Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2022, 08:42   #6721
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post

I have done PPF and it has already helped me save a repaint when the car got side swiped. I'll post about this incident soon. I would highly recommend PPF for the darker shades since stone chips and minor scratches are very apparent on them.
Hey, how much did the PPF cost? How are you addressing the concerns around yellowing/hardening of the film with time, as well as the concern of paint peel when the film is removed?

I’m in two minds with respect to PPF.
Old 31st August 2022, 09:44   #6722

8. The football in the hood is very much a reality, and some times I start to anticipate the sound after braking.
>> What do you mean by this? I hear a drum rolling kind of sound when I apply brake when fuel tank is full.Is it the same or something different ?
Old 31st August 2022, 09:46   #6723
BHPian

For Bangalore folks- between Sireesh auto, Silk Board and Anant Cars, Bannerghatta road, can anyone provide a recommendation in terms of the sales experience? Who is easier to deal with and flexible in terms of test drives, insurance and discounts? I stay right in the middle of both dealerships so distance is not an issue.
Old 31st August 2022, 10:18   #6724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Hey, how much did the PPF cost? How are you addressing the concerns around yellowing/hardening of the film with time, as well as the concern of paint peel when the film is removed?

I’m in two minds with respect to PPF.
PPF for entire car cost me around 60k. Hardening/breakage was an issue with the older PVC/TPH based films. Latest films are TPU based and are resistant to breakage and use an acrylic glue which is safe for the paint and prevents any peel off. Buying a good quality TPU film is the key.

Check my post (Paint Protection Film (PPF)) in the PPF thread for more details.

Film yellowing will happen over the years regardless of the film you buy, don't fall for the anti-yellow marketing, some may take longer, but eventually all films will yellow. Darker cars will not be affected by this but lighter ones will.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 10:41   #6725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
For Bangalore folks- between Sireesh auto, Silk Board and Anant Cars, Bannerghatta road, can anyone provide a recommendation in terms of the sales experience? Who is easier to deal with and flexible in terms of test drives, insurance and discounts? I stay right in the middle of both dealerships so distance is not an issue.
I know Sireesh Auto, Silkboard, for 12 years. My current Scorpio is from them and I have 2 pending bookings (XUV & -N) with them. The staff are generally courteous, responsive and easy to deal with. TDs have been an issue at all, neither for me, nor for my neighbours whom I accompanied.

Insurance - Only upon new vehicle allotment, I would have these conversations with them.

Discounts - This depends on the vehicle you are looking at. I believe, there are discounts for XUV300.

In summary, you may not have the out of the world experience with them, but they get the job done.
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 11:19   #6726
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I managed, and many others managed to get our FWD through the situation in the picture attached, while the Scorpio guy got stuck because he overestimated his car's capability.
The Scorpio to me appears in the wrong path, the mud is deep at that point, the footsteps are pretty close to the mud, AWD might have helped there & for sure a low-range would have gotten it out.

One more observation & not a generalization. This picture appears from Nepal, where most drivers have sufficient experience of driving in slush / mud.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 12:24   #6727
BHPian

Need a confirmation:

Does the XUV700 AX5 Petrol AT variant come with the feature "ESP"?

I couldn't understand it properly from the Technical Brochure, neither any SA or seniors of the Dealership could reply me properly (their replies were "what is that?", and thereafter "passing the buck", "sir, give us the booking amount, we will ensure delivery by Diwali").
Old 31st August 2022, 12:28   #6728

7) Is the steering rack noise issue very common? Has M&M been able to satisfactorily resolve this issue?

My vehicle AX5 D AT had this problem and was resolved by the service centre during first service.
Old 31st August 2022, 14:12   #6729
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiverse29 View Post
8. The football in the hood is very much a reality, and some times I start to anticipate the sound after braking.
>> What do you mean by this? I hear a drum rolling kind of sound when I apply brake when fuel tank is full.Is it the same or something different ?
Yes, that's the sound we are talking about. The sound itself is not a major worry; it's the thumping that happens with it. It will certainly lead to a loosening of fasteners in the long run.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The Scorpio to me appears in the wrong path, the mud is deep at that point, the footsteps are pretty close to the mud, AWD might have helped there & for sure a low-range would have gotten it out.

One more observation & not a generalization. This picture appears from Nepal, where most drivers have sufficient experience of driving in slush / mud.
Yes, it's from Nepal. I was taken aback to see fully loaded Toyota vans driving through the mud. The Scorpio guy was just being impatient; otherwise, he too would've passed through.
Old 31st August 2022, 15:42   #6730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Does the XUV700 AX5 Petrol AT variant come with the feature "ESP"?
As per the brochure, ESP is available in AX5 diesel and "all automatic variants". So petrol auto should have it.

Last edited by naru80 : 31st August 2022 at 15:49.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 16:06   #6731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiverse29 View Post
What causes the sound is I guess the splashing of fuel when there is some room for it to do so and that's when the tank is not full to the brim but at 70 percent or there about. Whether it is a football or a drum roll or a tired friend taking a nap in the last row is free to our imagination
Old 31st August 2022, 16:51   #6732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WiseMen View Post

I have owned only Japanese cars from Honda and Toyota. These cars guarantee a very peaceful ownership, and they can outlast any apocalypse. The cherry on the cake is the absolutely great after sales service.

However I am having cold feet about owning a Mahindra. For me it is stepping in an unfamiliar territory.

4) How reliable are the electronics? Do we face bugs/glitches often?

5) How is the quality of After Sales Service? What is the average time of service? (experience from Bombay would be even more welcome).

6) How often does the car need to go for servicing due to these niggles/glitches?
!
I had a 2011 Honda City, I bought an XUV 700 P AT L in July 2022. The harsh reality is that Mahindra doesn’t seem to realise that this vehicle will bring in a lot of first time Mahindra customers whose expectations would be quite high from a vehicle costing 25-30 lakhs in Mumbai. From what I have seen thus far the experience at the workshop is just about ok. A Honda or a Toyota workshop is a far more welcoming place.

I am sorry to say but the electronics are simply unreliable. I have had two instances of battery draining completely and one instance of the twin screens blanking out completely. I had to drive from Pune to Mumbai in that condition, let’s just say it was not a pleasant experience, unsafe too.

In two months of ownership my car has gone to the workshop (NBS Mahindra, Sewri) 3 times and the Mahindra service centre guy came to my place once. A fourth visit to the service center is lined up. Anyone coming from a Japanese or Korean car experience will need to realign their personal expectations, because Mahindra is falling far short at this point & I don’t see much changing at their end.

NBS Sewri is located in a God forsaken place. I understand NBS Goregaon is newer and much better.

I was banking on the fact (hoping really) that most if not all the niggles would get ironed out in the initial few months. My experience has been otherwise.

To someone who’s about to get the vehicle in the next couple of months and is coming from a Japanese vehicle all I can say is hope for the best and be prepared for unpleasant surprises along the way.
eagles_ts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 17:01   #6733
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
I had a 2011 Honda City, I bought an XUV 700 P AT L in July 2022. The harsh reality is that Mahindra doesn’t seem to realise that this vehicle will bring in a lot of first time Mahindra customers whose expectations would be quite high from a vehicle costing 25-30 lakhs in Mumbai. From what I have seen thus far the experience at the workshop is just about ok. A Honda or a Toyota workshop is a far more welcoming place.

I am sorry to say but the electronics are simply unreliable. I have had two instances of battery draining completely and one instance of the twin screens blanking out completely. I had to drive from Pune to Mumbai in that condition, let’s just say it was not a pleasant experience, unsafe too.
Truly said. But the Japanese are also moving towards unreliable elements now. Introduction of lots of electronics, a panoramic sunroof, etc. will definitely render them less reliable than their previous cars. I think it's more about a reliable car than a reliable brand.

Regarding your issues, I too have faced the screen going black issue but it did come up automatically or after a restart. And the battery drain problem, it may be due to some software issue related to Please raise your complaint to higher ups so that they send someone from Mahindra to examine the car properly.
Old 31st August 2022, 18:06   #6734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Truly said. But the Japanese are also moving towards unreliable elements now. Introduction of lots of electronics, a panoramic sunroof, etc. will definitely render them less reliable than their previous cars. I think it's more about a reliable car than a reliable brand.

Regarding your issues, I too have faced the screen going black issue but it did come up automatically or after a restart. And the battery drain problem, it may be due to some software issue related to Please raise your complaint to higher ups so that they send someone from Mahindra to examine the car properly.
You’re right, my Honda barely had any electronics. But are the owners of Kia/Hyundai/MG facing similar issues? That would be an fair comparison since these cars happen to feature a fair amount of electronics.

I tried restarting the car a couple of times when faced with the blank screen issue, but no luck. Regarding the battery drain issue my car is on the latest software version, so I don’t think the dealer is at fault here.

Pls share any contact details of Mahindra seniors if you have them. I guess that’s the next logical step.
eagles_ts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 19:51   #6735
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
You’re right, my Honda barely had any electronics. But are the owners of Kia/Hyundai/MG facing similar issues? That would be an fair comparison since these cars happen to feature a fair amount of electronics.

I tried restarting the car a couple of times when faced with the blank screen issue, but no luck. Regarding the battery drain issue my car is on the latest software version, so I don’t think the dealer is at fault here.

Pls share any contact details of Mahindra seniors if you have them. I guess that’s the next logical step.
Actually, if you look at the performance-oriented offerings of these brands, you'll find some pretty unreliable products. The Hyundai TGDi engines are facing turbo issues, their DCTs are prone to failures, and Hyundai Bluelink is as buggy as AdrenoX. TATA's Harrier and Safari are plagued by electronic issues, such as drive mode malfunctions, which result in no mobility. Also, TATA's infotainment units are much more problematic. There was a guy whose Harrier was not detecting the key and refusing to open. Imagine that.
I am not saying Mahindra a saint. I myself faced lot of software bugs in the last two months, one incident of sunroof not closing and several other minor issues.*But as long as the car is working, I am avoiding going to the service centre. Yours is a different case altogether.
The point is that all these modern cars are problematic, and their initial owners are guinea pigs for companies. It's disheartening to spend millions of rupees and then lose peace of mind. You'll never find a Scross, Nexon, or City owner struggling with multiple issues because these are pretty simple cars.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks