Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2022, 18:42   #7441
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
If my CPD is showing 26 Dec - 25 Jan 2023, when can I expect the online status to change from Order Confirmed to Vehicle under production?
Not sure which variant you had booked but I had a similar CPD and my vehicle was delivered on Oct 28th (AX5 D). The online status changed to Vehicle under production in July. Keep checking with the CRM and your SA, they should be able to help.
Mjbharat4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 18:55   #7442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra XUV700 recalled - 19,184 units affected in total, all manual transmission variants.

Attachment 2385037
Mine is an AX7 manual diesel.

Sent it for first service today and was informed of this recall change. Can anyone explain what is the impact/ scale of repair? Is it a major repair?

I have a tight clutch issue at very low speeds (clutch is buttery smooth at higher speeds), but this may be due to being a new car.
Old 5th December 2022, 20:47   #7443
BHPian

Folks- Very close to finalising my XUV 700 booking. My usage will be not more than 3500-4000 kms a year. Do you think, considering service cost differences (including DEF, etc), it makes sense to go for a diesel over petrol? For comparison, AX7L AT diesel costs 80k more over petrol in Bangalore, which I think I can easily recover over a 5-6 year period. But will the additional/service cost for a diesel bring down the potential fuel savings vis-a-vis the petrol model?

Last edited by automowheels : 5th December 2022 at 20:48.
Old 5th December 2022, 23:25   #7444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
My usage will be not more than 3500-4000 kms a year.
Unless that's a typo, you should absolutely go for a petrol car.
Old 6th December 2022, 09:13   #7445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Persona View Post
Unless that's a typo, you should absolutely go for a petrol car.
That's not a typo, unfortunately. Could you elaborate why? I've never had a diesel before and did some math that indicated I could break even in 5-6 years even with this usage, unless I'm missing something. I plan to keep the car for 10 years.
Old 6th December 2022, 09:23   #7446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's not a typo, unfortunately. Could you elaborate why? I've never had a diesel before and did some math that indicated I could break even in 5-6 years even with this usage, unless I'm missing something. I plan to keep the car for 10 years.
With your annual usage, Petrol is the best fuel option. With Diesel, you will face issues with DEF with limited runs. Better to stick to Petrol and enjoy the smooth refined engine without worrying about associated issues of BS6 diesel.

Do consider additional insurance, servicing and spares cost into the break even calculation and the horizon to break even period increases. Also given the way the govt is discouraging diesel, you never know when they might implement similar restrictions on diesel vehicles in other cities.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 11:02   #7447
BHPian

Quote:
I am the same category as you are. I have never owned a diesel before and my annul usage is just about the same as yours. My two cents on this are:
1. This might be the last of the ICE cars we own and I want to experience the torquey nature of a diesel.
2. Even with a low usage, whenever I want to go on a long driving holiday, the petrol costs scare the shit out of me.
3. The petrol car which I liked is Tiguan, which is about 12 Lakhs more than the XUV. So for me my break even point is more for a petrol
Karaboudjan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 15:09   #7448
BHPian

Quote:
1. This might be the last of the ICE cars we own and I want to experience the torquey nature of a diesel.
Please rest assured you will not be missing any low end grunt or torque from the mStallion engine. In fact it feels more punchy than the mHawk diesel. In case of any confusion you are free to TD both and decide for yourself!
nasir88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 15:52   #7449
BHPian

Quote:
I've never had a diesel before and did some math that indicated I could break even in 5-6 years even with this usage, unless I'm missing something. I plan to keep the car for 10 years.
I might be the only one going against the all other suggestions favoring petrol engines. Infact, even I prefer naturally aspirated petrol engines. It suits all my requirements, you can refer to my previous posts on the same. But I went ahead with Mx diesel, only because Mahindra is well known for diesel engines and DEF issues are less prominent in bigger cars with SCR tech. New age bs6 diesels are very efficient and relatively silent as well. Also, diesel engines are built to last forever. I don't want to bring mileage related points for such a big car but can't help, diesels are pretty efficient. I've personally seen 22-23+ mileage numbers on highway drives, with 5 people and luggage, that too without even major focus towards mileage while driving. May be this is because of lower state of tune of mx d or my relaxed driving style.

Even if you are environment concious, diesels are less polluting. I do not have exact proof to support this argument but take a look a this thread (Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review), where it is mentioned that diesel A class is less polluting than petrol A class.

So, I would recommend to take multile test drives, back-to-back to figure out which car suits your requirements/driving style. Only electric cars can trump diesel engine's torqy nature.

Challenges with diesel car are:
1. Its nose heavy.
2. Sometimes long trips has to be planned well wrt def levels.
3. Slightly noisy than petrol engines.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 16:06   #7450
BHPian

For a long term ownership, I don’t think even petrol is going to be as smooth either.
With the roll out of e20 petrol targeted for 2023, we would soon be having a mix of e10 and e20 petrol and progressively e10 might become scarce.

Putting e20 in an e10 certified engine would be detrimental to the engine and so each refuelling would need to be watched closely.

The same pump that you have been visiting for years would have silently switched to e20!
At least, that’s what happened to me when my pump attendant told me that they had been filling bs6 diesel since the past few months in my bs4 engine car, when I asked about it.

And alcohol being hygroscopic, we don’t know the long term effect of it on the tank/fuel pump, especially in high humidity areas.
careind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 16:49   #7451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
And alcohol being hygroscopic, we don’t know the long term effect of it on the tank/fuel pump, especially in high humidity areas.
One way to deal with it is to make sure fuel does not stay in the tank for long

Use the car more often and add fresh fuel, I know its easier said than done but its better to preserve the vehicle by using it than otherwise.
Old 6th December 2022, 16:55   #7452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
One way to deal with it is to make sure fuel does not stay in the tank for long

Use the car more often and add fresh fuel, I know its easier said than done but its better to preserve the vehicle by using it than otherwise.
Which would take care of the DEF/DPF as well in a Diesel!
careind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 22:06   #7453
BHPian

Quote:
Folks- Very close to finalising my XUV 700 booking. My usage will be not more than 3500-4000 kms a year. Do you think, considering service cost differences (including DEF, etc), it makes sense to go for a diesel over petrol? For comparison, AX7L AT diesel costs 80k more over petrol in Bangalore, which I think I can easily recover over a 5-6 year period. But will the additional/service cost for a diesel bring down the potential fuel savings vis-a-vis the petrol model?
I was in similar situation few months ago. I had booked the petrol AT, and when allotted I thought very hard on if I should change my booking to diesel despite reset on waiting time. My running would be around 8000 kms per year (more than yours). I decided to stick with petrol. Reasons:
1. My running is mostly in the city. A good number of those are under 4 kms. This would not even let the filter heat enough to do the DEF regen. So I risk DEF issues.
2. Assuming a FE of 7kmpl for petrol vs 10 for diesel, it would be a difference of around 40K per year (without factoring DEF, higher maintenance). I was ok with that in return for the peace of mind on the DEF issues. I am getting a mileage of between 7 and 8 in city.
Bh.P is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 23:34   #7454

I had given my car for service and thought that I should get the apple carplay update on the infotainment system. Post the update , my phone sometimes doesn't connect to wireless Android Auto . Even after restarting the phone/car it doesn't connect . Suddenly next day it starts connecting . Anyone else seeing this issue ?
Old 7th December 2022, 12:27   #7455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
With your annual usage, Petrol is the best fuel option. With Diesel, you will face issues with DEF with limited runs.
Quote:
Even with a low usage, whenever I want to go on a long driving holiday, the petrol costs scare the shit out of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
But I went ahead with Mx diesel, only because Mahindra is well known for diesel engines and DEF issues are less prominent in bigger cars with SCR tech. New age bs6 diesels are very efficient and relatively silent as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I decided to stick with petrol.
Thanks for all your perspectives! I do realise that there are two major sides to this debate-
  • Go for petrol- no diesel side effects like DEF & DPF, but be prepared to pay more in fuel bills.
  • Go for diesel- be prepared for DPF issues if runs are limited, and slightly higher maintenance. Flipside- cheaper fuell bills.

My only gripe with going for petrol because of limited runs is that it will limit by ability to travel longer distances for outstation trips due to exorbitant fuel bills. But then I also do not want to be inconvenienced with any DPF or DEF related issues and regret my decision either. If I go for diesel, I better keep that engine revving and happy- that's the way I look at it. Taking a TD of the petrol in 2 days, hopefully that helps in making a wise decision in my context.
automowheels is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks