Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2023, 11:03   #8281
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Would take the delivery tomorrow or day after. Final couple of queries:
1. What variant do you pick up? If it is AX7 or above, I would certainly recommend the ext warranty considering the ton of sensors on board this vehicle. I personally picked this up for extra peace of mind.
2. Yes - it makes a big difference for kids and the elderly. In my case, I don't plan to ferry small kids but my MIL (who is on the shorter side as well) complains of the high step every time she steps on board. Also - the Mahindra ones are quite sleek + do not reduce the ground clearance by much. Yea - but they are on the expensive side.

Cheers

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2023 at 01:20. Reason: Quote trimmed.
kedar_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 11:41   #8282
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the delivery!!!

Yes for both:
1. If you want to drive and keep your car for a long time, an extended warranty is always good. Even though it's a bit expensive, it might save you a lot of money in the long run or make it easier to sell your vehicle.
2. The side footstep will definitely help the kids in getting in and out of the car easily and is a required for kids and elderly. Even my wife, not that tall , finds it very helpful.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2023 at 01:20. Reason: Quote trimmed.
har_war_09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 12:22   #8283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great! Doing PDI is like getting married...

1. Extended warranty is like car insurance without legal obligations. No one can tell you when you need insurance. We all pray for no claims, even though it means our policy premium goes 100% waste in the owner's point of view

2. Added-on side steps dilute the SUV-ish image of any SUV; from SUV to MUV, IMHO. The Thar etc. come with sidesteps as a part of the design, so no issues. This is just my opinion only. Peace.

Yes, even a couple of inches will definitely make a big difference! Especially for the elders.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2023 at 01:22. Reason: Quote trimmed.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 20:12   #8284

1. Is it worth taking the extending warranty for 4th and 5th year? It costs around 44k and it I take it just before the end of 3rd year it will cost ~50k. Was wondering if it is worth taking it?
2. Having second thoughts about the side foot step. I have small kids (10 months and 4 years) and elderly parents but I am still unsure how much couple of inches will make a difference, If someone can share their experience, it will be great! Thanks.

Cheers,
Vins[/quote]

Congratulations !!
1. Yes, the extended warranty would definitely help mitigate any future system failures, particularly electronics ones.
2. Sidesteps, is helpful but paying more than 20K for this seems a lot to me. Check outside and you should get something under 10K for similar looking sidesteps, I am also looking for this option.
navrai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 00:00   #8285
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

I have a very serious issue cropping up in my xuv700 Ax7 D MT. While doing a road trip this weekend on the hills, I suddenly noticed the infamous HHC error. I stopped and restarted the car, and as usual it vanished. However after munching some miles and coming to the plains, I see AEBS off message, then an error pops up stating check ABS, then I check all my ADAS features are disabled. Even the drive modes are disabled. Then further ahead I check the Hill decline control and the traction control physical buttons are not working either. All this while the car was running just fine and the brakes were working as intended. In the settings I see the driver assist option greyed out completely.
I have dropped the car at my nearest service station. Initially they told it could be mouse biting off one of the rear wheel sensors, but on closer inspection they didn't find anything wrong. The car is still in service station with them having no clue about it.
I'm attaching few snapshots of the errors, please do let me know if anyone else is or have had faced similar issue.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230410_084404.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230410_084334.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230410_084329.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230410_084314.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230410_084750.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2023 at 01:23. Reason: Updated model trim. EDIT: Typos fixed. Pictures inserted in-line.
Monty1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 11:13   #8286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loremipsum View Post
In terms of mileage on highways I am getting 14kmpl in MID and 13kmpl tank to tank with 2 people seated, is this normal?
I think you should let the car run in for a few 100 kms and see. Most of the cars give better mileage only after the first oil change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
That's good. I'm getting an average of 12 to 12.5 in Kerala traffic conditions. Here the concept of being on the highway is vague.
I think that’s a good mileage for Kerala roads.
With Lots of traffic and twisties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loremipsum View Post
Do you think my lower mileage figures are due to BS6.2? my run was 200km on an almost empty highway (early morning) and speed limited to 90-97kmph, I specifically kept myself as light footed to check max mileage.
As per my SA, BS6.2 deliveries have commenced only in April. So yours should be
BS6 most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
I'm attaching few snapshots of the errors, please do let me know if anyone else is or have had faced similar issue.
Ghosh, so many issues with XUV700 even after
2 years of launch ? I am really thinking of cancelling the booking. Can’t put up with inconsistencies and poor reliability. I’d rather go for Scorpio N with less electronics?

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2023 at 01:25. Reason: Quotes trimmed, spacing. Please quote relevant sections of posts only. Thanks!
FlyboyQP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 11:47   #8287

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post
As per my SA, BS6.2 deliveries have commenced only in April. So yours should be
BS6 most likely.
Mine is BS6.2 as it is mentioned in the barcode sticker present on manual.
loremipsum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 11:50   #8288
KBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
please do let me know if anyone else is or have had faced similar issue.
I too faced the same issue just a few days back. These warnings vanished automatically but now my ACC got glitchy and it works once or twice after vehicle start and then after we stop vehicle or disengage ACC by applying brake, it always says Adaptive cruise control condition not met on the cluster. I informed this to service manager today only. Lets see how this goes. Mine is AX7L D AT.

Last edited by graaja : 10th May 2023 at 10:50. Reason: Minor typo: break >> brake
Old 11th April 2023, 12:42   #8289

Has anyone seen the AX7L audio Amp/DSP? does it have independent inputs for all the channels? I am thinking of using external audio decoder that can support hi-res audio. According to Sony it is located somewhere near the subwoofer.
Old 11th April 2023, 12:46   #8290
BHPian

Query : Seeking Suggestions on Converting 5 seater XUV700 (AX5 Petrol AT) to 7 seater

** Not sure if this has been asked before , if 'Yes' please point me to that discussion.

Friends,

I am looking to buy XUV700 AX5 Petrol AT however it does not come with last row of seats. It's a 5 seater setup. Mahindra sales guy told me that they do provide last row seats as an additional accessory. However, he is not sure of it will be an issue with the Traffic authorities and if it can be registered to avoid any traffic non-compliance rules.

Can someone please suggest If we can get 3rd row seat added without flouting any rules ?
Old 11th April 2023, 13:16   #8291
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Can someone please suggest If we can get 3rd row seat added without flouting any rules ?
No, you can not. Unless, you get it endorsed/changed in your RC stating that your car is now a 7 seater. First of all, I am not sure if it is possible, secondly, even if it is possible, the process is going to be far from easy.

So practically speaking, the answer to your question is no, though technically speaking, there is a chance.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2023 at 01:24. Reason: Spacing.
Old 11th April 2023, 20:33   #8292

Disheartened XUV 700 customer with cracked sunroof!

Hello BHPians,

I bought home my very first car XUV 700 on 23rd March( just 18 days ago). The joy filled my family and friends alike until the 7th April Saturday. The sunroof of my car neatly parked in an enclosed basement had cracked all of a sudden(please refer to attached images)! The vertical cuts and cracked open from inside shows that there was no external impact at all. However, the service head of the India garage service center concluded that it was due to an external impact, just by hardly looking at the sunroof for 2 mins and pointing to a dot which he presumes is the impacted place. But, I can show 10s of such minute marks on the shattered glass.

This was an absolute shocker for all of us because a brand new car from Mahindra with 5-star safety ratings had its sunroof cracked suddenly without any reason! The service head told me that he would send a mail to the Mahindra plant and wait for the response(Since it was a Saturday, he told that the response would only come on Monday or Tuesday). However, he refused to keep us in the loop or provide us with a copy of the rejection mail that he claims to have received on 11th April. This lack of transparency is concerning, and I am disappointed with the way this matter has been handled so far.

I understand that accidents can happen, and we are willing to get the sunroof fixed through insurance. However, I strongly believe that this is a manufacturing defect, and should not be held responsible for the cost of repair. Investing lakhs together only to find the sunroof getting cracked open all of a sudden is an ordeal no enthusiast should be facing.

I request suggestions and advice on how to proceed in this regard.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230411-7.55.56-pm-1.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230411-7.55.56-pm.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2023 at 01:23. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Old 11th April 2023, 21:24   #8293
BHPian

Quote:
So, finally did the PDI today and was happy with it.
Congrats for your new car!

The side step enhances overall look of the car.
It gives added protection to the sides of the car.
The step itself is very useful,not only for kids but for me as well (i am 6 feet tall).I feel jerk if I try to egress without using side step.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2023 at 01:24. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 00:18   #8294
BHPian

Thank you for all your inputs on my queries.

1. I did go for 4th/5th year warranty.
2. Also, I did go for the side step. Watching the difference between my 4 year trying to get in the car without using the side step and then with using the side step makes the 24k odd worth it. It is a definite yes for anyone else who is confused!

And yes, I did take the delivery today Midnight Black AX7 D AT. She is a beaut !!!

Cheers,
Vins
Vins7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 07:16   #8295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Query : Seeking Suggestions on Converting 5 seater XUV700 (AX5 Petrol AT) to 7 seater

It would definetly need to be endorsed in the car's RC. There is surely a process to do this for commercial vehicles as per my knowledge, but not sure if it's the same for private registered vehicles.
Check with any RTO agent, before buying those 3rd row seats. Unless endorsed in RC, you can get challaned and also your insurance would be invalid.
Note that you still would not have AC, charging socket and seat belts on the 3rd row.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks