Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2023, 18:18   #8221

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Eco drive score and mileage is only for the MT variant and not AT. This isuue has been discussed several times in the past.

As far as mileage is concerned my L D AT AWD (july 22 delivered) is giving 13 KMPL within city and 15-16 KMPL on long highway drives on tankfull method.
Do you think my lower mileage figures are due to BS6.2? my run was 200km on an almost empty highway (early morning) and speed limited to 90-97kmph, I specifically kept myself as light footed to check max mileage.
Old 3rd April 2023, 19:19   #8222

Got my XUV700 AX7LAT Diesel delivered in Feb after 7 month of wait! I see a lot of people are mentioning that their car model is BS6.2. Documentation with my car simply says Bharat Stage VI. How do I verify if it is 6.2?
Old 3rd April 2023, 19:21   #8223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loremipsum View Post
Do you think my lower mileage figures are due to BS6.2? my run was 200km on an almost empty highway (early morning) and speed limited to 90-97kmph, I specifically kept myself as light footed to check max mileage.
What is your ODO reading? Let the car settle in a bit if its relatively new. There could be several factors at play - new car, AT is trying to adjust to the user, you are trying to adjust to the AT, fuel quality

Just give it some more time, enjoy the car and see how things pan out. I don't know if BS6.2 will have an impact on FE
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 21:41   #8224

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
What is your ODO reading? Let the car settle in a bit if its relatively new. There could be several factors at play - new car, AT is trying to adjust to the user, you are trying to adjust to the AT, fuel quality

Just give it some more time, enjoy the car and see how things pan out. I don't know if BS6.2 will have an impact on FE
ODO is 2124 km, yeah I am hoping it is due to engine being new. I also noticed gear change happening at 2100 to 2300 RPM. Even at 6th gear my realtime mileage instantly drops to 8-10 even at 20-30% throttle.
Old 3rd April 2023, 21:46   #8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriTraPh View Post
Got my XUV700 AX7LAT Diesel delivered in Feb after 7 month of wait! I see a lot of people are mentioning that their car model is BS6.2. Documentation with my car simply says Bharat Stage VI. How do I verify if it is 6.2?
Another way to check this is if your car has auto start stop switch then it is BS6.2 because as I remember it wasn't available in Diesel AT earlier but in BS6.2 they added it as my AWD variant has it and it's BS6.2
loremipsum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 23:07   #8226

Hi All

This is my first post on team-bhp.

I own a XUV 700 L D AT AWD which was delivered in the month of Jan 2023 and during my recent drive to my home town in Kerala, i had lost one my front number plate along with the number plate holder that i had fixed from Bangalore. I applied for a new number plate replacement from the same shop where i got the number plate holders. He charged 1500/- but installed the front number plate at the rear and rear one at the front. Also he gave me just an orange sticker for the windshield. I went back with this concern to the shop and the shop keeper told me that all replacement number plates for diesel cars come with just an orange sticker and the orange sticker with a green band on top is not provided. I did write to the RTO on this but could get any response from them. Though the shopkeeper promised to replace the plates there is no news from him for nearly a month. Can anybody help out on this topic whether its ok to drive with the plates fixed this way and with an orange sticker.
Old 3rd April 2023, 23:38   #8227

Quote:
Another way to check this is if your car has auto start stop switch then it is BS6.2 because as I remember it wasn't available in Diesel AT earlier but in BS6.2 they added it as my AWD variant has it and it's BS6.2
Can you please help with the location of that switch?
Old 4th April 2023, 00:25   #8228
BHPian

1. Does ax5 and ax7 variants have the option of installing SD card?
I have ax5 d Mt and the service person was informing me that SD card can be inserted only on ax7 L.
2. Has anyone successfully installed tpms on ax5? Read in other thread that OEM tpms can be installed for ~5k or so but not sure how many here have actually installed the same.
3. I have the problem of door handle sticking out most of the times even when the doors are locked from inside. Is the issue common?
Old 4th April 2023, 08:22   #8229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Anybody using VIAIR inflator for their XUV700? XUV700 would need a total cable + hose length of around 4m to reach front left tyres. Not able to make a decision from the specifications online.
I purchased this Tyre Inflator from Tusa: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075F5BB3C

It has a 12 feet cable and just about reaches the front left tyre. Does the job.
shubham_2206 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 11:03   #8230

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvchetan View Post
It's below the right AC vent, where traction control switch is present.
Old 4th April 2023, 11:45   #8231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only thing that has been added in the 6.2 version is the OBD2 for real time emission monitoring. I do not think this has anything to do with the mileage. I really do not think about the mileage too much when I drive the car. Rather I fully enjoy the power-on-demand and the comfort while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriTraPh View Post
Feb 23 has a mix of BS6 and BS6.2 - the best option would be to check your invoice / registration certificate.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvchetan View Post
You mean to say the "Micro-Hybrid technology" - right.
The button is on the right side of the steering - for details refer to clause 6.13 of the manual.

As far as I know this system was introduced much before the 6.2 versions sometime in 2022. You're right that this was not present in the initial batches of the AT, like my car does'nt have this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
1. Does ax5 and ax7 variants have the option of installing SD card?
I have ax5 d Mt and the service person was informing me that SD card can be inserted only on ax7 L.
2. Has anyone successfully installed tpms on ax5? Read in other thread that OEM tpms can be installed for ~5k or so but not sure how many here have actually installed the same.
3. I have the problem of door handle sticking out most of the times even when the doors are locked from inside. Is the issue common?
SD facility is available only in L variants that come with 360 degree view.
For OEM TPMS in AX5 kindly refer to @ravenavi's thread. It contains all the details.
Sommos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 13:31   #8232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham_2206 View Post
I purchased this Tyre Inflator from Tusa: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075F5BB3C
How's Tusa overall ? How much time will it take to top up, from 25 to 33 psi ? Also how are the noise levels ? Any negatives as per your experience ?

I was just about to place the order for one.
Old 4th April 2023, 14:18   #8233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
How's Tusa overall ? How much time will it take to top up, from 25 to 33 psi ? Also how are the noise levels ? Any negatives as per your experience ?

I was just about to place the order for one.
My car is 4 months old and I've used the inflator twice so far, to fill from ~29 to 33 psi. Must have taken 2-3 mins tops, definitely not longer as I would've remembered if it was more than this. Noise level is fine, not too loud and not too quite.

Again, I've only used it twice, so not sure if I qualify for a reliable review. I purchased it based on good reviews of this brand on Youtube and the fact that the cable is long enough to fill all the tyres. Buying a wireless inflator was a No for me as I've read that those cannot fill the tyres completely on a single charge from a low pressure level. Wanted a hassle free tool, so went for it.
shubham_2206 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 16:53   #8234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Faced an issue with my AX7L P last evening. Posting here to check if anyone else faced it. And if any resolution was found.

Had traveled to Chikkamagalur yesterday morning. Evening, around 6:30 PM, after saying my good byes, tried to unlock the car. Nothing happens! I had just opened the car using the remote key 30 mins ago. All was well. Not sure what changed.

The red light on the remote lights up when ever I press any button on the key. But nothing happens on the car. Tried using the Adrenox app. It kept saying operation failed.

Any idea what happened, and what the permanent fix would be? Disconnecting the battery every time this happens will be a pain.

Now I recall, a couple of months ago, one fine morning, when I tried to open the car using the remote, it did not respond. Since I was in a hurry, went back to my trusted Honda, and was on my way in that car. Next day when I tried unlocking the XUV, it behaved as if nothing had happened. All fine, till last evening!
Phew - happened to me yesterday after 50days of ownership. Had parked in a restaurant basement. Upon return from dinner, the car failed to respond to the keyless entry using the door handle. Tried using the remote as well and it blinked red - but the car refused to open. Tried using the Adrenox app - but that too did not respond to my unlock command. By now it was a bit of an embarrassing situation so I tried diffusing it a bit with some chit chat with friends.
The friends started to leave one by one and at the end it us just the missus and me with her asking 'are you planning to stay here'. I sheepishly replied that the car is not responding. She says try using the remote - and lo and behold, the car unlocked. I just kept quiet, started the car and we got underway.

These incidents make me have doubts about the reliability of the vehicle during critical situations. I am posting this here so that in case any of you face the same, it would ring a bell and you'll can take it up with your SC.

Cheers!
kedar_GT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 19:46   #8235
BHPian

Hey Fellow XUV 700 owners,

So I recently took delivery of a petrol automatic AX7L around 15 days back, and from the first day the car used to drift slight towards to the left - specially noticeable at high speeds on highways - I dismissed it thinking that I will get it rectified at the first service.

So, yesterday I sent it for its first service and asked the SC to get the same rectified, and when I recieved the car back - the drift started happening to the right side and also the resting position of the steering was very slightly towards the left. So today, i took the car back to the service centre and they did some changes, though now the car isn't drifting in any direction, all I am bothered with is the resting position of the steering when driving straight - it is ever so slightly bent towards the left and even if i let go of steering on straight road - it will keep on moving straight - but the steering would be ever so slightly bent towards the left. When I checked the same with the SC - they said that this is common with all 700's and this is common complaint and this is the normal resting position of the steering.

Can someone through some light on this. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks