Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 10:11   #6616
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I have seen a huge increase in spam and hoax calls since I got the car, in Bangalore. There are two many parties involved, like registration, fasttag, loan etc. who has access to your details. On an average I get two spam calls, while I used to get almost none earlier. Mainly two types - 'As you got an XUV700, there's an event at hotel X', or 'We are calling from Y foundation'.

Your number associated with a 20L car is a good filter for spammers. Unfortunately neither the Trai DND app or Airtel are effective!
If on Android, you can try filtering spam calls.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-filterspam.png
dust-n-bones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 10:42   #6617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Hey fellow XUV owners,

I am taking delivery of a Petrol AX5 AT in a couple of days, while it's a complete value for money proposition, missing out on electronically folding ORVMs and leatherette upholstery is a big miss in my opinion (besides the damn reverse camera! Went ahead with the updated reverse camera from Mahindra, will share feedback).

I wanted your recommendations on good quality beige leatherette seat covers in Delhi NCR. Also, I have seen on YouTube a couple of shops in Karol Bagh are adding the AX7 ORVMs for ~15,000 to the AX5 to enable electrical folding, is this a safe bet and worthy investment?
Congrats on your purchase! AX5 P AT is something that even I'm considering.

In recent weeks, they have removed the sequential indicators too from AX5, something you might want to get. They look smashing.

I can only suggest to stay away from Karol Bagh unless you personally know the shop owner. And please especially don't mess with any wiring from there.

The mods may look enticing on Youtube, but in my experience the reality is something else entirely -- shoddy fit and finish, frequent malfunctions, and general regret when it fails to work as advertised. On top of that it's a heart in your mouth experience watching the parts of your brand new car being dismantled with greasy hands and blunt screwdrivers and put back together clumsily with hearty slaps to the panels (standard itna toh chalta hai saab and the empty agar koi dikat aiye to hum baithen hain na responses included).

Enjoy your car and get the foldable mirrors only if you can't live without them.

Last edited by naru80 : 24th August 2022 at 10:46.
naru80 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 11:17   #6618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypoint View Post
If the status is true, though it feels like a won lottery
As stated earlier, I had informed the dealership about unexpected change in status which was suggesting delivery by 02 Sep when the booking was done in second half of April. Post that intimation, my booking details went blank on auto.mahindra.com in Track Booking page. It remained blank for about 3 weeks and since yesterday (Aug 23) it is being shown to be scheduled for delivery from 26 Oct to 25 Nov.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220824status.jpg

Though other members had been asking me about update on the status but I was waiting for a relevant update to come through before posting. Now it has arrived.
waypoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 12:40   #6619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, I have seen on YouTube a couple of shops in Karol Bagh are adding the AX7 ORVMs for ~15,000 to the AX5 to enable electrical folding, is this a safe bet and worthy investment?
Discuss with the service advisor whether the auto folding ORVM from higher variant can be fitted into your AX5. Order the relevants parts through the service centre and get it done at the MASS only. Outside fitment will not only void your warranty, but it may create some other issues in the car.
Old 24th August 2022, 12:58   #6620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Discuss with the service advisor whether the auto folding ORVM from higher variant can be fitted into your AX5. Order the relevants parts through the service centre and get it done at the MASS only. Outside fitment will not only void your warranty, but it may create some other issues in the car.
Indeed this the preferred route. However the three prominent dealers in Delhi have point blank refused to help in sourcing or installing these parts. However, a dealership in Orissa had ordered and agreed to install the parts for a fellow owner (Detailed here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...diesel-mt.html (The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT)).

If enough AX5 owners ask for this, I am sure we can create pressure on Mahindra to "ask" dealers to "allow" this. Mahindra earns more revenue, surely nobody will be spending good 100-200k or so and upgrade to AX7 for just ORVMs which one can get in 15k.
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 13:08   #6621
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed this the preferred route. However the three prominent dealers in Delhi have point blank refused to help in sourcing or installing these parts. However, a dealership in Orissa had ordered and agreed to install the parts for a fellow owner (Detailed here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...diesel-mt.html (The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT)).

If enough AX5 owners ask for this, I am sure we can create pressure on Mahindra to "ask" dealers to "allow" this. Mahindra earns more revenue, surely nobody will be spending good 100-200k or so and upgrade to AX7 for just ORVMs which one can get in 15k.
Let's wait for Bhpian Ravenavi's report on power folding mirror installation. Once done, we can take the detailed plan to our service centre guys, and they might get ready to do it. At least that's what my service guys said; bring in a report on how it's done, and then I'll do it.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 14:06   #6622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypoint View Post
Though other members had been asking me about update on the status but I was waiting for a relevant update to come through before posting. Now it has arrived.
I have the same delivery timeline. Earlier the delivery was showing up as Sept 5th to 27th, then it again moved to Sep 25 to Oct 25th. But when I checked with the CCM, they are saying it would be mostly November. However, my variant is AX5 D so I don't think it should take that long.
Mjbharat4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 15:39   #6623
BHPian

Hi Everyone, I have a query on Adrenox Connect. The brochure says 2 years free subscription with AX7 (1 year for AX3&5). Any idea the cost of subscription after the free period?
Old 24th August 2022, 17:29   #6624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Let's wait for Bhpian Ravenavi's report on power folding mirror installation. Once done, we can take the detailed plan to our service centre guys, and they might get ready to do it. At least that's what my service guys said; bring in a report on how it's done, and then I'll do it.
I have discussed with the service centers in Chennai and they have firmly said they will not do it.

On the flip side I got in touch with
Mahindra spare parts division they have the required items (mirrors , wiring harness and switch assembly). The same has to be shipped from Pune.

I think more owners need to demand to Mahindra to provide powerfold mirrors and cruise control as an accessory.

In fact they should allow customisation of vehicles since a fair amount of revenue will be generated by adding features.

Last edited by zeus_700 : 24th August 2022 at 17:32.
Old 24th August 2022, 18:07   #6625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post

In fact they should allow customisation of vehicles since a fair amount of revenue will be generated by adding features.
I have different view. If Mahindra allows lot of customization, how would it differentiate and justify higher variants. When someone pays for higher variant, it is not that customer needs all those extra features, it might just be a subset. Now with lot of customization, people will end up buying lower variants and just buy missing features important to them as accessory, which would be bigger revenue loss for Mahindra .
neel911 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 18:58   #6626

Got an email from Mahindra notifying that Apple CarPlay is available now and I need to go to dealer to get this activated. Just informing everyone here.
Attached Images

namansri is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 20:21   #6627

Quote:
Originally Posted by namansri View Post
Got an email from Mahindra notifying that Apple CarPlay is available now and I need to go to dealer to get this activated. Just informing everyone here.
Google Maps in instrument cluster would be HUGE! Hopefully not restricted to apple maps!
Picard Jean-Luc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 21:15   #6628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc_rgs View Post
Hi Everyone, I have a query on Adrenox Connect. The brochure says 2 years free subscription with AX7 (1 year for AX3&5). Any idea the cost of subscription after the free period?
The cost might depend on prevailing economics. During launch there were talks about it being in the 6000+ region but nothing firm yet. If you are going forward with the renewal, do demand for the current issues with Adrenox app to be resolved along with a firm demand for a change to a different service provider (not sure if that is possible or if it will be an easy task). VI is outright pathetic.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 22:55   #6629

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
I had done an online booking for the AX7L AT AWD Midnight Black variant in March 2022 and was given a delivery timeline of January 2024.
Today when I checked the booking status online, it showed as 'Order under Planning' with the message that the vehicle is all set to go into production. The delivery timeline has also been updated to June 2023.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Just got a SMS from Mahindra (website has been updated too) that my AX7L P AT (booking on April 20) with an initial delivery date of Feb 2024 is planned to go into production.
The website is updated with a revised date of July 2023.
Could I expect the delivery now to be in approximate 8 weeks or so i.e. mid October? Can someone advise pls?

Additionally, how is Mahindra when it comes to exchange value of the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ved_p_singh View Post
Hello Friends, I got an SMS today saying my AX7 Petrol AT has moved to "Order under planning" and ETA moved from original Apr-May 2024 to Jul-Aug 2023! Can anyone share their experiences of how much time does it take from "Order under Planning" to delivery? Will it indeed take about an year for my delivery or will it happen much earlier? TIA!

I also got an SMS today saying my booking for AX7L AWD moved to "Order under planning" today. It was done in first week of April. Earlier estimated date was Feb 2024, but now it shows June 2023.

Given its happening with so many bookings from the same timeline, can we say Mahindra has finally prioritized the top models? Do we expect delivery this year?
rtdp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 23:55   #6630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Jean-Luc View Post
Google Maps in instrument cluster would be HUGE! Hopefully not restricted to apple maps!
In my testing (I'm an iOS dev) on a CarPlay simulator with multi-screen mode, only Apple Maps was able to render the navigation on the instrument cluster. Google Maps didn't seem to have support for multi-screen CarPlay.

Kudos to Mahindra for being one of the few (only one that I know of) car makers to support multi-screen CarPlay. Multi-screen CarPlay support was added way back in 2019. This is not to the confused with the recently announced multi-display support in which you can literally replace the entire cluster with custom widgets.

Here's a preview of how Apple Maps looks like in case anyone is wondering.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220824-11.51.19-pm.jpg

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 25th August 2022 at 00:00.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks