Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2022, 09:24   #7396

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Friends
Quick question on gearing (I have recently purchased an AX7 diesel manual), it seems the gear lever slotting becomes hard if you try to upshift from/ downshift to 1st gear above 12-15km/hr speed.
My Safari 2021 had a warning system to not use 2nd gear below 10km/hr, seems for xuv diesel manual, this threshold is 6-7km/hr.
UrbanCrusader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 09:36   #7397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Official service bulletin issued for change of the lower arm bush of the XUV700's suspension to resolve the front suspension noise reported by many existing owners.
How do we go about this? Here is the problem most of us facing in XUV700 MX whatsapp group(60 owners).

Most of us have this problem with suspension, but when we go to service station, and explain the problem, service advisors are straight away denying it saying, thats how this car is designed . This is my experience with PPS mahindra too, I haven't checked with India Garage yet.

And service action link (https://auto.mahindra.com/service-action) is mostly useless. Their support is aplogizing unconditionally without even knowing why they are apologizing and no clue about how to solve this. While I feel sorry for them, its hard to get some attention.

Can someone tell me what can be done here?
Old 27th November 2022, 11:57   #7398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Cancelled my booking of XUV 700 Diesel AX 7 AT, due to be delivered by end 2023 and booked a Toyota Innova Hycross ZX in Sparkling Black Pearl color.
I am in the same boat, booked XUV 700 AX7 AT as well as ScorpioN. No word from anyone even after 6 months (tired calling showroom/sales manager and checking online updates). Meanwhile better options are introduced and I booked BYD Atto 3 as well as new Innova Hycross. Both are fresh, more advance and premium products with expected delivery in Jan/Feb, 23. Fingers crossed
Old 27th November 2022, 12:13   #7399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
I am in the same boat, booked XUV 700 AX7 AT as well as ScorpioN. No word from anyone even after 6 months (tired calling showroom/sales manager and checking online updates). Meanwhile better options are introduced and I booked BYD Atto 3 as well as new Innova Hycross. Both are fresh, more advance and premium products with expected delivery in Jan/Feb, 23. Fingers crossed
I have booked a XUV700 AX7-L D AT, and interested in Hycross. It looks a worthy competitor to XUV700! However I am yet to book Hycross as the economic sense still seems to be slim with my driving needs. It depends on the actual mileage and the actual Toyota Tax imposed on the Hycross. Also my local Toyota Dealer in Bangalore informed me there is a 5 month waiting period already (dont know if he was trying to create a XUV like situation). So might as well as wait for the 8 month wait for XUV, that seems to be current situation.

I am hoping that Mahindra wakes up to a better customer service and dealer service, now that Toyota is gunning for customers in the XUV700 range with a worthy product.
mk600 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 12:36   #7400

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
I read elsewhere in the forum that if you know the right people in the government, you might be eligible for a full refund for the car + 1.5 lakh in compensation.
Thanks for the input . I dont want to refund the car . If I do that I will have to pay full price for the car (my current car had price protection) and wait for another 2 years to get a new one .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantmodi View Post
Finally I sent an email to Mahindra customer care with all the details to help resolve this . Not sure how much they will help in this case .

Attachment 2383136
Update on what happened after the complaint email :

I got a call from the Service Head of VVC Motors and they requested me to visit the service centre . The door panel was been repainted with utmost care and the vehicle has been returned to me in 1 day time .

The Sercive Head was present there at the service centre during the time of vehicle drop and pickup to make sure everything is done properly . He even came to the body shop and personally spoke with the bodyshop manager and the paint service person to ensure good quality output .

I must say that they have made a very unhappy customer finally happy at the end . Kudos to their team !

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th November 2022 at 14:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged, trimming quoted post.
jayantmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 16:49   #7401
BHPian

Hello Team BHPians ! Finally got my XUV7OO AX7L D AT (Midnight Black) on Sat, 25-Nov-22 evening in Pune. Booked on 23-Oct-21; original estimated date of delivery was Apr-2023. But the car was allotted on 29-Oct-22 and was delivered yesterday.

What you would love in the car :

a) Space in the 1st & 2nd rows - 'plenty' is the word; seats are super comfy too
b) The power on tap that the car offers is phenomenal !
c) Ultra-smooth steering in the Zip mode (I do a custom config, with steering in Zip and all the rest in Zap modes)
d) Adaptive Cruise & Lane Keep Assist work like magic; love the auto adjusting steering, and stop and go function the most
e) The LED headlights are quite effective; they put the day light ahead of you even in pitch dark conditions; found this set up to be better focused than the Xenon HID Projectors in my other car
f) Touch & feel of infotainment system is fantastic. The MID screen has become my new pass-time for this weekend
g) Comfort, handling, zero body roll on ghats, planted drivability and the build quality that makes the XUV7OO feel safe as a tank! The 182 PS + 450 NM figures go straight from the paper to under the hood without any loss in transmission.
h) Excellent cabin noise management for the 2.2L M-Hawk beast. Bridgestone Ecopia shoes are prone to road noise (as seen in my Verna); if XUV7OO is as quiet as it is with these tyres, I am actually looking forward to the Continental ones that are much quieter (as seen in my Verna, again).

These are less impressive :

a) 3rd row is a joke. It's barely usable for anything that's animate & grown-up; one of the ways to make it usable, is to fold the middle row and then you have space to straighten your feet sitting in the 3rd row. Basically, that's compete hard to win the argument if it said that the 3rd row is as comfortable as it is in Safari / Innova.
b) AEB has not come into play so far (150 kms of Pune traffic navigation, not even a warning, barring just once when there was nothing in front except a 3 inch tall plastic speed breaker!), when there were a few such situations during city driving where it could have helped. Don't know if it is an aid or an emergency thing (like airbags).
c) Camera quality has definite room for improvement (all 4 cameras); there is a bit of a lag too, of a few milliseconds; the car starts moving on the ground a few ms before it starts to move on the camera
d) The front grill slats have so much gap that a stone flying in from the tyres of a vehicle ahead, can easily crash at a damaging speed, into the aluminium fins of the radiator inside. Need to look for some metal mesh to do the job of a bullet-proof jacket for that radiator. M&M could actually launch an accessory that does the job
e) The tyre life might be shorter than most of us would like. I expect the stock tyres to do the job for about 45-50k Kms, no more. After all, they carry 2-tons of metal that has a demanding set of electronics beyond just brakes (all 4 discs) & acceleration.
f) M&M has omitted the sequential turn indicator at the rear, due to chip shortage issue. What remains is a tiny little blinker on each side, the simplicity of which does not go well with the otherwise flamboyant rear end of the car. I am told that it has been discontinued and they won't even retrofit it for this batch of cars, even if it becomes available at a later point.

Delivery Experience :

I got a call from the dealership that the vehicle has been allotted to me. I did not believe it initially; thought it was a prank. After all, I had been reading how frustrating it has been for so many people with regards to the delivery timelines on this vehicle. My original delivery date was supposed to be in Apr '23, and I wasn't even expecting to get it anytime sooner. Actually, around beginning of Oct this year, I was toying with the idea of ditching the XUV7OO in favor of Hyundai Tucson, which was launched with all the same (and many more) features. The price difference (almost 13 lakhs) needed some explanation / convincing at home, which had to be planned carefully
Within the same week of my visit to a Hyundai showroom to take a look at the Tucson, I got a message from Mahindra that my car was arriving sooner and would be delivered between 13-Nov-22 & 13-Dec-22. ~3 weeks after getting this message, the dealership where I had booked the vehicle, called me to confirm vehicle allottment and arrival.

Then started the regular process of document submission, loan processing, margin money payment and so on and so forth. I was looking to get the vehicle BH registered. From my experience, I conclude that getting the BH registration is a process which demands time, patience and unique doc requirements, which are beyond Form 60 in Vaahan Portal, and these often are the whims of the local RTO authorities. I gave up at one point, paid the difference amount for a regular MH12 registration. The fact that my papers were initially processed for BH and then were changed to MH, took 3 extra days (someone who needs to do the rework takes 2 days for the same, I am told !). Thereafter, the process was completed, very well assisted by Unnati Motors (Viman Nagar) executives. If I must absolutely find a fault with the delivery process, that was 3 revisions to the delivery date in a span of 2.5 weeks; I don't think that will even be much of a concern for many. I am a stickler for time and if time committments are not honored, I flow free with my feedback. That apart, everything was quite satisfactory.

Accessories that I got installed from the showroom :
1. Rain visor with chrome insert set (Part No. AW60013)
2. 3D floor mats (Part No. AW60026/29)
3. Mud flaps (Part No. AW60001)
4. Rear bumper protector SS (Part No. AW60039)
5. Infotainment screen protector (Part No. AW60095)
6. Illuminated scuff protector set (Part No. AW60017)

Total listed cost of accessories : 25,450/-; Bargained it down to 24,000/-
Also got the ceramic coating done for additional 21,000/- (quoted price - 25,000/-), from the showroom itself.

Yet to be seen :
a) Fuel efficiency (too soon to comment on it with just ~210 kms on the ODO, but right now, it is between 11 & 12 kmpl)
b) Any niggles with infotainment / ADAS systems
c) Engine noise levels once it goes past the 5k km mark
d) Any recalls for sequential indicator at the rear (again, hoping against hope here)
e) "First service @ 1k Kms is just a free check up" - let's see. (Request members to let me know if they've had to pay for the first service)

Finally, with so much written about the XUV7OO in a gazillion forums within and outside Team BHP, I do not claim any of the above to be original . I just wanted to share what's good and what's not, based on my observation & understanding of the vehicle that I call my own now. Thanks for reading !
RaghuChn is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 20:52   #7402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
I hope the service centers get sufficient stock and training to make this change. I guess there will be a big rush for this service action across service center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
I will wait till my vehicle completes 1,000 Kms to give my verdict. In the meantime if the dealer asks for any inspection, I would be happy to get them inspected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Can someone tell me what can be done here?
Pics of the original parts and their replacements. Work was completed on a 7OO's suspension in a Service Center in the NCR region.

Before (original parts):
Mahindra XUV700 Review-image2.jpeg

After (replacements):
Mahindra XUV700 Review-image1.jpeg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-image0.jpeg

Thanks to Gurpartap Singh for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
can we expect that XUV7OOs manufactured post November 2022 will no more have gud-gud noise from front suspension?
All newly manufactured 7OOs will come with the new parts, so the suspension noise issue should have been taken care of in all of them.
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 11:00   #7403
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got the "Traction Control" error? Whenever I am passing through a speed hump, I get this error (atleast once in a daY). The vehicle looses all its power for about a second and I have to give full throttle input for the vehicle to chug along.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 11:18   #7404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
Hello Team BHPians ! Finally got my XUV7OO AX7L D AT (Midnight Black) on Sat, 25-Nov-22 evening in Pune. Booked on 23-Oct-21; original estimated date of delivery was Apr-2023. But the car was allotted on 29-Oct-22 and was delivered yesterday.

f) M&M has omitted the sequential turn indicator at the rear, due to chip shortage issue.
Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you ton of miles and fuss free ownership.

This is indeed sad that rear sequential indicators have been omitted. I remember when M&M officially removed them from the list they had reduced the price by 6000 INR. However, there was a word that in Luxury (L) models they will still be made available and inline with that there was no price reduction of 6K INR on L models. Hearing this now breaks my heart.

I just now called Mahindra customer care and they also confirmed on the same that the vehicles with a billing date prior to June-2022 (don't remember the exact date the agent spoke about) would be given the rear sequential indicators, and all other vehicles post that billing date will not get it.

They look supercool and adds to the overall premium-ness of the car.
gurminder_81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 11:21   #7405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
I just now called Mahindra customer care and they also confirmed on the same that the vehicles with a billing date prior to June-2022 (don't remember the exact date the agent spoke about) would be given the rear sequential indicators, and all other vehicles post that billing date will not get it.
Isn’t this a design 101 issue? Sequential indicator at the front and not at the back? How inconsistent is that?
Old 28th November 2022, 11:55   #7406
Senior - BHPian

Finally took the delivery of our car yesterday after 10 months of going back and forth. Haven't driven it much so cant really give the initial ownership report, will post again next week.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20221127_173808_879.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221127_170649.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Pics of the original parts and their replacements. Work was completed on a 7OO's suspension in a Service Center in the NCR
Mine is july 2022 manufactured do i fall under the recall list ?
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 12:21   #7407

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Finally took the delivery of our car yesterday after 10 months of going back and forth. Haven't driven it much so cant really give the initial ownership report, will post again next week.
Mine is july 2022 manufactured do i fall under the recall list ?
Congratulations for your new ride!

I think, yes. According to that document, the cut-off of VIN is N6K18709 - which means all vehicles manufactured till October 2022 fall under this recall.
anony_drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 12:30   #7408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
...M&M has omitted the sequential turn indicator at the rear, due to chip shortage issue. What remains is a tiny little blinker on each side, the simplicity of which does not go well with the otherwise flamboyant rear end of the car. I am told that it has been discontinued and they won't even retrofit it for this batch of cars, even if it becomes available at a later point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
...I just now called Mahindra customer care and they also confirmed on the same that the vehicles with a billing date prior to June-2022 (don't remember the exact date the agent spoke about) would be given the rear sequential indicators, and all other vehicles post that billing date will not get it.
From all the past experiences of dealing with M&M customer care, all I can say is that they don't care about the questions we ask and just give a standard "one answer fits all" reply.

As a part of ECN change, all AX5 & AX7 billing starting from June 1, 2022 shall not have sequential turn indicator in Tail Lamps.

This was the change order as notified by M&M but few customer care executives and also dealerships just give this standard reply for all variants.

Few days back I came across a guy who got these indicators installed on this AX7L D AT from the service center. One key information I forgot to add to that post was that his vehicle is most certainly Oct-2022 billed. So the customer care reply sounds illogical now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Just came across this conversation snapshot in my friend group. Looks like M&M have started providing the sequential blinkers for the L variants. The guy in the picture got it installed last week on his AX7L D AT.

Last edited by UltraViolence : 28th November 2022 at 12:50. Reason: Added extra info.
UltraViolence is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 12:58   #7409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Has anyone got the "Traction Control" error? Whenever I am passing through a speed hump, I get this error (atleast once in a daY). The vehicle looses all its power for about a second and I have to give full throttle input for the vehicle to chug along.
I have faced it three/ four times in my five month ownership and it happens on one specific hump on the road to my office. I release the accelerator pedal completely and press it again and the car is normal again. The same thing has been narrated by @Abirnale and in his case the silver box was changed.

Last edited by Sommos : 28th November 2022 at 12:59.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 13:09   #7410

All,

Finally, I got delivery of my XUV700 AX7 AT Petrol after an 8-month wait. So far, from whatever little I have driven, here are some likes and some frustrations and some questions (on frustrations). Got both keys and also got the Bridgestone Ecopia tyres and not the MRF ones.

1) Just love the cornering lights. They are so amazing that I feel these should become a norm in all larger vehicles. Just fell in love with them
2) Feel and drive quality. Yet to take it on a highway drive, but so far, the drive in the city has been amazing
3) Sound quality is really good, even though mine is just a 6-speaker setup
4) Seat comfort is fabulous
5) Steering is just amazing. Doesn't make you feel like you are driving a large vehicle
6) Braking feels very assuring on the road
7) Midnight black colour, looks awesome, but gets dirty quickly

Frustrations:
1) Breaking my head on how to switch from Android Auto to car functions without taking my attention off my driving. Voice command button on steering wheel sometimes brings up Alexa and sometimes Google. Not sure if there is a way to set Android/Google as default when Android auto screen is up
2) Switching to radio has been a challenge. Need to learn how to do it
3) Can't see the time when Android Auto is on the main screen, unless you swipe left. Should have been on top
4) AFE, fuel log - unable to figure out how to get this on the Adrenox app. it shows 0 fuel in the fuel log, even though I had done a reset
5) Most of my frustration is around the understanding of the systems. I will get used to it over time

Also need some inputs on good car accessories shops in North Bangalore. Required for installing dashcam and getting a few more aftermarket things done.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th November 2022 at 18:35. Reason: Edited for better readability
Abhi.Nittor is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed