Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2022, 18:21   #6691

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
I have an AX7 D AT.
Got delivery with only front sequential turn indicators.SA told me rear sequential turn indicators won't be provided at a later date.
hope atleast at some point they give this as an add on... It looks pretty bad at the back with a very small indicator light.
Abhi.Nittor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 19:11   #6692
BHPian

Quote:
I got delivery of mine yesterday, the exact same variant and yes it does indeed have ACC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guess the Automatic Cruise Control was there on AX7 but only on AT variants and above. The AX7 D AT which I had booked had Automatic Cruise Control mentioned in brochure.
The current brochure on the official website only lists Cruise Control for AX7 and Adaptive Cruise Control with stop and go only for AX7L. So, I am surprised they have something more in the car than what is advertised in the brochure!

Official Brochure link

Official Brochure pdf as on 29-Aug-22 - [ATTACH=XUV700 - Desktop_29Aug2022.pdf]2352277[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV700 - Desktop_29Aug2022.pdf (8.54 MB, 161 views)
Old 29th August 2022, 19:16   #6693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdp View Post
I got this message from Mahindra yesterday-

Seems finally top end variants will be prioritized.
Same here. I received the message today; my XUV700 delivery has been preponed by 14 weeks. I booked the car in November 2021 and the tentative date of delivery was between 23 APR 2023 and 23 MAY 2023. Now it reads between 01 DEC and 31 DEC 2022, order is "under planning".

My variant is AX7 L D AT AWD.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 29th August 2022 at 19:18.
sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 22:50   #6694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Same here. I received the message today; my XUV700 delivery has been preponed by 14 weeks.

My variant is AX7 L D AT AWD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdp View Post
I got this message from Mahindra yesterday-
Seems finally top end variants will be prioritized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abyaym View Post
Yes! I got a similar SMS yesterday. I guess after every few cancellations the system automatically send those SMS to retain the existing bookings.
Believe me, all of you are blessed souls and your good luck is shining bright day and night that you've received this information and are looking forward to your early deliveries.

I am awaiting for my XUV 700 AX7L AWD since my booking on 2-12-2021. Absolutely no update whatsoever, and even now the delivery timeline on my booking says July-Aug 2023.

Hopefully, will receive some good news very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
I feel so ignored by Mahindra.. not a single update since day of booking!
I can feel your pain, but hopefully you and me will also get the news soon for an early delivery. Fingers Crossed.
gurminder_81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 23:09   #6695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
I am awaiting for my XUV 700 AX7L AWD since my booking on 2-12-2021. Absolutely no update whatsoever, and even now the delivery timeline on my booking says July-Aug 2023.
You don't have to wait further. I booked on 18-11-2021, was allotted for Apr-May 2023, but today got promoted to Dec 2022. As per simple logic, you should receive the blessings from MM (after pocketing 21K as booking amount) by 15 of next month. It would be strange if you don't.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 29th August 2022 at 23:10.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 00:57   #6696
BHPian

Hi Team-BHP Family. This Thread has been particularly great. Thank you all for the contribution. I too have received similar message from M&M that the car shall now be delivered in October 2022 from March 2023.

I have owned only Japanese cars from Honda and Toyota. These cars guarantee a very peaceful ownership, and they can outlast any apocalypse. The cherry on the cake is the absolutely great after sales service.

Before this message came, I started looking at other cars - the Hyundai Tucson, VW Tiguan, Citroen C5 and Kia Carens. However, after this message the XUV700 is back in contention, as we had always thought that the XUV is a great product. However I am having cold feet about owning a Mahindra. For me it is stepping in an unfamiliar territory.

Would love if some of you owners could help resolve the following queries:

1) How big an issue is the suspension sound? Is it prevalent in all cars? The SA has informed me that it was prevalent only in a small batch of cars which were recalled and that the issue has been permanently fixed in that batch. He also informed me that no new cars have reported this issue. However, even recently I've seen some of your kind BHP-ians raise this issue.

2) Is the issue at (1) easy to live with?

3) What is the football in trunk issue that many of you have been mentioning about? Is this prevalent in a high percentage of cars? Has there been a solution to this? Is this issue ok to live with? (to explain my anxiety even my 10+ year old cars have never made any rattling sound or any sort of noise. I'm not sure if it's something I've experienced before)

4) How reliable are the electronics? Do we face bugs/glitches often?

5) How is the quality of After Sales Service? What is the average time of service? (experience from Bombay would be even more welcome).

6) How often does the car need to go for servicing due to these niggles/glitches?

7) Is the steering rack noise issue very common? Has M&M been able to satisfactorily resolve this issue?

8) I have read from some recent owners here, that in their AX7 they only get the dynamic indicator in the front and the rear has been skipped. Can anyone who has taken a recent delivery of the car with Luxury Pack also confirm if this has been included or omitted?

9) One of the bigger let downs that I read was the Vi Connection. Has M&M changed this?

10) This one's unrelated to ownership experience, but a question in general. I've noticed that White and Silver (lighter shades) seem to be easy maintenance. I have booked Midnight Blue, which I've seen if not cleaned properly, doesn't look good. It seems like high maintenance. Any tips for maintenance? Have you guys applied Ceramic or PPF to help maintain this?

Thank you guys in advance!
3WiseMen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 05:18   #6697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WiseMen View Post
1) How big an issue is the suspension sound? Is it prevalent in all cars? The SA has informed me that it was prevalent only in a small batch of cars which were recalled and that the issue has been permanently fixed in that batch. He also informed me that no new cars have reported this issue. However, even recently I've seen some of your kind BHP-ians raise this issue.
So here are my answers based on personal experience, although ownership is just 2 months old with this vehicle (AX7L) and driven for about ~3k km:

1. Mine is a June manufactured vehicle. So this issue is very much there and its a by-design flaw that needs some proper fix for which it'll take time, parts, money, and efforts from M&M's end which doesn't seem like they're willing to put at this time and just brushing it off by saying it's an issue with a small batch and it was there in first few vehicles but that's totally not the case and misleading. June manufactured and it still has issues should very much give you an idea of how many vehicles they've already shipped that have this issue.

2. The issue won't bother you as such other than some noises, you can very much live with it. Just have some music on higher volume, and you'll get used to it. I honestly don't mind the issue considering overall the vehicle is pretty decent, it's not flawless but far better than its rivals for now.

3. I've only started to observe this after reading this thread and it's there but not very often, once in a while I hear a noise from the trunk but nothing major to worry about. I'm gonna mention this and see if something can be done in my next service. But again, you can live with it, shouldn't really bother you much.

4. Reliability of the electronics is something we can only tell after a few years but as with anything new, there are def. bugs/glitches with the software. However, recent updates to the software seem to have fixed these minor issues and M&M will keep fixing any known bugs from time to time via software updates, so it's all good. I feel as long as the car is serviced at the official service center, it should be fine. If you let third-party poke or modify things, then there's absolutely no guarantee of how long it'll last.

5. Although my experience is from Bangalore, the service center folks were pretty decent and did a great job but I've only been twice so far. Maybe someone who owned a previous M&M vehicle could answer this better.

6. I had to take the vehicle just on the 3rd day after delivery for a major glitch but since then, I've only given it for the first official service but not after that, so far it seems okay but my experience is just 2 months tho

7. Not sure what issue this is, I haven't come across it, so no clue either.

8. Mine is AX7L, it was delivered without the rear sequential indicator and 2nd key fob but a letter was signed acknowledging it'll be installed when it is made available at a later time at no extra cost. So far it seems at least folks with the Luxury pack will get it while others may get a refund (if they were promised to get it).

9. 2 months ago delivery, it was still with Vi I suppose, not sure about the last few days if it has changed -- I doubt it. It's such a poor network tho. Mahindra should have some ways to port it to our preferred network and with 5G around, it would've been great if it was supported.

10. Mine's a Midnight Black too and definitely difficult to maintain. If it isn't cleaned for a day, it's a dust magnet for sure. I'm still reconsidering whether PPF would actually be worth it considering we could just get repainting done for a lesser cost, PPF or any sorta coating just seems unnecessary. Simple shampoo car washes and waxes every now and then gives it a good clean and shiny look.
Smartomotive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 06:08   #6698

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
Believe me, all of you are blessed souls and your good luck is shining bright day and night that you've received this information and are looking forward to your early deliveries.

Hopefully, will receive some good news very soon.

I can feel your pain, but hopefully you and me will also get the news soon for an early delivery. Fingers Crossed.
I booked my AX7 Silver MT Diesel Luxury on 4th Dec 2021. The original delivery date was between July to Aug 2023 but now has changed to Jan to Feb 2023. The SA has told me that as per their database, it could be delivered in end Dec 2022

So not a bad idea to once follow up with your SA and check the specific timelines for your vehicle. All the best for that
Ajay_BLR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 08:01   #6699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
The current brochure on the official website only lists Cruise Control for AX7 and Adaptive Cruise Control with stop and go only for AX7L. So, I am surprised they have something more in the car than what is advertised in the brochure!

Official Brochure link

Official Brochure pdf as on 29-Aug-22 - [ATTACH=XUV700 - Desktop_29Aug2022.pdf]2352277[/ATTACH]
Both the cars have adaptive cruise control, the brochure isn't very clear. The AX7(Non-luxury) just doesn't get the stop and go feature.
yuvmudapa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 10:09   #6700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No idea if they dropped it but the AT variants of AX7 had ACC listed earlier. I guess the stop and go feature of ACC was missing given the AX7 (Not L) does not have electric parking and auto hold brake available.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 10:15   #6701
BHPian

Quote:
Both the cars have adaptive cruise control, the brochure isn't very clear. The AX7(Non-luxury) just doesn't get the stop and go feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
No idea if they dropped it but the AT variants of AX7 had ACC listed earlier. I guess the stop and go feature of ACC was missing given the AX7 (Not L) does not have electric parking and auto hold brake available.
What is ACC without stop and go? I thought the whole point of ACC was to decrease speed or stop if some obstacle comes ahead of the cruising car, and restore to the preset speed once the obstacle is gone. What is the difference between ACC and ACC with stop and go?
Old 30th August 2022, 10:23   #6702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Request you to go to the end of the brochure and read the last para carefully. It is clearly written there that - Smart-Pilot Assist and ACC is available in all AT models of AX7 and AX7L. This overides the general features mention in the brochure.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 10:25   #6703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is ACC without stop and go? I thought the whole point of ACC was to decrease speed or stop if some obstacle comes ahead of the cruising car, and restore to the preset speed once the obstacle is gone. What is the difference between ACC and ACC with stop and go?
Car would stop if the car in front stops but wont be able to keep the brakes engaged for longer duration and user intervention is expected. Now if you keep the brakes pressed it wont be able to resume even if the car in front moves. On car with auto hold, all this is controlled by car electronics. This is what I feel could be the reason. May be experts can throw some light.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 10:59   #6704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Have got the same problem with audio system.My passengers have complained that there are no vocals heard only music specialy in the third row
Waiting to take it up with the service center folks during the 2nd service. Have clocked 9000 kms till now ( got delivery in April). Had the same issue from the beginning but they increased the volume to insane limits and showed its working. Well, we cannot put the sound to maximum just for the 2nd/3rd row to hear it. Whats the use of so many tweeters if the passengers cannot hear the music/vocals.
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 11:12   #6705
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
In the middle of nowhere on a state highway, my AX5 Diesel Manual suddenly lost power, engine shut down and 'Check Engine System' message flashed on the MID.
Update:
  • Got the first service done over the weekend. I detailed the issue to the SA, they performed the scans and did not find any error codes or any trace of the problem in the logs. So don't know what actually happened, and how it got fixed on its own. Looks like Mahindra has trumped Elon Musk in all futuristic innovations and given the XUV self-healing powers.
  • The suspension sound is there in all the cars, and not related to any batch. The technician said they have provided enough feedback to Mahindra on this issue.
A M is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks