Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2023, 14:50   #8071

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi All,

I have been following this thread along with desire to get XUV700. I was in two minds and also considered Hyundai Tucson for some time, though practicality prevailed and the steep difference of 6+ lacs discouraged me to pursue it further (though Hyundai seems to be a safer bet compared to Mahindra in terms of After Sales Service and general Customer experience ; hoping Mahindra happily disappoints me on this front).

Yesterday I happen to get a chance to do PDI in person for one vehicle which got "allocated" to me after persistently asking for delivery in March 2023 (happens to be my birthday Month ). I am attaching few pics. I had booked the XUV700 in the month of Aug 2022 and opted for AX7L Petrol AT (Midnight Black).

The Vehicle looked clean with Odo reading 10 KMs and Feb 2023 Manufacturing date as per VIN. I did not specifically check for Sequential Indicator but I am hoping it will come pre installed. On inquiring about Apple Carplay the SA advised me that it would be provisioned / installed at the Service Center post delivery ; can anyone please confirm on this ?

On accessories front I am just thinking of rear scuff plate, screen protector, & illuminated scuff plate. I also want side foot step and mats but I found a lot of difference in pricing between Mahindra and other Car Detailing shop that I visited (almost 50%). Anyone else in similar minds about side foot step ?

Will be interested in knowing fellow BHPians thoughts on my situation.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-x7uv3.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-x7uv2.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-x7uv1.jpg  

vvidhate is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 09:56   #8072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvidhate View Post
Hi All,
On accessories front I am just thinking of rear scuff plate, screen protector, & illuminated scuff plate. I also want side foot step and mats but I found a lot of difference in pricing between Mahindra and other Car Detailing shop that I visited (almost 50%). Anyone else in similar minds about side foot step ?

Cheers,
Go for the side steps from M&M and mats from outside store. After market side steps are fitted lower and hence looses some GC - nothing else.

Somr Feb manufactured car have been reported without rear sequential lights. You should check your car.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 10:15   #8073
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

On inquiring about Apple Carplay the SA advised me that it would be provisioned / installed at the Service Center post delivery ; can anyone please confirm on this ?

Congratulations on the new car!

There is a new s/w version from beginning of March, with a stable build. So yes, the SA is right that it can be done at ASC. However, s/w upgrade is a 2 hour process. If possible, ask them to upgrade pre-delivery. And if they can, since accessories will be anyway installed, take a 32GB SD card for installing pre-delivery for the continuous DVR.

On other accessories, agree with Sommos. Get the official side steps. Those are sleek, and fit better, not compromising the GC. Mats you can try aftermarket. M2All ones aren't that great. You may also consider the mud guards from M&M.
IvanBiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 15:28   #8074
BHPian

Quote:
The Vehicle looked clean with Odo reading 10 KMs and Feb 2023 Manufacturing date as per VIN. I did not specifically check for Sequential Indicator but I am hoping it will come pre installed. On inquiring about Apple Carplay the SA advised me that it would be provisioned / installed at the Service Center post delivery ; can anyone please confirm on this ?

Cheers,
I got my car delivered last week (all the payment, registration and other formalities were done in Feb only but took the delivery in March due to some auspicious day). Anyway, It is Feb manufactured and is missing rear sequential indicators. So you might want to confirm and start pressing the SA for its fitment, if missing.

Mine came preloaded with Apple Carplay from factory so you might want to check that too.

For accessories, I would advise you to go for Mahindra genuine side steps. They might look pricey but are way better than aftermarket ones.
For mats I went for GFX as I don't like the look of 7D mats. Try searching the local shops for those as they tend to provide better value than online retailers.

One last tip, make sure the dealership doesn't overcharge you for the accessories. They give excuse saying it is labour charges we are adding, but Rs.500 for sticking rain visors and Rs.2500 to install side steps is too steep. I was adamant with them to just pay the M2all price for all the accessories and after little back and forth they agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
There is a new s/w version from beginning of March, with a stable build.
Would you please share the software version of this stable build

Last edited by UltraViolence : 13th March 2023 at 15:30. Reason: fixed a typo
UltraViolence is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 21:05   #8075

Just moved to Delhi. Did a drive of about 3000 kms on my AX7 P AT. Will post a detailed travelogue later when I get out of procrastinating about it.

Saw some fairly heartwarming numbers on the MID . 17.9 kmpl at one point over a distance of 200 kms odd. Otherwise averaged 14-15 kmpl throughout the drive on our much improved NHs. A light foot and maintaining speed in the region of 80-90 kmph helped. All this with a full load of stuff and the entire family and the aircon on throughout.

Request somebody to suggest a good Mahindra service centre at Delhi as my ride is falling due for the first years service.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th March 2023 at 05:26. Reason: XUV700 discussion moved to relevant thread.
airavat@22 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 09:49   #8076

Does anyone know what are the changes in the XUV700 BS6.2 variant? I could not find any details in the internet.
The Feb manufactured vehicles seems to be BS6.2 compliant
darkie_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 11:28   #8077
BHPian

Received call from my dealer to install Apple car play, EMS ECU cover, relay replacement as the part of official recall from Mahindra.
Mine is Petrol AX7, due for 1st year service and planning to get it done then.
Does anyone know what's this EMS ECU cover and relay replacement about?

Last edited by StepUP! : 14th March 2023 at 11:33.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 11:34   #8078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkie_ View Post
Does anyone know what are the changes in the XUV700 BS6.2 variant? I could not find any details in the internet.
The Feb manufactured vehicles seems to be BS6.2 compliant
I was about to post the same. Just found out accidentally that my Feb manufactured 700 is BS6 Phase 2 vehicle. Although even the dealership had no idea about this when I called them to confirm. They said "All we know is that company was supposed to deliver BS6 Phase 2 vehicles April onwards"

Coming to your question, I could not find any visible or functional difference in the vehicle but would be great if there is any official information for the same.

I thought to checkout the owner's manual today morning and noticed this sticker on it. It mentions "BSVI Phase 2 along with the VIN" on it. Is there any other way to confirm BS6 Phase 2 compliance of the car? Any sticker or any mark in the engine bay?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-bs6.2.jpeg
UltraViolence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 12:03   #8079

I am getting delivery of AX7L DSL AUTO in a week. The Vehicle has reached the dealership & is Feb'2023 manufactured.

I have the VIN/Chassis Number etc & I can read it is Feb 2023 (P, B etc). How do I know if it is BS6.2 or not? I will get to know in a week but is there a way to know through VIN number ?
Old 14th March 2023, 13:12   #8080

Thanks Sommos , IvanBiv and UltraViolence for your valuable inputs. Now I am thinking to have side steps fitted from Mahindra only.

I got the response from SA that "Rear sequential indicators comes after six months of delivery and Apple car play customer has to visit workshop for updating the system"

I will double check before making any payments on what is expectation regarding Sequential Indicators.
vvidhate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 17:27   #8081

I have been alloted my Car (booked in feb 22) which is a feb 23 manufactured unit and with BS6.2 norms compliance. The Car is at the dealership and I have done the PDI too. However, in TN there are delays going on from the RTO for registration owing to the new BS6.2 Norms. Anyone else from TN facing similar issues?
Old 14th March 2023, 19:13   #8082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
I haven't yet upgraded due time constraints. During the first servicing, my SA mentioned of the availability. Not an Apple user, so okay with current ver.

As I understand, latest version is 10.x.x. Someone who has already upgraded can reconfirm.
Old 15th March 2023, 10:04   #8083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
I haven't yet upgraded due time constraints. During the first servicing, my SA mentioned of the availability. Not an Apple user, so okay with current ver.

As I understand, latest version is 10.x.x. Someone who has already upgraded can reconfirm.
The version should be 10.14.11. Someone also mentioned that he has 10.14.12.

Quote:
I got the response from SA that "Rear sequential indicators comes after six months of delivery and Apple car play customer has to visit workshop for updating the system"

I will double check before making any payments on what is expectation regarding Sequential Indicators.
That was last year when there was acute shortage of semiconductor chips and worldwide logistic issues. Now the situation has eased out and the RSL is available for sale over the counter for non-entitled owners also. after you take delivery contact the Area CC Manager of M&M and sent mail to him for arranging the RSL. You should not have to wait for six months.
Old 15th March 2023, 11:51   #8084

Dealer has given CPD date of May, 23 for my XUV700 AX7L Diesel that I booked last year in May. Last week we did TD of new Safari XZA+ (O) and my wife felt seats are more comfortable in Safari than XUV especially the middle row and third row in comparison. Personally I feel Safari looks more muscular than XUV.

One of family member in Chandigarh is very much happy with Safari he purchased in 2021. My major drive will be in Bangalore city with around 800kms on odometer per month. While doing TD of Safari, I didn't find any heaviness with steering of Safari, most probably because I own Fluidic Verna (2011 Model) which has little hard steering now. Kids also want XUV due to tech loaded especially Alexa.

I am in complete dilemma now and looking for some guidance. Wife is more inclined towards Safari but I am little worried about infamous issues and after sales experiences shared by many on this platform. Should I wait for my XUV700 AXL D or book Safari XZA+(O)?
Old 15th March 2023, 16:21   #8085
BHPian

Hi Guys, my e-sim doesn't seem to be working. I read sometime back about a fix but I can't find the post. Can someone please guide me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks