Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2023, 12:08   #9121
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
That is my biggest worry with diesel. My running will be less and due to bulky size of XUV, it can’t be my week day office driver. However my drives will be on weekends but 100-400kms on highways so wouldn’t it be the ideal scenario for DPF burnout ?

I am unable to convince myself with petrol AT which is a guzzler. Which is why I was exploring cars having smaller petrol engines but not happy with their space. I find hycross to be bit too overpriced for what it offers.
If your drive is going to be highways 100 - 400kms on every weekends, then DPF will not be a problem. To burnout diesel shoot, you need to drive the vehicle above 60km/h for 30 min to 1hr. With 100 - 400 km drive, you can easily achieve that.

Having said that, I would not recommend Diesel for low running for below two reasons:
1. The government is coming down heavily on private diesel vehicles. With add on taxes and banning them whenever they like. There is also a proposal to ban Diesel vehicles in major metro cities. So, unless you have a high running which would result in insane high fuel bills with Petrol, I would recommend you go with Petrol. Also considering the resale value, if government increases restrictions on Diesel vehicles, the resale value will get impacted.
2. If your running is mainly on highways, you should be able to get decent mileage even with Petrol. You can also take Petrol on city drive without any frustrations about DPF, DEFs or govt restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
My run would be 10k kms per year (approx. 800km per month), would you recommend diesel? DPF issues?

Is it impossible to extract at least 10kmpl in city with XUV7OO with best driving practices?
Would recommend Petrol for anything below 3k-4k running per month. With BS6-P2, diesel makes sense only for higher running.
Realistic mileage of XUV700 in city is 8kmpl to 10kmpl. It also depends on your driving style. Turbo petrol engines are very sensitive to throttle inputs. If driven aggressively, the mileage can also drop to 3kmpl - 4kmpl.
rAijin_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 15:33   #9122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
The XUV 700 now finds a place as an official vehicle in the Maharashtra Police (Akola Division).
Both the seatbelts of the official vehicle for the Maharashtra Police are fastened from day 1 so that the driver and co passenger can just 'slide into'.
northstar* is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 17:00   #9123
BHPian

Recently updated the software of my XUV700 AX7 P AT. Few observations after two weeks:
  • 1. Software version is now 10.27.62
    2. Rear Parking Sensors went for a toss. An error crops up showing two "X" signs on the MID when you slot into reverse.
    3. Reverse Camera has become crisp and lag-free.
    4. Infotainment has become peppy and more responsive, seems more attuned to touch now than earlier.
    5. There's still a noticeable lag between pressing the steering controls to bring up the MID menu to the menu appearing on the screen.
    6. Mappls interface is easy-to-use.
    7. GPS takes a lifetime to load once you start driving. Enter your destination, press start and then forget about it. Drive for 10-15 mins and then finally the actual navigation will begin. This could be attributed to the unreliable Vodafone e-SIM. Network is displayed as full, still no luck.
    8. There was an instance wherein for the exact same route, Google Maps and Mappls were showing different timings; the time taken by Mappls was exactly an hour more than Google Maps.
    9. When you connect Apple Carplay, there are times when the volume pane freezes on screen. Volume level can be increased or decreased by the rotary knob or steering controls, however no change on the display.
    10. Sound quality of streaming through Apple Carplay has definitely improved.
    11. Alexa has gone on a long vacation. Tried the tactic of disconnecting the battery terminal, but to no avail.
    12. Fuel efficiency seems to have slightly improved; though this is not directly attributable to the software update.

Will have to visit ASC again to rectify the rear parking sensors and get Alexa to work again.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20231009-5.01.58-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20231009-5.02.17-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20231009-5.02.27-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by IamNikhil : 9th October 2023 at 17:03.
IamNikhil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 17:40   #9124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
From my experience, DPF issues are more prevalent in low-running vehicles. Unless the OP is going to run all those 800kms at 120km/hr+, chances are that he's going to run into DPF issues. Soot build up is eliminated usually when the vehicle is running on high RPMs' for prolonged periods. Soot buildup is almost inevitable in modern BS6 diesels. Still, such a low running regime doesn't warrant diesel vehicle IMHO.
I own a XUV700 for the past 15 months, which was running fine.
Now I have been transferred to Chandrapur, MH and I have joined here in September beginning. The plant as well the employee residences are all within a boundary area that lies in the buffer area of Tadoba Reserve. My daily travel is only 1.5 KM x 4 times i.e. 6 KM daily. Twice or thrice (max) I drive out of the enclosed area to the city for a max distance of 5/6 KM one way to purchase something.

I have been doing this for the full month of Sept till date and I feared that my car would start showing DPF issues. But Thank God nothing has happened till now.
Sommos is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 18:31   #9125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Will have to visit ASC again to rectify the rear parking sensors and get Alexa to work again.
That just looks like dirt blocking the sensors, especially since it's also visible in rear camera feed. Clean the sensors like you would normally wash the car.
Old 9th October 2023, 18:39   #9126
BHPian

Quote:
Quite surprised to get this “Keyfob Battery Low” alert on the XUV 700 within barely a year and half. Both our other cars (Corolla Altis 2011 and Jeep Compass 2019) have had not a single issue with the original keys as yet.

Buying a CR2032 3V battery. Thank you abirnale for showing us that battery replacement can be easily done at home.
I replaced the battery a couple of weeks back, however, even after that, I got the error 1-2 times. So I am assuming that this is not a battery issue. It appears to be another error that has not been handled properly.
normaltusker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 20:47   #9127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I replaced the battery a couple of weeks back, however, even after that, I got the error 1-2 times. So I am assuming that this is not a battery issue. It appears to be another error that has not been handled properly.
I had similar issue with my keys. Turned out the soldering had come off making the contact with battery erratic. Got ASC to repair the same (guess it could be done at any mobile shop as well) and since then the key works fine
rishee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 10:58   #9128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
That just looks like dirt blocking the sensors, especially since it's also visible in rear camera feed. Clean the sensors like you would normally wash the car.
The photo was taken after a highway drive in crazy rain, hence the visible dirt. The sensor error had already cropped up a couple of days before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
The list of things not handled properly can actually be endless. QC is a serious concern.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 13:30   #9129

Hello Fellow BHPians,
I am planning to take a long road trip and considering the current hot weather, I wanted to confirm which coolant type suits the XUV700 petrol manual MX.
I am just making sure not to get stranded in the middle of no-where if a coolant top-up is required.
Old 10th October 2023, 15:35   #9130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIKETMH007 View Post
Hello Fellow BHPians,
I am planning to take a long road trip and considering the current hot weather, I wanted to confirm which coolant type suits the XUV700 petrol manual MX.
I am just making sure not to get stranded in the middle of no-where if a coolant top-up is required.
The stock Mahindra coolant works just fine. The AC is a chiller and you are not likely to face any problems with it any time soon. For peace of mind, keep a bottle in your boot for a top up.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 17:29   #9131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
The stock Mahindra coolant works just fine. The AC is a chiller and you are not likely to face any problems with it any time soon. For peace of mind, keep a bottle in your boot for a top up.
Thanks for the update, just wanted to check the coolant grade and type
Old 10th October 2023, 17:55   #9132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIKETMH007 View Post
Thanks for the update, just wanted to check the coolant grade and type
Scorpio uses Ultracool coolant from Mahindra. Should work just as fine in the XUV700.
Old 11th October 2023, 12:04   #9133

Hello BHPians,

Happy to share the news of my recent acquisition XUV700 MX Petrol and acceptance of TBHP membership request. After a long and confusing search for my next vehicle, which started in June 2023 with the booking of ScorpioN Z4 P-AT and then moving on to booking and cancelling Honda City V AT, VW Virtus and Skoda Slavia Ambition MT, Harrier/Safari twins, I finally decided on placing my bet on XUV700.

Have driven around 750KM so far and an upcoming 1000-1200 KM trip over the weekend, each KM covered so far has only brought more satisfaction to me for going ahead with this option. Loving the driving experience!

Here are the accessories list that I have added to the vehicle so far:
  1. Fog Lamps (from Dealer)
  2. Sunshades (from Dealer)
  3. Side Step (Accessory shop)
  4. Mats (Accessory shop)
  5. Wheel caps (Accessory shop)
  6. Mud Flaps (Accessory Shop)
  7. Camera (Accessory Shop)

Since this is my first post on the forum, apologies in case I missed any forum rules.

Here are couple of pics that I have till now. More to follow soon!
Delivery Pic
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20231011-11.59.02-am.jpeg

Another view:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20231011-11.56.43-am.jpeg
RahulG is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 14:33   #9134

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
Hi All, Has anyone faced tak-tak sound on the rear side towards fuel tank after driving the car for at least few kms and immediately after turning off the engine and in parking mode. It lasts for 3 to 4 secs and stops and feels as if someone knocking the car from outside. Mine is AX7 D AT variant and have driven about 10K. It's been there for quite some time but not bothered to get it checked. Just wondering if anyone has faced similar issue and manage to get it fixed. Thanks.
Just bringing it up to check if anyone has come across such issue. Thanks.
rs_cockpit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 22:12   #9135

Quote:
The photo was taken after a highway drive in crazy rain, hence the visible dirt. The sensor error had already cropped up a couple of days before that.

The list of things not handled properly can actually be endless. QC is a serious concern.
Quote:
Parking sensors were replaced under warranty in my case. No dirt was on sensors nor any issues on connectors at rear.

Quote:
I have observed it for last couple of long (couple hundred kms) drives. It's like fuel pump returning pressurized fuel or some metal cooling off. Just speculating..

Will need to check with SA
haystack_needle is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks