Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2024, 18:43   #9886
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
As we already know new software has bugs and we lose the mileage drastically, this was called out in MX owners whatsapp group. But they still went ahead and flashed new software, now car has lost nearly 40% of mileage in the very same route. Please see the video in which it is clearly shown how mileage is impacted, before and after service.
Curious to understand how the software update reduces the mileage of your engine?
Old 25th March 2024, 20:43   #9887
BHPian

Quote:
I've clearly asked them to not update software or flash anything new, multiple times.
From what I know based on my interactions with SC, they are required by Mahindra to update the software when a vehicle comes in. Apparently Mahindra does audits as well to ensure SCs follow it.

Still, it’s weird that they did it with you explicitly asking them not to. At the very least, they should have informed you that they will be doing it.

Btw, what makes you think a software update will lead to drop in mileage?
Old 26th March 2024, 01:12   #9888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikidury View Post
2. Should i go ahead and accept the vehicle after they repair the issue? What checks to be done from our side to ensure fix is good and working ?
Since a doubt has been planted if your friend is not in a hurry, let this vehicle pass. Your friend will be happier in the long run.
Quote:
As usual, Sireesh Auto has no solution to this problem and washed their hands off, saying, they cannot do much now. I really wish stupid Mahindra stop doing beta testing on customers. And what did I gain with new software? Literally NOTHING!
Few points-
1. Did you observe that engine response is peppier or was there any other change w.r.t engine response to the pedal inputs?

2. Could it be a case where earlier MID was showing too optimistic readings and Mahindra has fixed the issue to show realistic readings.

3. If not 1 & 2, please shed more light as normally a software update won’t affect the mileage.

Also, if you have calculated mileage via tank to tank method before update, you may repeat it again and see if results are any different.
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 07:37   #9889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post

2. Could it be a case where earlier MID was showing too optimistic readings and Mahindra has fixed the issue to show realistic readings.
IMHO,this seems to be the case.Mahindra MID gets too optimistic with idling timings.

In my experience ,for city traffic MID shows better average to the tune of 1-1.5 KMPL as compared with Tank to Tank method.
Highway rides MID is close enough with Tank to Tank method and hence the deduced logic of idling time.
himanshu_trikha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 10:55   #9890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
3. If not 1 & 2, please shed more light as normally a software update won’t affect the mileage.

Also, if you have calculated mileage via tank to tank method before update, you may repeat it again and see if results are any different.

I checked tank to tank twice in the last couple of years. In both cases, car wasn't fully loaded. i.e. 2 adults, 1 kid, light luggage.
1. Highway drive, 2000kms round trip, got 20+.
2. ⁠Only in city, 300kms over 2 week span, got 16.

That’s why I trust MID as it shows the nearly same as tank to tank.

And I drive with extremely light foot(atleast, I think so). So, for my driving style I didn't observe any big jump in throttle response, there might be a slight improvement though. And I've observed AC is much effective now. May be a new AC filter that has caused this?

As a part of service, they've changed engine oil, filled DEF liquied, changed multiple filters etc. Service costed me 6100/- and taken RSA for 4th and 5th year, which costed another 3100/-. They fixed suspension noise and car is much balanced now.

Btw, few others in MX owners whatsapp group also complained the same. For this reason, I've asked service guys to not to flash new software. Ofcourse, they've ignored it.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 18:24   #9891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
The demand vs delivery timeline for 700 has significantly come down. It is no more 8-12 months waiting for any of the variant whether it is petrol or diesel.
To attest to this, I booked an AX7L D AT on the 8th of March, got the car allotted on the 18th of March, PDI done on 23rd of March and the final delivery post registration is expected on 29th of March.

Wait times have definitely come down a lot. In fact a few colors of the top trim are readily available with dealers as well. That a vehicle has been lying in the lot is no longer a big deal I believe.
hamster_huey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 19:57   #9892
BHPian

Quote:
I checked tank to tank twice in the last couple of years. In both cases, car wasn't fully loaded. i.e. 2 adults, 1 kid, light luggage.
1. Highway drive, 2000kms round trip, got 20+.
2. ⁠Only in city, 300kms over 2 week span, got 16.
I don't know how you are able to get 20+ in a 185bhp vehicle? I have never got above 16, that too in the highway. It seems driving with a light foot in this vehicle is next to impossible. In Kerala traffic, 10 - 12kmpl is the ballpark.

BTW I am driving an AT AWD, may be other users can comment on this difference.
Old 26th March 2024, 21:04   #9893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I don't know how you are able to get 20+ in a 185bhp vehicle? I have never got above 16, that too in the highway. It seems driving with a light foot in this vehicle is next to impossible. In Kerala traffic, 10 - 12kmpl is the ballpark.
Mine is MX diesel. Combination of detuned engine + manual gearbox + lighter kerb weight(no AT gear box and no awd hardware) was doing the magic for me. Same was reported by every MX diesel owner I knew.

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 26th March 2024 at 21:24.
Old 26th March 2024, 23:08   #9894

Confused between xuv700 AX5 and Carens 1.5 petrol DCT.

How is the ride quality and engine performance of xuv700 vs Carens ?

And any good service centre suggestions in whitefield bangalore
Old 26th March 2024, 23:53   #9895
BHPian

Hello folks

I am facing RPM fluctuations for my AX7 Petrol AT (<4k kms ,4 months old ) during engine idling ,can feel the RPM revs changing with an audible engine note like old time diesel engine.While stopping/idling at Signals,I depress break pedal while the lever is in D mode.

Did anyone else face it ?
Old 27th March 2024, 14:11   #9896
BHPian

Hi all

Am looking for a new car to join my 2001 Honda City VTEC, my civic and my s cross 1.6.

Wanted a crossover/ suv in petrol and a manual transmission and don't want to spend over 25 L

Choice of petrol only as an worried of the 10 year validity may apply in Mumbai too in the near future

Driving is basically city with occasional highway use.

Shortlisted the XUV 700 and test drove it and was reasonably impressed by how far Mahindra has come. Also test drove the new Scorpio N but decided it isn't for me.

My question is regarding the multiple issues i hear and read about in forums like this. Is this really the sign of the times that one buys a vehicle costing 25L and almost expects niggles?? Would have expected most software issues to be sorted by now

I keep my cars and bikes forever so a hassle free ownership is paramount. The three cars I own have barely had any issues if at all. Sadly nothing from Honda , toyota or Maruti really appeals.

The petrol engine on the XUV felt good and the manual transmission was acceptable.
Is there another option around this price that comes close in performance but with better reliability?

Regards

Last edited by dinyaar : 27th March 2024 at 14:17. Reason: More information
Old 27th March 2024, 15:29   #9897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post

BTW I am driving an AT AWD, may be other users can comment on this difference.
Hi I think AT and AWD make a difference.
I've an ax7 L manual diesel and I was able to reach 19.76 in one trip. I've been able to reach 19 plus mileage in multiple trips in last two years. These calculations are by tankful method with AC always on and fully loaded vehicle. We usually are six heavy adults plus sometimes a German shepherd along with luggage. MID during these trips varied from 20.5 to 22.5 kmpl.

The highest mileage on MID I got was 23.8 kmpl on my trip from Chittorgarh to Kota and back (360km), I went there to receive my parents, so it was solo drive one way and 3 people on the way home. Unfortunately I missed calculating it by tankful method .
Mileage in city usually varies from 10-15 kmpl.

I must add that I'm a very easygoing driver who doesn't touch pedals much(my 99% highway driving is with Cruise control @80kmph, coasting etc)
My next goal is breaking the 20 kmpl via tankful method

Do believe me 20plus mileage is surely possible with 185bhp

Happy driving
sudanmohit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 15:57   #9898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post

Do believe me 20plus mileage is surely possible with 185bhp

Happy driving
True. If driven sedately, but there is a big “If”. The acceleration & the pull is really is intoxicating, thus very tough to hold back.

Mind you, this comes from an old man with 30+ years of driving experience.

Would really like to experience the 200bhp missile.
Old 27th March 2024, 17:46   #9899

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha View Post
Hello folks

I am facing RPM fluctuations for my AX7 Petrol AT (<4k kms ,4 months old ) during engine idling ,can feel the RPM revs changing with an audible engine note like old time diesel engine.While stopping/idling at Signals,I depress break pedal while the lever is in D mode.

Did anyone else face it ?
I have the same variant. During cold start, the engine RPM remains slightly higher (~1200-1300 RPM) but gradually comes down within 30 seconds or so. The engine note during this period isn’t as smooth as NA cars but nowhere near as diesel engines either. After that, it’s hardly audible, even when auto start/stop turns off/on the ignition.
Is the ambient temperature on the lower side when or where you are driving? If it continues to persist you can change the engine oil with Maximile V4 ultra, things have become smoother after my 1st service.
Bukka12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 07:52   #9900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hi fellow Bhpians,

I have been trying to put the vehicle in Valet mode, but for the life of me, cannot remember the pin. When trying to reset the pin, I am getting the message on the screen as below. I have tried to look for the original PIN in the owners manual but couldn’t find anything. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this.
Try 1234 as this is shown on the web manual in the Mahindra for you mobile application.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_2024032807475268_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg  

Last edited by Aarhot : 28th March 2024 at 07:54.
Aarhot is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks