initiatives, prioritizing car owners' safety. While some manufacturers (Maruti, Hyundai) quietly address issues without recall, Mahindra's official recalls ensure transparency and accountability. Their commitment, despite the cost, deserves our appreciation.

During my recent visit to the service center for a Mapple update, I noticed that a recall for the coolant outlet pipe O-ring replacement was recorded in their system. Surprisingly, I never received any official recall notice from Mahindra regarding this specific part replacement.

Upon arriving at the service center today, I was impressed with the initial efficiency of the process. A job card was swiftly opened, and the staff appeared well-prepared to handle the recall service. To my surprise, my car was the first one in that particular service center for this particular recall (maybe for the technicians present on Sunday), a testament to Mahindra's proactive approach to addressing potential issues.

However, as the process unfolded, I encountered a few unexpected challenges. Firstly, for safety reasons, I was not allowed to stand in the immediate vicinity where the repair work was being conducted. While I understand the importance of safety measures, this meant that I couldn't observe the process firsthand, which left me with some uncertainty.
The real hiccup in the service experience was the difficulty the technicians faced in locating the exact part that needed replacement. It took them almost an hour to identify the problematic component. This delay was somewhat frustrating, and it highlighted the importance of comprehensive training for service personnel. It might be beneficial for Mahindra to provide instructional videos or detailed guides to assist technicians in such situations.
Once the faulty part was located, the replacement process itself proved to be quite challenging. It consumed nearly five hours of time at the service centre, which was longer than I had expected. Given that there were very few cars in the service centre that day, and all were on appointment, the lengthy duration of my visit was unexpected.
During this extended wait, I took the opportunity to document the job through photographs, I was not allowed to click pictures but I have requested to be allowed to click pictures of my car only. While this may not be necessary in most cases, it provided me with a sense of reassurance given the unique circumstances.
One concern that has lingered in my mind since the service visit is the coolant level in my car. After the job was completed, I noticed that the coolant level was significantly above the recommended "high" mark.
If you've had a similar experience or have advice on how to address the coolant level concern, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Instead of seeing recalls negatively, it's important to acknowledge that they are an essential part of responsible car manufacturing. Mahindra's dedication to addressing potential issues ensures a safer and more reliable driving experience for all its customers. Let's applaud their efforts in keeping us safe on the road.

Few pictures of the Job:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0525.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0526.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0527.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0528.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0529.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0544.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0545.jpg

Coolant Lever above high mark:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0557.jpg

Few pictures of another XUV 700 awaiting repairs outside the service center:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0530.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0532.jpg
rpmmachine is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 22:26   #8916
Senior - BHPian

"Coolant outlet pipe O-ring Replacement", sounds like the o-ring at the coolant reservoir outlet hose, but by the pics it seems like the o-ring at the EGR Valve!

I think very few XUVs would've covered the distance to require EGR Valve removal & cleaning - which is actually a fairly long drawn job. IIRC This used to be a 2.5 hour, ~₹4000/- labour job by a good mechanic at the ASC for my 1.3L Linea MJD, that too ~5 years back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
...Coolant Level above high mark:

Attachment 2496189
Often after working around the radiator / coolant hoses, when the engine is cranked and driven around, pressure builds and the coolant level could drop as it circulates around and flow through the hoses that were drained, so mechanics may overfill the coolant by a small margin and advise the user to keep a check on the level for a few kilometres & refill if the level reduces.

Did you check the level after reaching home ?

If the level is still far too much above the max mark, then either have some coolant siphoned & removed at the SVC, or if you're far away from the SVC - wait for the engine to cool down, open the cap and use a rubber suction bulb to drain-out some coolant into a bottle.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 27th August 2023 at 22:42.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 03:14   #8917
BHPian

Vi network is starting to get into my nerves with its poor connectivity in the city or outskirts, it's as if it doesn't exist at all.

Anyone aware of the ruling on network portability? When we can do it for our numbers, why can't we do it for these kinda IoT?

I feel like filing a formal petition or something to amend rules to let us select the network we want or make a switch if a rule doesn't already exist. We've basically been forced to use an unstable and dead network far too long and have gotten used to tolerating. 30L car and we already face so many issues with the buggy software and various other concerns and then we have this one more network issue to ignore...
Smartomotive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 10:38   #8918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Upon locking/unlocking the car, many brands offer a feature where all windows roll up/down (like XUV700 has sunroof and driver side window upon long press of lock/unlock button on the key). I enquired from my SA when I took the delivery of my car back in Jan, he was clueless. Mahindra M2all did show a component but it does not show up any more. I am reluctant to go to accessories shop, I do not want these shops to tamper with the electronics, unless it is a tried and tested shop and person.
With the level of electronic and software control in the XUV700, I am pretty sure that no ASC would be ready to do this mod for you. I could not convince my ASC to fit a simple boot light by drawing a cable from the battery terminals. I was told that they have very strict instructions from M&M not to fiddle with the electrical circuit.

What you desire would require a modification in the ECU software. The ECU would sent an electronic signal to all the four doors to roll-up or down. I remember seeing this in the early version of the VW Vento.

You should talk with the co-tek of your dealership or ASC and see if he is willing to undertake the job.
Old 28th August 2023, 12:36   #8919

My first post here

About my aerawat - Dwayne Johnson in a white suit.

First some introductions.

I am Vishal, living in ghaziabad, working as a senior product manager for one of the large US Healthcare firms. My family includes myself, wifey and 10 year old boy who has more interest in cars than me, he can proudly identify ANY car on indian roads including facelifts / variants etc. and a super naughty 6 year old daughter.

Drove wagon-R for about 65,000 kms since 2012 till 2017 but when daughter was born, our weekend outings made us realise that we need a bigger car so got myself a dzire facelift in 2017. Drove it for another 6 years and clocked 70,000 kms before that first teaser of XUV700 came out, and what a trap that was

For contemplating for more than a year, we finally booked the AX7 petrol manual in may 2023 with Jai Kumar Arun Kumar meerut, and then the wait begins.

We were always in two minds to pick up the AX7 or AX7L but somehow was not convinced on the extra ~4 lakhs being charged for the extra features.

However, a month into the booking, we figured that purchases like this are done once in a lifetime and should be given due considerations.

A few calls to few friends and we were convinced that we needed the AX7, primarily due to three reasons.

1. 360 degree camera - a must have if you live in NCR and travel to noida and delhi
2. ADAS - the highway drives are not the same once you get used to ADAS even if you are a habitual cruise user
3. Blind view and speakers (I know they are not the best in class)

We called up our SA and he was kind enough to take in the request. Then it came down to color. I had booked the Midnight black but was fine with white as well, whichever gets delivered first.

The SA was super helpful and I got the car delivered on 28th July, AX7L petrol white color. The sales experience was immensly smooth.

I got my 1000 kms service done yesterday, 27th August, and have clocked 1200kms till now and boy what a dream this beast is.

First the obvious - in city, I am getting a FE of 8-9 kmpl and on highway, it touches 12-13, which I am very pleased with.

The kids love the sunroof and alexa. Have never faced an issue apart from alexa sometimes being not available, but not a deal breaker since Android Auto works like a charm with samsung.

The wireless charger charges slow as compared to what AA drains the battery so have to go wired for charging.

The beast is hungry for you to floor the pedal and gives you the punch at the slightest hint of you accelerating.

It is no doubt a head turner, and the DRLs bring a smile everytime I park it and look back.

Accessories I took from Mahindra-
1. Floor mats - mahindra genuine ones are decent
2. Side step - for kids and parents, it is a must have if you have folks with short built
3. Screen guard - I took the matte one to eliminate glares
4. Rear bumper guard - knowing how well mannered NCR auto and e-rickshaw drivers are, this is a MUST HAVE
5. Rain visors
6. Illuminated scuff plates

Accesories I got aftermarket -
1. Bumper corner - 500/-
2. Steering wrap - 700/-
3. Side beading - 1400/-
4. Dustbin from park+ - 55/-
5. Tissue box holder - 249/-

Overall, I would like to humble bow down to all contributors of this thread who pool in their knowledge everyday and helped me a lot at various steps, like booking decision, PDI, vehicle maintenance etc.

I would like to be of help and willing to answer any questions to the best of my capabilities.

Thanks a lot, happy motoring!!

vishalscorpion is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 15:56   #8920
BHPian

Mahindra has fixed the problem of AT Diesel XUV700 holding onto 2nd gear and not shifting fast enough to 3rd gear. I had sent my car for the software upgrade and front suspension noise arm replacement for my XUV700 Diesel AWD AX7 AT a week back and they have done something but haven't explicitly mentioned it. My car has done about 6000km.

Now the mileage in Bangalore has improved a lot. i used to get like 8.5 in city and now its up to 10.5 in peak traffic... I find it a nice improvement in the drive experience due to this issue as the car always bugged me.

Not sure if others have seen this change yet. Hopefully this is not a one off just for me :-)
Old 28th August 2023, 15:58   #8921
BHPian

Dear BHPians, a new day, a new issue with my XUV700 Can anyone else confirm if they've also faced the same and whether the issue has been resolved?

Issue:
  • Grinding sound from wheels while driving - However it goes away and comes back some days. It seems like the car is not fully releasing the brake. Maybe an issue with the Parking Brake or Software glitch? After a full restart, i.e. keeping car off whole night and then driving next day, the issue goes away. I'm at a loss as to what the issue might be.
Old 28th August 2023, 19:34   #8922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
Mahindra has fixed the problem of AT Diesel XUV700 holding onto 2nd gear and not shifting fast enough to 3rd gear. I had sent my car for the software upgrade and front suspension noise arm replacement for my XUV700 Diesel AWD AX7 AT a week back and they have done something but haven't explicitly mentioned it. My car has done about 6000km.

Now the mileage in Bangalore has improved a lot. i used to get like 8.5 in city and now its up to 10.5 in peak traffic... I find it a nice improvement in the drive experience due to this issue as the car always bugged me.

Not sure if others have seen this change yet. Hopefully this is not a one off just for me :-)
I am surprised to hear this. A lot of people I know who have the update have reported no change. In fact even the CoTeks I know mentioned that there is no TCM update with this bundle to change the behaviour.

Its weird how its not holding on to 2 gear, that is lockup clutch engaging in the TC and it won't engage till the criteria is met and M&M always tunes its GB for power on tap than for FE. This would be a fundamental change, if at all this has happened !!!

Will wait for others to comment
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 21:09   #8923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Dear BHPians, a new day, a new issue with my XUV700 Can anyone else confirm if they've also faced the same and whether the issue has been resolved?

Issue:
  • Grinding sound from wheels while driving - However it goes away and comes back some days. It seems like the car is not fully releasing the brake. Maybe an issue with the Parking Brake or Software glitch? After a full restart, i.e. keeping car off whole night and then driving next day, the issue goes away. I'm at a loss as to what the issue might be.
I hear such a sound when I release the foot brake ever so slowly while cutting across the traffic. It kind of feels like as though the entire disc has rusted and it is vintage car that I am driving.
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 21:48   #8924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I hear such a sound when I release the foot brake ever so slowly while cutting across the traffic. It kind of feels like as though the entire disc has rusted and it is vintage car that I am driving.
Thank you for the response. I'm guessing it has something to do with that as well. They had "cleaned" the brake rotors during my last visit since they said that the rotors seem to have developed rust. I'll have them check out the disc brake components next time I visit.

I want to add that: during the extraction of the brake rotors, they kept the car on accessory mode while taking it off. Their reasoning that if the turn off the car then the Electronic Parking Brake mechanism will extend to such an extent in the rear that fitting rotors back won't be possible. Car was on accessory mode whole 2-3 hours and then battery died. The electric parking brake's mechanism popped out and then had to spend several hours trying to get that mechanism back inside. I'm now wondering if that might have something to do with it. Although, that was several months back and this grinding noise issue occured only from last week. I guess I can rule out that possibility but I just wanted to put it out there.

Last edited by wadewilson : 28th August 2023 at 21:49.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 01:22   #8925

Is there anyway to Change the Default Drive Mode for XUV700

Hi There

I own a XUV700 AX7 D

We live in NCR region and majority of the daily commute is within city boundaries. As most of you already know that the default mode is ZAP. However, I find that in ZIP the drive is much softer and it seems to have a positive impact on the mileage (not really stress tested the mileage aspect but it seems like it is better). So it is become almost a ritual to manually set the drive mode everytime we start the vehicle. This seems like a redundant think... is there a way to change the "DEFAULT" drive mode to "ZIP" and only when I need to hit the highway etc I switch the drive move to ZAP or ZOOM (as needed)?

Let me know if anyone has found a way to do it.

Cheers
DG

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks