Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2023, 09:53   #8131

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hey
How do we know the current gear in AT transmission? In my cluster I just see "D Gear", Is there a way to enable display of Gear Number?
Old 23rd March 2023, 10:10   #8132

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkie_ View Post
Hey
How do we know the current gear in AT transmission? In my cluster I just see "D Gear", Is there a way to enable display of Gear Number?
As far as I know, it always displays "D" and does not show the current gear. I don't think there is an option to enable it.
Old 23rd March 2023, 10:27   #8133
Bit
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_war_09 View Post
Sound output in L varaint is very good and decent enough in AX7
Harsh, do you personally find these features to be worth 2.3L (the otr difference between regular vs luxury pack)?
Old 23rd March 2023, 10:33   #8134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
As far as I know, it always displays "D" and does not show the current gear. I don't think there is an option to enable it.
There is one way to see it, just move the gear lever to M mode and it shows what gear you are in. Its a hack
shrk_18 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 11:32   #8135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Harsh, do you personally find these features to be worth 2.3L (the otr difference between regular vs luxury pack)?
I opted for the L variant because I did not want to regret later on, when I see a car with L. All the features additionally provided in L are convinience/luxury features as the name suggests. I think it's a completely personal choice.

Discussing about few features below:

As most people suggests, the audio system in L does come with 12 speakers. Yes, it is better, but I did not see a mind blowing difference compared to the 6 speaker system.

I am dissapointed with the blind view monitoring feature because of the low camera resolution with lag and the display being obstructed while turning the steering wheel. Would have been better to display it in the Infotainment screen.

Dashcam recording is a useful feature.

Keyless entry and Electronic door handles are good to have. Once you use it, there's probably no going back. You would be habituated to not take the key in hand.
darkie_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 11:59   #8136
Bit
BHPian

Quote:
I opted for the L variant because I did not want to regret later on, when I see a car with L. All the features additionally provided in L are convinience/luxury features as the name suggests. I think it's a completely personal choice.

As most people suggests, the audio system in L does come with 12 speakers. Yes, it is better, but I did not see a mind blowing difference compared to the 6 speaker system.

I am dissapointed with the blind view monitoring feature because of the low camera resolution with lag and the display being obstructed while turning the steering wheel. Would have been better to display it in the Infotainment screen.

Keyless entry and Electronic door handles are good to have. Once you use it, there's probably no going back. You would be habituated to not take the key in hand.
Nice summary! About what you said:

The 12 speaker system is nice but the driver side roof speaker is RIGHT above the head. While playing music, wouldn't it be annoying/borderline disturbing to have a full fledged speaker playing on your head?

Yes, dashcam recording is good but people have been calling it practically useless due to its super low resolution. Have you experienced the actual clarity if it yet?
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:03   #8137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In a car costing ~32L or more on the road now, do not bother to save that bit, it will bite you later and you cannot add them aftermarket with any reasonable amount of success.

Just simple things like a wireless charger - you can add this aftermarket but will it remind you when you forget the phone in the car? probably not. There are many things like this.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 14:08   #8138

Quote:
Nice summary! About what you said:

The 12 speaker system is nice but the driver side roof speaker is RIGHT above the head. While playing music, wouldn't it be annoying/borderline disturbing to have a full fledged speaker playing on your head?

Yes, dashcam recording is good but people have been calling it practically useless due to its super low resolution. Have you experienced the actual clarity if it yet?

I have not been bothered/annoyed by the roof speakers. In case you are having issues, You could always go to settings and adjust the Surround Audio settings to match your needs.

Yes, the dashcam recordings are laggy and low res. I felt it could be "just sufficient" in day light.
I'm hoping it is not a camera limitation and could be fixed by software update at some point. *fingers crossed*
Old 23rd March 2023, 16:45   #8139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am again facing issue with the SIM signal and the Adrenox app does not connect / sync. This is the second time I have come across this and I believe the only solution is to disconnect the battery terminal and reconnect again. It was done at the service center when I had this issue first time. Can anyone please share the instructions on how to do this self as I want to avoid a visit to the service center just for this. Thanks.
Open the bonnet - locate the battery terninal on the left side (from driver seat) - loosen the screw and disconnet the cable from the terminal. After 2-3 minutes reconnect the cable to the terminal and tighten the screw.

What is so complex in this.

Quote:
Quote:

Adding to the list -
a. Knee Airbag - additional safety feature.
b. EPB.
c. Telescopic Steering.

On day one the difference was 1.8L (IIRC) and I thought it was justified.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 20:30   #8140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_war_09 View Post
I had cancelled my booking, which was done through dealer and they have deducted 10% as charges. I have read from others as well that the dealers do deduct amount on cancellation.

Here is the list of differences between AX7 and L -> from the features list.
1. Rear Sequential Indicators
6. Wireless Charging
7. Dash Cam with continuous recording

Sound output in L varaint is very good and decent enough in AX7
I have an AX7 Variant and from what I have heard the sequential indicators can be done as a paid job from the Mahindra service centre for 17k or so. Wireless charging is an accesory. And from some ownership reviews I have read that the dashcam only records when the car is on, whereas other(aftermarket)dashcams have jolt video recording which records when it feels an impact. I also read that it is a pain to get any of the recordings out of the car.

The sound system in the AX7 is very good in my opinion. I have listened to music at 22 to 23 volume(out of 30) and found no distortion and the sound quality is crisp. But I'm not an audiophile so I cannot say.

Personally I feel the AX7 variant is the most VFM it has ADAS,6 airbags, the same alloy wheels as the L variant, the nice white interior of the L variant and many other things. But at the end of the day it's all your decision.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 23:08   #8141
BHPian

Quote:

Completely agree on your points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
In a car costing ~32L or more on the road now, do not bother to save that bit, it will bite you later and you cannot add them aftermarket with any reasonable amount of success.

Just simple things like a wireless charger - you can add this aftermarket but will it remind you when you forget the phone in the car? probably not. There are many things like this.
Absolutely! In addition, I simply could not fathom that 360 degree camera is not available even as an optional extra in lower variants. It is now a norm for even hatchbacks! AX7 for me would have been ideal had they provided just the 360 degree cam as optional!

Also, might as well buy a state of the art in case you are going to keep the car for ~5 years. Otherwise instant buyer's remorse is guaranteed. (I bought AX7L P AT)
Old 23rd March 2023, 23:36   #8142
BHPian

Has anybody been successful in:

1) Permanently disabling the extremely irritating & long-term engine harming auto engine-start-stop thing? There have been many times when it just slips out of the mind to push that ill-placed button especially after a stop-over break or even a fresh start and I have to facepalm myself because I forgot to do so.

2) Disabling the extremely irritating speed alerts around 80-120? I tried connecting with @drcodemyvw but he flatly refuses working on non-German 'peasant' cars.

These are the ONLY MAJOR irritants I'm having with this demon of a car.
Old 24th March 2023, 11:37   #8143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post

1) Permanently disabling the extremely irritating & long-term engine harming auto engine-start-stop thing?
Why do you say, long term engine harming? Unless the engine cold starts, there should be no impact or damage. I think of this feature as a sleep mode at signals, and actually find it quite useful.

Quote:
2) Disabling the extremely irritating speed alerts around 80-120? I tried connecting with @drcodemyvw but he flatly refuses working on non-German 'peasant' cars.
No solution yet and trying unofficial software gimmicks might actually brick the system. Would strongly advise against it purely from a safety perspective.
IvanBiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 12:36   #8144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post

1) Permanently disabling the extremely irritating & long-term engine harming auto engine-start-stop thing? There have been many times when it just slips out of the mind to push that ill-placed button especially after a stop-over break or even a fresh start and I have to facepalm myself because I forgot to do so.
It is a very useful feature but wrongly implemented. I have talked about this in a few of my earlier posts. But hoping that this can be fixed via a software update. Where can we write about this to provide suggestion to Mahindra?

Quote:
I think this is a mandatory government rule introduced to reduce the number of road accidents. Why would you want this removed? In fact the beep volume is much lower in XUV700 as compared to other brands/cars.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 13:29   #8145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Why do you say, long term engine harming? Unless the engine cold starts, there should be no impact or damage. I think of this feature as a sleep mode at signals, and actually find it quite useful.
AFAIK, this is harmful for the turbos. Imagine having done a high speed run and you stop to take a break and this thing shuts the engine down, doesn't let your turbo spool down. Ideally for all cars with turbo, you should let the turbo spool down after a spirited run to avoid damage to the fins in the long run. I let the car idle for at least 3 minutes before turning it off.

I am lucky my car doesn't have it. The earlier AX7L AT models don't have it. No clue what was M&M thinking when it added it to the ATs

Below screenshot from the 7OO manual,
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20230324-13.34.08.png

Last edited by shrk_18 : 24th March 2023 at 13:36.
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks