Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2023, 15:42   #8986
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Anyone else also faced this weird behaviour?

Attachment 2500118
I have seen this issue couple of times in the previous versions too. By any chance the fuel pump is on the way to your commute? May be a traffic jam would have got misunderstood as fuel stop. not sure how this logic works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Update:
  1. The Mappis maps are not working properly after the update. It is a blank screen always. Needs a visit again it seems.
Have exact same issue. Need to recheck if by any chance it recovered. Never used the Mappis.

Last edited by gkrishn : 7th September 2023 at 15:43.
Old 7th September 2023, 16:06   #8987
BHPian

Quote:
Quick Question to members.

I upgraded the software and got the Mappls update last week (31st Aug). Since then, twice I have got notification on Adrenox for 'Fuel Filled' and an entry shows up in the app. The first time this happened was at the ASC itself as the update completed. Second time, I saw the message today morning after I crossed a particular petrol station while driving to office.
To clarify, in the image below, 1st Sep is when I had refueled but not updated details on the app. SO the first entry is missing data entry. The next two entries shouldn't have been there at all.

Attachment 2500118
I am facing the exact same issue since day 1 of purchasing the vehicle, which was in March 2022. I then manually delete wrong entries and fill data into the correct one. I have learnt to live with it since MASS is not able to resolve it. The service team isnt technically competent to resolve such issues. I think Mahindra needs a separate dedicated trained person or a small team across all the service stations to cater to only software issues being faced by the customers.
Old 7th September 2023, 20:41   #8988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
I would like to request 700 owners not to opt for the 10.27.61 version software update.
Went in today for the wiring harness recall and got the update done too; same ver. (AX7L D AT). No issues so far! The process was just about 90 minutes. Sat in the car the whole time. After the update through the USB, I did notice that one of the tell tale signs did show on the MID. Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_2446.jpeg

When I brought it to the COTEK’s attention he said, that after the update, the laptop needs to get connected to flash the silver box, post which this error would be resolved. And he was right! No errors there after! In fact the below bugs also got resolved

A. During Spotify, the google maps voice alert would be very low as it would not lower the music volume unless it was set to 15. And now whatever the level of the audio is, during GMAPS navigation, it will lower the volume during a voice alert.

B. Earlier whenever the infotainment was turned on, it would default to radio with high volume in spite of the audio setting was muted for radio and default audio source set to Bluetooth in user profile. I would have to manually mute radio every time. Post the update, behaviour has been corrected.

I have yet to check for one more issue…. Every time I ask Siri to dial a contact, the music volume would not lower during the command but would shoot up just before connecting the call. I had stopped giving Siri any commands. WIll check on this tomorrow.

I did check out the MAPPLS update, not happy with the UI…. Many missing features…. For one it took a to of time for the GPS to get signal and was intermittent when it did…. There is no “tap to retry” like in GMAPS on your phone…. You would have to go back to the previous screen and select location again… Decided not to waste any more time on MAPPLS as I am always on Carplay!

Not sure if there was any improvement in the infamous shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. It felt it was quicker to upshift but sometimes it felt the same as earlier of taking time to upshift.

But have observed on strange behaviour. I always drive withe MID displaying Fuel information such as Range and Average which has never been above 9+/- Km/l. Today when I started back from the service centre, average displayed was about 8.4 km/l, and with one Km I noticed it increased to 9km/l which in Mumbai traffic it would never increase this rapidly and by the time I reached home it had got to 11.1 km/l! And the stranges part was that at traffic lights when the car is stationary, it would increase by 0.1 every few seconds! I called up my SA on the strange behaviour, and he said it would normalise soon!

So while there may be some niggles, for my use case, it seems to be niggle free so far and better than the previous versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Update:
  1. The Mappis maps are not working properly after the update. It is a blank screen always. Needs a visit again it seems.
Not a blank screen, but not the best UI in my opinion.

Quote:
Quick Question to members.
I have got notification on Adrenox for 'Fuel Filled' and an entry shows up in the app.
This used to happen once in a while, although in the much older versions hasn’t happened since the previous version.

Mahindra knows how to keep things interesting every time! Else how would we reach 600 pages for this thread / post!
But overall I have been super happy with the vehicle and service team at the Goregaon, Mumbai workshop!
Cheers!
Vashanis is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 20:44   #8989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
I have seen this issue couple of times in the previous versions too. By any chance the fuel pump is on the way to your commute? May be a traffic jam would have got misunderstood as fuel stop.
There were fuel pumps close by, but no traffic jams/stoppages. IN any case, the first time this occured was when I was in teh Customer Lounge of the ASC and the software update was just completed probably. So pretty erratic notifications really.

On another note, I have found the Mappls integrated online maps to be much better / accurate than the previous MMI offline version. Still the VI esim kills the fun out of this update. By the time the network connects and map positions the location, one would have covered quite some distance already from the trip starting position!
Old 8th September 2023, 10:13   #8990
BHPian

Last week I had sent my vehicle for the wiring harness recall and subsequently updated the software to the latest version i.e 10.27.62. Well to my surprise the update has fixed a lot of bugs which were occurring on the previous versions.

Connectivity of Apple Carplay has greatly improved and now it connects instantly even before the home screen of adrenox loads up.

Alexa response speed has also improved by a great margin and now playing music via alexa is much faster.

Tried the new MAPPLS map and found no bugs in its operation yet and scrolling through different menus & transitions on the driver side display has become tender smooth, which was not the case before. The projection of apple maps on the driver side display is also working as per expected.

While on Carplay change in temperature while on auto mode would not get displayed but now that has been taken care off which is a great relief.

Major changes were observed in the overall audio quality irrespective of which source you are playing it, the sound feels punchy, lively and crisp. Btw, I own AX7 so the owners having L will have even better immersive experience.

Will post an update in case of any other observations .
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 14:23   #8991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
Tried the new MAPPLS map and found no bugs in its operation yet and scrolling through different menus & transitions on the driver side display has become tender smooth, which was not the case before. The projection of apple maps on the driver side display is also working as per expected.
How do you project apple maps on to the driver side display?
Old 8th September 2023, 18:05   #8992

Hey, did you get an answer to this?
Old 8th September 2023, 19:47   #8993
BHPian

Quote:
updated the software to the latest version i.e 10.27.62. Well to my surprise the update has fixed a lot of bugs which were occurring on the previous versions.

Connectivity of Apple Carplay has greatly improved and now it connects instantly even before the home screen of adrenox loads up.

Alexa response speed has also improved by a great margin and now playing music via alexa is much faster.

While on Carplay change in temperature while on auto mode would not get displayed but now that has been taken care off which is a great relief.

Major changes were observed in the overall audio quality irrespective of which source you are playing it, the sound feels punchy, lively and crisp. Btw, I own AX7 so the owners having L will have even better immersive experience.
Can you please post the picture of SW version to show my SA as they are not aware of the 10.27.62
Old 8th September 2023, 20:11   #8994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
How do you project apple maps on to the driver side display?
Just go to navigation menu on driver side display and then on MID, while in carplay select apple maps and choose the destination. After you click start navigation the same maps will get projected on Driver side display with an option to change view to minimise/full screen.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 20:39   #8995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Can you please post the picture of SW version to show my SA as they are not aware of the 10.27.62
There you go, the image posted shows the latest software version 10.27.62.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1329.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 9th September 2023 at 02:11. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 21:42   #8996
BHPian

Quote:
There you go, the image posted shows the latest software version 10.27.62.
Is the SW version 10.27.62 also compatible with the AX7 L Diesel AT?

There are different versions available for both manual and automatic transmissions in combination with petrol and diesel variants.

It would be helpful if someone could clarify whether the same SW version(10.27.62) is offered for the Diesel Automatic AX7 L.
I will inquire further with my SA again.
Old 8th September 2023, 22:46   #8997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Is the SW version 10.27.62 also compatible with the AX7 L Diesel AT?
Well according to me the versions should be same for both petrol and diesel variants. The package might include software changes as a whole and changes would apply for variants having those features.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th September 2023 at 02:14. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 9th September 2023, 08:03   #8998
BHPian

Looks like my wonderful stint with XUV700 AX7L AWD Diesel comes to end as I have plans to relocate abroad. Hence I have put up my car on sale.
I am in no mood to sell the car given that it has been near perfect car and all the emotional attachment with it over the last year. What makes me think to keep it is if I need a car during my vacation (say 1-2 times a year) or for my parents wanting to do some trips. Other reason to keep it would be that in case I have to invest in another car 2-3 years down the line assuming I return, I think this car will still be relevant with all its features and it would cost a bomb to buy something similar new and given all the waiting times we have for such cars. However the rational mind thinks about using rental cars for such purpose and invest the money from resale now to better use.

Anyway, I have posted this in teambhp classifieds as below (https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...a/XUV700.html/) - @mods - please remove the link if inappropriate in this post).

Last edited by harishhm74 : 9th September 2023 at 08:05. Reason: small corrections
Old 9th September 2023, 08:16   #8999
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Hi
I have only completed around 650 kilometers in the last three months in my AX7LD AT. Since today morning when I slot it in reverse the sensor does not scan and shows error. I tried cleaning the surface of the reverse sensor but to no avail. Do anyone have similar experience ? Using another car for thirteen years and till now the sensors work perfectly. Is it the inferior QC of Mahindra or my bad luck?
Update!! Had gone to the SC for the wiring loom recall and they had a battery connector clip change also as per their system. And to my surprise the reverse sensor is working again on its own. I suspect after disconnecting the battery the sensor reset itself
Anyways, as they say All's Well That Ends Well!!
Dilip
dilipkumar7278 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 11:57   #9000
BHPian

Quote:
I upgraded the software and got the Mappls update last week (31st Aug). Since then, twice I have got notification on Adrenox for 'Fuel Filled' and an entry shows up in the app. The first time this happened was at the ASC itself as the update completed. Second time, I saw the message today morning after I crossed a particular petrol station while driving to office.
To clarify, in the image below, 1st Sep is when I had refueled but not updated details on the app. SO the first entry is missing data entry. The next two entries shouldn't have been there at all.
I have been getting these absolutely random "Fuel Filled" notifications on the AdrenoX app ever since the time I took delivery in December 2021. The ASC has NO CLUE how to resolve this and every time I ask, they pass the buck on to the app developers saying it's a bug in the AdrenoX app and nothing to do with the vehicle.

Also, would like to note that the "Fuel Filled" alert has never come up a single time, when I have actually filled fuel!

P.s. I trust the WithYouHamesha app for maintaining the Fuel Log. Accurate and simple.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks