Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 10:39   #9016
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
Thank you for the advice. I am assuming that the Rear Guard means the bumper protector bar. If so, a few people advised me that it is illegal. Given your location mentions - Venice of East, I am assuming you are in Kerala. The MVD in Kerala is notorious for enforcing these types of things. Have you faced any challenges in this aspect?
There is a lot of confusion on the issue of the rear guard. MV Act says both front and rear guard are illegal but some high courts have stayed the implementation. You can find the details in the relevant thread on the forum.

I too delayed the installation for six months due to this confusion but ultimately decided to go forward just to save my car from scratches. Personally I have observed that the police are not too keen on the rear guard.

I am not from Kerala - I lived in Chhattisgarh for 23 years and have recently been transferred to Maharashtra.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 10:57   #9017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
Given your location mentions - Venice of East, I am assuming you are in Kerala. The MVD in Kerala is notorious for enforcing these types of things. Have you faced any challenges in this aspect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

I am not from Kerala - I lived in Chhattisgarh for 23 years and have recently been transferred to Maharashtra.
As Sommos has mentioned, I too installed the rear bumper after the first service, due to a small unpleasant nudge at the back

@Sommos, he was quoting me , Yes I'm from Alappuzha, Kerala. Here MVD is very strict about modifications but the rear bumper guard is not easily/readily visible, it helps.
Vasuki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 12:42   #9018
BHPian

"Grab Handle for front Passenger side in XUV700"
I was wondering if any one has installed a sturdy grab handle for the passenger seat in the XUV700. My wife finds it difficult to move in and out of the seat in spite of the side step in my XUV700. Any pointers would be helpful. Cheers.

Last edited by sudhirjaipur : 12th September 2023 at 12:43. Reason: spelling
Old 14th September 2023, 20:12   #9019
BHPian

Hi all
Our 1.5 year old XUV700 AX7 L Petrol AT has developed an issue after software update.
Car had gone for software updates today. Got everything done and it was returned today. But, the infotainment system has stopped audio. No sound can be heard from all sources. Audio stopped working.
Screen is fine but no audio on any source.
My father was told to register Alexa using Amazon account. He did it, still no audio from system.....
Has this happened to anyone before? If yes, can you specify as in what to be done to resolve it.
I'm currently not with the car......my father is.. he's a little confused

Cheers
Siddharth
Old 14th September 2023, 21:22   #9020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID7115 View Post
Hi all
Our 1.5 year old XUV700 AX7 L Petrol AT has developed an issue after software update.
Car had gone for software updates today. Got everything done and it was returned today. But, the infotainment system has stopped audio. No sound can be heard from all sources. Audio stopped working.
Screen is fine but no audio on any source.
Please try the following procedure: disconnect the wire from the battery, wait for 10-15 minutes, and then reconnect it. This is Mahindra's recommended solution for addressing software-related issues, and it has proven to be effective in resolving a wide range of problems.

I'm Experiencing multiple software issues on my AX7L AT, particularly with iPhone connectivity and Adrenox.
Bluetooth connection is intermittent and works rarely. CarPlay also connects rarely and today there was a Wi-Fi icon glitch.
The Wi-Fi icon shows 'Wi-Fi off' despite settings indicating 'Wi-Fi on' (Photo attached, I wasn't able to click a good picture).

Adnerox subscription was rendered useless for 2 years due to persistent software issues.

I hope Mahindra will resolve these issues before the next-generation launch of their paralyzed flagship product XUV-700
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-121111.png  

Last edited by rpmmachine : 14th September 2023 at 21:28. Reason: correction
Old 14th September 2023, 21:32   #9021
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID7115 View Post
Hi all
Car had gone for software updates today. No sound can be heard from all sources. Audio stopped working.
Cheers
Siddharth
This is a first! I haven’t heard anyone report such an issue. In fact the latest version has resolved most issues for a large number of vehicles, but there are niggles still reported for a few. You can check for the below

1. I know you mentioned there is no audio from any source. Could you check the radio. Increase and decrease the volume to see if there’s any change. Does it pop an error “Choose any audio source”?
2. When you toggle the turn signal indicators, do yo hear the blinking sound. It may sound weird but there is some relation to this. I have noticed that when i unlock the car using the Adrenox app, the turn signal indicators will not be audible till I turn on the infotainment system. It’s odd but this is strange behaviour.
3. Check the same for reverse sensors. Are they audible?
4. While there is no sound audible, can you confirm the track is playing, either through CarPlay or Bluetooth. Can you see the slider moving and the time elapsing indicating that a track is playing but still no audio when you fiddle with the volume buttons.
5. Your next option is to remove the battery terminal wire and reconnect after 5 minutes. This seems to resolve most issues.
It may be a lot to ask the above of your dad is he is not well versed with trouble shooting.

If nothing resolves, you will have to ask the service centre to check if any wires have come loose, although I am not sure of the setup of the various components in the car for this to happen. Or they may have to re-install the software update.

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 16:38   #9022

Hi everyone

On March 6, 2023, I made a booking for a XUV 700 AX7 D AT at CAI Mahindra, Coimbatore. The dealer contacted to see if I'd be interested because there had been some cancellations, and I was more than pleased to accept it.

I received a quote from the SA for insurance with zero depreciation and consumables as add-ons for Rs. 140245. Comparing this to the ones I can see on PolicyBazaar, it appears to be far higher. Anyone who can help me with this?

Also,Can anyone in Chennai suggest a good place where I can buy deity statues for my car?
Old 15th September 2023, 17:33   #9023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NithinR View Post
Hi everyone

I received a quote from the SA for insurance with zero depreciation and consumables as add-ons for Rs. 140245. Comparing this to the ones I can see on PolicyBazaar, it appears to be far higher. Anyone who can help me with this?
You can bargain hard on the insurance as the quote is almost 2X more. You can show the quotes from policyBazaar (including GST) and bargain using that.
Old 15th September 2023, 19:24   #9024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Please try the following procedure: disconnect the wire from the battery, wait for 10-15 minutes, and then reconnect it. This is Mahindra's recommended solution for addressing software-related issues, and it has proven to be effective in resolving a wide range of problems.
Took it to the same service center, he disconnected battery and reconnected it. The issue still persisted. He said to give the vehicle tomorrow so that he can check for further updates.

Then the unexpected happened. While driving my father rolled down the driver side window, and everything was back to normal! Audio was working, Android Auto connected and even Alexa was working fine.

My father called me this evening to tell this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post

If nothing resolves, you will have to ask the service centre to check if any wires have come loose, although I am not sure of the setup of the various components in the car for this to happen. Or they may have to re-install the software update.

Cheers!
All audio sources had stopped responding. It didn't even pop an error about choosing an audio source. This had happened to me once before while on a road trip to Shirdi. Audio stopped working from all sources. Buy when driver turned off and turned on the car again, everything was back to normal.

I was continuously trying to resolve this from yesterday evening, by looking up here and calling Mahindra RSA. But this got resolved in the most weird way. While driving, my father rolled down the driver side window and lo! Everything was back to normal. Audio was clear from all sources, radio was heard and even Android Auto got connected.

I should seriously find out why is this happening. My father called me this evening to tell me that he figured it out himself and my so-called "research " was not needed in the funniest way possible. (He had to, because I'm currently pursuing my B.Tech in Automobile Engineering).

Being away from home is a unique feeling, but being away from the set of wheels you love isn't good. I hope family takes good care of it.

Thanks a lot for all the help

Cheers.

Siddharth

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 15th September 2023 at 22:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 16th September 2023, 08:52   #9025
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone

On March 6, 2023, The dealer contacted to see if I'd be interested because there had been some cancellations.

I received a quote from the SA for insurance with zero depreciation and consumables as add-ons for Rs. 140245. Comparing this to the ones I can see on PolicyBazaar, it appears to be far higher.
From what you mentioned, do they have an edge on bargain given they can sell that car to someone else who is ready with the quote? When I got my XUV700, I got quotes from 3-4 insurance providers, mostly downloaded online, and shared them with the dealer. They had quoted ~1.1L while I was getting quotes in the range of 55K to 67K. Dealer reduced the quote to 65K which I chose as I had some concerns with the cheaper quotes I had gotten.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 19:23   #9026
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone

On March 6, 2023, I made a booking for a XUV 700 AX7 D AT at CAI Mahindra, Coimbatore. The dealer contacted to see if I'd be interested because there had been some cancellations, and I was more than pleased to accept it.

Also,Can anyone in Chennai suggest a good place where I can buy deity statues for my car?
I got my XUV 700 D AX7L AWD delivered from CAI Coimbatore. They will quote from Raheja or Mahindra Insurance Brokers. However, if you can get a cheaper quote from another agent or online, they will match it.
Old 16th September 2023, 21:55   #9027

I was driving on the busy city road during a normal rain (no water logging) and suddenly this issue popped out "Unable to charge battery" and all the light in the panel was on. Vehicle running fine but none of the sensors, instrument cluster working. Pulled over the curb and switched off the engine and tried to start again after few minutes. But issue not going away. Called the service center but since it was evening, no proper response from them and with the long weekend, I expect service center to open only on Tuesday.

Any help here would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20230916-214822.jpg  

Old 17th September 2023, 06:19   #9028

Unwanted apps clutter the system like Zomato, Weather, and all other apps. Mahindra should offer the option to remove them to free up space.

You can delete any app you want by going to the download manager. However, I wouldn't recommend that as it would not cause any significant change in performance

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230917-06.10.00.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230917-06.09.58.jpg

Does the XUV700 Wi-Fi connect to the internet? I have tried to get it to connect to the internet and use it as an in car internet connection but to no avail. After connecting to the Wi-Fi, I do not get a usable speed on any device however all of the in car functions including Alexa work properly.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230917-06.10.00.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th September 2023 at 06:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Old 17th September 2023, 09:47   #9029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethedriver View Post
suddenly this issue popped out "Unable to charge battery" and all the light in the panel was on.

Vehicle running fine but none of the sensors, instrument cluster working. Pulled over the curb and switched off the engine and tried to start again after few minutes.

Any help here would be appreciated.
“Unable to charge battery” indicates a potential fault with the charging system. If the battery can not be charged, it will get discharged soon (resulting in car getting stranded and refusing to start) but you have mentioned that car is working fine except for the display and sensors. How long have you used the car since this error came up?

This could be a software bug or a hardware fault:

Hardware fault:
1. Alternator
2. Alternator pulley/ belt
3. Battery itself
4. Wiring issue

Software error:
i) Restart the car once after you have parked the car for an extended period of time (for hours or overnight). Does the error no longer appear?

ii) Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for 30 minutes and then reconnect it to see if the error disappears for good. Do this at your own risk though. We FIAT owners have been doing this to resolve the Microsoft Blue&Me related issues since 2009. All car settings are lost and they have to be customised again.

P.S.- If the battery is actually not charging, do not operate the power windows else you wont be able to close the windows if the battery level drops too much. I once had this misfortune back in late 2011 so I had to stand beside my car the entire time to prevent theft of the articles etc. kept inside the car.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 17th September 2023 at 09:49.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 16:49   #9030

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
There you go, the image posted shows the latest software version 10.27.62.

Attachment 2500965
I checked for this software version during my recent visit to ASC for the recall, but the SA informed that the software is not available as yet for AX7 L DAT AWD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks