Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2023, 13:37   #8146
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Why do you say, long term engine harming? Unless the engine cold starts, there should be no impact or damage. I think of this feature as a sleep mode at signals, and actually find it quite useful.
Let's say you've have driven pretty fast above 2000rpm where turbo spools and then come to a signal or junction and waits for some time, in this condition the vehicle stops due to Auto start stop feature. This particular scenario is not good for turbo.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 14:46   #8147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
In addition, I simply could not fathom that 360 degree camera is not available even as an optional extra in lower variants. It is now a norm for even hatchbacks! AX7 for me would have been ideal had they provided just the 360 degree cam as optional!
But then - isn't it simply to ensure higher sales of the higher trim, that brings more margin to the manufacturer?

If we use this logic (that something is a norm in even hatchbacks now) - everything from the C1 segment now - should have only 1 trim variant, that has all features. No variant list at all , because one or the other car in the segments upto B2 - now gets premium features - even sunroofs or ventilated seats.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 15:24   #8148
BHPian

Thanks all for your valuable feedback, after much thought I am planning to go ahead with AX7 Diesel Automatic.
I feel AX7L features justifies the increased price tag, but the stretch is not making me feel comfortable. Also, AX7 has all the necessary features which I hope will keep me satisfied throughout my ownership.
We already have electronic parking brake and auto hold in our Creta, since I have a good amount of experience with the same it’s not something I would miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
No variant list at all , because one or the other car in the segments upto B2 - now gets premium features - even sunroofs or ventilated seats.
That is so true I felt ventilated seats should have been offered, this I would have surely missed if it was available in AX7L.
Old 24th March 2023, 16:39   #8149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
AFAIK, this is harmful for the turbos. Imagine having done a high speed run and you stop to take a break and this thing shuts the engine down, doesn't let your turbo spool down. Ideally for all cars with turbo, you should let the turbo spool down after a spirited run to avoid damage to the fins in the long run. I let the car idle for at least 3 minutes before turning it off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Let's say you've have driven pretty fast above 2000rpm where turbo spools and then come to a signal or junction and waits for some time, in this condition the vehicle stops due to Auto start stop feature. This particular scenario is not good for turbo.
Interesting view points. This has been discussed at length on another thread I guess and the logic does make sense.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...op-system.html (Turbocharged engines and the idling start / stop system)

Section 6.13 of the XUV7OO mentions the conditions for the ESS feature to get triggerred. There is certainly mention of battery protection, so no worries on the discharge of same due to frequent start/stop.

For Turbo, in any case, city traffic wouldn't allow for sudden stops from high rpm runs in most cases. The worry on highways should be alleviated by referring back to above thread and BHPian Jeroen's post, and I would tend to agree. M&M wouldn't provide such a feature without considering all use cases.
IvanBiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 21:06   #8150

Hello All

Super excited to share that I got the delivery of my AX7 L Petrol AT today. Though it was two days after Gudi Padwa I am still excited to get my hands on the beauty. My birthday gift arrived a week earlier . I am planning to get some sort of paint protection done soon but really not looking to spend 2+ lacs on PPF. I will keep the thread updated with what I opt for. Meanwhile sharing just the pic. I was overwhelmed with so much gadgetry after coming from 10 year old Jazz and a 5 year old Wagon R.

Looking forward to explore the adventurous destinations as well as all the features this beauty has to offer.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230324_205832.jpg  

vvidhate is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 23:42   #8151
BHPian

Some time back there was some news of facelift being tested. Is there any update on the same. I feel Xuv needs one update to fix all the small issues and offer features that are missing.
Old 25th March 2023, 09:05   #8152
BHPian

Hello everyone, My car is turning 7 months old in a few days and I still haven't received my second key. I have asked the SA multiple times and everytime he says he has not got it yet. What should I do now?
Old 25th March 2023, 09:44   #8153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Hello everyone, My car is turning 7 months old in a few days and I still haven't received my second key. I have asked the SA multiple times and everytime he says he has not got it yet. What should I do now?
Tweet to CC and tag Mr. Anand Mahindra.

The second key fob is actually received by the SC and not the Sales personnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
AFAIK, this is harmful for the turbos. Imagine having done a high speed run and you stop to take a break and this thing shuts the engine down, doesn't let your turbo spool down. Ideally for all cars with turbo, you should let the turbo spool down after a spirited run to avoid damage to the fins in the long run. I let the car idle for at least 3 minutes before turning it off.

I am lucky my car doesn't have it. The earlier AX7L AT models don't have it. No clue what was M&M thinking when it added it to the ATs

Below screenshot from the 7OO manual,
Attachment 2432543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
You really think that M&M engineers have not considered all the scenarios before providing such a feature in the car. Clause 6.3 of the manual itself says to run for a few seconds and not minutes.

Secondly, the system has an in-built diagnostic module that monitors various parameters before stopping or starting the engine and that list is quite elaborate. The engine temperature, the AC working condition, outside temperature etc.etc. and depending on the various parameters, the system may take a longer time to stop than the 3s norm.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th March 2023 at 11:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 13:30   #8154
BHPian

Having booked AX7LPAT 7 months ago and no delivery date in sight for next few months, had forgotten the feel of the car. So, barged into nearby Mahindra showroom for a test drive to soothe my fraying nerves. It was early morning, so got a test drive immediately and drove it for half hour. Some pointers, after test drive, which reinforce my belief in this car:
1. It was one year old test vehicle but didn't hear any kind of rattle or sound even after such continous abuse. It indicates sturdy build quality.
2. Amazing power in the vehicle. You press the gas pedal and it just zooms away. Also very good stability at high and low speed. Never ever I felt that car is slipping out of control.
3. Didn't drive like a big car. Drove more like a sedan which makes it a pretty good city vehicle.
4. However, somehow it also didn't feel very spacious inside. Not sure, it's only my perception or others in group also feel same.

Overall, quite happy with the re-test drive and can't wait more for the delivery of the car to get my hands on this gentle beast.
Old 25th March 2023, 15:02   #8155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Tweet to CC and tag Mr. Anand Mahindra.

The second key fob is actually received by the SC and not the Sales personnel.
Yes, I mentioned SA by mistake. I had messaged the SC itself and he was the one who said he hasn't received it. Will tweet now.
Old 25th March 2023, 15:42   #8156
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my AX7L D AT AWD (phew!) yesterday. I guess my booking and fulfillment process could be eligible for its own thread, instead I posted it in a relevant thread. You can read it here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5518639 (Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries)

The car came with sequential turn indicators, 2 keys, BS 6 phase 2 specs and (surprisingly) Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance tyres. I didn't take side steps or floor mats but opted for ceramic coating etc from the showroom itself. (I am not a city resident and dealing with detailing studio is a time-consuming work in March-April). Also opted illuminated skuff plates; Added Pharaoh 3D mats as per TBHPians' advise directly. All good.

Driven 67 kms so far and and the car genuinely displays 10 year of progress when compared to my (now sold) 2013 XUV500. to Mahindra.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 25th March 2023 at 15:43.
sandeepmdas is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 07:40   #8157
BHPian

Finally, I've measured tank-to-tank mileage for once in Mx diesel.

889 kms : 650 nearly highway, remaining city drive
Consumed: 49 liters
Combined mileage: 17.xx

I felt its mighty impressive but guys in Mx whatsapp group mentioned that 22kmpl on highway alone is easily achievable.

Next I will measure on Mysore expressway and keep you this thread updated.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 09:39   #8158
BHPian

Need help with finding side step.

I took the M-TEK one with lights. the ground clearance got affected. when fully loaded most of the spped brakers are scraping them.

Appreciate if you can suggest side step with most ground clearance possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 26th March 2023, 09:55   #8159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
The car came with sequential turn indicators, 2 keys, BS 6 phase 2 specs and (surprisingly) Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance tyres.
Can you please share the ICE S/W version and confirm if it came with Apple Carplay ?
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 11:11   #8160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
Need help with finding side step.
Appreciate if you can suggest side step with most ground clearance possible. Thanks in advance.
The official M&M ones are the sleekest, at least that's what most forum members have experienced; Probably the only useful official accessory that is manufactured sensibly.
IvanBiv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks