Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2022, 21:46   #6736
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
I tried restarting the car a couple of times when faced with the blank screen issue, but no luck. Regarding the battery drain issue my car is on the latest software version, so I don’t think the dealer is at fault here.
I believe both these issues have been fixed in the latest v8.01.41 software, are you absolutely sure you are on the latest? Battery drain issue could also be because of 3rd party accessories, do you have any accessory installed that consumes power on standby such as a dashcam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Actually, if you look at the performance-oriented offerings of these brands, you'll find some pretty unreliable products.
This is a great point. If you go look around in forums and facebook groups of other cars be it Jeep, MG or Tata you'll find things aren't any better there and in fact are actually worse in many cases.

That's just the sad reality today where hardware component quality control has gone for a toss owing to the shortage and when more and more electronics are software controlled these auto manufacturers simply do not have the capability to do proper integration tests. Even reputed brands such as Bosch who worked on the XUV700 are not able to maintain a certain level of quality.
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 23:19   #6737
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
I believe both these issues have been fixed in the latest v8.01.41 software, are you absolutely sure you are on the latest?
Does M&M release the details of what improvements or additions are included in a software update, like we get for Android/ iOS software update on our phones?
Old 1st September 2022, 05:16   #6738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
I believe both these issues have been fixed in the latest v8.01.41 software.
How do we check what version we're running? I can't seem to find any options in the settings. I may have missed it.
Old 1st September 2022, 05:47   #6739
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
How do we check what version we're running? I can't seem to find any options in the settings. I may have missed it.
Repeatedly press the settings cog 10 to 15 times. It will open up the version history.

Guys

Anyone of you facing this issue of ICE being slow to respond?

In my vehicle It takes 12 to 15 seconds to open dialler screen and more than 20 seconds to open navigation screen. For the former I tried to update the fix via software fix but it only made the matters worse. The favourite contacts is also missing in the latest update. The latter issue was found only yesterday during a highway drive.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st September 2022 at 09:19. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
zeus_700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 09:47   #6740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi All,

Can someone please point out how the start stop function reallyworks on the manual version. As per the booklet I guess you need to be in neutral and lift off your feet off the clutch. I did that and the start stop light blinks but the engine still idles and doesnt turn off. If I press the start stop switch the car shuts down and unlocks, which is not something I want at a traffic junction.

The Engine Stop/Start lamp in the cluster will blink indicating that the engine is going to stop shortly. The engine will shut down automatically after a specific time period. However there are certain conditions for this to happen.

One of the above condition is that the engine should be warm i.e. between 25 to 100 degree centigrade. Perhaps you should check this aspect.

Otherwise visit the service centre for a demo.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 11:01   #6741
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Update:
  • So don't know what actually happened, and how it got fixed on its own. Looks like Mahindra has trumped Elon Musk in all futuristic innovations and given the XUV self-healing powers.
I was so wrong. It happened again. I was approaching a roundabout, braked lightly and depressed the clutch to downshift and the car shut down and MID displayed the message 'check engine system'. But within a second MID lit back up , I turned the ignition key and the car started. No telltale signs on the Adrenox app, the drive home was smooth again after that. Not sure what is wrong.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:09   #6742
BHPian

Hello everyone, I have still not got floor mats and sunshades for my XUV700 (delivered in April). I had used KAGU 3D mats in my XUV500 and found them the best. They are not available for XUV700 but Hottracks, who used to sell Kagu, has suggested Pharaoh , but Pharaoh are still developing the mats for 7 seater automatic and may take another couple of months. In the meanwhile I came across these ones. Has anyone used them, if yes what is your experience and advice. Also which is a good sunshade?

https://carhatke.com/gfx-mahindra-xu...=mats%20xuv700
Old 1st September 2022, 13:53   #6743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
For Bangalore folks- between Sireesh auto, Silk Board and Anant Cars, Bannerghatta road, can anyone provide a recommendation in terms of the sales experience? Who is easier to deal with and flexible in terms of test drives, insurance and discounts? I stay right in the middle of both dealerships so distance is not an issue.
For me, both are worst. I went to Sireesh Auto Silk board first but ran away seeing their lackadaisical attitude towards customers. They feel they are doing us a favor by allowing us to buy a vehicle from them. Anant cars BG road is their Guru in terms of overall experience. I got mine from Anant cars only and have done everything from requesting to begging to escalating in order to get the delivery.

Choose a different dealer if possible , otherwise decide who is best from the worst
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 14:06   #6744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Anant cars BG road is their Guru in terms of overall experience. I got mine from Anant cars only and have done everything from requesting to begging to escalating in order to get the delivery.
Wish I knew this before booking at Anant Cars ORR. The SA is not even responding to me on WhatsApp. I had booked in the first week of July and the status is now "Order under planning". I just wanted the SA to explain me what does that mean but the SA just sees my messages and doesn't care to reply. Flashback to month of June, the same SA used to follow up thrice a week to get my booking.
Old 1st September 2022, 15:46   #6745
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
So, I got the reverse cam installed in my AX5 on Saturday. It was working fine till today morning and all of a sudden, it's no longer working. It's not that blue screen in appearing in place of camera display, the whole camera software is gone, like they never enabled it. Tried multiple restarts but didn't work. Anyone else faced such an isse before?
I got it enabled again from the service centre. It took a few attempts and a silver box flushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I was so wrong. It happened again. I was approaching a roundabout, braked lightly and depressed the clutch to downshift and the car shut down and MID displayed the message 'check engine system'. But within a second MID lit back up , I turned the ignition key and the car started. No telltale signs on the Adrenox app, the drive home was smooth again after that. Not sure what is wrong.
This happened with me too, exactly as you've described. I thought that the car stalled, but now I can see that it was a system glitch. Another user also reported a loss of power while driving that corrected itself after a restart. We can't do anything until M&M updates the software and removes these bugs.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 16:29   #6746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Hello everyone, I have still not got floor mats and sunshades for my XUV700 (delivered in April). I had used KAGU 3D mats in my XUV500 and found them the best. They are not available for XUV700 but Hottracks, who used to sell Kagu, has suggested Pharaoh , but Pharaoh are still developing the mats for 7 seater automatic and may take another couple of months. In the meanwhile I came across these ones. Has anyone used them, if yes what is your experience and advice. Also which is a good sunshade?

I installed these mats about a month ago as I also wanted 3D mats. They are not of the same material as Kagu mats, but they are really good and easy to clean. I have has situations where a lot of mud and wet feet were put on the mats and i did not feel any slipping while driving. I would suggest go ahead with these mats.

For sunshades i bought from Star sunshades through WhatsApp. I bought the rear windshield sunshade from which is of good quality. I had already purchased side window shades from a local accessory shop, but the one from Star sunshade is a lot better quality.
Route66 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 16:33   #6747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
For sunshades i bought from Star sunshades through WhatsApp. I bought the rear windshield sunshade from which is of good quality. I had already purchased side window shades from a local accessory shop, but the one from Star sunshade is a lot better quality.
Thanks for your response, can you please share photos of Star sunshades and the contact where I can get them. Thanks
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 16:44   #6748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Thanks for your response, can you please share photos of Star sunshades and the contact where I can get them. Thanks
I checked my WhatsApp messages and the name is actually Starmate and not just star. I forgot that as it has been more than 3 months since the purchase.

The contact number is 9958921057.

I deleted all photos from my phone due to space crunch and the car isnt home for me to click any pictures, but you can see some images on the FB page of Starmate: http://www.facebook.com/YJTraders

You can also ask them to send photos and details over WhatsApp. They provided pricing for a normal and a premium variant. I bought the premium one for rear winhshield.
Route66 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 16:46   #6749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
For me, both are worst. I went to Sireesh Auto Silk board first but ran away seeing their lackadaisical attitude towards customers. They feel they are doing us a favor by allowing us to buy a vehicle from them. Anant cars BG road is their Guru in terms of overall experience. I got mine from Anant cars only and have done everything from requesting to begging to escalating in order to get the delivery.

Choose a different dealer if possible , otherwise decide who is best from the worst
So far I found the SA from Anant decent since he's not been pushy about booking, but has been readily available for queries and TDs. What's funny though is he knew less about the XUV700 than I did. I have seen SA knowledge lacking even in other OEMs (BMW included). They are certainly not the best 'advisers'. I was also told that customer feedback for city fuel economy of the petrol AT is 13 kmpl.

On another note, is there anyone who has booked an AX7 P AT recently who can help with projected delivery timelines? Here again, the SA tells me 8-12 months which I find hard to believe.
Old 1st September 2022, 17:40   #6750
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone used them, if yes what is your experience and advice. Also which is a good sunshade?

I have these mats from carhatke portal. They fit just perfectly and are good especially for the monsoons. However there are a few things to note. The driver side mat has options for clips but they dont fit right in the floor hooks provided. There are no clips for the passenger side.
One trick that I have used to fix double sided 3m tape based velcro clips. The fit and finish overall is really nice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks