Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2023, 22:58   #8266
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrai View Post

I think you should get at the booked rate and not at increased rate. Call the agent to get more details.
There is no price protection but will check.

Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 11:13   #8267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrai View Post

I think you should get at the booked rate and not at increased rate. Call the agent to get more details.
Price protection was offered only for the first batch of bookings. Any booking made after that, the price on the day of invoicing applies
Old 7th April 2023, 14:23   #8268

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_war_09 View Post
Price protection was offered only for the first batch of bookings. Any booking made after that, the price on the day of invoicing applies

Then its bummer, as the increase is more than 50K, seems Mahindra wana milk this cow to maximum.
Old 7th April 2023, 18:10   #8269

Thank you for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkie_ View Post
I have an AX7L Diesel AT, the mileage I get in the city is around 11kmpl on the cluster. I have only covered 600 kms so far. This figure is in normal traffic conditions, not bumper to bumper.
The decision to go with Petrol/Diesel would depend on how much km's you are covering in a year. Note that you don't have drive modes in Petrol version.
11 KM/L for Diesel - isn't it a bit low? Vs Petrol giving 6-7 KM/L. I do ~10,000 km a year and may be at the cusp. Diesel is probably not a bad idea then.

You have also inspired me to go for AX7 Luxury version. When you changed, did the delivery timeline shift by a lot?
Old 7th April 2023, 19:59   #8270

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
The AX7 vs AX7 L and Petrol vs Diesel Dilemma

Is it worth upgrading to AX7 L?

Petrol vs Diesel

Is it worth moving to a Diesel?

Any guidance is highly appreciated.
I own a AX7L D AT. Driven 1200 km. Two features that have really helped me are a) 360 degree camera, and b) wireless charging. Now first one I always knew will be helpful but wireless charging came as a pleasant surprise. I had read various people saying that it hardly helps to maintain the charge because it is low. However, my experience for the otherwise it is definitely not a fast charger. It is definitely not equal to even a slow wired charger, but it covers me for scenarios where I miss carrying charging cable in the car or if we just need one more extra phone to be charged. Once, I started out on a four-hour drive and my phone was it 30-40% but I could step out without carrying are using the wire. At the end of the trip with full time use of phone and navigation battery was above 80%.

Diesel vs Petrol: I didn’t even bother calculating how much my running will be after seeing 4.5 kmpl in the mid of one of my colleagues in Pune. I had also liked driving Diesel AT vs Petrol MT (they did not have petroL AT for test drive).

Now that I have driven it and it’s my first diesel vehicle, I feel the vibration to be slightly higher than I expected from this car while idling (no NVH concerns while driving).

Hope this helps.
DriTraPh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 20:21   #8271
BHPian

Quote:

You have also inspired me to go for AX7 Luxury version. When you changed, did the delivery timeline shift by a lot?
Of what I have been told, any change in version will be considered a new booking. So talk to your sales person if he can tweak things from his end..

Cheers,
Vins
Vins7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 11:41   #8272

Quote:

11 KM/L for Diesel - isn't it a bit low? Vs Petrol giving 6-7 KM/L. I do ~10,000 km a year and may be at the cusp. Diesel is probably not a bad idea then.

Yeah 11 kmpl is a bit low, hoping to get a little more higher once the machine settles.
And yes, when I changed the model, my booking my priority was reset. However, I called the SM multiple times 1-2 months after changing the model requesting for a quick delivery and I got it within another 15 days.
darkie_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 02:15   #8273
BHPian

Another fact about a diesel engine is, the higher torque really helps to power the accessories with ease, like AC compressor, alternator etc. Without affecting fuel economy much.
FlyboyQP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 09:04   #8274
BHPian

1. What are the accessories to buy for mobile charging needs? one USB in the 1st row and the C-type in 2nd are too slow and not sufficient. Looking for recommendations for 1 to many charger recommendations?
2. Is there a provision to plug 12v car vacuum cleaners. Had it on my swift and wanted to check with fellow owners on how do we connect this for XUV700
- AX5 D MT
Old 9th April 2023, 09:11   #8275
BHPian

XUV700 AX5 D MT - At what point do you top up DEF? I have run 8.5k kms and DEF shows ~34%. Wondering if I can wait for 10k kms service or top it up beforehand?

Quote:
The AX7 vs AX7 L and Petrol vs Diesel Dilemma

Petrol vs Diesel
The petrol mileage within the city seems to be 6 KM/L while Diesel has 16 KM/L. Despite the risk of a future Diesel ban, this mileage difference seems to be too much to ignore.
I have always used petrol cars until I bought XUV700 D MT AX5. During test drives I was skeptical that NVH of diesels could be a deal breaker. I eventually bought diesel only because AX5 P MT did not have ESP.
However, after driving for 8.5k kms, I absolutely love driving this machine. I do not find NVH to be a concern during driving and mileage is really good (heavy footed driver and consistently getting above ~14.5 kmpl on city+highway).

Last edited by ampere : 9th April 2023 at 09:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged
univ_explorer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 09:39   #8276
BHPian

How accurate is the fuel consumption indicator in adrenox app vs measuring via tankful method? anybody finding discrepancies? Of late, I find that the mileage has gone up significantly for my D MT(close to 16kmpl) as per adrenox but have not measured via tankful so wanted to hear feedback from fellow owners regarding this.
univ_explorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 15:29   #8277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
XUV700 AX5 D MT - At what point do you top up DEF? I have run 8.5k kms and DEF shows ~34%. Wondering if I can wait for 10k kms service or top it up beforehand?
Best to top-up as soon as the indicator goes below 70%.

The DEF is a 20-liter tank. You are now left with less than 7 liters. As soon as you reach 25%, the XUV will start throwing alerts. Don't delay it any further. Get it done now.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 17:54   #8278
BHPian

Hi. I have AX7L D MT and covered about 9200kms in about 10 months. Driving is great and power is superb. The suspension handles well at higher speeds rather than low speeds.
Following are some of my observations and queries which I hope some from this forum will answer.
Has anybody checked out the new BS6.2 engine ? It is supposed to have some kind of onboard monitoring device to ensure emission control in real time. Is there a device that can be identified and whether we can check emission levels using that ?
In my previous trips the phone connection was erratic some times. Once it gets disconnected, it refuses to reconnect inspite of all the rebooting of car as well as phone. Any reason has come out for this behaviour ?
I stopped connecting my phone for a different reason though. There was no way to take call privately on phone instead of the car speakers. With latest Android Connect update, this was resolved and I restarted connecting my phone to the car.
In my recent trip to Nellore I came across the same behaviour again somewhere near Kolar. It failed to connect the rest of the trip inspite of reboot of phone as well as car. Since I was going in a hurry, I did not try much.
After reaching Nellore tried reconnecting but system says connecting to phone but fails repeatedly. Deleted the phone and tried adding phone again. Now it showed the phone in add devices but failed to connect. Nothing happens on phone screen. Checked out blutooth menu on phone and Mahindra was showing up there. Tried connecting from phone and it connected. Crazy.
Before starting my return trip I downloaded the maps for offline use. It worked flawlessly all the way to Bangalore. I do not know whether this could be the real reason or not. Any observations from others on this issue ?
Another observation with USB drive is that it plays songs erratically. Some times the songs are repeated as if it is playing tracks again and again from same directory. Does not skip to the next directory. Pressing the next ^ will bring it out. After the recent trip I wanted to delete some songs from the drive but I am getting an error message that disk is write protected. Even unable to format the drive. Is there any setting in the infotainment system to mark the disk write protected that I am not aware of ?
On connecting the USB disk to laptop it always gives an alert that there is some problem with diskdrive and offers to repair. Confirmation clears the error. I do not know what error is creeping in when we connect the diskdrive to car infotainment system.
Old 9th April 2023, 18:41   #8279
BHPian

So, finally did the PDI today and was happy with it.

Would take the delivery tomorrow or day after. Final couple of queries:
1. Is it worth taking the extending warranty for 4th and 5th year? It costs around 44k and it I take it just before the end of 3rd year it will cost ~50k. Was wondering if it is worth taking it?
2. Having second thoughts about the side foot step. I have small kids (10 months and 4 years) and elderly parents but I am still unsure how much couple of inches will make a difference, If someone can share their experience, it will be great! Thanks.

Cheers,
Vins
Vins7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 20:23   #8280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
In my previous trips the phone connection was erratic some times. Once it gets disconnected, it refuses to reconnect inspite of all the rebooting of car as well as phone. Any reason has come out for this behaviour ?

In my recent trip to Nellore I came across the same behaviour again somewhere near Kolar. It failed to connect the rest of the trip inspite of reboot of phone as well as car. Since I was going in a hurry, I did not try much.
After reaching Nellore tried reconnecting but system says connecting to phone but fails repeatedly. Deleted the phone and tried adding phone again. Now it showed the phone in add devices but failed to connect. Nothing happens on phone screen. Checked out blutooth menu on phone and Mahindra was showing up there. Tried connecting from phone and it connected. Crazy.
Before starting my return trip I downloaded the maps for offline use. It worked flawlessly all the way to Bangalore. I do not know whether this could be the real reason or not. Any observations from others on this issue ?
My observation - The Wireless Android Auto is very flaky. With every update of AA on the phone, something breaks (& recovers after another update). The behaviour is different in different phones. With the same version of Android (13) & AA (9.x), things seem to work well with Pixel 7 & not with 1+8T. As an example, when AA rolled out the option to switch the audio path (between BT, Handset & Handset Speaker), the BT path wouldn't work on 1+8T. On Wired AA (on a different car), with the same phone, it worked pretty seamless. With AA Mar31st update, it seems to be resolved.

I had the same issue you described, couple of months back. With the recent AA updates, I don't see the connection issue anyone. Almost always connects every time. My suggestion - Before you start your car, keep the data & BT on in your phone.

In my experience, there aren't too many options to fix these issues. In the car, restart, delete/add phone, on/off BT. In the phone, clear AA cache, storage. If you land up with a version of AA that works well with the car, turn off auto-update in playstore for it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Another observation with USB drive is that it plays songs erratically. Some times the songs are repeated as if it is playing tracks again and again from same directory. Does not skip to the next directory. Pressing the next ^ will bring it out. After the recent trip I wanted to delete some songs from the drive but I am getting an error message that disk is write protected. Even unable to format the drive. Is there any setting in the infotainment system to mark the disk write protected that I am not aware of ?
On connecting the USB disk to laptop it always gives an alert that there is some problem with diskdrive and offers to repair. Confirmation clears the error. I do not know what error is creeping in when we connect the diskdrive to car infotainment system.
There could be multiple issues here. With the memory stick, the car's SW doesn't remember the last song/folder player. 95% of the time, it (very annoyingly) starts with the 1st song of the 1st folder . Can someone confirm, if this issue is resolved in the latest 10.14.x update? I am yet to update.

I haven't tried this myself, but the delete option may only be available for the internal car drive, not for the USB stick. This may be for security reasons, to prevent accidental deletes in the USB stick.

The repair prompt doesn't mean the disk is corrupted. Simple repair should be good enough. As long as the car music system plays songs, you should be good.
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks