Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 11:29   #6706
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Have got the same problem with audio system.My passengers have complained that there are no vocals heard only music specialy in the third row
Turning Off the 3D sound resolves this issue (the last option among immersive 3d,stage,party,breezy etc).
Also, we can set the direction of the sound from 'sound position' configuration.
Setting the position somewhere between extreme back and center produces the required vocal for passengers.
D_Security_Guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 11:47   #6707

Hi All

A few weeks ago, after a test drive and multiple analyses, I booked an XUV700 P AX7 AT. However, after relooking at my finances, I feel that I may be able to push my budget (if absolutely needed) by a few more lakhs to be able to afford an AX7L.

Given the long waiting period (I am being promised delivery in November 2023!), I may be able to re-book an AX7L without much of a hit to my delivery date.

I have highlighted some features I found useful in the Luxury Pack. Would appreciate thoughts on this so as to quickly modify my booking, if there is a strong value for money for an AX7L.

Moderators - This is one of my early posts. In case you feel this should be "What Car?" Forum or any other forum, please move.
Attached Images

Old 30th August 2022, 12:21   #6708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
What is ACC without stop and go? I thought the whole point of ACC was to decrease speed or stop if some obstacle comes ahead of the cruising car, and restore to the preset speed once the obstacle is gone. What is the difference between ACC and ACC with stop and go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Car would stop if the car in front stops but wont be able to keep the brakes engaged for longer duration and user intervention is expected. Now if you keep the brakes pressed it wont be able to resume even if the car in front moves. On car with auto hold, all this is controlled by car electronics. This is what I feel could be the reason. May be experts can throw some light.
ACC with stop and go is linked with the EPB - and the EPB (Electric Parking Brake) is provided only in the luxury AT variants.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 12:22   #6709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
Hi All

A few weeks ago, after a test drive and multiple analyses, I booked an XUV700 P AX7 AT. However, after relooking at my finances, I feel that I may be able to push my budget (if absolutely needed) by a few more lakhs to be able to afford an AX7L.

Given the long waiting period (I am being promised delivery in November 2023!), I may be able to re-book an AX7L without much of a hit to my delivery date.

I have highlighted some features I found useful in the Luxury Pack. Would appreciate thoughts on this so as to quickly modify my booking, if there is a strong value for money for an AX7L.

Moderators - This is one of my early posts. In case you feel this should be "What Car?" Forum or any other forum, please move.

i strongly believe you should get an AX7L over the AX7 given the list of features ( mainly the highlighted ones) it provides. What you need to check is if you can get these installed after market and if so what will be the price difference and is there any difference in quality.
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 12:23   #6710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WiseMen View Post
How big an issue is the suspension sound?

2) Is the issue at (1) easy to live with?
Mine is a May manufactured car and I don't really face any suspension noise. It could be because I usually have music running in the car or the noise doesn't bother me much. The noise is more like a muted thud and seems normal to me. But I have seen some customer videos where the noise is sharp.

Quote:
3) What is the football in trunk issue that many of you have been mentioning about?
Some people have a noise issue wherein the fuel keeps sloshing around. I think there is a technical fix to this issue and have heard some members getting theirs fixed. I did not face this personally.

Quote:
4) How reliable are the electronics? Do we face bugs/glitches often?
Plenty of bugs and glitches all around. The Adrenox system is laggy, hangs often and has all sorts of bugs. The core system too has bugs, the most prominent one being Hill Decent Control error that has been present since several months now.

Quote:
5) How is the quality of After Sales Service? What is the average time of service? (experience from Bombay would be even more welcome).
I have had a great first service experience at their Thane service center and also had a positive interaction at their South Mumbai center. I believe their after-sales in Mumbai is really good.

Quote:
6) How often does the car need to go for servicing due to these niggles/glitches?
I'd say rarely because most of the bugs are software related and a restart fixes them right away.

Quote:
7) Is the steering rack noise issue very common? Has M&M been able to satisfactorily resolve this issue?
Didn't face this issue and I haven't heard of this one as much. So I guess this isn't as widespread.

Quote:
8) IAX7 they only get the dynamic indicator in the front and the rear has been skipped.
Only AX7L will receive the rear dynamic indicator, that too at a later time. Since May, every XUV being delivered comes without it.

Quote:
9) One of the bigger let downs that I read was the Vi Connection. Has M&M changed this?
Vi has good coverage at least in areas in Mumbai where I frequent. I doubt there would be any way to port since such deals are made long term. Besides unless there is an e-SIM, changing SIM card would require a visit to the service center.

Quote:
10) Have you guys applied Ceramic or PPF to help maintain this?
I have done PPF and it has already helped me save a repaint when the car got side swiped. I'll post about this incident soon. I would highly recommend PPF for the darker shades since stone chips and minor scratches are very apparent on them.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 12:32   #6711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
i strongly believe you should get an AX7L over the AX7 given the list of features ( mainly the highlighted ones) it provides. What you need to check is if you can get these installed after market and if so what will be the price difference and is there any difference in quality.
+1 on the Luxury pack. The features are worth the additional price.
But I am not sure any of them can be installed after market. For sure it will void the warranty and also there be a big question on reliability.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 13:13   #6712
BHPian

Quote:
1) How big an issue is the suspension sound? Is it prevalent in all cars? The SA has informed me that it was prevalent only in a small batch of cars which were recalled and that the issue has been permanently fixed in that batch. He also informed me that no new cars have reported this issue. However, even recently I've seen some of your kind BHP-ians raise this issue.

2) Is the issue at (1) easy to live with?

3) What is the football in trunk issue that many of you have been mentioning about? Is this prevalent in a high percentage of cars? Has there been a solution to this? Is this issue ok to live with? (to explain my anxiety even my 10+ year old cars have never made any rattling sound or any sort of noise. I'm not sure if it's something I've experienced before)

4) How reliable are the electronics? Do we face bugs/glitches often?

5) How is the quality of After Sales Service? What is the average time of service? (experience from Bombay would be even more welcome).

6) How often does the car need to go for servicing due to these niggles/glitches?

7) Is the steering rack noise issue very common? Has M&M been able to satisfactorily resolve this issue?

8) I have read from some recent owners here, that in their AX7 they only get the dynamic indicator in the front and the rear has been skipped. Can anyone who has taken a recent delivery of the car with Luxury Pack also confirm if this has been included or omitted?

9) One of the bigger let downs that I read was the Vi Connection. Has M&M changed this?

10) This one's unrelated to ownership experience, but a question in general. I've noticed that White and Silver (lighter shades) seem to be easy maintenance. I have booked Midnight Blue, which I've seen if not cleaned properly, doesn't look good. It seems like high maintenance. Any tips for maintenance? Have you guys applied Ceramic or PPF to help maintain this?

Thank you guys in advance!
1. Even I own a June manufactured car and the sound is very much there. But it is not there all the time. I've driven ~4k kms in 1.5 months and only heard it while going over speed bumps at slightly higher speeds. It feels like the suspension is bottoming out but not sure. My father has a 2011 Honda City and compared to the sounds it makes while going over humps, I will take this any day and twice on Sunday

3. Think of the football thunk as exactly that. Try having a football in your trunk for a week and see the level of disturbance. Should be very easy to live with.

4. In my 4k running, the display behaved wierdly when I got both service notification (1k) and low fuel notification at the same time. I was coming back from Mysore and 1k service notification came up. Around 100 kms later, low fuel indicator came up and the screen started going off and on with a big sound from the speakers. This went away after I filled fuel. I mentioned this to the SA and they flashed the software. Lets see if that helped when I reach 10k

5. Compared to a maruthi ownership, I didnt see any significant differences

6. Answered in point 4

7. Havent faced this.

8. I have AX5 and with no dynamic indicators in the back. Tbh, I wouldnt mind not having those as we cant see them while driving I would feel slightly bad about not having dynamic indicators at the front as we get to see them in action while driving in traffic because of the reflections from the vehicle in the front

9. Not sure about AX7 and AX7L, but I use android auto while driving and Adrenox only to check stats. In my case, the connection isnt that useful and I will most probably not renew when it expires

10. Mine is electric blue and I was concerned about maintanence but it isnt bad. I do not clean it daily and wipe it lightly over the weekends. Midnight black might be tougher though
ramradcliff is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 15:09   #6713
BHPian

Was out of town for 4 days and the car refused to start, battery drained completely. AX7 P AT L, 2100 kms. This is is the second time this has happened, both times the car wasn’t started for a 3-4 days. Car’s on the latest software version (Apple car play pending).

This is proving to be a serious annoyance, am considering selling the car because of its unpredictable behaviour. It’s solid mechanically but unreliable thanks to all the electronics in it. Mahindra will stand by the car no doubt but one has better things to do in life than lugging it to the service station ever so often.

Now I know what it feels like to be a guinea pig ��. Mahindra deserves tons of praise for what they have achieved mechanically, unfortunately the overall ownership experience is sub-par.

Last edited by eagles_ts : 30th August 2022 at 15:29.
eagles_ts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 16:47   #6714
sbm
BHPian

Just this morning, the sunroof of my AX5 refused to close. I opened it to vent out hot air before a hospital run, and to my surprise, it wouldn't close completely. I had to park my car in the open with the chances of rain at anytime because I couldn't miss the doctor's appointment. I called Mahindra service service centre and they did send a team to check it. But before they arrived, I cleaned the channels in which the glass travels, made several attempts afterwards, and then it closed.
Today, I opened the sunroof using the key. This happened once before, and that time I used the button inside. So people who face this problem can try cleaning the channels by themselves with a clean cloth. Don't forget to apply thin white grease afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220830wa0014.jpeg  

sbm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 17:35   #6715
BHPian

Prospective XUV700 buyer here! Can FWD/non-AWD owners here share their experiences with the vehicle's drivability in slightly challenging terrain (i.e. mud and slush) that we see in some of our city roads after a spell of rain? Or even let's say inclines/ghat roads that may not have proper road infra.

I am worried that, with the weight of this vehicle, not having AWD will be an issue with tractability and I may be stranded in somewhat muddy/slushy terrain. Am I underestimating the capability of the vehicle here? Not like I visit too many of such places but I do encounter them once in a while on my trips out of Bangalore.
automowheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 18:47   #6716
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Prospective XUV700 buyer here! Can FWD/non-AWD owners here share their experiences with the vehicle's drivability in slightly challenging terrain (i.e. mud and slush) that we see in some of our city roads after a spell of rain? Or even let's say inclines/ghat roads that may not have proper road infra.

I am worried that, with the weight of this vehicle, not having AWD will be an issue with tractability and I may be stranded in somewhat muddy/slushy terrain. Am I underestimating the capability of the vehicle here? Not like I visit too many of such places but I do encounter them once in a while on my trips out of Bangalore.
Once I did put my AX5 through mud, it was deeper than I expected, but the car went through. That being said, only a proper 4X4 would help you if the mud is very deep. One thing I have noted is that momentum plays a major role in avoiding getting stuck. I managed, and many others managed to get our FWD through the situation in the picture attached, while the Scorpio guy got stuck because he overestimated his car's capability.
To summarise, if you don't intend to do off-roading, most FWDs can go through everyday mud slush and potholes with some maneuvering. The added GC, torque, and weight (yes, it helps to some extent) will help.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220830_18454752.jpg  

sbm is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 19:45   #6717
BHPian

Hi All,

Can someone please point out how the start stop function reallyworks on the manual version. As per the booklet I guess you need to be in neutral and lift off your feet off the clutch. I did that and the start stop light blinks but the engine still idles and doesnt turn off. If I press the start stop switch the car shuts down and unlocks, which is not something I want at a traffic junction.
Old 30th August 2022, 21:54   #6718
BHPian

AX7L D AT is fun to drive.
Here are a few expectations and observations on which Mahindra should work and provide us an update.

1) We require Normal Cruise Control on AX7L, Because the ADAS stops the car even if we have a scooter on the side lane, I want to activate Normal cruise control, with the latest update we are able to switch off the EMERGENCY Brakings but while engaging CC it says we need to switch on the Emergency braking. All we want is Mahindra should activate normal cruise control in this situation or give us a separate option under the submenu to activate ACC or just the CC.

2) The Alexa works as per Alexa's wish. You have good signals on VI Simcard but the Alexa won't start and also there isn't any inbuilt option to restart the system. Mahindra should fix the Alexa thing before our subscription expires. I feel like our subscription should be extended because we were not able to use it because of so many bugs. Mahindra shall provide us with the option to replace the sim card or just provide us an option if we want to change our network provider.

3) There is no option to install the apps, I would like to install the Gaana app rather than using Alexa to play music through Gaana/hungama. Direct application will be much more useful as Alexa doesn't work all the time. Mahindra shall provide us an option to install Apple Music/ Gaana/ Spotify. A few more apps like google news, Google-maps, and waze will do as the unit is android and should allow us to install the apps. People will for sure use the subscription if there is an option for these apps specially google maps otherwise I hardly doubt that someone will pay even 3k for a yearly subscription. I want to uninstall the zomato, news, and all other apps which I don't want to have on the unit. All I wanted is a decent music app and google maps in the system itself so that we don't need the mobile at all, that's what we all want when you ask for a subscription.

4) Mahindra shall give us the option to add the fan under the seats as pointed out by the RPMPune. Ventilated seats are a must in the north. Mahindra shall look into this on a serious note. Adding ventilated seats like an accessory will be much more helpful and Mahindra will win lots of hearts like TATA did by providing so many features on Nexon EV at a later stage and providing a lot of features to initial TATA Safari owners.

5) Mahindra should provide Hydraulic sturts on the front bonnet as an accessory. People who want will buy and install these.

6) Mahindra shall improve the service network and shall come with something like Maruti Nexa for their premium vehicles. All the Mahindra service centers are flooded at all times due to which they pay very less attention to premium vehicles. For example, I have visited the service center 3 times to resolve the Alexa issue but all in vain. It's still not resolved and Alexa comes with its own wish despite the full signals on the car network.

7) Mahindra shall recall and fix the football in the boot and suspension issue on their flagship and most expensive product. It's not good to ignore not the known niggles and issues. This is what Toyota/Honda is famous for. To reach the topmost position you have to take care of all these things and fixing the known niggles/problems will play an important role in this.

8) Mahindra shall provide us the option to put Simcard or replace the e-Sim of our provider in the car. I have seen this option in Range Rover in Australia where you can put your own sim card inside the car's slot.

9) There is no option to see what is being recorded by the Dashcam which claims the continuous recording, There shall be an option to at least see in the car while the car is parked. Dear Mahindra, we need this on priority as Dashcam is the most wanted feature in today's world.

These are the few observations and expectations from Mahindra, let's see how they react and what are their future plans for their flagship product.

It's easy to reach the Topmost position but very difficult to maintain it.
Mahindra should act wisely as "Great power comes with great responsibilities".
rpmmachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 22:41   #6719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Here are a few expectations and observations on which Mahindra should work and provide us an update.
Agree with almost all points, especially #6.

Quote:
1) We require Normal Cruise Control on AX7L, Because the ADAS stops the car even if we have a scooter on the side lane
Why will the car slow down for a vehicle in next lane? Unless the scooter is within the cars frontal area, it shouldn't slow down. That being said have you tried using ACC with follow distance set to 1 bar? That helps with the frequent braking within city limits.

Quote:
9) There is no option to see what is being recorded by the Dashcam
You can indeed browse and playback the recordings from the Settings menu within the camera app. What we really need is ability to transfer those recording to an USB drive. I cannot believe such a crucial feature has been left out by Mahindra.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 01:08   #6720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
The current brochure on the official website only lists Cruise Control for AX7 and Adaptive Cruise Control with stop and go only for AX7L. So, I am surprised they have something more in the car than what is advertised in the brochure!
Do look at the footnotes, it does say AX7 AT has adaptive cruise control. Hope this clarifies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks