Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2023, 15:48   #8176
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post
Thank you Sandeep and Psbali. Another confusion I have is with Nexon MAX. I like the car but it’s a 3rd choice for my wife. I don’t mind compromising ADAS for its brilliant running costs, quiet and plush ride and the 80EEB savings. And I believe maintenance is also way less than ICE cars, due to regen braking( it’s a plus considering wife’s brake loving habit ). And my highway trips over 200 kms would be once is 2-3 months and not much.

I know all these cars are from different segments but fall under 18-26 lakh budget.

Thank you all
To give you a little more background on how I booked Xuv700.

I used to own a seltos which i sold and was looking for a replacement. I am currently driving my dad's nexon ev prime xm model(which will remain with me after getting 700).

I almost purchased a Nexon Max 2022 XZ+ Variant for 18 Lacs after really good discounts but some issue cropped up in loan process. I was already in two minds as I somehow could not digest spending so much on a 4 mtr car considering I was replacing a decent sized suv and used that loan issue as an excuse to get out of the deal.

No doubt that my min 25 km daily drive costs me 2500 to 3000 a month and the car has saved me 1 lac in fuel costs but we bought XM for 12.5 lacs after 2.5 lac subsidy and 18 lacs for a minor 50 kms bump in range is not worth losing the flexibility of an ICE Car.

For eg I may have to urgently travel to a nearby city in the next few days on short notice and I have to keep my car charged and just got to know from our city's ev group that a particular charger on which I was relying for this trip doesnt have electricity as Tata Power hasnt paid the electricity bill.

A main reason why I went and took a TD of ZS Ev was to look for an alternate that gives a better range. Thats how I turned my attention to Hector Smart AT which is available for 20 to 21 lacs which in turn led me to exploring 700 and Harrier as an option.

I dont consider using an EV as a highway car at all. I have only taken my ev to mahabaleshwar once and the story deserves a separate post as it is that funny.
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 16:06   #8177
BHPian

XUV 700 Petrol AT - 2.0L Turbo - 200hp

City Mileage with heavy traffic - 5-7 kmpl
City Mileage with normal traffic - 7-10 kmpl
Highway Mileage (80-100kmph) - 12-14 kmpl
Highway Mileage (spirited driving) - 10-12 kmpl

Average mileage since purchase (1841kms) = 10.5kmpl with 70% highway and 30% city use with fair amount of stationary running with AC on.

But its still worth it as its a hoot to drive!

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230327-15.42.52.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roraxuv View Post
Greetings.
I recently purchased the XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT and am due for the first servicing after 1000 kms. I have a couple of questions :

1) Can one expect any significant increase in fuel efficiency after the first service? The current mileage I am getting is just about 7 to 7.5 km/l in city traffic.
Saw no change in FE after 1st service as they did nothing except updating the software and checking the mounts n bolts.
vikash49 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 17:38   #8178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Can you please share the ICE S/W version and confirm if it came with Apple Carplay ?
The latest SW version is 10.14.11 for L variants and 10.14.12 for non-L variants.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 18:09   #8179
Bit
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone ,

Xuv will cost me 26L OTR
Where/How are you getting AX7L Diesel AT for 26L OTR?

Assuming your city being Chennai (from your profile), it is nowhere close to 26L :O

Are you getting any offers or such?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-700_chennai.jpg
Bit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 18:44   #8180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Where/How are you getting AX7L Diesel AT for 26L OTR?

Assuming your city being Chennai (from your profile), it is nowhere close to 26L :O

Are you getting any offers or such?

Attachment 2433880
Must be BH registration for all you know?
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 19:07   #8181
BHPian

My native is Pondicherry ! That’s where I’ll get the registered. It comes out to 26.4 as on date.
Old 27th March 2023, 19:46   #8182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Apple Carplay is working fine, we tested it. My phone is android however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The latest SW version is 10.14.11 for L variants and 10.14.12 for non-L variants.
Sent my car to sort out some minor issues and SW updation. It came back with 10.14.11

I have been eagerly awaiting for the Carplay, as I believe the quality of music is best when played from Apple Music

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230327-7.34.55-pm.jpeg
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 21:53   #8183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
To give you a little more background on how I booked Xuv700.

I used to own a seltos which i sold and was looking for a replacement. I am currently driving my dad's nexon ev prime xm model(which will remain with me after getting 700).

I almost purchased a Nexon Max 2022 XZ+ Variant for 18 Lacs after really good discounts but some issue cropped up in loan process. I was already in two minds as I somehow could not digest spending so much on a 4 mtr car considering I was replacing a decent sized suv and used that loan issue as an excuse to get out of the deal.

No doubt that my min 25 km daily drive costs me 2500 to 3000 a month and the car has saved me 1 lac in fuel costs but we bought XM for 12.5 lacs after 2.5 lac subsidy and 18 lacs for a minor 50 kms bump in range is not worth losing the flexibility of an ICE Car.

For eg I may have to urgently travel to a nearby city in the next few days on short notice and I have to keep my car charged and just got to know from our city's ev group that a particular charger on which I was relying for this trip doesnt have electricity as Tata Power hasnt paid the electricity bill.

A main reason why I went and took a TD of ZS Ev was to look for an alternate that gives a better range. Thats how I turned my attention to Hector Smart AT which is available for 20 to 21 lacs which in turn led me to exploring 700 and Harrier as an option.

I dont consider using an EV as a highway car at all. I have only taken my ev to mahabaleshwar once and the story deserves a separate post as it is that funny.

Thanks for the great insight. My wife exactly felt the same, that Nexon EV MAX is not worth 19L.
But I some how inclined toward it for the savings. As far as highway charging, the cost comes down to pretty much the diesel car.

So you think I should go for xuv700 ? My delivery time line is oct - Nov 23 and it shows
BS 6.2. I booked it in oct 22 with Ampl, Chrompet. They promised mar 23 delivery but
now taking BS6.2 as excuse and asking for another 2 months.

Do you think Mahindra would have ironed out all
The hardware and software issues in this version ? It’s kinda scary reading up this entire
thread. I never had any of these issues in my
Previous/present cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-8713c2e5566940b7bd28bc422468f3a4.jpeg  

Old 27th March 2023, 22:36   #8184
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the great insight. My wife exactly felt the same, that Nexon EV MAX is not worth 19L.
But I some how inclined toward it for the savings. As far as highway charging, the cost comes down to pretty much the diesel car.

So you think I should go for xuv700 ? My delivery time line is oct - Nov 23 and it shows
BS 6.2. I booked it in oct 22 with Ampl, Chrompet. They promised mar 23 delivery but
now taking BS6.2 as excuse and asking for another 2 months.

Do you think Mahindra would have ironed out all
The hardware and software issues in this version ? It’s kinda scary reading up this entire
thread. I never had any of these issues in my
Previous/present cars.
Charging an EV at a fast charger is getting expensive and since march 2022 I have seen rates go up from 18 to 25 rs a unit. A person who owns a FC hardware company in our EV group has stated that companies are going to further hike the prices to 30 rs per unit soon. That puts the cost per km above 3 rs a km. A good diesel engine gives you around 5 to 6 rs per km on a highway. Ev as a highway car is too much work imho.

About which car to go for. I was in the same boat as you and I chose 700.

Lets hope that all's well with the BS6.2 version.

I suggest you start contacting other dealers. If I hadnt done that I wouldn't have got a car so soon.

Last edited by psbali : 27th March 2023 at 22:40.
psbali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 00:10   #8185

Greetings,

I am pleased to inform you all that I recently received my XUV 7OO AX7 L AWD .

After having two back-to-back Orrisa trips in my EcoSport with a full Family (4 Adults + 2 infants), I felt the need for a bigger car as it was getting a little cramped for my growing family and it was difficult to get luggage for all of us, especially with two babies. Also, during my last trip in December 2022, my EcoSport got stuck on loose soil inside Simlipal forest, the tyres were not getting any traction and I had to put in a lot of effort to escape that situation. Overall, it was time that I start looking for a successor to EcoSport (2015 Diesel Titanium).

My plan was always to buy an electric vehicle as my next change, but the lack of any practical 7-seater option as of now made me move towards ICE vehicles. There was no plan from Tata or Mahindra to offer a 7-seater before 2026 and add 1-2 years to that to get a stable product, so practically I would have to wait until 2027 for a VFM Electric SUV. So, after some research, I decided to go ahead with XUV 7OO. As the waiting period was too high, I thought let me just book it and I will have a year to think if I needed it. I went ahead and booked my XUV 7OO AX7L AWD on 5th Jan 2023 with a booking amount of Rs 21000.

The dealer said that even if the official waiting period is high, he would get the vehicle delivered in 6 to 8 months. He even asked if I have any issues taking early delivery if any free stock vehicles are being available due to cancellations, to which I said I had no issues getting the vehicle early.

After reading through team this Team-BHP thread, I found that it is a good idea to follow up with dealers regularly, hence I decided to check with them every month end. So, when I followed up in Jan 2023 end, he said that he is aware and nothing is currently available. He will keep updating in case anything is available. To my surprise, I got a call from him the very next day and he informed me that a free stock XUV 7OO AX7L AWD is available as someone switched his booking to Scorpio N 4WD. I asked him if I can confirm tomorrow, to which he said it is not possible to delay as someone else from other showrooms might block it for their client. He finally gave me 30 mins to decide if I wanted it. He confirmed that it is January manufactured car and will be in transit soon. I decided to grab the car as, like most of us, didn’t want to wait so long. He said he will block and confirm within 30 mins, but he did not revert even after an hour. When I checked back, he said someone else also contacted his boss and is ready to pay in full in cash today. So, we were now 2nd in the queue, the other person was given time till night to arrange the cash and book it, if he is not able to do it, we would get the booking. He said whether it is positive or negative for us, he will let me know tomorrow. Looking at the other person’s confidence to pay in full cash, I thought we narrowly missed the chance to own an XUV AWD within a month of booking. The next day I got a call from the dealer informing me that the other person could not arrange the cash and the car had been allotted to me. Yippee, we were so happy, a kind of miracle had happened, we were about to get the car within a month of booking. The dealer said that the car will be in transit soon and it will take around 2-3 weeks to get the car to reach the local warehouse and that he would try his best to deliver by February 2023 end.

Soon, the process for the payment etc. started. They took the full payment in advance. Within 3 weeks my XUV 7OO was ready for delivery. I went for PDI a day before the delivery and on 22nd February 2023, we got our brand-new car. The experience so far has been great. I got both the car key, but the sequential tail lights were missing. The salesperson was clueless about them being offered after a few months.

The car is pretty easy to drive, though I must confess that it felt like driving a mini truck for a week, maybe because I was too conscious of its size while driving around. No issues or niggles so far. Still figuring out how and when auto start-stop is properly triggered as it is not consistent. I guess there are some rules set which hopefully I will figure out with time. Apple car play is working like charm. The speaker system is ok, but not very impressed with them (I am used to the entry-level Bose TV speaker system at home). The 360-degree camera is also just ok, I feel it has lag and also the side camera view is not that great. I had an aftermarket 360-degree camera in my EcoSport and its side view was much better as it used to show the wide-angle video right from the nose of the car and not just the tyres. It also had a mode to see both the side video together. No further complaints, I will keep you guys posted on my ownership experience. Hopefully, I would cover all the Indian states one day with this car.
princegaurav is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 11:11   #8186
BHPian

Came across this screenshot from the Adrenox App on facebook that also shows the Fuel Economy of the last trip:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230330-11.00.36.jpeg

However, my Adrenox App shows other details like max speed, alerts, etc but does not show the Fuel Economy of the last trip:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230330-11.00.02.jpeg

Any idea how to enable this data in the settings?

P.S. Mine is an AX7 Petrol AT
vikash49 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 11:23   #8187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Came across this screenshot from the Adrenox App on facebook that also shows the Fuel Economy of the last trip:

Unfortunately, this is not available for Petrol AT. That's a miss from M&M.
Screenshot would most likely be from AWD version.
Old 30th March 2023, 11:53   #8188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post

However, my Adrenox App shows other details like max speed, alerts, etc but does not show the Fuel Economy of the last trip:

It is available only in MT and not in AT, not even in L version; no idea why.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 12:21   #8189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Unfortunately, this is not available for Petrol AT. That's a miss from M&M.
Screenshot would most likely be from AWD version.
Are you sure this is due to AT variant and not due to the mobile OS platform? I always thought that the Android version of Adrenox Connect app showed trip mileage irrespective of the vehicle variant and the IOS version of the app did not. Maybe, I am wrong, but I would be curious to know if Vikash49 is using an Android or an IOS device.
Old 30th March 2023, 13:00   #8190
BHPian

Question to owners of variant AX5 and below.
The car comes with only one USB port in the front and none of the variants come with a 12V socket in the front. Now I want to connect a Dash cam and also have to charge a mobile. How are you managing it?
Also, the USB port available is active even when the vehicle is turned off and locked, which would mean that if I connect the dash cam to the port provided, it will run 24x7 even when vehicle is off. I don't want that. Any solutions for this?
I am aware that I can get a 12V socket easily installed in the after market, but don't want to do that to avoid any electrical warranty issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks