Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2022, 11:27   #6811
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hello XUV lovers!
I had booked an AX7L AWD on 29 Nov 2021. Initial delivery date was June-July 2023.
A few days back I got a call from my SA that the vehicle has been allotted and ready to be billed. After all formalities and payments, the car would be delivered within 10 days.
Incidentally, I had enquired about my booking status from Mahindra Customer Care on Twitter only a day prior to this call. The Customer care had messaged back saying that the car's tentative delivery date would be Jan 2023.
The SA confirmed that the customer ahead of me had cancelled so I was scheduled to get delivery now.
Since I am presently out of the country for the next few months, I would not be able to take the delivery. The SA was very understanding in this regard and informed me that, since this was a cancelled delivery, refusal to accept this would not affect my original booking.
With a heavy heart, I had to refuse this early delivery and wait for the car allotment as per my original booking.
Karaboudjan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 12:23   #6812
BHPian

Is there a XUV700 MT variant with AWD? Or AWD is only offered with AT? I'll cancel my ScorpioN 4WD z8 booking if there is a MT AWD variant of 700.
Old 5th September 2022, 12:26   #6813
BHPian

Apple CarPlay update hasn’t released yet. Just checked with couple of service centres in Chennai
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 12:29   #6814
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there a XUV700 MT variant with AWD? Or AWD is only offered with AT? I'll cancel my ScorpioN 4WD z8 booking if there is a MT AWD variant of 700.
AWD is only offered with AT in the AX7(L) trim.
SDK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 12:35   #6815
BHPian

No update regarding Apple Carplay from the dealership in Mumbai yet. Looks like even this date is bound to get pushed.
Old 5th September 2022, 14:02   #6816

I got a similar call from my SA (Randhawa Motors, Vikhroli) asking me to take delivery owing to a cancellation. My actual delivery schedule is between Feb-March'23 (booked in Jan'22) and I am not interested to prepone it. Therefore, I politely refused.
Copperblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 14:14   #6817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
The max dealership will hold your car is 7-14 days. Any further and the booking will (rightly) go to the next person in line. New allotment will lose the price protection (if any) reset the clock and times can vary anywhere between 3 months to 2 years depending on variant.

What you can try is negotiating with the dealership about paying some amount to hold the delivery. Not sure if they will agree but worth a try. Last resort is contacting Mahindra directly and requesting them to hold for a month. But I feel it's unfair to hold a booking for so long when there are so many waiting for their turn with cash ready.

Thank you for inputs. Just to clarify - This is company lease car so holding the delivery by a few days is not possible. He is traveling in december so won't be in town for the lease paperwork and he not asking to hold the same car. He is ok to let go of december allotment and ready to wait for couple of months for fresh allotment. That's why we wanted to understand how soon the next allotment can happen. There is no price protection offer.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th September 2022 at 14:25.
Old 5th September 2022, 14:21   #6818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Just to clarify - my friend is not asking to hold the same car to next month. He is ok to let go of december allotment
The only situation in which that works is if it’s a cancelled/refused delivery i.e. originally billed to someone else. In such a case you can refuse delivery and let the dealer know you’d like to wait for your own car’s delivery.

If the car being allotted to you is billed to you from factory then you cannot postpone to next slot.
Old 5th September 2022, 17:09   #6819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only situation in which that works is if it’s a cancelled/refused delivery i.e. originally billed to someone else. In such a case you can refuse delivery and let the dealer know you’d like to wait for your own car’s delivery.

If the car being allotted to you is billed to you from factory then you cannot postpone to next slot.
SA said that dealer system is showing delivery in december against the order placed. So it is not on account of cancellation by someone else. Looks like my friend may not have much choice here but to refuse the delivery and wait again for unknown period!
Old 5th September 2022, 17:18   #6820
BHPian

-deleted for repeat post-

Last edited by Enthusiast81 : 5th September 2022 at 17:19.
Old 5th September 2022, 17:43   #6821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Very curious why you changed from auto to manual. The only advantage that manual offers is lower initial cost/better mileage which (IMHO) is more than made up in the auto with its ease of driving.
Hi, apart from the initial cost/mileage which you've already mentioned the other reasons were -
  • We already have an automatic car at home.
  • Running will be low, hardly 10k kms in a year. My daily commute is short with not much traffic as i dont have to drive during the peak hours.
  • Planning on buying a beater car next year so this one will be used mostly for weekend rides or outstation trips then.

Quote:
Is the decent quote for insurance?
Yes they agreed to match the price i got from my agent and also removed the handling charges without any fuss.

Quote:
Did he specify which niggles have been taken care of?
Mostly the software issues i believe, was not able to discuss further as being a sunday the showroom was very busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Suspension noise is very much there, be it a manual or an automatic. Also, most of the other niggles will be present if you take delivery in the next month or two.
I figured about the suspension part, its a gamble, hoping mahindra will come up with a solution soon.

Quote:
Although the manual gearbox on the petrol car is smooth and easy, most cities are getting more congested day by day. I feel you shouldn't change your choice of gearbox due to the waiting period.
Have explained the reasons above.
Waiting period was not an issue for us as we could have taken delivery earlier easily.

Quote:
True plus don’t forget that AX5 petrol manual misses out on ESP. That is a very crucial safety feature and should be a deal breaker itself. Highly recommend you switch back to AT if possible.
That is a valid point but as they say beggars cant be choosers.

Now i have to quickly find a buyer for our old xuv which is an uphill battle.
Old 5th September 2022, 18:09   #6822
BHPian

Forgot to add in my previous post, but to all people in Bangalore getting delivery of their car soon, you will not get your number plates on the day of delivery, SA informed me that the RTO has only 2(official) suppliers and it will take 5 days to get the number plates.
yuvmudapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 19:55   #6823
BHPian

Apple carplay is here on the XUV700. Sri durga in Moti Nagar New Delhi confirmed it.
The navigation directions is there on the MID. And the system is smooth and responsive.

Name:  2CE71F6BC81B495B9AB6DCE0B51EDF34.jpeg
Views: 761
Size:  61.7 KB

(This isn’t my car, the service centre guy sent this to me after updating it in someone’s car. Will give update when i go there tomorrow morning)
kushgandhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 20:16   #6824
BHPian

Another pic showing CarPlay navigation in instrument console. Really wish this was user upgradable, service centers will be flooded now.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-257eae0cb6a3442384d8c2419362ba6f.jpeg

[Source: XUV700 FB group]

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 5th September 2022 at 20:17.
Tanmay007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 20:17   #6825
BHPian

Hi, have booked the AX7 L Peteol AT yesterday via Company lease, wanted to know how much is the cess. Is it 20% or 22%?
Guess it depends on the laden GC, is it more or less than 170mm.

Last edited by RabidBull : 5th September 2022 at 20:18. Reason: Addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks