Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2024, 18:44   #9736
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyKloppy13 View Post
Hello esteemed members, it's amazing to finally be a part of this forum (I have lurked here for over a decade, but finally applied for a membership since I thought I can now contribute as well).

I'm likely to get delivery by March-end, but still open to suggestions as I'll be keeping this car for at least 7-8 years.
Welcome onboard. Not an SUV, but test drive the Hyundai Verna Turbo MT.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 21:54   #9737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Dear XUV7OO owners,

I am confused between Hycross GX (7 seater) and 2023 Mahindra AX5 Diesel AT (5 seater):

What do you recommend?
XUV 700 and Innova Hycross are both very good cars. But they are very different vehicles catering to very different requirements.

Opt for Innova Hycross if
  • You want a more practical 7 seater. XUV's last row is not that comfortable for longer rides compared to Innova.
  • Mild hybrid with better mileage (compared to petrol XUV) but very low on power. If power is a priority, do not opt for Innova.
  • You'll be sitting on rear seat majority of time with a chauffeur/driver driving the car.
  • Better reliability and better after sales service. Toyota is one of the most reliable brand.
  • If comfort and peace of mind is your priority. Features and modern interior you can compromise with.
  • You want the biggest ( in length ) of both.

Opt for XUV 700 if
  • You want a 5 seater with big boot. Or occasional 7 seater for short rides.
  • You love to drive and want a more powerful engine with 450NM torque! Since you mentioned diesel XUV, you would get better mileage as well. Petrol XUV would give less mileage compared to Innova.
  • You will be driving majority of times.
  • You love those body cut handles.
  • Features and modern interior is a preference. You are fine with few points here and there affecting your Peace of mind. Although XUV 700 is also quite reliable. Few niggles often pop out here and there. After sales service of Mahindra is also a hit or miss.
rAijin_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 01:06   #9738
BHPian

Quote:
Dear XUV7OO owners,

I am confused between Hycross GX (7 seater) and 2023 Mahindra AX5 Diesel AT (5 seater):

What do you recommend?
I can't say much about hycross but I can surely say something about an XUV MT diesel.

Highway mileage can reach almost 20kmpl depending upon the driver. 10-12 is for city.

While considering diesel, keep in mind the DEF part. Depends more on your driving area (city vs highways) and average distance per month

One more important aspect is after sales service.
Hycross scores ahead here in most cities.

Is sunroof that important

And one more thing, did you check Kia carens

Whatever you choose, it'll be right decision
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 09:09   #9739
BHPian

Quote:
Dear XUV7OO owners,

What do you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
XUV 700 and Innova Hycross are both very good cars. But they are very different vehicles catering to very different requirements.

Opt for Innova Hycross if
  • Mild hybrid with better mileage (compared to petrol XUV) but very low on power. If power is a priority, do not opt for Innova.
All other parameters mentioned by you are valid in this case, except the above point. The OP is going for the GX variant, I'm not sure whether GX comes with hybrid technology.

AFAIK, it is purely a petrol model.

Last edited by Vasuki : 16th February 2024 at 09:11.
Vasuki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 14:03   #9740
BHPian

I have purchased Wolfbox G900 (Capacitor type, dual Channel) Mirror Dashcam. Vendor has also sent Multifuse hardwiring kit which vendor says is compatible with Mahindra vehicle.

I am planning to get this installed during my 1st service at SVC. Any suggestion whether I should explore with SVC to get connected to fuse without losing warranty or connect to 12V port only which is at the vehicle rear.
Old 17th February 2024, 15:31   #9741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post

While considering diesel, keep in mind the DEF part. Depends more on your driving area (city vs highways) and average distance per month

One more important aspect is after sales service.
Hycross scores ahead here in most cities.

Is sunroof that important

And one more thing, did you check Kia carens

Whatever you choose, it'll be right decision
For me, XUV7OO petrol and Hycross Hybrid are not options, I am considering only between XUV7OO Diesel AT 5 seater and Hycross GX Petrol 7 seater (with captain seats).

Sizewise Hycross is just 2 inches bigger than XUV, priced similar, clubbed with Toyota peace made me consider this comparison.

I am not really looking for 7 seater, most of the time only 4 will travel, so with Hycross's captain seats, it will be comfortable travel. GX has no hybrid.
I will drive most of the time or my son.
Reliability and better after sales service are important.

I am not a fan of sunroof or body cut handles,

I am hearing about GX(O), interesting to see what all features it gets and the pricing.

I didn't consider Carens due to safety rating, otherwise it would have been a great choice !!
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 17:34   #9742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Not to MX, but I got mine upgraded for AX5.

Got all 4 speakers changed to MOREL.
Got Infinity 4 Channel Amplifier.

Added Bit Ten Sound Processor as well, which I retrieved from my earlier XUV 5OO alongwith Damping on all 4 doors.

Costed me around 50-55K.
Is it possible to get AX7L infotainment package with 3d surround etc installed in MX at the dealership?
Rock 'n' rollz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 09:59   #9743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarhot View Post
It was 2 years for owners who got them post launch in 2021. Is it reduced to 1 yr now for new owners?

By the way, I have not renewed adrenox subscription which expired back in Nov'23. Last week, Mahindra sent a WhatsApp msg with offer of 2499 special renewal for 1 yr.
Looks like they got up from deep slumber to entice old guinea pigs to purchase this
I have got delivery in Feb '23 and the subscription shown active until Feb '25. I am driving AX7L
har_war_09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 13:26   #9744
BHPian

Quote:
Dear XUV7OO owners,

I am confused between Hycross GX (7 seater) and 2023 Mahindra AX5 Diesel

What do you recommend?
Whatever you decide, avoid the non Hybrid Hycross. Not worth it.
Kashi053 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 07:16   #9745
BHPian

Good morning, got delivery of my 7OO, AX7 P AT couple of months ago and had a query with regards to sound quality. When I use Spotify using Apple CarPlay the output is not what I get when I use Alexa to play from Amazon music on Adrenox.

Why is there a difference in sound quality? On Adrenox the system sounds amazing but in Apple Car Play it feels I need to upgrade the speakers.

This way I wil have to renew the Adrenox subscription, which I got for one year.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8824.jpeg  

Old_Salt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 09:25   #9746
BHPian

Quote:
Dear XUV7OO owners,

My biggest issue is missing defogger in such a huge Hycross and bland interiors, while I am ok with diesel XUV7OO.

What do you recommend?
You have not clarified the requirements,

1. Is it going to primarily driven in City ?
XUV700 diesel better mileage than Hycross petrol, also XUV has a slightly smaller footprint hence easier to drive.

2. No of people travelling ?
>5 Hycross, else XUV700

3. Reliability ?
Both are closely matched, but Hycross might be a shade better.

4. Ground Clearance ?
XUV will fare better here.

5. Features ?
XUV has Sunroof, Cruise Control [2024 AX5 has it], Defogger [you may need this if Bengaluru weather demands it]

6. Resale ?
Hycross will be way better.

I was in a similar dilemma last year, but 1 test drive of the Hycross in crowded city streets cleared all my doubts. For me, Hycross has that people mover image, whereas XUV is more aspirational.
Old 19th February 2024, 11:17   #9747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
Whatever you decide, avoid the non Hybrid Hycross. Not worth it.
As per my understanding, Hybrid is more beneficial if your running is more within city. Once you are out on highways, it predominantly runs on petrol, hence hybrid and non-hybrid yield more or less same results. In my case, I have a smaller car for city drives, so my new car usage is more on highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
You have not clarified the requirements,
==>No, I have a small car for city, new car would be more on highways

==> Most of the time 4

3. Reliability ?
==> Reliability is highly important for my peace of mind, I can't run around service stations and listen to their crap

4. Ground Clearance ?
==> No offroading, so decent GC is fine

5. Features ?
==> I don't need sunroof, cruise control but defogger is needed

6. Resale ?
==> While Resale is indeed important, I am going to keep this for 10 years atleast

XUV is just 2 inches smaller than Hycross. I drove both Hycross and XUV in busy streets of Bengaluru, I didn't feel any difference (definitely both are big for city compared to my Duster), so sizewise I see both play equal.

Overall, I am tilted towards Hycross GX(O), will decide once it is available for test drive.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 11:26   #9748
BHPian

Quote:

==>No, I have a small car for city, new car would be more on highways

Hycross 1

==> Most of the time 4

Any

3. Reliability ?
==> Reliability is highly important for my peace of mind, I can't run around service stations and listen to their crap

Hycross 2

4. Ground Clearance ?
==> No offroading, so decent GC is fine

Hycross 3

5. Features ?
==> I don't need sunroof, cruise control but defogger is needed

XUV 1

6. Resale ?
==> While Resale is indeed important, I am going to keep this for 10 years atleast

Hycross 4

XUV is just 2 inches smaller than Hycross. I drove both Hycross and XUV in busy streets of Bengaluru, I didn't feel any difference (definitely both are big for city compared to my Duster), so sizewise I see both play equal.

Hycross 5

Overall, I am tilted towards Hycross GX(O), will decide once it is available for test drive.
Overall Hycross seems like better suited for your needs. But I'll strongly recommend for Hybrid version if budget is not an issue.
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 12:46   #9749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvforcars View Post

Petrol vs Diesel

I am sure this has been answered a few times but I am at my wits end now and need you guys to guide me

I have booked a Petrol AXL Automatic however some are asking me to consider diesel because of very low mileage. If I do it would be the 2WD. Difference between both models will be INR 1,10,000
It's impossible to ban diesel cars through out India. Diesels still command huge volumes in tier 2 and 3 towns and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. And this has been reiterated plenty of times in our forum: "Buy a car which will put a smile on your face." There is not an iota of logic in thinking about selling a car even before buying it. And you are thinking about keeping it only for 5 years. So, it doesn't matter if you are planing to buy a petrol or a diesel. Buy whichever will put a smile on your face when you take it out.
true_sedan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 15:58   #9750

I have come across a few videos where people have downloaded the adrenox app on their smart watch. One used has been galaxy watch 4. However when I go to playstore, I dont see the app. Is there any workaround for this ? Not sure why I cant see it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks