Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2024, 22:08   #9811

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
Does the AX7 automatic variant have Adaptive Cruise Control?
Our October 2023 AX7 P AT variant has Adaptive cruise control. It follows the vehicle ahead and reduces/increases the speeds based on the distance from the vehicle ahead and speed, just like how it is in AX7L. I think AX7 MT gets normal cruise control as I remember seeing different set of buttons on the steering wheel for the same.
Hope this helps
WDP-4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 22:11   #9812
BHPian

Quote:
Would love to understand what others think about the color choice and also how the design of the front grill would stand the test of time.
I second your thoughts on the grill and it was the most disliked part in my XUV. But stickering the grill is just a 15 mins job and it transforms the look of the entire car.

Mine is silver in color and I really like the way the black grill goes with it. A lot of other BHPians had also blacked the grill and you can find it in the pages before.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8397-copy.jpg
northstar* is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 01:13   #9813

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
I second your thoughts on the grill and it was the most disliked part in my XUV. But stickering the grill is just a 15 mins job and it transforms the look of the entire car.

Mine is silver in color and I really like the way the black grill goes with it. A lot of other BHPians had also blacked the grill and you can find it in the pages before.

Attachment 2580047
This looks very elegant. Is it a DIY job? Which tape is to be used?
Old 6th March 2024, 01:24   #9814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Personally, I would only trust the official Team-bhp PDI checklist and not bother with anything provided by the dealership. Ask your father to arrive as soon as the dealership opens and take his time to check everything as per the Team-bhp PDI check list. If possible, ask a friend/relative to accompany him and help him through the process.
Thank you. Will ask my father to do the following
Old 6th March 2024, 09:35   #9815

Hello bhpians
I have a very important decision to make
It's the xuv 700 vs the safari
Models - ax7 diesel AT vs adventure plus AT
After thorough analysis I do believe that the safari is the better package but the horror issues faced by owners is quite off putting.
Also I drove two Xuvs from different dealers and both felt very rough, brakes felt grabby and the nvh levels were very bad which was suprising given that everyone claims the mhawk is far better, second the dealership and SA where we have made our booking are quite rude and almost never respond to any calls/ text which makes me feel like
Is the xuv really the safer and better Choice?
Old 6th March 2024, 11:47   #9816
BHPian

Quote:
Does the AX7 automatic variant have Adaptive Cruise Control?
Mine is a December 2021 AX7 Petrol Automatic and yes, it does have Adaptive Cruise Control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
My XUV 700 AX7 L petrol automatic has gone back to the workshop for the 11th time in the last 20 months. Problems faced are: both screens going dead, one screen going dead, car door handle flaps not coming back in place, car not starting after a gap of 2-3 days etc. NBS Sewri staff is well meaning but can’t seem to solve anything. I need to escalate this to Mahindra.
Surprised to hear that NBS Sewri staff is not able to give an effective resolution. I have been sending the car here since first service and have found them to be extremely helpful. Who is the SA you are dealing with? Check with either Mr. Tejas Jadhav or Mr. Mohammed Shaikh; both chaps are extremely knowledgeable and sincere. Alternatively, as an escalation, talk to either Mr. Mahesh Palav (Service Manager) or Mr. Prashant D'souza (Service Head). I am sending you their respective numbers via personal message. Looks like your car needs a Silver Box replacement; could also be a battery problem.
Old 6th March 2024, 12:18   #9817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post

Attachment 2580047
On the contrary, we chose the silver color because it closely matches the silver on the grill and gives a coherent look to the front. We liked white and midnight black as well, but because the grill is silver finished, decided to go ahead with silver color. In the Pic that you have shared above, black grill also looking good, gives it a more sporty look. It might look even better especially on the new Napoli black version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSR21 View Post
Hello again to the people of the forum!

Though I have shared the Team Bhp PDI Checklist with my dad and he'll be physically present for the PDI as well but still for extra assurance wanted to ask if it's worth it to take the services from the showroom itself.
  • Showroom folks are anyway supposed to do a PDI, you don't have to pay them separately for it.
  • 2 areas where 3rd Party PDI use specialized equipment are paint depth uniformity [to verify any repainted panels] and tyre depth. Everything else can be done by a non-expert. Just follow the team-bhp PDI guidelines. Quick checks - tyre manufacturing, tyre tread depth, spare wheel manufacturing, all panels for paint uniformity and scratches, doors windows boot, all lights functioning, displays and speakers, any major scratches on interior, air conditioning etc.
  • I availed PDI services from PDI Expert, attaching their report for a quick reference, you can google them and check if they can arrange a service at your location. I am no way affiliated to them and just got their contact last week from this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decisionday View Post
Hello bhpians
horror issues faced by owners is quite off putting.
XUV700 has lesser horror stories - the product is selling for 2+ years, all initial niggles are ironed out. Only open concern is the display and adrenox - it hasn't been upgraded and might still give one off issues. Not a deal breaker if you ask me.
Tata twins have also been selling for 3+ years now, but are likely have minor issues, since the last update was a major facelift w.r.t interiors and exterior. Core hasn't changed much, except for that electronic steering which is a good update. I got a Tiago from 1st batch and its going strong after 8 years, but that was a time with not much electronics, current Tatas seem to have more issues due to added complexities.
Also I drove two Xuvs from different dealers and both felt very rough, brakes felt grabby and the nvh levels were very bad
This could be because they are TD vehicles, I had test driven Harrier / Safari / XUV700 [petrol/diesel] multiple times and here are the NVH specific observations,
  • Noise insulation : Safari > XUV [can be solved with damping]
  • Vibrations : XUV > Safari [especially at higher revs]
  • Harshness : XUV > Safari [Mahindra is very smooth]
which was surprising given that everyone claims the mhawk is far better,
Mahindra diesel is much superior to the FCA diesel. Also, the AT gearbox in XUV[AISIN] is better tuned, whereas the one in Safari[Hyundai] is somewhat peaky - good for highway drives, but not so comfortable in the city.
second the dealership and SA where we have made our booking are quite rude and almost never respond to any calls/ text
Focus on the product while making a decision, don't let dealership or SA behavior affect it - because you're going to be with the product for longer duration.
which makes me feel like
Both are 5 star rated, although XUV was tested before the GNCAP protocol was updated.
Responses in line.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pre-Delivery Inspection REPORT.pdf (198.1 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by sapien : 6th March 2024 at 12:21.
sapien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:44   #9818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDrive20 View Post
This looks very elegant. Is it a DIY job? Which tape is to be used?
While this can be a DIY, I got it done from a sticker shop which took around 15 mins only. The sticker guy used a black gloss tape for masking the silver lines. It was done very well and looks sleek.
Old 6th March 2024, 13:50   #9819
BHPian

My AX7 Petrol Automatic (Dec 2021), clocked 30,000 kms on the ODO and completed the scheduled servicing. Vehicle sent to my trusted NBS Mahindra, Sewri Mumbai. The cost of Parts + Labour charges came up to 14,700/-. Washing & Cleaning was complimentary.
Works done as follows:

1) Maximile Ultra 6 litres
2) Front Brake Pads changed (rear pads were checked and found to be fine for another 3k kms)
3) Sealing Washer
4) Carbon Filter
5) Oil Filter with O ring
6) Maxicare Windshield Washer Fluid
7) Maxicare Engine Coating

Furthermore, I had complained regarding various rattles and niggles. Following works were done under warranty:

1) Sunroof Re-learning/Initialisation
2) Door trim Assembly Front & Rear LH + RH
3) Front Lower Control Arms

Windshield was replaced under Insurance.

Signing-off with a photo of our beauty clicked on a recent family outing to Lonavala.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220131_143021.jpg  

Last edited by IamNikhil : 6th March 2024 at 13:54.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 19:23   #9820
BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians
After thorough analysis I do believe that the safari is the better package but the horror issues faced by owners is quite off putting.
Also I drove two Xuvs from different dealers and both felt very rough, brakes felt grabby and the nvh levels were very bad which was suprising given that everyone claims the mhawk is far better, second the dealership and SA where we have made our booking are quite rude and almost never respond to any calls/ text which makes me feel like
XUV anytime. Tata dealers should be avoided at any cost. Though the name Safari has a childhood nostalgia, XUV is a better choice. I'm surprised about nvh complaint though. I'm driving a diesel 700L since almost 2yrs now and nvh is just superb. Petrol version would be even better.
I'll just add one suggestion. Please go for luxury (AX7L) if possible. Its worth every penny.

All the best. Happy driving
Old 6th March 2024, 19:49   #9821

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
XUV anytime. Tata dealers should be avoided at any cost. Though the name Safari has a childhood nostalgia, XUV is a better choice. I'm surprised about nvh complaint though. I'm driving a diesel 700L since almost 2yrs now and nvh is just superb. Petrol version would be even better.
I'll just add one suggestion. Please go for luxury (AX7L) if possible. Its worth every penny.

All the best. Happy driving
Thanks so much for the insight, what I felt in both TD vehicles was the excessive vibrations that crept into the steering wheel, in case of the safari one dealership had a TD vehicle that felt and sounded like a truck , the other dealership had a vehicle that was smooth as butter
Needless to say I was quite confused at this point
Also have you faced any issues with suspension noise , fuel tank related noises etc
Old 6th March 2024, 22:13   #9822
BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians
Did you check the mileage on both the test drive XUVs? Since the vehicle has been in the market >2yrs, the test drive vehicles must have seen all the abuse and lacking basic maintenance.

The engine specs and design aside - Now since Safari is also loaded with electronics, I will second that XUV is a more stable package as all the initial niggles are addressed. Between both, XUV should age better and serve you will with relatively niggle free experience.

So, do a couple more test drives on relatively well maintained vehicles and then make a decision.
Old 6th March 2024, 22:49   #9823
BHPian

Phantom 1st Service Update

I got my 1st service done today @ Sirish Auto Singasandra, Bangalore. 32 days since purchase and 1006 kms on ODO, timing wise perfect.

This being 1st service, they said they only do check of fluid levels, check the system with computer etc. No consumables.

Complaints : Had asked them to check internet not auto restoring issue.
Instructions : Not to wash the car, as advised by my PPF applicator
Accessories : 32 GB SD Card for Video recording available with ADAS system, Full Size Alloy spare wheel, New tire for spare wheel, TPMS
Fitting : Installation of Wolfbox G900 Mirror Dash cam

On Internet issue, they said my vehicle has latest software which is not even issued service Center’s, so all they did was clearing all warning and cache.

Service Bill was Zero, Total cost for accessories with installation was 30K

Best part was they have installed Dashcam system very neatly and powered through hardwiring (connected to fuse). I would have still preferred if the had installed Rear camera outside car for better performance, but for now it is inside and i need to make sure Rear glass is always clean for better clarity on the Mirror screen.

The tire arrived only by 6 pm, so while the spare wheel with tire and TPMS was replaced, it was very late and COTEC person was not available to configure the system for 5 TPMS sensors and allow learning (Need to make a visit again next week during day time).

Observations : All settings are restored to factory - favourites, Alexa, profile were all gone.

Since they don’t exchange, had to carry back the old spare wheel and tire. May be i will use as a swing in my farm.
NaveenKD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 00:03   #9824
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much for the insight, what I felt in both TD vehicles was the excessive vibrations that crept into the steering wheel, in case of the safari one dealership had a TD vehicle that felt and sounded like a truck , the other dealership had a vehicle that was smooth as butter
Needless to say I was quite confused at this point
Also have you faced any issues with suspension noise , fuel tank related noises etc
No issues with suspension so far (36k km)

Mahindra did gift me a football in the boot though . But that noise appears once in a blue moon.
So it doesn't bother much.

Rest everything is going good. Highest mileage I've achieved is 19.76 kmpl(tank full) and 23.8 on MID.

I think you should take a TD in a maintained car if you can find one and then decide
Old 7th March 2024, 07:23   #9825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post

Surprised to hear that NBS Sewri staff is not able to give an effective resolution. I have been sending the car here since first service and have found them to be extremely helpful. Who is the SA you are dealing with? Check with either Mr. Tejas Jadhav or Mr. Mohammed Shaikh; both chaps are extremely knowledgeable and sincere. Alternatively, as an escalation, talk to either Mr. Mahesh Palav (Service Manager) or Mr. Prashant D'souza (Service Head). I am sending you their respective numbers via personal message. Looks like your car needs a Silver Box replacement; could also be a battery problem.
Thank you for sharing all the contact details Nikhil. I appreciate that. I am dealing with Tejas coincidentally, well meaning guy but his solution for the most part is to do a software flash and give the car back, hoping the problem doesn’t come back. That approach hasn’t really worked. I too feel it’s a silver box or battery issue, am pushing them to identify the root cause & replace whatever needs to be replaced. NBS Sewri is very keen to convince me that somehow the “latest” software version will fix what the earlier versions couldn’t. In my limited opinion this appears to be hardware issue. Let’s see how it goes. Car’s been there for 2 days now, hope to resolve it today and get it back. All in all, the shift from Honda to Mahindra has not a been a pleasant one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks