Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2024, 13:15   #9871
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
I am confused between Hycross GX (7 seater) and 2023 Mahindra AX5 Diesel AT (5 seater):

Both are similarly priced around Rs.25.5L on road at Bangalore (2023 XUV7OO models may have some discounts)

What do you recommend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
As per my understanding, Hybrid is more beneficial if your running is more within city. Once you are out on highways, it predominantly runs on petrol, hence hybrid and non-hybrid yield more or less same results. In my case, I have a smaller car for city drives, so my new car usage is more on highways.

1. Is it going to primarily driven in City ?
==>No, I have a small car for city, new car would be more on highways

2. No of people travelling ?
==> Most of the time 4

3. Reliability ?
==> Reliability is highly important for my peace of mind, I can't run around service stations and listen to their crap

4. Ground Clearance ?
==> No offroading, so decent GC is fine

5. Features ?
==> I don't need sunroof, cruise control but defogger is needed

6. Resale ?
==> While Resale is indeed important, I am going to keep this for 10 years atleast

XUV is just 2 inches smaller than Hycross. I drove both Hycross and XUV in busy streets of Bengaluru, I didn't feel any difference (definitely both are big for city compared to my Duster), so sizewise I see both play equal.

Overall, I am tilted towards Hycross GX(O), will decide once it is available for test drive.
This not an apple to apple comparison just because both are similarly priced - An inefficient 2L petrol 7 seater vs a better efficient 2L diesel 5 seater. I don't think you will get a mileage of 14kmpl for the Hycross 2.0 NA petrol on highways. Even if its achievable, the 700 diesel will still be better than that.

A diesel car (especially BS6 diesel with DPF set-up) makes sense only if your monthly average driving is >1500km. You should consider the 700 petrol if your driving is less. While I say that, Hycross is the best only in its hybrid version and not the petrol only version.

Since only 4 people on-board, you don't need a 7 seater at all unless I am missing something here. What is stopping you to consider the Harrier (while it is the least reliable of the lot, and it is far away from Toyota wrt reliability), since you are considering Mahindra. Other than that you should also consider the Hector (petrol & diesel), the new Creta, Seltos, etc. Alternatively you can also consider the ZS EV as well.

Feature wise, it all depends on your requirement because it is subjective. There is no one size fits all.
Livnletcarsliv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 02:56   #9872
BHPian

Plan
We’re planning our next acquisition, family has been considering the XUV700. Specifically the XUV700 Petrol AT combination. This will replace my parents’ 2016 Baleno Zeta.

Problem
M&M Vehicles aren’t the most well QA/QC’ed vehicles out there. No doubt, I am aware of that.

I have heard (indirectly) from two Mahindra dealership/service associates that there are certain issues with the Petrol XUV700. These two instances were mentioned by a person in Delhi and another one in Lucknow/Faridabad, so low likelihood of overlapping experience referring to the same cases. These two sources are so far, credible, as they gain nothing from the sales of respective vehicles. Scorpio-N has been recommended as an alternative.

Both the folks have mentioned unexplainable, unsolvable issues in the Petrol XUVs, with multiple XUVs waiting for a lifeline of sorts anytime in the workshop itself.

I know that Mahindra’s TGD-i mStallion is a new entrant on the block. Not very well tested, but it has been selling in great numbers on the BoF and the Mono siblings. The siblings bring in export volumes to Mahindra from the Australian and IIRC African markets as well. Not sure what all engine options are available for sale there.

And yet, within 2.5 months, XUV700 has clocked in more than 1.5 Lac sales for Mahindra! Way to go.

Current Understanding
Beyond low mileage and occasional cases of engine oil leakage, I haven’t seen issues specific to the Petrol XUV700. And given that the same mill and tranny combination does the duty in the Scorpio-N(slight tweaks to the power characteristics ai think), I don’t see how the engine is a problem in one car but fine in the other.

There are definitely issues with the gadgets(screen, alexa, Instrument cluster as well, I think) and all kinds of sensors going kaput in the first few months (which is not uncommon with other brands either; my alternator and ac actuator were changes in the first few months of getting my N Line).

I have read similarly about stuff going kaput on the Scorpio-N as well. Again, not really a differentiating factor.

Questions that Remain
I am unable to form a conclusive opinion, with unanswered questions as a prospective car buyer putting in close to 25L on this car.
  • What do the Petrol AT XUV700 owners/anyone with more awareness of the situation suggest here?
  • What seems to be happening exactly?
  • Is this isolated to certain batches/manufacturing dates of vehicles?
  • How many people might you know of, who have faced any issues with the car, out of all the XUV owners you know?
  • Has M&M been able to provide a satisfactory response/resolution?
  • How did they explain this and compensate for the lapses?

Last edited by SixPistons : 21st March 2024 at 03:09.
Old 21st March 2024, 13:03   #9873

Hello, my year old AX7 Petrol AT is due for the 1 yr/10 k service and I've couple of questions. Appreciate your answers/advice

1) odo is only 4.5 k so can i postpone this service by a few months to add mor km?

2) Mahindra app show cost of this service as 7100 out of which maxmile ultra cost is 5900. I remember from earlier posts that this service is around 4000 only. so can someone explain this discrepancy pls?

Thanks,

Ved
Old 21st March 2024, 17:50   #9874
BHPian

Hi fellow Bhpians,

I have been trying to put the vehicle in Valet mode, but for the life of me, cannot remember the pin. When trying to reset the pin, I am getting the message on the screen as below. I have tried to look for the original PIN in the owners manual but couldn’t find anything. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this.
Old 21st March 2024, 22:14   #9875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Hey everyone, we recently welcomed a shiny new XUV700 in Silver! I am considering giving it a protective coating. Specifically looking for top-notch Ceramic or Graphene coating services in the western part of Pune, including areas like Baner, Balewadi, Aundh, Kothrud, Wakad, etc.

Requesting fellow bhpians to share their experiences, recommendations, or any advice on this matter. Your insights on the quality of service, durability, cost-effectiveness, and any other relevant information would be helpful to make an informed decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...tint-pune.html (Detailing Studio - Aquatint (Pune))

https://aquatintdetailing.com/home

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Aquatint in any way, nor have I used their services.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
You can try Brotomotiv. I have not had any experience with them but they seem to have a good reputation but the cost might be on the higher side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
After researching, here are some competitive quotes for Ceramic coating on a Silver XUV700:

1. **Aquatint Baner**:
- Product Used: Labocosmetica
- ₹16,000 for 1-year warranty
- ₹20,000 for 2-year warranty
- Coverage: Painted surfaces
- Not covered: Glass surfaces, alloys, or plastic trims

2. **Carspa Baner**:
- Product Used: CrystalShield Trinity
- ₹25,000 for 3-year warranty
- Coverage: Painted surfaces, all glass surfaces.
- Not covered: Alloys, or plastic trims

3. **3M Pashan**:
- Product Used: 3M
- ₹28,800 for 1-year warranty + 2 top-ups 1 each after 180 days (2-year life)
- Coverage: Painted surfaces, glass, alloys, or plastic trims

Added details above.

They seem to have influx of queries due to Youtube publicity, calls are directed to an IVR with no response from them after filling the form.

PS : In addition to product, how its applied is very critical in detailing, hence seeking insights on the best workmanship among these options. 3M is a trusted name overall, and Aquatint has good reviews on team-bhp. And according to a detailer friend from Indore, Carspa uses the best products, comparatively, it seems to offer a good deal as mentioned above. I would appreciate any thoughts on workmanship from those who have experienced these services.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hello Sapien. Have you checked at Finora, Baner. They are official retailers for Waxoyl. I have had all cars coated here. Service and pricing is great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
It is nice that they have attached a thorough descriptive quote, but personally, it seems too high, and I would go with Aquatint because of the sheer satisfactory reviews by BHPians.

All the best, and do post some pictures once you get it done, as well as how you finalized any one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
I am getting the Napoli Black XUV700 in a week's time. Looking for some recommended names for Ceramic Coating in Mumbai. I am aware of Ceramic Pro, but a set of good names to compare and check would be very helpful. Thanks a lot.
Created a fresh thread sharing my experience at Carzspa Bavdhan,Pune. This might help fellow bhpians. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...e-bavdhan.html

Thank you all who helped in the process !!
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:37   #9876
BHPian

Just read this article comparing XUV700 with Jeep Compass and Tata Harrier. Despite being the oldest car of this group, the XUV700 won this comparison on account of its dynamics and superior powertrain.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-com...-review-431020
Quote:
The refined Mahindra XUV700 is the most powerful of the lot and more importantly, it is rather nice to drive too. Big on the outside, spacious and comfortable on the inside, and with its plush interior and lengthy equipment list it makes you feel like you’ve spent your money well. In summary, Mahindra has hit the ball out of the park with the XUV700’s roundedness and clever packaging, and that’s why it wins this comparison test quite convincingly.
Mahindra should seriously consider exporting XUV700 to USA and Western Europe. It is competitive enough to rival the likes of Mazda CX5 and Honda CRV. It can also represent "Make In India" initiative in Global Automotive Industry.
Old 23rd March 2024, 14:33   #9877
BHPian

My XUV went for 3rd free servicing yesterday. It's 2yrs, 20k scheduled servicing. Bill amount Rs 1251. Fuel filter and AC filter were replaced as recommended.
Odo stands at 11100 kms. No niggles or issues so far
Happy with the car and the overall service experience.
As adviced by TBhpian Nikhil, replaced key fob battery myself as it was showing low battery warning.

For Alexa issues, SA asked me to link my Amazon account in Adrenox app. Which I did. And even after switching off car at the red lights and then restarting, Alexa worked
Hoping this solves the issue.

In Adrenox app, go to settings to link your Amazon account.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20240323_142237_adrenox-connect.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20240323_142242_adrenox-connect.jpg
StepUP! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 14:36   #9878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hi fellow Bhpians,

I have tried to look for the original PIN in the owners manual but couldn’t find anything. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this.
Try 1234. YouTube has this video for reference:
roadmuncher26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 22:52   #9879

Hello,

First post in the Forum and on Teambhp !

Expecting delivery of my AX7 L - Napoli black this week.

Multiple questions. Listing them here for expert guidance.

1) Got insurance from 3rd Party - because Mahindra quoted a whopping 1.6 L. Chose Royal sundaram for 69k for B2B with all bells and whistles.

Anything I should know before finalizing ?

2) AX7 / L still needs some accessories - fresh off my mind is - 7D Mats, Comfort pack with neck pillows from Mahindra.

Is this worth it ? Any alternatives and suggestion for more is welcome.

3) Since it’s Napoli black - PPF is better is what I learned from few posts in the forum (correct me if I am wrong). 3M - Coimbatore quotes 1.6 L for PPF and Sunfilm for 40k.

Is this something worth spending on ? Please do provide my with your other options. (Ceramic pro is similarly priced)

4) I do have the regular PDI list from teambhp - anything else I should look for specifically ?

5) Saw few posts regarding changing the tyres right after buying the car - dealer says the tyres come with mahindra warranty and is better not replaced.

Doesn’t all tyres come with the same warranty period ?

6) I have been looking to solve the problem of Automatic IRVM with an aftermarket one.

Kindly advise is it advisable to do so.

7) what is the best solution for no bootlight ? I have been looking to retrofit but afraid it might void the warranty.

8) Last question is - will painting my front break calipers void the warranty ?

Kindly advise me, since the date for delivery is nearby.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th March 2024, 11:11   #9880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Hi all,

I have been struggling to make up my mind on which car I should be buying. I am having a hard time selecting between the Kia Seltos Petrol DCT Automatic, 2024 Facelift Creta SX(O) automatic or XUV 700 petrol automatic.

I was informed of a white color 2023 AX7 XUV 700 petrol automatic variant being available with one of the dealers with a flat discount of Rs. 1.5L plus additional discounts for insurance. With all discounts thrown in, the on-road price comes very close to the price of Seltos or Creta top-end variants.

My running is expected to be ~8000 Km / year and primarily going to be used for city driving with 1 or 2 highway drives in a year. So, I am not considering the diesel variant especially to avoid the DEF top-up and DPF issues.
First of all, a 3 month old 700 lying in the dealer yard is definitely NOT a concern/point to worry at all as long as they have a valid reason and situation. The demand vs delivery timeline for 700 has significantly come down. It is no more 8-12 months waiting for any of the variant whether it is petrol or diesel. While I say that 700 sells more in the diesel guise than the petrol guise.

Next and most important point is that since you only need a 5 seater, it does not make sense to go for a 7 seater at all just because both cost the same. And that too in petrol guise. So if you only need a 5 seater, then buy a 5 seater only. A 7 seater will definitely be big in size (city drive & parking), low in mileage.

Other important factor is wrt automatics, where the best choice for you would be a torque converter/CVT. A DCT is not an ideal choice for your city use case. So your options to consider are - Seltos and Creta IVT. You can also consider the manual and go for the 1.5 turbo - better mileage, easy and low maintenance, better to drive (as enthusiast's preference), etc. The choice of the variant is totally subjective and you may choose based on your preferences and needs.

Alternatively, you can also consider the Kushaq/Taigun 1.0 AT, 1.5 MT, Hyryder/Grand Vitara Automatic, Elevate CVT, etc.
Old 25th March 2024, 12:10   #9881

First post, although have been quite the leach when it comes to TeamBHP forums for a few years now

Quick question:

I did my PDI of my XUV700 on Sunday. During the inspection, Apple CarPlay worked and the maps showed up on the infotainment screen, but it did not show up on the instrument cluster. I knew this was a problem a few months ago on Apple, but is it still not fixed yet? Or is there a newer version of the software that has fixed this?
Old 25th March 2024, 12:26   #9882

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrViz_26 View Post
Hello,

First post in the Forum and on Teambhp !

Expecting delivery of my AX7 L - Napoli black this week.

Multiple questions. Listing them here for expert guidance.

1) Got insurance from 3rd Party - because Mahindra quoted a whopping 1.6 L. Chose Royal sundaram for 69k for B2B with all bells and whistles.

Anything I should know before finalizing ?

2) AX7 / L still needs some accessories - fresh off my mind is - 7D Mats, Comfort pack with neck pillows from Mahindra.

Kindly advise me, since the date for delivery is nearby.
A few points:

1. In general, showrooms make quite the margin on insurance. Try to get the showroom to match the insurance quote you got from outside. Always good to get insurance from providers who have tie ups with the dealer directly.

2. 7D mats from Mahindra have been known to be of inferiors quality. Please check the threads on this forum, there's been quite some discussions on this.

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th March 2024 at 13:18. Reason: Trimmed the quoted post for better readability. Thanks!
hamster_huey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 16:06   #9883
BHPian

During the demo, the Mahindra executive shared an interesting thing - the fuel information on the driver MID shows the average fuel consumption from last 10kms only ! Its like a rolling window which keeps updating based on last 10 kms.

Quick Qs for XUV700 owners and experts, is there way to see-

1. Total mileage for a an entire trip on MID ?
2. Overall mileage till date ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster_huey View Post
Apple CarPlay worked and the maps showed up on the infotainment screen, but it did not show up on the instrument cluster. I knew this was a problem a few months ago on Apple, but is it still not fixed yet? Or is there a newer version of the software that has fixed this?
If you use navigation via inbuilt Mappls, only then you can see the navigation on driver MID / Instrument cluster.
Steps -
1. Open mappls on touch screen.
2. Navigate to desired location.
3. Go to the steering controls on right side, make your way to navigation section, now the maps should start showing in MID.
4. [Useful tip] Now, click and hold enter button on steering - uses entire MID to show navigation.

If you're using Android Auto / Carplay to setup navigation then the MID only shoes arrows and turn left / right after X kms. Full map is only shown on the infotainment screen. I'll have to double check if Carplay shows up arrows on MID or not. Android Auto shows for sure, we used it yesterday.
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 18:28   #9884

Hello All,

I am seeking help from this community on behalf of my friend. My friend booked XUV700 AX7 petrol manual. Yesterday I accompanied him for pre-registration check. We went to Sireesh Auto Silk board.

I have noticed something fishy in the vehicle. The U-clamps which are used for holding the rear left seat in place are damaged and are also bent.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-car1.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-car2.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-car3.jpeg

I checked 2 other cars (waiting for delivery) immediately and they are in pristine condition. No bend and no paint and material chip off.

I was terribly disappointed with the response from the sales advisor. He stated that it is normal and it is just wear and tear. I had to use a pen and paper and with my limited drawing skills had to explain him that there is some issue with the seat alignment and it is not wear and tear. The car is brand new and the action of closing and opening the seat was probably done 5-10 times. I am also suprised to see such a big bend and damage with so much limited use. I cannot imagine what happens in the day-to-day use.

After 30-45 minutes of discussion, he finally called his supervisor and manager. They looked at it and told that they will fix the issue. I asked them what is the plan and how they are going to do it. Manager told that they will replace it. I have explained that it is welded to the chassis and cannot be replaced.

He told he will check with the PDI team (surprisingly this was not identified by them during the inspection from dealer side). I specifically asked them in the beginning if there were any findings on the vehicle from PDI check and the sales advisor confidently told there is nothing sir and you see the PDI stamp from Sireesh Auto because there are absolutely no findings.

I seek support on the following points from experts in this group.

1. Can this issue be repaired in the first place ?
2. Should i go ahead and accept the vehicle after they repair the issue? What checks to be done from our side to ensure fix is good and working ?
3.Any other suggestions

Looking forward for support from this forum as always.

Thanks,
Ravi IDURY
ravikidury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 18:37   #9885
BHPian

Hello all, I've given my XUV700 MX Diesel for 2nd year service(20k Kms service, while ODO is at 15k) at Sireesh Auto Marathahalli, Bangalore. Before giving it for service, I've clearly asked them to not update software or flash anything new, multiple times. As we already know new software has bugs and we lose the mileage drastically, this was called out in MX owners whatsapp group. But they still went ahead and flashed new software on ECU, now car has lost nearly 40% of mileage in the very same route. Please see the video in which it is clearly shown how mileage is impacted, before and after service.

As usual, Sireesh Auto has no solution to this problem and washed their hands off, saying, they cannot do much now. I really wish stupid Mahindra stop doing beta testing on customers. And what did I gain with new software? Literally NOTHING!

Is there a way i can escalate this to Mahindra? If I want this type of mileage, I would've gone for that 200hp petrol beast engine.

p.s. I got 16.4 mileage while driving to service center i.e. before ECU software update. And to 10.4 while coming(i.e. after ECU software update), with similar driving pattern and similar light traffic.

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 25th March 2024 at 18:56.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks